Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coopscohen']Someone also mentioned adding a $5 gift card.[/QUOTE]
Genius! I decided to pick up Shadow Collossus / The Ico with $5 gift card with Saver and Sony50.

Damnit, and I thought I was done with ordering.. in for one order of R&C, and another order of J&D with a gift card. That's it, I swear.

[quote name='Zaku77']After reading through all the experiences going into Gamestop in this thread, I can clearly see why people prefer to shop online. I am always shocked when ANY B/M store actually knows about their own promotions. I am always the one telling them about it, then they have to go look it up, etc. If a B/M store really wants to compete, they should train their damn employees and keep them abreast of all relevant current promotions.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I think this was a fuck up at the corporate/website level, and the promotion really wasn't supposed to happen, at least not until Monday many of us were told. So the employees in-store were never supposed to know about it.

[quote name='TommyLove']Genius! I decided to pick up Shadow Collossus / The Ico with $5 gift card with Saver and Sony50.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I was contemplating a gift card, but I found a $4.99 used game that made SAVER work on Jak & Daxter, thought might as well try to see if it comes complete.

I better not wake up tomorrow with GS cancel emails and this thread growing 40 more pages of rage.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I actually didn't get a PUR card until recently as I don't usually shop there and didn't know they were free. I am actually surprised no one has ever asked me to sign up for the PUR card at the store.[/QUOTE]

:shock:Not sure if serious

Hmm, so even if I pay all with credit online they still charge tax? I was going to add R&C to the Jak, Ico and GOW Saga I already got in-store, but I think I'll just wait to see if I do get a coupon on Monday. I'd rather not pay tax if I can avoid it.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Nice! I was contemplating a gift card, but I found a $4.99 used game that made SAVER work on Jak & Daxter, thought might as well try to see if it comes complete.

I better not wake up tomorrow with GS cancel emails and this thread growing 40 more pages of rage.[/QUOTE]
Hey what do you think of Jax & Daxter? I was wondering about picking that one up as well and Rachet and Clank. Someone please convince me since I have no knowledge of Playstation games.

[quote name='Zaku77']After reading through all the experiences going into Gamestop in this thread, I can clearly see why people prefer to shop online. I am always shocked when ANY B/M store actually knows about their own promotions. I am always the one telling them about it, then they have to go look it up, etc. If a B/M store really wants to compete, they should train their damn employees and keep them abreast of all relevant current promotions.[/QUOTE]

people who are cognizant of deals, especially something like this that was poorly advertised to the public, make up a very small proportion of the market base of those who purchase games in general. deals are ran specifically for the segment of the population that's highly (relatively) elastic to prices and thus they require price reductions to enter transactions. if anything, this is perfect--people who know of deals will always explain them to employees, anyway, because they want that price differences and consider it to be more beneficial than the time wasted (and frustration) of explaining is costly. those who do not know likely don't care, and the store is better off entering into transactions with those people without coupons.

Thanks to the online code, I got Journey and a used copy of Gungrave on PS2 for $20.62 (my current copy randomly disappeared a few months back). Saver worked once I dropped in Gungrave.

[quote name='gibbyva']Tip if you want to get the $10 games and still use SAVER.

I just added 4 cheap PS2 games I needed since the B2G2 sale on them stack with SAVER & SONY50 and my total came to $14.94 for the 5 games. Technically it's subbing 4 games for the shipping cost but it's a win IMO.

Order Contents:
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection 1 $19.99
clear.gif

Speed Kings 1 $1.49
clear.gif

Gundam: Journey to Jaburo - Used 1 $1.99
clear.gif

4x4 Evolution 1 $1.99
clear.gif

Mercury Meltdown Remix - Used 1 $1.99

Ship this package to:

Shipping Method:
Value - $0.00
clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif
PUR Member Receive 50% off 1 select Sony Title with coupon. Expires 11/14/2012.
clear.gif
-$10.00
clear.gif

Discount
clear.gif
-$0.15
clear.gif

Buy 2 Get 2 Free on Pre-Owned PS2 games $3.99 and under. Not valid with other offers. Expires 12/31/2012.
clear.gif
-$1.34
clear.gif

Discount
clear.gif
-$0.20
clear.gif

Discount
clear.gif
-$0.20
clear.gif

Discount
clear.gif
-$0.20
clear.gif

Buy 2 Get 2 Free on Pre-Owned PS2 games $3.99 and under. Not valid with other offers. Expires 12/31/2012.
clear.gif
-$1.79
clear.gif

Subtotal:
clear.gif
$13.57
clear.gif

Estimated Tax:
clear.gif
$1.37
clear.gif

Handling:
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

Total:
clear.gif
$14.94[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for this idea! I did the same.

