Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rawer']So what's the trick to getting 'Sony50' to work online?

I'm logged in, I've got the "You scored discounts on PowerUp Rewards Pro™ eligible items!" message, but when I add the code I get "Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue. The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon."[/QUOTE]
Looks like they disabled it.

Also, they cancelled my order that had a $10 gift card to circumvent shipping, so expect a lot of rage this morning.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Also, they cancelled my order that had a $10 gift card to circumvent shipping, so expect a lot of rage this morning.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Oh well. I don't think it was worth the +shipping anyhow so adding the gift card was only way it was worth it for me. Another deal will come through on Jak and Daxter in the future I'm sure so I will just wait.

[quote name='barrit']i'm a pur member, but i don't have that coupon in my active offers. :([/quote]

this. Omg what help please

This is just ridiculous. How can one of the largest game retailers in the country make this big of a mistake and make it bigger and bigger at every moment?

As a consumer, this pisses me off. As someone with an MBA, this is absolutely inexcusable and should cause a serious internal audit of each and every fuck up that led down this shit hole of incompetence. Everything they've done has made the problem worse.

Please, Gamestop. Do something to prove me wrong. Show me you have competent managers and not just ruthless suits that bilk gamers out of money. I dare you.

[quote name='zubalove']This is just ridiculous. How can one of the largest game retailers in the country make this big of a mistake and make it bigger and bigger at every moment?

As a consumer, this pisses me off. As someone with an MBA, this is absolutely inexcusable and should cause a serious internal audit of each and every fuck up that led down this shit hole of incompetence. Everything they've done has made the problem worse.

Please, Gamestop. Do something to prove me wrong. Show me you have competent managers and not just ruthless suits that bilk gamers out of money. I dare you.[/QUOTE]

Mistakes happen, fair enough to say. But I agree, GameStop has not done a single thing right at all with this promotion.

-Make coupon, but don't give it to everyone, yet make everyone "eligible for it"
-Make coupon not work in stores without override
-Say it was leaked early that is why it doesn't work...yet still leave the date on the coupon Nov 1st...which means it wasn't leaked early, you screwed up
-Put it on the website
-Have it not work on the website unless you figure out the coupon code
-Have it only work on 1 game per order which goes against what the coupon and promo say
-People order gift cards to get the free shipping because they can't buy it in store like they want to due to either not getting a coupon or getting a coupon but it not working
-Cancel said gift card orders to further piss everyone off.

This was/is a great sale which is uncommon for GameStop. I suppose they knew that and felt the need to make it horrible so it fit their standard MO.

Sigh typical Gamestop. You finally give me reason to shop there and then quickly remind me why I shouldn't.

[quote name='zubalove']This is just ridiculous. How can one of the largest game retailers in the country make this big of a mistake and make it bigger and bigger at every moment?

Please, Gamestop. Do something to prove me wrong. Show me you have competent managers and not just ruthless suits that bilk gamers out of money. I dare you.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to troll you but have you ever worked for a large company? I don't have an MBA but I've got two BA's and worked for several Fortune 500 companies in their Finance Dept's. They all piss away money and make what appear to be poor choices. Management lacks common sense and that's the problem with many companies IMO. But if deal wasn't supposed to be live yet, then situation is mostly not their fault.

I was going to try and PM at BB today but can't find any details on GS website any longer. Link listed in earlier post doesn't bring up details. Can anyone confirm or direct me to info on GS.com? Should have done this yesterday like I wanted to.

Remember, they also failed to inform store managers about this promotion as well.

This is a national chain. But their communication is worse than a Mom and Pop franchise. We know they're capable of more. I LOVE how they handle inventory. I actually admire that about the company.

But crap like this will kill a company. Or at least, it should hurt them enough for a competitor to over take them.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
-Make coupon, but don't give it to everyone, yet make everyone "eligible for it"
-Say it was leaked early that is why it doesn't work...yet still leave the date on the coupon Nov 1st...which means it wasn't leaked early, you screwed up
-Put it on the website
-Have it only work on 1 game per order which goes against what the coupon and promo say
-People order gift cards to get the free shipping because they can't buy it in store like they want to due to either not getting a coupon or getting a coupon but it not working
.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='juubei1i']Not trying to troll you but have you ever worked for a large company? I don't have an MBA but I've got two BA's and worked for several Fortune 500 companies in their Finance Dept's. They all piss away money and make what appear to be poor choices. Management lacks common sense and that's the problem with many companies IMO. But if deal wasn't supposed to be live yet, then situation is mostly not their fault.

