Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='klimb22']Not true at all. They can even go the other way. Like putting returns that were initially paid with store credit on a credit/debit card or give you cash.[/QUOTE]

So it's possible to reverse that gift card if i don't wan't it? thanks for the info ;)

Got all of them but journey at best buy today. The first best buy wouldn't do it. They had me come in their office and try to show them where on the website I found out. I tried playing dumb and saying IT WAS RIGHT HERE but they wouldn't do it. I used the red banner that had the promo dates. went to a second BB. My friend and I went in and were super friendly to the guy and he got a manager to override.

So some people HAVE confirmed this working on the GOW red dualshock bundle or that's YMMV?

Also...by just simply showing them that banner pic, should they honor the deal?

Was able to get 50% trade in bonus plus 50% off today on ico. Got 7.50 for headset for x360 and $8.00 for 20gb hdd xbox

[quote name='WTFD4V1D']I just used my coupon, and my friend has an extra one. Could I use his coupon on my account?[/QUOTE]

Since these are one time use I would think the code on the coupon is linked to the account (looks like a scan of your PUR card is required), but if it works please let us know.

The language of Best Buy's price match states:

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

The bolded is the only thing where I see a potential issue.

Tried to PM at Best Buy and they wanted to verify it on Gamestop.com. Obviously they couldn't, so I left empty handed. However, this morning I woke up to the coupon and found Jak & Daxter, Ratchet and Ico/Shadow at my local GS. Thanks!

[quote name='exaznkid']no code yet, looks like i'll get somebody's sloppy seconds[/QUOTE]

I would love some fucking sloppy seconds of this deal. I don't care if the games are gutted with stickers melted into the case. I don't care if the 1 month ps+ trials are missing. I would just appreciate it very much if gamestop would drop a coupon into my account.

[quote name='klimb22']Why does every body feel that they are entitled to this coupon? If it's a targeted offer let it be. Nobody complained about why some GS stores were running a B2G1 and/or 50% trade-in bonus on weekends. These stores were selected for certain reasons. No one called corporate complaining "...my store is next to a BB, why aren't they having this deal"?[/QUOTE]

It was advertised as a Power Up Reward Exclusive...
I am a member of Power Up Reward Member
If it wasn't advertised on the website at any point then I, or many others, probably wouldn't have been so pissed.

Gamestop fucked up, period.

GS didn't advertise the B2G1 free/50% trade-in bonus on their website but did notify people who shopped at those stores that did receive this bonus with an email. Nor did it claim that any GS by BB would have that promotion...people just assumed that's what happened but even then there were several GS with close proximity of BB that still didn't receive those bonuses either. So other then the few gripes of "Aww man, I wish my GS did this." there really wasn't much to complain about.

alright just noticed this thread and saw i had a coupon, guess ill get journey ce + gow saga tomorrow. saw
BBY had trade in for gow collection + 3 for $4 +100% bonus credit soo $16 for both. basically paying $4 for origins if i do that and get my games back lol

[quote name='iduncurr']It was advertised as a Power Up Reward Exclusive...
I am a member of Power Up Reward Member
If it wasn't advertised on the website at any point then I, or many others, probably wouldn't have been so pissed.

Gamestop fucked up, period.

GS didn't advertise the B2G1 free/50% trade-in bonus on their website but did notify people who shopped at those stores that did receive this bonus with an email. Nor did it claim that any GS by BB would have that promotion...people just assumed that's what happened but even then there were several GS with close proximity of BB that still didn't receive those bonuses either. So other then the few gripes of "Aww man, I wish my GS did this." there really wasn't much to complain about.[/QUOTE]
People were complaining and calling way before it was advertised on the website. People only knew about it from the leaks. If it was indeed targeted, then yes, GS messed up by advertising it on their website.

One question: Does anyone know if Gamestop still takes in PS2 games? Cause I have copies of Ratchet and Clank+Jak and Daxter that I haven't touched.

Still waiting on the coupon but was able to get on the deal thanks to a BB PM. It took awhile but I guess it helped that there was a GS in the same mall as the BB. I told the CSR I didn't have an ad but said I had just been to the GS and if he could call and verify. (I had just been there trying to see if I could get the deal without the coupon but they said I needed it.)

He called and they did confirm and I thought I was done when I heard the guy say "oh you need a coupon." He did it anyway but apparently he had to call back the store and make sure that it could be used on more than one game.

After about 30 minutes, walked out with Jak and Daxter Collection, Ico and SoC Collection, inFamous Collection and Killzone Trilogy.

I'm fully expecting a coupon to be received now after all this hassle.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So the uncharted dual pack is the only game that was listed on the first post that isn't part of the sale?[/QUOTE]
You can't get 50% off of it with the coupon, but you can get the 50% trade-in bonus if you buy it.

[quote name='klimb22']People were complaining and calling way before it was advertised on the website. People only knew about it from the leaks. If it was indeed targeted, then yes, GS messed up by advertising it on their website.[/QUOTE]
I don't get what your deal is. We want a nice deal, who are you to tell us we shouldn't get it. Do you work at Gamestop? Do you have even the slightest idea how they chose the people to get the coupons? Do you realize that it was nothing more than a "pick a name out of a hat," selection and that is incredibly unfair. You got the coupon, great. But stop trying to mess it up for other people. Everyone deserves this coupon.