What do I do in this situation?

"Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. The credit card billing information you entered does not match the information on file at your financial institution. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

All of my information is correct and I just placed an order prior to this that went through fine, and have placed several orders before too. I am paying with GameStop credit and have more than enough to cover cost, also tried using a debit card and it says that same thing.

edit: was able to get my debit to work, won't take my GameStop credit tho... (probably flagged for whatever stupid GameStop reason)

What the hell? I just placed a $85 order an hour ago and they canceled it out of no where. They also kept the trade in credit and didn't put it back on the card.

Is this a glitch or something? How am I going to get back my credit?

That's really not fair at all. The deal was not suppose to go live until the 4th. Someone made it slip and a bunch of people went to stores saying that its live. The stores did not receive any word on it as it wasn't suppose to happen yet.

Corporate decided to make it go live b/c of that mistakes which could have happened to a store.

Also, its much easier for a site to get the info but a B&M store has a lot more promotions and deals going on. For one employee to know each one for each department is just asking for too much. Yes a Gamestop employee should know about their own specials going on (which they have to since you have to read all the emails and other employees have to say it to each customer), sometimes things slip through.

Though B&M shoppers have to deal with these small troubles, we still (imo) get better deals, get products right there, and can benefit from multiple deals from employees willing to price match / adjust for us.

Don't get me wrong though, online is also great and I get some amazing deals / service online, but B&M is better imo for those listed. Online is better for if you don't mind waiting a few days, deals as well (depends on product though), and high customer service (again depends on what site).

[quote name='CaoPi']Also just a heads up God of War saga, they give you GOW 3 on 1 disc + GOW 1,2 on the other disc. The other 2 games are digital codes!

Unboxing video shows this
/QUOTE]

This should be known to all those getting the game. No need to post that PSP remasters are digital especially when the site (Gamestops) shows that it is.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']What the hell? I just placed a $85 order an hour ago and they canceled it out of no where. They also kept the trade in credit and didn't put it back on the card.

Is this a glitch or something? How am I going to get back my credit?[/QUOTE]
You're probably going to have to call customer service. I don't know if my situation is similar to yours, but their website is complete clown shoes and allowed me to charge several orders worth more than what was available on my gift card before I realized it, instead of depleting them like every other site on the planet. When I tried cancelling the extra bad orders, the funds were locked up as a "negative balance" on my gift card, and I had to call Gamestop customer service for them to put in a request to free up the funds "in 24 hours", so I can't even order any more until then. What a joke (although the customer service rep was cool and figured out what was up pretty quickly).

I guess since no one seems to be able to get the actual coupons, I'll just go price match it at BB. Since I'm a Silver Member and an Unlocked Gamer it really shouldn't be a problem.

I'm just wondering if I should buy them online now or wait until the 5th for a (supposed) coupon. The good thing about buying it now would be: I guarantee the deal, but the bad is I have to wait for the games to come in; plus I have to place separate orders.

If I wait for the 5th, then I can get all the games in one place immediately.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Hmm, so even if I pay all with credit online they still charge tax? I was going to add R&C to the Jak, Ico and GOW Saga I already got in-store, but I think I'll just wait to see if I do get a coupon on Monday. I'd rather not pay tax if I can avoid it.[/QUOTE]
why wouldnt they charge tax? Tax is something collected by the state and credit is only a form of payment. Buying it online doesnt change that

[quote name='willywonka159']I'm just wondering if I should buy them online now or wait until the 5th for a (supposed) coupon. The good thing about buying it now would be: I guarantee the deal, but the bad is I have to wait for the games to come in; plus I have to place separate orders.

If I wait for the 5th, then I can get all the games in one place immediately.[/QUOTE]

I want a few of them but I ordered just one for now(KZ), to make sure I don't miss out on it. The others would be nice but since i've beaten them all already, I won't be mad if I don't get them now.

I didn't want to do several orders in case any get cancelled so i'll just wait to see if I get the coupon. If not I may put another order in after my first one ships.

