Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
all my games were sealed, however 2 of them were like the last copy being sealed literally! I was able to grab Jax and Daxter, Ico, and Ratchet and Clank collection! Damn suck this is a ONE TIME USE coupon!

Went to Gamestop with the coupon and picked up the Ratchet and Clank collection (brand new, sealed).

Traded:

Bioshock (PS3)
Bioshock 2 (PS3)
Enter the Matrix (PS2)
Manhunt (PS2)
Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360)

and paid $4.76 for the game :cool:. Neither clerk knew about the promotion and looked on their phones to see if they had the offer in their accounts as well.

Thanks OP. :applause:

[quote name='Invicta 61']Thanks! I was looking to go out and have BB price match with the coupon so I could get the Journey CE I missed out on. Too bad it's a one-time use coupon or else I would have went to other GS to get it.

Edit:
I'm a Pro member, buy mostly PS2 and PS3 games and I also have a pre-order in for BLOPS 2 Hardened Edition. Not sure if that helps anyone figure out the criterea for getting the coupon.[/QUOTE]

there cant be any criteria, because i got the code and havent been to gamestop in months, even then i was trading in and buying for all different systems. it must just be a random, lottery type deal.

[quote name='CaoPi']all my games were sealed, however 2 of them were like the last copy being sealed literally! I was able to grab Jax and Daxter, Ico, and Ratchet and Clank collection! Damn suck this is a ONE TIME USE coupon![/QUOTE]

Couldn't you buy what you wanted from one store without a coupon, and then go to another store that has the rest of what you want? There you return your purchases from store A, and buy everything again at store B with the coupon.

To add to the ridiculousness...I activated my free account and had this coupon waiting for me. I have not played many of these games because I mainly used my PS3 for MLB the show.

I am thinking of picking most of these up. I saw a few people confirm that BB did price match? Can anyone else confirm that? I would much rather try to purchase these games from there, sealed in their glory.

Edit: although the trade in value at GameStop is a nice perk.

I got the coupon today and I just bought and pre-ordered something at Gamestop, so I have no idea how they are choosing. I managed to get Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank new and sealed. Manager was rude and seriously pissed off about the coupon. Even more pissed that I wouldn't take the shelf copies. At that point, I just laughed at him which seemed to upset him even more.

I stopped at Best Buy before I went to Gamestop and the employee said they were told about it. They were willing to match it but he did admit it's up to the managers so just be nice and try. Only reason I didn't buy them there was I had credit at Gamestop.

I tried to catch up on this thread... I really did.

Can we get the first post updated with all the current info??? I'm a bit lost.

There's a coupon hidding in the thread that can be taken into a store??... they're going to be doing this offer starting Monday??... SONY50 used to work now doesn't??...

can some one give a concise update on all this?

The coupon is now store only and it is tied to your Power Up Rewards card. It wouldn't work until they scanned my card and the coupon. The coupon vanished from my account when I got home.

There was a coupon sent out to some GS reward members. Not everyone was receiving it. Supposedly every member will get a coupon by november 5. The online code does not work. Each coupon has a different code on it and is one use only.

The games this works for and their prices are as follows:

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

[quote name='teknomedic']I tried to catch up on this thread... I really did.

Can we get the first post updated with all the current info??? I'm a bit lost.

There's a coupon hidding in the thread that can be taken into a store??... they're going to be doing this offer starting Monday??... SONY50 used to work now doesn't??...

can some one give a concise update on all this?[/QUOTE]

Online code for gamestop.com is dead
Coupon is one time use and has a unique code, so no copies
Coupon might be found if you are one of the chosen one's under your poweruprewards active offers tab in the poweruprewards website.

[quote name='Mafiaman877']There was a coupon sent out to some GS reward members. Not everyone was receiving it. Supposedly every member will get a coupon by november 5. The online code does not work. Each coupon has a different code on it and is one use only.

The games this works for and their prices are as follows:
[/QUOTE]

Only God of War game it works on is Saga, not Collections or Origins.

Save 50% on select Sony Collections (Must Present Coupon for Discount - In Store Use Only)

Purchase 1 or more Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection SKU: 270705, Jak and Daxter Collection T25 SKU: 271076, Ratchet & Clank Collection T25 SKU: 271110, Journey CE SKU: 271198, God of War Saga T25 SKU: 271239, Infamous 1 & 2 Pack MVC T25 SKU: 271240 or Killzone Trilogy MVC SKU: 271272 to receive 50% discount . GameStop loyalty card required. No rain checks or substitutions. Not valid on pre-owned games. Selection may vary by store. Exclusions apply. While supplies last. Valid 11/1-11/14/12.

I am one of the few and proud chosen one's to receive the almighty coupon. I was able to get the infamous collection online the other day with the SONY50 code and I picked up Journey and Ico/Shadow today with said glorious coupon. Heads up though....it took a full 5 minutes for the discount price to show up on the register after the clerk entered it in. We stood there looking at each other until the price changed "magically" after 5 minutes of staring at each other and him asking how/why "I" got the coupon and "he" did not. He was jealous that he had not yet been granted with ye coupon and was not happy that I was purchasing the last gutted copy of Journey. ALL PRAISE THE COUPON AND YE COUPON WILL APPEAR TO THEE!!!