[quote name='Fukurou']I don't get what your deal is. We want a nice deal, who are you to tell us we shouldn't get it. Do you work at Gamestop? Do you have even the slightest idea how they chose the people to get the coupons? Do you realize that it was nothing more than a "pick a name out of a hat," selection and that is incredibly unfair. You got the coupon, great. But stop trying to mess it up for other people. Everyone deserves this coupon.[/QUOTE]
Whatever noob. I guess we'll agree to disagree. I'm out.

Got Journey Collector's Edition, Jak Collection, and God of War Saga in store Saturday with my coupon - all still sealed too.

So the 50% trade-in bonus is automatic without the coupon? I might go ahead and lock in the trades while I wait on the coupon to purchase the games at 50% off.

GameStop botched this promo worse than.........
1260804583-jocelyn_wildenstein_2_.jpg

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']So the 50% trade-in bonus is automatic without the coupon? I might go ahead and lock in the trades while I wait on the coupon to purchase the games at 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Lock in trades? Ohhhhh......Nevermind.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Lock in trades? Ohhhhh......Nevermind.[/QUOTE]

Not the collections. Just the games I want to get rid of so I don't have to risk them dropping before the coupon comes if I even get the coupon.

[quote name='Fukurou']You called? You must have, since you used the word entitled incorrectly. No, I suppose you used it right. But your premise is wrong. Indeed, people have every right in the world to feel entitled to a coupon that Gamestop wanted to give to only a few select people. That's stupid, in and of itself. Why only give it to a few people, and leave the rest out in the cold. This is a great deal, and having a lottery system for the coupons is wrong.[/QUOTE]

bby pulls this shiet all the time...i really feel like this "the customer is always right" really is getting out of hand. i used to work retail and the people bitchin really got on my nerves. im a loyal bby customer, i always buy from them, and whenever the holidays roll around i never get those rz coupons they give out or the recent "mystery" coupons, but i dont bitch. there will always be a deal. i really like this site i do, really helps the word get around. but to be honest there is a lot of bitching on this site.

Picked up

Kill zone trilogy. 20

God of war saga 20

Ico /colossus 10

Infamous 1/2. 15

Journey ce. 15

Jax daxter. 10

Tried getting the god of war saga with red controller but got shotdown, also tried getting the 2 pack of uncharted 1/2 no luck , maybe the single case version has different sku ? Can't complain awesome score

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Not the collections. Just the games I want to get rid of so I don't have to risk them dropping before the coupon comes if I even get the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see. Smart move. I may try Amazon for that, someday.

Just played Journey and though its a great game, its way too short. I should've just waited till the collector was $5 since $15 is a bit much for 3 very short games.

Still a great deal but not that good when you beat the games in 6 hours.

Oh well, time to get started on the Ratchet and Clank and Ico/SotC collections. Already played every R&C game but haven't played either ICO or SotC so this should be fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt the Journey CE will ever drop below 10 haha.

Does anyone know if I can spend the credit I receive from trading in for the collections the same day I buy them?

I actually think that the Journey CE might eventually be a limited release. I'd Rather pick it up now at $15 and than trying to finding it later cheaper.
You guys check out the Dynamic themes it comes with? They're pretty cool. Using the Flower one as my main theme.

[quote name='mknlb50']Anyone know how to get SONY50 code working? Also, I'm a Power-up member yet I haven't gotten this offer. Boo.[/QUOTE]
its expired

I am assuming that Killzone Trilogy and Infamous Collection have dlc codes that need redeemed before they expire. Does Ratchet & Clank, ICO/Shadow Colossus, Jak & Daxter and Journey CE have dlc codes as well?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am assuming that Killzone Trilogy and Infamous Collection have dlc codes that need redeemed before they expire. Does Ratchet & Clank, ICO/Shadow Colossus, Jak & Daxter and Journey CE have dlc codes as well?[/QUOTE]

Ratchet has a code for the 10th anniversary avatar and demo for the new Sly Cooper game. Journey has a code for avatars. Nothing on ICO or Jak.

Anybody know if any of the games have dlc codes that expire? I need to know cause I might wait to open some of them with my 20 game backlog of unopened games plus the ones I opened and never finished.

I finally found the coupon. Go to your Power Up rewards account and go to Active Offers.
It should be right there.

If it is not then email me and ill send the coupon.
[email protected]
Email is better than messaging because I dont check these messages often.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Just played Journey and though its a great game, its way too short. I should've just waited till the collector was $5 since $15 is a bit much for 3 very short games.

Still a great deal but not that good when you beat the games in 6 hours.

Oh well, time to get started on the Ratchet and Clank and Ico/SotC collections. Already played every R&C game but haven't played either ICO or SotC so this should be fun![/QUOTE]

This is why I'm staying away from Journey at the moment. Not worth $15 and I won't play the other games.

I got Ico, Jak and GOW Saga for $40.

[quote name='refan']I finally found the coupon. Go to your Power Up rewards account and go to Active Offers.
It should be right there.

If it is not then email me and ill send the coupon.
[email protected]
Email is better than messaging because I dont check these messages often.[/QUOTE]

Aren't these individually tied to you rewards card?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Aren't these individually tied to you rewards card?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they are tied to your account but they are 1 time use.

I don't have any offers in my account. I want multiple games. Is there anyway to swing this in person or online? I apologize for not reading the whole thread but there are so many posts...

[quote name='4tygames']Ratchet has a code for the 10th anniversary avatar and demo for the new Sly Cooper game. Journey has a code for avatars. Nothing on ICO or Jak.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok thanks!

bread's done
Back