[quote name='Havok83']why wouldnt they charge tax? Tax is something collected by the state and credit is only a form of payment. Buying it online doesnt change that[/QUOTE]

In some states, when paying fully with store credit you will not be taxed.

[quote name='Slowdance']In some states, when paying fully with store credit you will not be taxed.[/QUOTE]

that doesn't make sense. you can always buy gift cards right before purchasing something, effectively avoiding sales tax in all stores that carry a form of 'internal currency' (I'd wager that's pretty much every business nowadays, besides really small, local businesses)

[quote name='Slowdance']In some states, when paying fully with store credit you will not be taxed.[/QUOTE]

this is true, but it might be limited to trade in credit. In NY it was this way.

I know what you're talking about. I live in Tucson, AZ and we have a small chain of used entertainment stores called Bookman's here. When you purchase items using trade-in credit, you don't have to pay tax up to the dollar amount of the credit (for example's sake, if your order comes to $12 and you use $10 trade credit, you're only taxed on that additional $2).

I guess it's because you've already been taxed on that money once and you weren't exactly reimbursed your tax when you traded items in, so you essentially don't have to play it a second time. Definitely one thing I love about them. Too bad GameStop doesn't have that sort of system...

[quote name='Yigytugd']That's really not fair at all. The deal was not suppose to go live until the 4th. Someone made it slip and a bunch of people went to stores saying that its live. The stores did not receive any word on it as it wasn't suppose to happen yet.

[/QUOTE]

Please don't defend Gamestop at all when you are completely wrong about this situation. This deal was always suppose to Start 11/1/2012, it's just that Gamestop sucks and only sent out a few coupons to people and now they are saying it is suppose to start on 11/5/2012.

This is such a clusterfuck of a situation. So is this really going to go "live" on the 4th/5th or am I just wasting my time? I went in to GS today to ask them about it and of course they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Thanks OP.

Had to make 6 separate orders. Signed into my GS account and applied Sony50 and Saver to each.

God of War Saga
God of War Origins ($10 won't kill me for physical media)
Journey CE
Kill zone Trilogy
Infamous Collection
Ratchet & Clank Collection

[quote name='roundhouse']This is such a clusterfuck of a situation. So is this really going to go "live" on the 4th/5th or am I just wasting my time? I went in to GS today to ask them about it and of course they have no idea what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

No one knows for sure man, I would just try to buy this stuff online with the SONY50 & SAVER for free shipping if you want these. Gamestop is a clusterfuck right now with this.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']What do I do in this situation?

"Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. The credit card billing information you entered does not match the information on file at your financial institution. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

All of my information is correct and I just placed an order prior to this that went through fine, and have placed several orders before too. I am paying with GameStop credit and have more than enough to cover cost, also tried using a debit card and it says that same thing.

edit: was able to get my debit to work, won't take my GameStop credit tho... (probably flagged for whatever stupid GameStop reason)[/QUOTE]

Got the same error. Tried to edit information a bunch of times and got my account locked for 24 hours, that's cool. No coupon in my PUR account either. Thanks GS!

EDIT: From GAF, a site link with the promo: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-selectsonycollections

11/1-11/14

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Got the same error. Tried to edit information a bunch of times and got my account locked for 24 hours, that's cool. No coupon in my PUR account either. Thanks GS!

EDIT: From GAF, a site link with the promo: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-selectsonycollections

11/1-11/14[/QUOTE]

Same here. I got God of War Saga and checked out fine using my PUR card and then when trying to get ICO/SotC and a $5 gift card with my PUR card it locked my account because of this.

I didn't see the option of a $5 gift card; it read $10 minimum. I was probably doing something wrong, though.

Ordered Infamous Collection on one order and Ico collection & Red Faction: Guerrilla (X360) on a second order. If Red Faction comes complete I'll keep it, otherwise I'll return it.

[quote name='coopscohen']You're using a physical address and not a PO Box right? I know someone said they had that problem with the SAVER code.[/QUOTE]

I'll admit this....yes that was the problem, thanks. I do remember seeing that in the thread....oh wait, that was me who posted that!!!!! Man was I out of it yesterday

I'm not sure if anyone has mention this or gone this route but I got this price matched at Best Buy. I told the guy about the deal and he just rung up the games half off. This was at the Greensburg, PA store. I'll admit I got the last copies of Jak and Dexter and Ratchet and Clank (only bought 1 copy of each), but they had a ton of copies of inFamous, God of War, Uncharted, and Killzone.

whats the current TIV for Infamous 2? How about Red Dead Redemption?

