Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. Grimm']9 times out of 10 Gamestop's deals barely qualify as deals. This is one of the few exceptions.[/QUOTE]

I refuse to buy anything from GS unless it is an unbeatable deal. Case in point this deal...IF it worked as it was supposed to. I find it amazing how two maybe three times a year GameStop has a good sale, this being one of them and somehow they manage to screw it up beyond belief.

So I just woke up :d

My single order for KZ trilogy shipped! But I see people are saying the code no longer works? Kind of a bummer, but i'm happy I got the one thing I really wanted. I hope I get the coupon so I can pick up infamous too.

So I've been on the website and app since yesterday and looked under my acct and active offers and do not have it anywhere. I'm PUR pro, anyone else having this problem.

Can someone clearly state either YES or NO: Is there any working online code that will allow someone to order these games at the discounted prices, today, at this moment? I tried the SONY50 and it does not work.

Frustrating, is all i have to say. I've been a Pro member for 3+ years (mainly for the mag subscrip) and no coupon in my account. I was under a huge deadline this week so i was waiting to go buy these today so i could actually enjoy the weekend w/ some ratchet & clank. guess that ain't happening. I haven't tried taking all the printouts of coupons to the stores, but i will (though i have 0% hope that it will work)

[quote name='pasolini']Can someone clearly state either YES or NO: Is there any working online code that will allow someone to order these games at the discounted prices, today, at this moment? I tried the SONY50 and it does not work.

Frustrating, is all i have to say. I've been a Pro member for 3+ years (mainly for the mag subscrip) and no coupon in my account. I was under a huge deadline this week so i was waiting to go buy these today so i could actually enjoy the weekend w/ some ratchet & clank. guess that ain't happening. I haven't tried taking all the printouts of coupons to the stores, but i will (though i have 0% hope that it will work)[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, the code is disabled. I tried it yesterday and it worked. This morning it did not.

[quote name='pasolini']Can someone clearly state either YES or NO: Is there any working online code that will allow someone to order these games at the discounted prices, today, at this moment? I tried the SONY50 and it does not work.

Frustrating, is all i have to say. I've been a Pro member for 3+ years (mainly for the mag subscrip) and no coupon in my account. I was under a huge deadline this week so i was waiting to go buy these today so i could actually enjoy the weekend w/ some ratchet & clank. guess that ain't happening. I haven't tried taking all the printouts of coupons to the stores, but i will (though i have 0% hope that it will work)[/QUOTE]

SONY50 was the only code for this half off for the Sony Collections.

AND like a whole bunch of other people i just got notification that my Journey and Ratchet orders have been shipped, huzzah!

both of my orders (1 for R&C, 1 for Journey) have just shipped. I used SONY50 & SAVER on each and were placed around 7pm yesterday. Finally, this shitstorm seems like it's over. just gotta wait for them to actually ship. too bad i didnt get to trade in AC3. guess i'll just do that at BBY

Just got my notifications that my

-Journey's Collector's Edition
-God of War Saga
-Ico/Shadow of the Colossus

editions all shipped. Managed to use SONY50 and SAVER for all three transactions.

Yay!

god this sucks. I don't usually get bent out of shape for missing a deal, but i've been waiting and waiting for any decent deal on R&C and a couple of the other ones. R&C hasn't been a penny less than 29.99 from any retailer since the day it came out. guess i'll be cancelling my pro accoutn too, since it doesn't seem to be doing me any good.

Well my power rewards card is going into the trash (useless anyway). Not trying to be dramatic but this incompetence is the last straw for me with GS.

They finally get a good deal going and they still find a way to fudge it all up. Guess it was too good for GS standers.

With gamefly, amazon, and even best buy I don't think I will ever need GS again anyway.

I just don't understand how they can keep in business with these kind of business practices.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Just got my notifications that my

-Journey's Collector's Edition
-God of War Saga
-Ico/Shadow of the Colossus

editions all shipped. Managed to use SONY50 and SAVER for all three transactions.

Yay![/QUOTE]

Just wondering, how did you get Saver to work on Ico/SC?

YESSSS My GOW Saga shipped! The Journey and Killzone collections were tempting, but had to pass. GOW Saga is the best deal, I mean c'mon it's 5 full games for only $23!

