Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Guerrilla']Did you do the gift card order trick?[/QUOTE]

1/4 orders were cancelled, yeah that was the giftcard one since I had Ico+saver+discount code and +5 digital gift when I ordered.

Has anyone who placed orders online yesterday had their orders ship yet? I think that is the big question here, if no one has had their orders ship i think we know what the outcome of this SONY50 is.

[quote name='Solomon87']Has anyone who placed orders online yesterday had their orders ship yet? I think that is the big question here, if no one has had their orders ship i think we know what the outcome of this SONY50 is.[/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't shipped yet

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I'm not so sure that would work. I thought each coupon was unique...?[/QUOTE]

It might work as PM proof at Best Buy if presented along with the banner. I've never requested a PM there so I'm not sure how thorough they go over the proof, was hoping for more feedback from others here that have tried it before I waste the gas.

I ordered 3 items. Two were shipped earlier today and one is pending. I didn't use any workaround because all the games qualify for free ship.

[quote name='Oxyric']I ordered 3 items. Two were shipped earlier today and one is pending. I didn't use any workaround because all the games qualify for free ship.[/QUOTE]

Lucky bastard, but it gives me hope mine will ship eventually.

thanks for the screen grabs guys i think ill take the banner and the coupon and see how things go

[quote name='Mcast']thanks for the screen grabs guys i think ill take the banner and the coupon and see how things go[/QUOTE]

same.
I got the blurry black and white banner pic and coupon pic printed out, i'l do a detailed report on it when I get back >.>

[quote name='Solomon87']Has anyone who placed orders online yesterday had their orders ship yet? I think that is the big question here, if no one has had their orders ship i think we know what the outcome of this SONY50 is.[/QUOTE]

Mine's still listed as open. Journey CE + SONY50 + SAVER. Hopefully it ships, but if not, I'm sure it'll be on the cheap soon enough.

[quote name='doc_j88']Told you guys earlier i had success PM'ING last night at Best Buy

Nobody listens though[/QUOTE]

That was also when Gamestop's site still had the banner and a "clear" explanation of the sale though. The game has changed!

It seems like they'd want more proof than just a printed out image or something on a cellphone, since it's so easy to Photoshop an ad/coupon, especially when it's from a different store altogether.

While there is certainly a chance for orders to be cancelled, I have been monitoring my orders and credit card throughout the day. I placed four individual orders using SONY50 and SAVER last night. No problems using SONY50 and SAVER. All orders still show open. On my credit card two orders showd up as pending transactions this morning. This afternoon all four orders are showing up. So progress of sorts and nothing cancelled yet. Fingers crossed.

Those who are using the code *by telling them the code from your account* in stores, make sure you buy all the games you want in the same transaction. I just got the R&C collection and then realized I wanted the GOW saga too. Tried using the code again and she said it was used already. I told her it says I can get multiple titles but she said its only in one transaction tho. Anyways, Imma find a way around this.

Probably return the item and do a rebuy with saga and have them manually do the 50% off since my code is gone for good now. Will report back!

just went in to my local store tried telling them them it was 50% off and 50 trade in toward it but they would do it despite me showing them the deal and showing i was a pro member. :S but of course i have no coupon in my pro account :(

More and more thankful I got the local store to honor what was on the website yesterday. No guessing, no cancelled orders. Just a weekend of either Jak/Ico/Shadow.

[quote name='kanamit']Don't fall in love, they both can and will stab you in the back when you least expect it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I always laugh when people say stuff like that. BOTH companies are out for their own advantage, not yours.

So you got lucky this time? Great. Don't ever get used to it, because that's exactly when they'll F you good and you'll feel 'betrayed'.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Thanks for the banner, PMed Shadow/Ico at BB. Only other Collection I might get later is Killzone, but even for 20 its not that tempting[/QUOTE]

Did you use the B&W one or the one in color? And did you print it off or just bring the image up on your phone?

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']Those who are using the code *by telling them the code from your account* in stores, make sure you buy all the games you want in the same transaction. I just got the R&C collection and then realized I wanted the GOW saga too. Tried using the code again and she said it was used already. I told her it says I can get multiple titles but she said its only in one transaction tho. Anyways, Imma find a way around this.

Probably return the item and do a rebuy with saga and have them manually do the 50% off since my code is gone for good now. Will report back![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I figured if there was anything I was even remotely interested in getting, I should just get it and decide whether to return it later on (new games bought at GS this holiday season can be returned unopened by mid-January :shock:) since it would be easy to get a refund.

the super saver does mention TWO days for processing (a bit absurd but you get what you paid for i guess)

it'd be pretty shitty if they decided to cancel orders using codes that they put out...but this whole 'deal' does seem like schizophrenia on a company-wide level as to how to deal with this 'issue'

Can somebody upload a .pdf or something of the page where it said the games were 50% off, but it didn't say anything about the coupon? The one that was on the pages of the games, but was removed.

Went to GS with coupon yesterday immediately after work (4PM ish) got R&C, J&D and ICO/SOTC collections. wanted to get UC Dual Pack but it wouldn't go through because it is not on the coupon...very nice GS employee said that if I came back with proof that UC Dual Pack was part of the deal he would give it to me.

Used the B&W screen-print today, went immediately after work and he gave me the UC Dual Pack for $15.93 after taxes...

btw...I just upgraded my PS3 from the phat 80 GB to the Uncharted 250 GB so that must have triggered me getting the coupon...

Completely random but pertaining to Gamestop Power Up stuff.