I was going to try and PM at BB today but can't find any details on GS website any longer. Link listed in earlier post doesn't bring up details. Can anyone confirm or direct me to info on GS.com? Should have done this yesterday like I wanted to.[/QUOTE]
Go to GS home page, scroll down to Featured Offers and Deals, and you'll see:

Sony Collections

Score awesome deals when you buy select Sony Collections.

Here's some things I've noticed.

• Initial reports of the sale show that you need a coupon to get in on the deal and not everyone who's a PUR member has gotten it yet
  • The site had SONY50 as a code that allowed you to purchase ONE of the games per order; now it no longer works
  • The site now lists that PUR members need the coupon and it's only valid in-store; also offers 50% trade-in towards said games
Another promo involves $50 off a 360 w/ 2 free games between Oct. 14 - Jan. 5; I received said message on Oct. 23, nearly TEN DAYS AFTER the promo starter. Goes to show GameStop is extremely slow with this shit.

Glad I used my coupon in store yesterday and ordered the two games that were OOS at my gamestop.

Sucks the code no longer works. Hope the code comes back and maybe they add it to in store next week for the rest of you guys :)

No worries. I know where you are coming from.

This mistake is big enough where someone should be packing their desk up today. It really is that big. It cost them money. It cost them customer loyalty. It was big. And it was public. And it isn't even fixed yet.

There is no excuse for consistent incompetence. If your company let's you stay on while you do a poor job, your company should go under.

And I'm writing this as I should be building a statistical model....
:roll:

Okay. Back to work, or else I might end up packing up my desk!

[quote name='juubei1i']Not trying to troll you but have you ever worked for a large company? I don't have an MBA but I've got two BA's and worked for several Fortune 500 companies in their Finance Dept's. They all piss away money and make what appear to be poor choices. Management lacks common sense and that's the problem with many companies IMO. But if deal wasn't supposed to be live yet, then situation is mostly not their fault.

I was going to try and PM at BB today but can't find any details on GS website any longer. Link listed in earlier post doesn't bring up details. Can anyone confirm or direct me to info on GS.com? Should have done this yesterday like I wanted to.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='klimb22']Go to GS home page, scroll down to Featured Offers and Deals, and you'll see:

Sony Collections

Score awesome deals when you buy select Sony Collections.[/QUOTE]

In store only. Coupon required.

[quote name='zubalove']In store only. Coupon required.[/QUOTE]
...and? He was just looking for a mention of it on the GS site and I directed him to it.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I actually didn't get a PUR card until recently as I don't usually shop there and didn't know they were free. I am actually surprised no one has ever asked me to sign up for the PUR card at the store.[/QUOTE]

B/C the free cards are a minor metric, while the Pro cards are what employees are really measured on. Many will just ignore the free card.

[quote name='klimb22']Go to GS home page, scroll down to Featured Offers and Deals, and you'll see:

Sony Collections

Score awesome deals when you buy select Sony Collections.[/QUOTE]

THANKS, knew i saw it before but couldn't find it for some reason.

[quote name='klimb22']...and? He was just looking for a mention of it on the GS site and I directed him to it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I was running a little hot. Deleted. Mea culpa.

what's the point of getting a pur card today? i have two pur cards, both didn t get coupon, and both are banned from ordering online. so fingers crossed it works on monday instore...?
oh wait my wife is having a lil baby monday, so i guess id miss on that too. peace Cag!

I will be so pissed if they cancel my orders, i will be calling them right on the spot and finding a way to still get this supposed deal.

[quote name='Velo214']what's the point of getting a pur card today? i have two pur cards, both didn t get coupon, and both are banned from ordering online. so fingers crossed it works on monday instore...?
oh wait my wife is having a lil baby monday, so i guess id miss on that too. peace Cag![/QUOTE]

get your priorities straight, go buy some HD collections on Monday, you can watch your child being born anytime.

i called their 800 and he said it was supposed to be for november 5th only and it was leaked on accident and only if you have the coupon sent to your offers. lame...

so glad I drove down there for nothing yesterday.

I ordered 3 of these games yesterday on the site. The orders are still open. its a bit odd that they havent shipped yet. I hope they don't cancel because I used their code

[quote name='Mando44646']I ordered 3 of these games yesterday on the site. The orders are still open. its a bit odd that they havent shipped yet. I hope they don't cancel because I used their code[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is what has me worried, my two orders are still open as well. You would think these would be going out by this time of day. I bet mine is going to get cancelled but i hold on to a bit of hope since they aren't actually cancelled just yet.

Such an annoying deal! The GS I went to had a really nice employee trying to help me out, but she was pretty confused. NO ONE received an email that day explaining ANYTHING, she tried to override it, but that wouldn't work because it required a coupon.

Freaken coupon, ruined this whole thing.... I honestly thought it would be one of those deals where you just scan the PUR and boom! Sale! But nope! Let's do it the stupid way!

