Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Havok83']Its not like Ratchet is a story driven saga like Metal Gear or Mass Effect. Previous games werent necesarry to jump into the PS3 games[/QUOTE]

Umm, Ratchet & Clank is a story driven game and you do need to know the story in all games to get all the references. You don't need to play the games though but you most certainly should since they are all great games.

Definitely get the R&C, you won't regret it.

As for Journey, unless you haven't play the other 2 games as well, you should skip it. To me, b/c the game is so short, it isn't worth it but for 6 games its a great value.

My coupon was sent to me a few days ago, and I am a non-paid Powerup member. I ended up picking up "ico & shadow of the colossus collection" for only 9.99!

Seems I missed a give away under my first request since I was driving home... here's the request again.

There are six games I'd like to get on this deal (honestly want them, haven't bought or played them, not looking to flip them)... I'm a Pro PUR and no coupon... so... if anyone who has a one would be willing to trade I do have a few things I'm willing to put towards it.

Borderlands 2 Premier Club Code (360) (get free Mechromancer character)
Crysis 2 Limited Edition Code (360, can be used on "regular" version too)
Batman Arkham City: Cat Woman Code (PS3)
Mortal Kombat: Online Pass (PS3)
Mass Effect 3: Online Pass (360??? doesn't say system)
Assassin's Creed: Revelations: Ezio's Turkish Armor (PS3)
Some unused Indie Bundle codes for various games on steam...
Also have a few 48hr Xbox live gold codes (would even consider a 3mo code)

Just toss me a PM and we can see about a trade

thanks for any consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ack, I obviously don't want to read 92 pages so can someone answer a couple questions for me?

I am apparently a powerup member, but I know I'm not a paid one. Does that mean I can't get in on this sale? And what's all this coupon talk, is that something that was emailed out?

Any chance this is in an ad anywhere so I can try to get a pricematch?

Thanks for the help.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Umm, Ratchet & Clank is a story driven game and you do need to know the story in all games to get all the references. You don't need to play the games though but you most certainly should since they are all great games.

Definitely get the R&C, you won't regret it.

As for Journey, unless you haven't play the other 2 games as well, you should skip it. To me, b/c the game is so short, it isn't worth it but for 6 games its a great value.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I never felt lost when jumping into ToD. That was a great jumping on point for new fans of the series. Playing the past games was not required. Like I said, it's not like ME or MGS.

I have played the other games in the Journey set. I'm thinking of buying it just for that and then trading it in in a week or 2 since I've read it's short

[quote name='liquidcross']I found my coupon under "Active Offers" after signing into the Powerup Rewards site, and I am not a paid member.[/QUOTE]

When did you sign up?

I just signed up for the free membership a few days ago - the night of 11/2 - basically when this thread started, but BEFORE the bulk of people started actually receiving this under their "Active Offers" tab.

I was hoping it would just be for everyone. Since it's a "selected" offer, I wonder if anyone signed up late like me and still got the coupon? At this point I don't expect the coupon because if it was "selected", then for all we know you had to be an active member as a month ago to even have a chance.

[quote name='Havok83']Its not like Ratchet is a story driven saga like Metal Gear or Mass Effect. Previous games werent necesarry to jump into the PS3 games[/QUOTE]

Plus, if you only have a PS3 (or even a PS2 but with an HDTV), playing PS2 games is torture. They look like stewed turds.

[quote name='rcerboss']Ack, I obviously don't want to read 92 pages so can someone answer a couple questions for me?

I am apparently a powerup member, but I know I'm not a paid one. Does that mean I can't get in on this sale? And what's all this coupon talk, is that something that was emailed out?

Any chance this is in an ad anywhere so I can try to get a pricematch?

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

Coupons where sent out to free powerup rewards members as well. So no you don't have to be a payd member. It should be in your power ups account under active offers if you got it. Some people didn't the criteria to have gotten a coupon seems to be completly random based on previous posts.

The add was taken off gamestops website but some people screened it and you can probably price match on BB if they let you.

[quote name='Havok83']Not really. I never felt lost when jumping into ToD. That was a great jumping on point for new fans of the series. Playing the past games was not required. Like I said, it's not like ME or MGS.