Has anyone that successfully used the Sony50 online coupon also received the in-store coupon? I was able to order GoW Saga online, but would like to get Journey, as well.

[quote name='KemperJones']Has anyone that successfully used the Sony50 online coupon also received the in-store coupon? I was able to order GoW Saga online, but would like to get Journey, as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did.

[quote name='KemperJones']Has anyone that successfully used the Sony50 online coupon also received the in-store coupon? I was able to order GoW Saga online, but would like to get Journey, as well.[/QUOTE]

I used the Sony50 coupon while it was available and finally got the in store coupon this morning.

Really glad I was able to get this PM'd at Best Buy. Not just because I would normally have had to use a coupon, but I was also able to give my business to Best Buy. The less business I give to Gamestop, the better. They have a great deal, probably the first really good one this year, (the year's almost over) and they fvck it up by having this coupon BS.

Hey, mitch079, I was wondering, what's with your sig? McMahon as McLovin?

I used the online code when it was posted here, but before I received an in-store coupon.

However, it's worth noting that:
1) Some people received the in-store coupon before the online code came out.
2) The online code wasn't unique, nor was it limited per account. The only actual limitations were that it only worked on one game per transaction, and only for PUR members.
3) There doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern to the in-store coupon distribution at all.

[quote name='Fukurou']Really glad I was able to get this PM'd at Best Buy. Not just because I would normally have had to use a coupon, but I was also able to give my business to Best Buy. The less business I give to Gamestop, the better. They have a great deal, probably the first really good one this year, (the year's almost over) and they fvck it up by having this coupon BS.

Hey, mitch079, I was wondering, what's with your sig? McMahon as McLovin?[/QUOTE]
Howd you manage a BB price match?

[quote name='Mafiaman877']To add to the ridiculousness...I activated my free account and had this coupon waiting for me. I have not played many of these games because I mainly used my PS3 for MLB the show.

I am thinking of picking most of these up. I saw a few people confirm that BB did price match? Can anyone else confirm that? I would much rather try to purchase these games from there, sealed in their glory.

Edit: although the trade in value at GameStop is a nice perk.[/QUOTE]

I still haven't received the damn coupon. Am I the only one at this point? I can't be.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I still haven't received the damn coupon. Am I the only one at this point? I can't be.[/QUOTE]

Nope.. I have not gotten one yet.

Gotta say, this has left a bad taste. Will be taking my business elsewhere after this debacle. Thank goodness Wall-Mart and BB price match so I never really miss anything from GS

[quote name='Shrowd']Nope.. I have not gotten one yet.

Gotta say, this has left a bad taste. Will be taking my business elsewhere after this debacle. Thank goodness Wall-Mart and BB price match so I never really miss anything from GS[/QUOTE]

get over it man, gamestop dosent care if they lost ur business, sick and tired of people bitchiin about not getting a deal. IT HAPPENS just get over it. i bet you anything you will shop at gamestop again.

[quote name='slamoco']I am one of the few and proud chosen one's to receive the almighty coupon. I was able to get the infamous collection online the other day with the SONY50 code and I picked up Journey and Ico/Shadow today with said glorious coupon. Heads up though....it took a full 5 minutes for the discount price to show up on the register after the clerk entered it in. We stood there looking at each other until the price changed "magically" after 5 minutes of staring at each other and him asking how/why "I" got the coupon and "he" did not. He was jealous that he had not yet been granted with ye coupon and was not happy that I was purchasing the last gutted copy of Journey. ALL PRAISE THE COUPON AND YE COUPON WILL APPEAR TO THEE!!![/QUOTE]

i too was a recipient of the almighty glorious coupon the first day it was issued. went straight away before cag vultures got everything, picked up killzone hd, gow saga, r and c hd, infamous 1 and 2. oh how glorious it was.

[quote name='Havok83']Howd you manage a BB price match?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fukurou']No, I used the ad that karkyco posted. It didn't say anything about having to be a Gamestop Rewards member or that it needs a coupon.

Major thanks to karkyco for posting it.[/QUOTE]

Like this.

Why does every body feel that they are entitled to this coupon? If it's a targeted offer let it be. Nobody complained about why some GS stores were running a B2G1 and/or 50% trade-in bonus on weekends. These stores were selected for certain reasons. No one called corporate complaining "...my store is next to a BB, why aren't they having this deal"?

[quote name='klimb22']Why does every body feel that they are entitled to this coupon? If it's a targeted offer let it be. Nobody complained about why some GS stores were running a B2G1 and/or 50% trade-in bonus on weekends. These stores were selected for certain reasons. No one called corporate complaining "...my store is next to a BB, why aren't they having this deal"?[/QUOTE]
You called? You must have, since you used the word entitled incorrectly. No, I suppose you used it right. But your premise is wrong. Indeed, people have every right in the world to feel entitled to a coupon that Gamestop wanted to give to only a few select people. That's stupid, in and of itself. Why only give it to a few people, and leave the rest out in the cold. This is a great deal, and having a lottery system for the coupons is wrong.