I was looking at getting a new Turtlebeach x12 headset. There is a coupon on PUR for 38,500 for a free X12 headset. I of course only have 16,xxx points and am unable to redeem the coupon. I would gladly give $30 to someone for their coupon if they have spare points. Where would I propose this at that it would be okay? I have posted like this in the Request Videogame deals but have been deleted by mods.

Back to this actual thread, I would love to get some of these (mainly Jak and Ratchet, but my backlog is so big and with Halo and BLOPS 2 these weeks I do not need more haha.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Completely random but pertaining to Gamestop Power Up stuff.

I was looking at getting a new Turtlebeach x12 headset. There is a coupon on PUR for 38,500 for a free X12 headset. I of course only have 16,xxx points and am unable to redeem the coupon. I would gladly give $30 to someone for their coupon if they have spare points. Where would I propose this at that it would be okay? I have posted like this in the Request Videogame deals but have been deleted by mods.

Back to this actual thread, I would love to get some of these (mainly Jak and Ratchet, but my backlog is so big and with Halo and BLOPS 2 these weeks I do not need more haha.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this will work, transferring points to another PUR member...the GS PUR FAQ says it is forbidden but there may be a way around it....

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Still sounds YMMV to me though[/QUOTE]

My local BB pricematched this around noon today. I had a printout of the page that states the deal. The guy went to GS.com and found it for himself, thought about it a few minutes and told the customer service rep to match them.

He originally thought I was PMing copies I had already bought (cause I had a bag of trade ins to do), he seemed even more relaxed when I told him I had to go get the games from the racks.

I got GoW, Jax, Ratchet, Infamous and Journey. Would have gotten KZ but they didn't have it. I traded in my old copies of GoW and Infamous which made the deal even better. I have a ton of BB credit so it paid for the remaining balance.

Of course, it could always be YMMV.

[quote name='jimijumper']Not sure if this will work, transferring points to another PUR member...the GS PUR FAQ says it is forbidden but there may be a way around it....[/QUOTE]

I was saying to have someone redeem their own coupon and I buy it off of them...

Either way if anyone is interested awesome, otherwise I found this dated thread that it appears as though no one uses...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317100&page=7

[quote name='Fukurou']Can somebody upload a .pdf or something of the page where it said the games were 50% off, but it didn't say anything about the coupon? The one that was on the pages of the games, but was removed.[/QUOTE]

Finally got around to scanning the original printouts of each of the games' web pages with the deal clearly stated. These are unaltered originals...I just wish I had screen capped/saved the web pages but at least I saved some physical copy to rescan for you guys.

Gamestop game page scans that clearly state original deal

Good luck, I just hope everybody gets in on this deal. Stick it to the gamestop man for the sheer all around hassle of this, LOL!

Ok so, I went to best buy and picked up BF3 premium for $40 then when I went to do this deal ( for killzone 3, Ratchet collection, Journey CE, and jak and daxter collection) The guy looked at the screenshot of the GS website and asked the manager, who went to look the prices up and stuff.

since the store didn't have jak and daxter that wasn't even looked for, Killzone trilogy DIDN'T work, and they said they could only do $20 for ratchet and Journey ( idk why or what they were looking at) I decided to take it, because this deal is frustrating and an extra $10 on the pair still makes it a good deal.

YMMV, I'm gonna wait a few days and try and do it again pending gamestop not being stupid.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Exactly. I always laugh when people say stuff like that. BOTH companies are out for their own advantage, not yours.

So you got lucky this time? Great. Don't ever get used to it, because that's exactly when they'll F you good and you'll feel 'betrayed'.[/QUOTE]

I know, i was just joking. I hate corporations, I do like it when BBY employees are flexible though:)

My order was shipped.
I used SONY50, SAVER, and a $10 off order of $10 coupon for Ico/SotC and Journey CE.

Best buy price matched the GoW Saga for me over the phone when the deal was posted on the website. I was told they do not price match gamestop but I called again and the second rep allowed me to do it and have it shipped to store. If you can lead them to something on the GS website showing the deal then there is a chance they will PM.

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']My order was shipped.
I used SONY50, SAVER, and a $10 off order of $10 coupon for Ico/SotC and Journey CE.

Best buy price matched the GoW Saga for me over the phone when the deal was posted on the website. I was told they do not price match gamestop but I called again and the second rep allowed me to do it and have it shipped to store. If you can lead them to something on the GS website showing the deal then there is a chance they will PM.[/QUOTE]

When did you place your order?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']In Bestbuy now. Showed this image and manager gave me a no on a PM. I know Gamestop won't honor their own promotions but I had some hope for Bestbuy picking up their slack. Glad I picked up Ico online last night when SONY50 still worked. And thank you for both the images.[/QUOTE]

went back in and got them to honor mine

[quote name='orangecrush']I am sure this won't hurt their sales this quarter in the least.[/QUOTE]
Seriously, plus EVERY person swearing off gamestop will be in the rat race trying to take advantage of the next great deal. People blow a lot of smoke when they get think theyre getting screwed but its all talk.

So I've been on the website and app since yesterday and looked under my acct and active offers and do not have it anywhere. I'm PUR pro, anyone else having this problem.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Seriously, plus EVERY person swearing off gamestop will be in the rat race trying to take advantage of the next great deal. People blow a lot of smoke when they get think theyre getting screwed but its all talk.[/QUOTE]

9 times out of 10 Gamestop's deals barely qualify as deals. This is one of the few exceptions.

bread's done
Back