I have played the other games in the Journey set. I'm thinking of buying it just for that and then trading it in in a week or 2 since I've read it's short[/QUOTE]

Yes really. Its story isn't on a grand scale like MGS or ME (most games aren't) but like I said, to get all the references and back story, you should play them though you don't need to. They are all great games and for $15 its certainly worth it. Heck, at $30 it was a steal already.

For Journey though, that is a good plan. You will beat all the games in a day if you really wanted too and could trade it in for the same price you paid for no problem. Trade it into BB for their 100% trade in bonus too.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Yes really. Its story isn't on a grand scale like MGS or ME (most games aren't) but like I said, to get all the references and back story, you should play them though you don't need to. They are all great games and for $15 its certainly worth it. Heck, at $30 it was a steal already.

For Journey though, that is a good plan. You will beat all the games in a day if you really wanted too and could trade it in for the same price you paid for no problem. Trade it into BB for their 100% trade in bonus too.[/QUOTE]Warning: I can't find Journey Collector's Edition in the trade-in estimator, so there's a chance they'll simply offer $1 ($2 after 100% :razz:) for a generic trade-in.

Bummed I didn't get the coupon--I was holding out hope since today was the official start of the in-store sale. If anybody got one that they don't think they'll use, please PM me. Ico/Shadow and Journey are calling out for my unused store credit.

Boo. I didn't get the coupon (am free PowerUp member since a year or so ago). I tried taking in a coupon that I found screen captured, just in case it didn't have a unique code, but they do. So, it didn't work. Disappointed, as I was going to buy 6 of the collections. :(

[quote name='liquidcross']I found my coupon under "Active Offers" after signing into the Powerup Rewards site, and I am not a paid member.[/QUOTE]
Same thing is true for me. I haven't even purchased a game from GameStop since March.

a note ive posted previously, if you ask the manager to use the code on one of the controller bundles they might let you do it. mine did with no problems, and you can trade back the controller for 25 bucks in the same transaction.

[quote name='paayter']lol you seriously didnt buy it cuz there was no manual? there are no manual in these....now u wont be able to get it since its a single use coupon...btw, when would you EVER read the manual?[/QUOTE]

I personally didn't buy it. But I had a friend with me who decided to get it. Since it didn't have a manual, the employee threw him an extra 10% off.

He won. I lost. No biggie.

Btw, it wasn't about reading the manual. It was about the perceived lack of completeness of a game that was supposed to be "new."

Hi I've been reading about people pming at best buy but I can't seem to find what people are pming with in the way too many pages... Could anyone post a picture again or anything that we could use to pm? I'm sure we'd all be grateful. Thanks

Could someone clarify the trade in bonus for me? You get a 50% bump when you trade in towards one of the Sony games listed? Does this part of it work without the coupon? Thinking of trading in a few things for the Jax collection to get the bump then return it and use the credit towards Halo 4.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Plus, if you only have a PS3 (or even a PS2 but with an HDTV), playing PS2 games is torture. They look like stewed turds.[/QUOTE]

Actually, PS2 games played on my PS2 that I have connected via component cables to my 51" plasma don't look too awfully bad...well, they look a little better than if I play them on my PS3 at least. Obviously the graphics are going to look more pixelated since the highest resolution for PS2 games is 480p, most games are in 480i, and even though the HDTV changes to the appropriate resolution, it has to stretch the image. But sitting 8-10ft away from the screen, which is normally where I sit, it honestly doesn't look noticeably worse than playing on my old CRT, which was a high quality 27". I haven't bought any HD collections where I have the PS2 games except for Ico/SotC because I have the CD version of Ico and for some reason my PS2 has gotten to where it has a very hard time booting PS2 CD games, though it has no problem booting PS1 games. :???: Heh, guess I could have played Ico on my PS3 but oh well, wtf. :razz:

