Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hobbie8046']It's bullshit that free members are getting the coupon before some of us paid members. I'm usually a GameStop defender, but it's this kind of crap that makes me understand the haters.[/QUOTE]

Don't act so high and mighty because you are a payed suck...err pro member.

Just got back from the store. The guy rang up all the games and the only one that it didn't apply to was the Uncharted 1 & 2 dual pack. Also... it's not listed on the coupon. So whether it makes any sense or not, it's a fact. I would upload an image of the coupon but I don't have anywhere to upload it to.

[quote name='Tsukento']Makes no sense, since it's part of this.[/QUOTE]

What are the odds I can just show the cashier the coupon from my phone? My home printer is out of ink and trying to find a place to print it off sounds like more of a pain than trying to get BB to PM it.

[quote name='Solomon87']Don't act so high and mighty because you are a payed suck...err pro member.[/QUOTE]

How dare I expect more than the free members. :headache:

Just got my coupon and picked up Jack and Daxter Collection,God of War Collection,Killzone Trilogy,Ratchet and Clark Collection,Ico and Shadow for $80 with tax!!! Great Sale GS!!!

The coupon is in the active offers tab. The phone app does not have that option i believe. You only need to know the code info coz the gamestop staff only needs the actual code to type in his system.

Well just got back from GameStop got all the games I wanted still sealed. I'm a free PUR member and I used the code to order god of war saga online on Thursday but decided to get the rest of them :) I got...
Journey collectors edition
Jak and Daxtar collection
ICO and Shadow of Colossus Collection
Killzone Trilogy
Ratchet and Clank Collection
All for $70+tax and I traded in a couple games so for me it was $60+tax. Would have gotten infamous collection but I already had infamous 2 and downloaded infamous 1 free from the free games after the PSN scandal but I got all the on collections that were on sale. I guess I'll hold out hope for uncharted trilogy in the future. Is that even announced yet?

Yup the clerk had all no idea that a sale was going on but I showed him the PUR offer on my phone and he put the code in and it worked no problems so I'm happy. Now I can not wait for my god of war saga to come in the mail. The tracking page updated finally over night and its in Tennessee with a estimated delivery date of 11/8/12. Hopefully I get it sooner.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']The coupon is in the active offers tab. The phone app does not have that option i believe.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does

The only thing im contemplating right now before hopping to gamestop is that since this sale is all sony exclusives, then theres probably a sale with this similar kind in the next copule of weeks for all other retailers. And gamestop got the inside info 1st and wants to unload all their stock before the others.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Why would you do this before Black Friday?[/QUOTE]What this guy said! Especially when Fry's has a really good deal on a Vita bundle in this weeks ad.

But to get back on topic, the coupon finally showed up in my account today. Gonna go get the Journey CE and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection.

[quote name='hobbie8046']How dare I expect more than the free members. :headache:[/QUOTE]
Works for Xbox Silver members. They get all kinds of deals ($1 month of Gold and so on..) that I never see as a paid member for the last 9 years.

[quote name='Havok83']Yes it does[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. Saw the offer after posting my reply trying to find it again. Hehe!

[quote name='rbanez']This will stack with the 50% trade-in bonus towards purchase of sony collection, right?[/QUOTE]

Stacking isn't the right word. But yes, if you have the coupon and trade in a game toward the collection you will get the 50% boost as well as the 50% discount.

249209_356976531063380_1548796046_n.jpg

Just got back from Gamestop using my code and got 5 games. My old boss told me he still hsn't received an email about the deal and I'm the first to get in on it.

Glad I finally got it since I went to Gamestop and BestBuy yesterday trying to price match it.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']The only thing im contemplating right now before hopping to gamestop is that since this sale is all sony exclusives, then theres probably a sale with this similar kind in the next copule of weeks for all other retailers. And gamestop got the inside info 1st and wants to unload all their stock before the others.[/QUOTE]Just in case you're right, I'm keeping all four of the collections I picked up through this sale sealed; if BBY happens to have a similar promotion, I'll buy them again there and return the GS copies since I have more BBY credit than GS credit.