[quote name='Fukurou']You called? You must have, since you used the word entitled incorrectly. No, I suppose you used it right. But your premise is wrong. Indeed, people have every right in the world to feel entitled to a coupon that Gamestop wanted to give to only a few select people. That's stupid, in and of itself. Why only give it to a few people, and leave the rest out in the cold. This is a great deal, and having a lottery system for the coupons is wrong.[/QUOTE]
No, I didn't call. I also got the coupon today. GS never said this deal was for everybody. Would it make you feel better if the OP put a YMMV in the title? If it wasn't meant for everyone to get the coupon, it just wasn't.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I never get lucky with these bestbuy/Gamestop random coupons :([/QUOTE]
I miss out a lot too. BB, GS, eBay, etc. I just chalk it to not being one of the lucky ones. I never call complain. Just wait for the next deal to roll around.

[quote name='Fukurou']Like this.[/QUOTE]
cool. Im worried that if I print one out the BB I go to will go online to try and verify and see nothing

ETA: I just checked and the link he posted is no longer available. Anyone have the image and can upload it? Thanks

$15 - Journey CE

40 for at least 9 full games. Journey collection has few more smaller games on it. mmmmhhhhhhhhhh, some platforming goodness, not bad.

[quote name='klimb22']Why does every body feel that they are entitled to this coupon? If it's a targeted offer let it be. Nobody complained about why some GS stores were running a B2G1 and/or 50% trade-in bonus on weekends. These stores were selected for certain reasons. No one called corporate complaining "...my store is next to a BB, why aren't they having this deal"?[/QUOTE]

Because there is a free powerup rewards and a paid. Everyone that paid should have gotten one, period. Select free powered up should have been targeted. No point in paying for it if free powerup is giving it away and some paid did not get it.

Uncharted 2
GoW3
Infamous 1 and 2

Never owned a PS2 and looking forward to classics in HD but some of the best action games this gen (what remains of it) are in this deal that could of been had for dollars. One of the best deals GS has done, perhaps best all year and totally up to luck.

Here is both the banner and the coupon
RasOa.png

NoXeU.png

[quote name='paayter']get over it man, gamestop dosent care if they lost ur business, sick and tired of people bitchiin about not getting a deal. IT HAPPENS just get over it. i bet you anything you will shop at gamestop again.[/QUOTE]

If Game-stop has a promotion that Wal-Mart or Best Buy won't match. I will probably buy from them. But if it's equal they have lost my business. All three of those places are within a half mile of each other so it's real easy to just go elsewhere. Game-stop would care if enough people actually followed through on their concerns. I can not control what you or others do, but I do control what I do and my sons do until they are 18, and with that being said, Game-stop has lost my business.

I'm sorry that other posts have gotten you this upset at this topic.

[quote name='nixmahn']
Because there is a free powerup rewards and a paid. Everyone that paid should have gotten one, period. Select free powered up should have been targeted.[/QUOTE]
Says who? Show me where GS said every PUR Pro member was supposed to get this coupon.

Thanks for whoever uploaded this coupon http://imgur.com/0cDgw, took it to my local bestbuy, grabbed KZ, GOW, ico, infamous, and journey. Manager called up GS, took like 30 minutes to get everything worked out. The manager was like, "Holy crap! What a great deal!" 5 games, $85? Yes, yes it is.

[quote name='Yigytugd']It's not "screwed up". It's suppose to charge you the original price tax.[/QUOTE]

That's incorrect. I picked up more games today in-store, and the tax is charged on the discounted price, not original

[quote name='bruceg']That's incorrect. I picked up more games today in-store, and the tax is charged on the discounted price, not original[/QUOTE]
They were talking about GS.com which, initially, for some reason, charges tax on the pre-discount price, but "fixes" itself before they actually charge you. I wonder how many calls GS.com CS get about that daily.

[quote name='RealDeals']FINALLY got the coupon today, picked up Killzone Trilogy for $5.40 out of pocket. Might get R&C Collection and Journey tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
The coupon should be one time use.

Went to one GS and got Journey and R&C full price and went to another to get the last game(ico).
Returned the two and got all three with the deal but the system said the left over $20 from the return had to put on a gift card? That seems messed up for a return of new games bought not with GS credit.

[quote name='CrusherX']Went to one GS and got Journey and R&C full price and went to another to get the last game(ico).
Returned the two and got all three with the deal but the system said the left over $20 from the return had to put on a gift card? That seems messed up for a return of new games bought not with GS credit.[/QUOTE]
Not true at all. They can even go the other way. Like putting returns that were initially paid with store credit on a credit/debit card or give you cash.

bread's done
Back