Well, since this has now turned into a "who's order has shipped" thread, my two orders have shipped, ratchet and clank and journey. Placed both orders at around 2am central. Held off on the Jak collection because I wanted to trade in the ps2 copies, damn it.

I hope everyone who didn't order online gets a coupon next week somehow. Despite Gamestop shipping my orders(I hope there is no drama with my stuff getting here, i live in an apartment) i still will be avoiding them like i usually do going forward. I had not bought anything from them in more then two years until this deal and look what happens, a bunch of shit over a couple games.

[quote name='mrclutch']Well on the positive side the 50 trade bump worked like a charm even though the manager didn't know about it.[/QUOTE]

How did you do that? Looks like anything related to this promo was removed from the website.

[quote name='pasolini'] R&C hasn't been a penny less than 29.99 from any retailer since the day it came out.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has it for $28.17 and a Prime eligible 3rd party seller has it for 27.99

Damn, SONY50 code still not working for me either. I've also been a PUR member for the last umpteen years. I was a member even before it was the Edge card.

Nice of them to reward loyal customers.

[quote name='barrit']Amazon has it for $28.17 and a Prime eligible 3rd party seller has it for 27.99[/QUOTE]

ok, maybe i was being too literal. A $1.82 discount is useless to me. I don't consider that a CAG-worthy deal

The one thing I ordered was shipped. I'm surprised, I thought all orders would be canceled considering someone just guessed SONY50.

Looks like I didn't get the coupon. Lame as I didn't get the PS3 sale couple they had nearly two years ago. Luckily a CAG hooked me up. I don't know how they decided who gets what.

All my orders shipped, yay! That makes me feel better. None of the tracking info they gave me works though, is that the same for all of you?

I just screen capped the image from the Gamestop page (w/o it saying it needs a coupon code) and will attempt to price match at BestBuy later on tonight. Hopefully I can.

Seriously, this deal is getting really out of control but it should be all good next week or during black friday so no real worries.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Well, since this has now turned into a "who's order has shipped" thread, my two orders have shipped, ratchet and clank and journey. Placed both orders at around 2am central. Held off on the Jak collection because I wanted to trade in the ps2 copies, damn it.[/QUOTE]

Very similar to you, my orders for Ratchet and Journey shipped. I too wanted Jak but didn't order due to shipping. Here's hoping they still plan to hold the deal in store on Monday.

Shipped! WOOP!:D

For those of you who waited around, maybe they will add the coupons to more accounts, on the 5th, like some have mentioned. I'm PUR Pro and didn't get 1.

Just got back from gamestop could not get them to honor the deal, they said they could not mark down the games themselves, but i wonder if that was just because their manager was on break?

[quote name='Mcast']Just got back from gamestop could not get them to honor the deal, they said they could not mark down the games themselves, but i wonder if that was just because their manager was on break?[/QUOTE]

I got them to do it without manager (unless he was a manager, though he went in the back to talk to someone...) approval, so either that 1 guy happened to know the coupon code or they just refused.

Journey shipped:whee:
Killzone shipped :whee:
Ratchet shipped :whee:
ICO/SOTC shipped :whee: Pac-Man Stress Ball not shipped yet :whistle2:(
Jak canceled due to gift card / shipping shenanigans #-o

Reserved a sealed copy of Jak in-store. Clerk refused to take 50% off since he believed the promo will be automatic, so I bought it on the condition that I can return it for a refund of the difference when the promo goes live (if it does) or for a full refund if it doesn't. :whistle2:k

Oh well, in the end 4/5 isn't bad for a confusing and mostly broken promo.

the employee did say his manager was waiting for me before going on break, he ended up calling some other manager from another store, makes me wonder if i could of walked out with those games if i just gotten there sooner? Maybe ill try again tomorrow when the manager is there

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']Do I enter Sony50 at the promotional insert or before checkout is there a enter coupon there that Sony50 works?[/QUOTE]
it expired hours ago

Just got a shipping confirmation email for every one of my online orders. I did not use gift card to get SAVER to work on Jak/Daxter Collection $10, I added a $4.99 used game instead (total was $24.99 before SONY50, but $14.99 after, so it qualified for SAVER). Already owned Ico/SotC.

Glad it worked because I brought proof in-store, and even showed them on their own website when this deal was "live" but they still wouldn't honor it. Each game had a description under it saying 50% off with PUR membership, this was before the famous banner went live on their website stating coupon req + valid in store only.

bread's done
Back