Of course, I could always open them if I wanted, buy them from BBY, and return those copies to GS for the same result...:whistle2:k

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Stacking isn't the right word. But yes, if you have the coupon and trade in a game toward the collection you will get the 50% boost as well as the 50% discount.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!:D

[quote name='Havok83']are the coupons unique and tied to your account? If not, can someone mind sparing one for me?[/QUOTE]

Coupons are not tied to your account. I've used other coupons outside of the account just fine.

Still no coupon for me.

Haaa haaa! That's funny. These are collections, so each collection does come with multiple games. I'm not sure what you are eluding at either.

[quote name='ImpurePhoen1x']to be clear, the coupon works on multiple games within the collection?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Saix_XIII']No idea what this means.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ARenzo']Just got my coupon and picked up Jack and Daxter Collection,God of War Collection,Killzone Trilogy,Ratchet and Clark Collection,Ico and Shadow for $80 with tax!!! Great Sale GS!!![/QUOTE]

Was Ico and Shadow collection sealed or gutted?

Was able to get Ico collection and Jak collection sealed. Journey was gutted. Not bad for $35. Thanks to the OP since I never would have even known to look for a coupon without this thread.

What page is the coupon image of all the games on sale? Screw it, I'm PM if this is a one time use, as in store copies are sometimes gutted!

Got everything but inFamous sealed. And it works with multiple copies of the same game! Bought several GoW and Killzone for gifts / eBay.

[quote name='mr mellow']Was Ico and Shadow collection sealed or gutted?[/QUOTE]
All of my copies were sealed brand New!!!:D

[quote name='Investor']Haaa haaa! That's funny. These are collections, so each collection does come with multiple games. I'm not sure what you are eluding at either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess that was a poor choice of words, what I meant was if the coupon applied to just 1 game specific title that you chose (like the now defunct SONY50 coupon) of if it was applied to more than one collection, so if i bought Jak and R&C Collections, the discount would be applied to both)

Just traded in inFamous 2 for the inFamous collection. Got $9 plus $4.50 for the trade in (w/ the 50% bonus) and ended up paying $1.58 out of pocket. I also already have Festival of Blood, so if anyone wants to buy/trade for that, let me know.

It looks like the GS hate has died down. Nice deal. I haven't used the coupon yet but did take advatage of the trade bonus when I picked up the Unchated bundle. Bumped around 60 in trade for 4 games to over 90. I already had Unchated 2 GOTY so I traded my old copy to BBY for 16.80. I had picked it up during the BBY B2G2 anyway so I feel like I maked out pretty good.

[quote name='ARenzo']All of my copies were sealed brand New!!!:D[/QUOTE]
Good to here, and promising for me as i am in the market for these games and would much prefer sealed copies :D

Can someone post a new screenshot of their coupon that they got in their "Active Offers" list (just to take to the store - make sure you used it first). Or maybe someone who already bought their games online can spare me their coupon? Thanks everyone.

The 50% bonus is the good deal here, I think Im going to try to get the ICO/SoTC, God of War Coll, and Uncharted Collection...3 separate transactions.

Do you get an extra 10% for being a PUR member on top of the 50%? If I only buy one on the collection games and I trade say 7 games for it do I still get the extra 50%

Just got ...
God of War Saga - Sealed
Killzone Trilogy - Sealed (got a gutted but the case was cracked so went to another store)
Jak and Daxter HD Collection - Sealed
Ratchet and Clank HD Collection - gutted :(

Traded in God of War 3 and Killzone 3 and got back $15 so it totaled out to $53.00. I am kinda disappointed that I couldn't get them all sealed and I think its dumb that Gamestop cant just make fake box-art to put on the shelf. Is it that hard for the company to send out box slips to put pricing and info on the game. I don't know many people who go to stores and browse looking for new games. The internet provides us with all that and more. Sorry a little rant but I have had a lot of issues with "Gutted" games from Gamestop. Missing code, cracked boxes, disc was not in mint condition and not to mention your selling me an open item but that's another story. :)

I guess the coupon is 1 time use because I just looked at my active offers after I used the coupon in store and it is gone now. Glad I got everything I wanted I should just keep the receipt and it says I can return a sealed copy by 1/15/13 so if I find any of them cheaper between now and then I could return them. Interesting that is a long price match window.
:whistle2:D

[quote name='yruluis']Went to get ico, killzone and jak. Came out with a vita.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, why? You're on CAG, you should know not to buy without a deal. UH-DOY!

bread's done
Back