Anyway, I didn't get the coupon either but since I just signed up for and activated my PUR membership late morning last Friday, I'm not gonna make a big deal about it. I wish I had seen this thread earlier last Thursday so I could have gotten my membership that day and at least tried the SONY50/SAVER option. :cry: I tried doing a PM at BB on Fri but the only cashier on duty was a f'in idiot who obviously didn't understand the concept of PM'ing. I could probably go back, try it again with a hopefully more intelligent cashier and maybe get it (which seems kinda ass backwards :razz:) but I figure fuck it. With my insane backlog, I'm sure I'll find the 2 I want, R&C Collection and Journey, for as cheap or cheaper sometime in the not too far future...maybe Black Friday.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Could someone clarify the trade in bonus for me? You get a 50% bump when you trade in towards one of the Sony games listed? Does this part of it work without the coupon? Thinking of trading in a few things for the Jax collection to get the bump then return it and use the credit towards Halo 4.[/QUOTE]

The 50 bump works automatically or at least last Friday when i tried it when I did not have the coupon.

I am not looking for a coupon but if someone is going to make a purchase using there coupon and isn't buying the Killzone collection, I would be more than happy to cover all expenses up front for you to get it and ship it to me.

[quote name='Kikyou1']Coupons where sent out to free powerup rewards members as well. So no you don't have to be a payd member. It should be in your power ups account under active offers if you got it. Some people didn't the criteria to have gotten a coupon seems to be completly random based on previous posts.

The add was taken off gamestops website but some people screened it and you can probably price match on BB if they let you.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update. I checked all my emails from Gamestop, no coupon :(.

Also I guess I'm not a rewards zone member? It won't let me sign in with my name/password, and is telling me I need to enter the information on a card that I never recieved to "activate" my membership. So I guess I've just been getting spam from when I was stupid enough to give an employee my real email. That said, it's saying I have a balance of 500 points in several esummary emails, so I have no idea what's going on. I don't think I've even bought anything from Gamestop all year except for Xenoblade Chronicles.

[quote name='nixmahn']The 50 bump works automatically or at least last Friday when i tried it when I did not have the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I checked my account and had the coupon so I went to GS today. They had Jak & Daxter and Killzone sealed but Journey, Ico/SOTC and God of War were all gutted display copies. I noticed Journey had a code for avatar icons, the Ico/SOTC box said it had some themes but I didn't have an insert so I hope it's on the disc and GOW had Origins as a downloadable code. I haven't gone home yet to try them but it better work because that's the only reason why I got the Saga because I already had GOW 1&2 but not 3 which came on discs. If not I'll be back there later today.

Sadly, they didn't have the Ratchet & Clank collection and I already have all the infamous and Uncharted games so not a bad haul assuming all those codes work.[/QUOTE]

yeah it's on the disc with video's of the game

[quote name='rcerboss']Thanks for the update. I checked all my emails from Gamestop, no coupon :(.

Also I guess I'm not a rewards zone member? It won't let me sign in with my name/password, and is telling me I need to enter the information on a card that I never recieved to "activate" my membership. So I guess I've just been getting spam from when I was stupid enough to give an employee my real email. That said, it's saying I have a balance of 500 points in several esummary emails, so I have no idea what's going on. I don't think I've even bought anything from Gamestop all year except for Xenoblade Chronicles.[/QUOTE]

They wernt sent out on emails. They are only in your gamestop powerup rewards account under active offers if you got one. A lot of people didn't get one. You also needed to activate your account and it sounds like you never got around to doing that.

Here is both the banner and the coupon
RasOa.png

NoXeU.png

[quote name='Blade3D']So does uncharted bundle work?[/QUOTE]

Thats the only thing I went in for and apperntly they took it of the list of games it will work for. It wasn't on my coupon when I went to go get the deal so the cashier refused to sell the game to me with 50% off.