I think the code might be dead now? Tried applying it to GOW saga and J&D collection(1 item on cart at a time) and didn't work for both.

[quote name='Mando44646']I ordered 3 of these games yesterday on the site. The orders are still open. its a bit odd that they havent shipped yet. I hope they don't cancel because I used their code[/QUOTE]

My orders are still open as well. I agree that they should have changed status by now.

[quote name='Velo214']what's the point of getting a pur card today? i have two pur cards, both didn t get coupon, and both are banned from ordering online. so fingers crossed it works on monday instore...?
oh wait my wife is having a lil baby monday, so i guess id miss on that too. peace Cag![/QUOTE]
Mondays the day, well congrats bro! Good luck and hope everything goes well!

does anyone have a screenshot of when the website had that "BONUS" 50% store pickup blah blah? im fighting the CS rep right now about how the offer had me drive down to my local store for nothing and shes not believing me that it was printed on their site.

FZmFV.png

So I emailed customer service and here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.

Unfortunately this was an offer that was not available for all customers. It was made available to a selection of customers who met the sample criteria, and we do not have extra coupons to offer. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused; however, we encourage you to keep an eye out for future offers that will be made available.?

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.

Best Regards,
Karen B.
GameStop Customer Service
PowerUp Rewards

www.poweruprewards.com

Needless to say I'm dissapointed. I've been a loyal customer for years to my local gamestop.

my 2 orders are still open, 1 for journey and 1 for R&C i will bitch to GS customer service if they cancel, if the sale is going live next week anyways it is idiotic to cancel sales now

Just called my local Gamestop, he had absolutely no clue what I was talking about. He actually had this whole rude "Uh......no?" attitude about it too.

Seems like a good time for Amazon to take advantage of this and price match and save the day. That's all I'm saying.

[quote name='Shrowd']Tried to place an order for it as well. Worked for everything but Uncharted Dual Pack... the manager at the GS I shop at is pretty cool guy. Will ask him if he will honor the promotion.[/QUOTE]

No go in the store. My pro membership is up in 30 days, let them know I will no longer be renewing it. Not much else I can do than that take take my business elsewhere.

the cs rep transferred me to a supervisor who heard me out and immediately told me he can't honor the deal BUT heres a $10 off code for our website. definitely cool, reminds me of the days I used to call and tell them I lost my $10 off coupon code and theyd just give me a new one every time.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']In your example it seems to make more sense that mom and pop, as you call them, would have better communication due to their small size while larger corporations would be open to these issues all the time.[/QUOTE]

Sorry man. i wasn't clear. The "Franchise" part should have been the hook. Often a franchises are just affiliated by name. In coupon books, the coupon only works at some, and not at others. Because they all have different owners, operating under a corporate franchise. Subway is a good example of this.

This is a top down organization. When is the last time you went into a Sears, Starbucks, Barnes and Nobles, FYE, or Best Buy and had to inform them of a promotion that they didn't know about?

Now, how about Gamestop?

That was my point.

[quote name='Luriden']Just called my local Gamestop, he had absolutely no clue what I was talking about. He actually had this whole rude "Uh......no?" attitude about it too.

Seems like a good time for Amazon to take advantage of this and price match and save the day. That's all I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

If amazon PMs this deal, I will return my orders(assuming I actually get them) and re-buy from Amazon.

Why would I do this?
Because I HATE Gamestop that much.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Mistakes happen, fair enough to say. But I agree, GameStop has not done a single thing right at all with this promotion.

-Put it on the website

This was/is a great sale which is uncommon for GameStop. I suppose they knew that and felt the need to make it horrible so it fit their standard MO.[/QUOTE]This is probably nitpicking, but I'm not sure if this is true for those who actually received the coupon. I was able to redeem mine in-store yesterday with zero problems.

It's funny how I wake up and see 40 some plus pages from yesterday and see that Gamestop already pulled the ad from their website.

No matter how big the company is, Corporate already planned the sale or else it would of never been on the website for an entire day for all the games in the collection, its just being sneaky and deceptive to do otherwise after, everyone now needs a code? never said that on the page I went in and the manager honored it even thou he had no info.

Just went to Gamestop and the guy really wanted to sell me the games. He ended up calling Gamestop customer service and they told him that they would do it if the code worked, which I was trying to use someone elses so knew it wouldn't. Anyways, he said they told him to call the regional manager.

If anything, I'm just going to go to another Gamestop and hope they override it to a lower price and / or go to Bestbuy and attempt a price match. Hopefully BB doesn't see the coupon or matches it even though it doesn't show the final discounted price.

bread's done
Back