Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zubalove']Sorry man. i wasn't clear. The "Franchise" part should have been the hook. Often a franchises are just affiliated by name. In coupon books, the coupon only works at some, and not at others. Because they all have different owners, operating under a corporate franchise. Subway is a good example of this.

This is a top down organization. When is the last time you went into a Sears, Starbucks, Barnes and Nobles, FYE, or Best Buy and had to inform them of a promotion that they didn't know about?

Now, how about Gamestop?

That was my point.[/QUOTE]

LOL. You serious?

Best Buy has issues all the time, I've even had to argue with them about things in their own ad.

Barnes and Noble I get a different answer almost every time about how to use coupons on their Criterion collection sale.

KMART Gamer (when it was alive, and offering great deals) also constantly had people reporting to this site about how the coupons wouldn't print, about how the employees were clueless, advertised new releases not even being stocked, etc. Hell the guy that ran KMART gamer basically had to hire someone just to deal with all the issues/complaints on the side.

Basically even at a top-down, 100% corporate owned store, if the deal is even slightly convoluted most likely the hourly employees will be clueless and screw it up, or they will be suspicious of you thinking you are trying to pull a fast one (when you are really just trying to act on a legitimate great deal you saw online). The only time it's guaranteed to work is if it's priced accordingly in their system without the cashier haven't to do anything about it.

[quote name='boffosan']Unfortunately this was an offer that was not available for all customers. It was made available to a selection of customers who met the sample criteria, and we do not have extra coupons to offer.[/QUOTE]
MEANWHILE, ON GAMESTOP'S WEBSITE:
FZmFV.png

It's like they're intentionally trying to piss people off. "Here's this really good deal, but you gotta be a member. OH WHOOPS! YOU ALSO NEED TO MEET ANOTHER CRITERIA AND WE'RE ALL OUT!"

I need every one of the collections in the ad, I would have gladly signed up for one of the PUR cards for it, as long as long as the card doesn't cost much to get. But it figures that the one deal that makes me want to be a customer doesn't work.

[quote name='boffosan']
Unfortunately this was an offer that was not available for all customers. It was made available to a selection of customers who met the sample criteria, and we do not have extra coupons to offer. [/QUOTE]

Gamestop for the win here! I just wonder what this "criteria" was? Many people on here bought lots from GS, including tons of first party Sony games (like me), so, what else did we need to be eligible? That's what I'm the most curious about.

I submitted a price match request on Amazon for every one of the games on sale. Not keeping my hopes up, but maybe if a few others do the same, they'll look into it. Nudge nudge?

I see people having lots of issues on here. I ordered last night with just a filler for two of the orders my orders are still open. Are people getting their orders cancelled?

[quote name='Vigilante']This is probably nitpicking, but I'm not sure if this is true for those who actually received the coupon. I was able to redeem mine in-store yesterday with zero problems.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Hell the manager at mine asked me if I wanted to wait for them to get Jak & Daxter back in (on Monday I think he said) and use the coupon then.

Went to BBY and got price matched.

So Gamestop does not honor their own promotion, but BBY will PM Gamestop's promotion. Hmm, I wonder why I wanna sodomize Gamestop. And marry BBY.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']I see people having lots of issues on here. I ordered last night with just a filler for two of the orders my orders are still open. Are people getting their orders cancelled?[/QUOTE]
Only one of my orders was cancelled, probably because it had a gift card as filler. My other orders are still in open status, and I've already been charged for them.

[quote name='georgebot84']Went to BBY and got price matched.

So Gamestop does not honor their own promotion, but BBY will PM Gamestop's promotion. Hmm, I wonder why I wanna sodomize Gamestop. And marry BBY.[/QUOTE]
Don't fall in love, they both can and will stab you in the back when you least expect it.

Had a huge hour long hassle that worked out pretty well for me last night, just getting the deal on a couple of the games at Gamestop even with the printouts of the original game pages that had the documentation clearly indicating that all that was needed was a PowerUp Rewards membership and the discount would automatically be taken off by the register in store (no mention of a coupon necessary). Basically, the employee told me they would make a manual adjustment on a couple of the games, and as a compromise they allowed me to pick so of course I took half off of two game/DS3 bundles (GoW Saga and the InFamous bundles), pretty nice since they aren't even part of the official deal.

No real chance in hell of exploiting this on a massive scale, which is to be expected, and in fact all I wanted was one copy each on 4 or 5 of the games. I have a printout of the banner with the "Coupon Required" removed, so I will give it another shot if I don't get the coupon come Monday.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Only one of my orders was cancelled, probably because it had a gift card as filler. My other orders are still in open status, and I've already been charged for them.[/QUOTE]

My order with a gift card just got cancelled as well, bummer. Customer support is worthless too.

[quote name='kanamit']Don't fall in love, they both can and will stab you in the back when you least expect it.[/QUOTE]

I'll get a divorce. I already divorced Amazon (still hooking up with Amazon DVG though).

So Gamestop does not honor their own promotion, but BBY will PM Gamestop's promotion. Hmm, I wonder why I wanna sodomize Gamestop. And marry BBY.[/QUOTE]

Did you take the screenshot from the website or the coupon?

I give up, for some reason I can sign in to gamestop.com fine, but when I checkout from the cart to pay, It keeps saying my email or password is wrong. Also called multiple gamestop, all of them dont know what I'm talking about.