Some people got lucky and got nice clerks that where willing to discount it anyway. So if you want to try your luck go for it but expect the worst so you arn't dessapointed if it happens.

ok so i went to gamestop with my coupon and gave the employee the 4 games i wanted and the coupon i checked out and then went home and then i wanted to go play my new games so i take them out of the bag there was only 3 games not 4 like i gave him the guy forgot the zillzone trilogy the game i really wanted

games where
Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
Jak and Daxter Collection
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Killzone Trilogy

this is 3rd time something happened when i shopped at gamestop

first time-the guy forgot the game disc went home then had to go back again

socond time-samething happen again

now the 3rd time guy forgot to get the game that i wanted

all three was at three diffent gamestop store's

so now i dont have the killzone game and now the sony50 code is'nt working

Thanks for posting OP, picked up R&C HD and God of War Saga. Wish they would have included MGS HD with this, only HD collection I want yet.

[quote name='starmask2k3']ok so i went to gamestop with my coupon and gave the employee the 4 games i wanted and the coupon i checked out and then went home and then i wanted to go play my new games so i take them out of the bag there was only 3 games not 4 like i gave him the guy forgot the zillzone trilogy the game i really wanted

games where
Killzone Trilogy

so now i dont have the killzone game and now the sony50 code is'nt working[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should start checking everything before you leave the store?

[quote name='starmask2k3']ok so i went to gamestop with my coupon and gave the employee the 4 games i wanted and the coupon i checked out and then went home and then i wanted to go play my new games so i take them out of the bag there was only 3 games not 4 like i gave him the guy forgot the zillzone trilogy the game i really wanted

games where
Killzone Trilogy

so now i dont have the killzone game and now the sony50 code is'nt working[/QUOTE]

u didnt bother watching him putting games in the bag?

I always check when I get to my car. Sometimes they forget the game but most of the time they give me a more expensive game, eg. when I bought batman AA, they game me AC and when I bought HDN, they gave me HDN MK2.

This is why their system is all jacked up when checking stock online.

[quote name='trunks982']u didnt bother watching him putting games in the bag?[/QUOTE]

No :whistle2:( he went to get the games

do you still have the receipt? if you do, go back to the store and say it never got put in the bag. it's very possible the guy who rang you up and bagged your order realized this and set it aside thinking you'd call or come back. worth a shot. i've worked retail before and forgotten to put stuff in people's bags and always set it aside for them, and even when i wasn't the one who forgot and a customer came in with the receipt claiming it was never in the bag i would always give them a replacement.

[quote name='angrynoisefly']do you still have the receipt? if you do, go back to the store and say it never got put in the bag. it's very possible the guy who rang you up and bagged your order realized this and set it aside thinking you'd call or come back. worth a shot. i've worked retail before and forgotten to put stuff in people's bags and always set it aside for them, and even when i wasn't the one who forgot and a customer came in with the receipt claiming it was never in the bag i would always give them a replacement.[/QUOTE]

he didnt forget to put the game in the bag i gave him 4 games to buy but he only ringed 3 not 4 and i use the coupon

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Maybe you should start checking everything before you leave the store?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he should stop being a dumb ass. Seriously, 3 times, all 3 times involved him and he still blames GS. Wow.

I'm gonna guess it happens to every store he shops at, not just GS.

I was lucky enough to access my power up account via my pre-paid android phone. With the code I got GoW saga. Sadly most copies had been gutted, but everything was in intact and got the best case available. Now I got something to tide me over until the Wii-U.

[quote name='starmask2k3']he didnt forget to put the game in the bag i gave him 4 games to buy but he only ringed 3 not 4 and i use the coupon[/QUOTE]

damn that sucks...
here's your best chance: look on the receipt to see the name of the person who rang you out. ask for this person when you go back to GameStop and try to explain the situation. Maybe they will do a manual override for you.

Got the coupon today too. Already ordered from site last week, so i'll have to think if I want to get Journey CE or not(already own Flow/Flower)

[quote name='starmask2k3']he didnt forget to put the game in the bag i gave him 4 games to buy but he only ringed 3 not 4 and i use the coupon[/QUOTE]

So you didn't notice not having the game or the total being $10 less than it should have been? ;)

I picked up Killzone Trilogy, God of War Saga, and Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus. Of course this was the only Gamestop to have a copy of all of them, and the only one not gutted was Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus which has no codes that could be used. Killzone voucher was fine, waiting for Killzone HD to install to the hard drive and then I'll make sure God of War code works.

bread's done
Back