[quote name='bazookajoex9']I'm not sure if anyone has mention this or gone this route but I got this price matched at Best Buy. I told the guy about the deal and he just rung up the games half off. This was at the Greensburg, PA store. I'll admit I got the last copies of Jak and Dexter and Ratchet and Clank (only bought 1 copy of each), but they had a ton of copies of inFamous, God of War, Uncharted, and Killzone.[/QUOTE]
chances of getting it PM to BB without some proof to show them is slim. Consider yourself lucky bc the cashier should have verified and most of them will

Hmm, so I was thinking about signing up for a PUR membership just to get the 2 games I wanted out of this, Journey and Ratchet & Clank, and just have a couple of questions for anybody kind enough to answer. I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "yes" but I'll ask anyway - it's free to sign up for just basic PUR membership and that's all you need for this, correct? Also, does it take effect immediately once you have activated it or whatever, i.e. would I be able to at least attempt to get the games with those codes right after I activated the membership or is there a waiting period?

It sounds like a real clusterfuck right now from what everybody is saying but I figure there's no harm in at least trying it by going to sign up and then give it a shot trying to order online. And if it fails oh well, I guess having a basic PUR membership could reap future rewards.

Thanks for any help! :)

[quote name='CaoPi']code doesn't seem to be working with Uncharted dual pack![/QUOTE]

Tried to place an order for it as well. Worked for everything but Uncharted Dual Pack... the manager at the GS I shop at is pretty cool guy. Will ask him if he will honor the promotion.

[quote name='Yigytugd'][quote name='CaoPi']Also just a heads up God of War saga, they give you GOW 3 on 1 disc + GOW 1,2 on the other disc. The other 2 games are digital codes!

Unboxing video shows this
[/QUOTE]

This should be known to all those getting the game. No need to post that PSP remasters are digital especially when the site (Gamestops) shows that it is.[/QUOTE]

Totally disagree with this response. I did not know the PSP games were digital copies.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Totally disagree with this response. I did not know the PSP games were digital copies.[/QUOTE]From Gamestop's product page:
[quote name='Gamestop.com']God of War Saga Includes:

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection which includes:
    • God of War: Chains of Olympus*
    • God of War: Ghost of Sparta*
  • Exclusive Bonus Content*
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus*
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War: Origins Collection*)
(God of War: Origins Collection and DLC available with new version only)[/QUOTE]If you read the description closely, it does essentially say the PSP games are on a voucher and that you are only guaranteed them when buying a new copy.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You could have bought only inFamous and got the free shipping. As long as the game is $24.99 or more BEFORE the 50% off, you're good to go.

...Still trying to figure out why I was charged tax using GS credit. Unless the 'no tax' is meant for used.[/QUOTE]
No, the only reason I added the extra stuff is because SAVER was not giving me the free shipping. I know it was supposed to give me free shipping on items before the coupon, but it was not working for me. No biggie since I was going to get the extra stuff anyway and it looks like I was pretty lucky compared to what everybody else is going through to make this work for them. Canceled or banned orders, trying to price match in different stores, and getting anyone at a GameStop store to know what corporate is doing. Good luck to everyone.

Alright im'a little late to the party (fucking sandy) but from what I've read so far this can't be done instore until next week? I just checked my pur and I had no coupon in my active offers. I really want to get in on jack and dexter along with the uncharted pack.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Alright im'a little late to the party (fucking sandy) but from what I've read so far this can't be done instore until next week? I just checked my pur and I had no coupon in my active offers. I really want to get in on jack and dexter along with the uncharted pack.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking. If you wanna do it in store the coupon probably isn't going to show up until Monday. I've had horrible experiences with Gamestop online so I'll wait to do it in store or go price match at Best Buy.

So what's the trick to getting 'Sony50' to work online?

I'm logged in, I've got the "You scored discounts on PowerUp Rewards Pro™ eligible items!" message, but when I add the code I get "Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue. The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon."

I know BBY is YMMV, but has anyone tried the coupon at Walmart? They're usually very good about price matching and competitors coupons

I would try, but I wouldn't actually buy it. My local walmart has some of the worst electronics people. Plus I hate shopping there. Lol

bread's done
Back