[quote name='LD_Helix']I give up, for some reason I can sign in to gamestop.com fine, but when I checkout from the cart to pay, It keeps saying my email or password is wrong. Also called multiple gamestop, all of them dont know what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

You're calling multiple stores to take care of a website issue? That might be one reason they don't know what you're talking about. :applause:

[quote name='Agent Orange']You're calling multiple stores to take care of a website issue? That might be one reason they don't know what you're talking about. :applause:[/QUOTE]
Uhh no I called about the deal not my web problem. But yeah that does sound stupid in context

Curious as well

[quote name='k1ngster']Got it to work.[/QUOTE]

You can get it to work right now?? I'm a pro member and I haven't used the code yet, but when I type in sony50, all I get is

exclaim.gif
Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon.

[quote name='Zaku77']After reading through all the experiences going into Gamestop in this thread, I can clearly see why people prefer to shop online. I am always shocked when ANY B/M store actually knows about their own promotions. I am always the one telling them about it, then they have to go look it up, etc. If a B/M store really wants to compete, they should train their damn employees and keep them abreast of all relevant current promotions.[/QUOTE]

Think thats bad?

I had 1 store claim it was a hoax created by Joystiq and another location tell me that they would not honor false deals (actually debated with this moron).

This coupon crap is bullshit. I have NEVER! received a single coupon other then my original B2G1 Free coupon. I'm sick of missing out on deals like this because GS wants to select who can get what deals. fuck them I'm done with GS at this point.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']Did you take the screenshot from the website or the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I showed them on my phone, then they pulled up the GS website on their own PC's. They called over a manager and he said he would PM.

This was all while I was doing a trade in. I asked the trade in guy if they were PMing the gamestop sale, he looked it up and called a manager.

I would also recommend taking your PUR card and printing the coupon that is up on this thread. YMMV, similar to the TRU PM.

Good luck guys

Good job Gamestop. You have successfully alienated plenty of customers with crappy business practices right before your prime business season begins.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Any chance that a price match would work at Walmart?[/QUOTE]

They don't pricematch online or % discounts, so probably not.

Ugh, both of my orders on gamestop are still in OPEN status, i bet i know what is going on at this point. I'm pretty sure corporate has put all of our orders on hold while debating about this, i know what is going to happen though....they will just cancel this outright.

HELP!!! Does anyone have screenshots from the website showing the deal, They seem to have taken it off their site only showing a search for sony collections with no banner, my local gamestop says thell honor the deal if i go with a printout---- help very much appreciated

I can't believe this. I been to two GameStops and I get two different stories. I will just wait until I hear something or do Black Friday. I am so done with this

[quote name='Mcast']HELP!!! Does anyone have screenshots from the website showing the deal, They seem to have taken it off their site only showing a search for sony collections with no banner, my local gamestop says thell honor the deal if i go with a printout---- help very much appreciated[/QUOTE]

Blah, same. Except Best Buy said they'd honor it if I could pull up something on my phone or give them a url to pull up there. And as I discover this, the banner gets taken down.

[quote name='I Am Legend']Good job Gamestop. You have successfully alienated plenty of customers with crappy business practices right before your prime business season begins.[/QUOTE]I am sure this won't hurt their sales this quarter in the least.

what did you show them at best buy to price match if you don't mind?

[quote name='Mcast']HELP!!! Does anyone have screenshots from the website showing the deal, They seem to have taken it off their site only showing a search for sony collections with no banner, my local gamestop says thell honor the deal if i go with a printout---- help very much appreciated[/QUOTE]

There's a coupon in this thread somewhere look that up.
Z

[quote name='georgebot84']I showed them on my phone, then they pulled up the GS website on their own PC's. They called over a manager and he said he would PM.

I would also recommend taking your PUR card and printing the coupon that is up on this thread. YMMV, similar to the TRU PM.

Good luck guys[/QUOTE]

I will do that. I have the coupon, if I get BB to PM, I will give the coupon to someone who would use it.

This is the best I can do:

[quote name='Tsukento']MEANWHILE, ON GAMESTOP'S WEBSITE:
FZmFV.png

It's like they're intentionally trying to piss people off. "Here's this really good deal, but you gotta be a member. OH WHOOPS! YOU ALSO NEED TO MEET ANOTHER CRITERIA AND WE'RE ALL OUT!"[/QUOTE]

This was posted on page 50, if that will even work.

[quote name='barrit']This was posted on page 50, if that will even work.[/QUOTE]
I dont want to sound like a scammer, but maybe white-out the part where coupon required under the clause? Print that out and PM at other store?

I haven't received my digital coupon, and called customer service, and was informed that not everyone will get a coupon, and that is a random benefit. I called BS on that. Way to alienate your client base, Gamestop! Here is the great deal as thanks for signing up for our service, but we might let you use it or we might not. Way to go!

[quote name='CaoPi']my order was cancelled, f*********************[/QUOTE]

I can feel it...all orders getting cancelled especially now that the banner promoting this is apparently gone to, fuckin hell.

Man, this whole thing has been bigger then a clusterfuck, i swear we need to all just flood their customer support when our orders get cancelled(i dont think it is an IF at this point, i think it is inevitable) and lay it thick with the bitching about the mess they created.

bread's done
Back