Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doc_j88']I'm willing to send paypal $ for a coupon[/QUOTE]

What would you pay for the code? I have no interest in selling my code because if i don't use it i already know who i will pass it off too. I would hope people here would be generous if they got a code and have no intention of using it. Maybe Im too optimistic and naive but it should be the right thing to do.

[quote name='ULOOKUPTOME']What would you pay for the code? I have no interest in selling my code because if i don't use it i already know who i will pass it off too. I would hope people here would be generous if they got a code and have no intention of using it. Maybe Im too optimistic and naive but it should be the right thing to do.[/QUOTE]

I'd personally pay $10 PayPal Gift or Amazon Gift Card for a working coupon.

My only concern is that someone sends me a non-working coupon, so I may want to try it first. However, you can look at my feedback here to see that I'm an honest trader/seller/buyer. :)

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Got mine today, just wish it wasn't in store only.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I wish they would have just made it so any PowerUp Rewards members (I'm Pro, so I'd personally be happy with Pro only) could get the 50% off online (well, even in-store would make me happy, since I didn't get a coupon).

Anyone have a spare code that they can pm me ? I still havent gotten one yet and I would love to get the killzone collection with this :( I have some spare strategy guides too. I could send one your way in return

still nothing here. would be awesome to get one before i go pick up halo 4 in a couple hours.

anyone who's not going to use theirs if you want to give it to me that would be great :)

How is the stock on these collections? It seems like it would be all sold out by now. I'm afraid that if I ever do get a coupon it will be worthless...

Hows Ratchet and Clank. Never played it and thinking about getting that. Does it actually have a story or should I just get the latest one and ignore the collection.

[quote name='j.elles']Hows Ratchet and Clank. Never played it and thinking about getting that. Does it actually have a story or should I just get the latest one and ignore the collection.[/QUOTE]

Get all the ratchet and clanks period (ex r&c shitlocked). They are all amazing games !

[quote name='strait edge follower']Get all the ratchet and clanks period (ex r&c shitlocked). They are all amazing games ![/QUOTE]

This x100. R&C is one of my favorite series of all time. That and Sly Cooper. :D

Just PSA. If you got a coupon in your email, it is the same as in your account. So, if you used the one in your account, the one in the email will not work. I just had another CAG send me his email, but it didn't work, unfortunately. :(

Sweet deal, I'm having trouble choosing between Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter. I'm interested in both Platforming and shooters. However, I heard R&C kept it's playstyle exactly the same, so i feel like i might get bored with it--while Jak changes it up. Oh and J&D's ~130 trophies compared to R&C's 35 is making me lean toward Jak.

Any insight on choosing between both from someone who's played both series?

Gents, I wanted to mention that I was able to stack the facebook promo with the +50% extra tiv and 50% off sony hd promo.

Code is EBC3037626. Gets you +$10 when you trade in 3 thing worth more than $2 in credit. Employee gave me no problems at all when processing, seemed glad to be doing something other than telling Halo fans to stay in line haha.

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']Gents, I wanted to mention that I was able to stack the facebook promo with the +50% extra tiv and 50% off sony hd promo.

Code is EBC3037626. Gets you +$10 when you trade in 3 thing worth more than $2 in credit. Employee gave me no problems at all when processing, seemed glad to be doing something other than telling Halo fans to stay in line haha.[/QUOTE]
Didn't the Facebook promo end 11/4? GS is running their own 3/$10 until 11/18.

[quote name='Snuggelz']Sweet deal, I'm having trouble choosing between Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter. I'm interested in both Platforming and shooters.

Any insight on choosing between both from someone who's played both series?[/QUOTE]

Ratchet and Clank is probably the better choice overall. Their games tended to be a bit more consistent in quality and pacing. Jak and Daxter 2 is widely regarded as the worst/weakest in their respective series.

Although frankly, I would suggest picking up both collections. While the coupon is single-use, you can get as many of the collections as you please when you use it. And while I would rank Ratchet and Clank above Jak and Daxter, both series are still quite solid, and these high-def collections have been getting pretty solid reviews. With a 50% off coupon, you could acquire both collections for $30 or less. It's well worth it to get playable versions of these classic PS2 series in high definition.

I got the e-mail for my coupon yesterday, and have already printed it out. The next time I go by one of my local GameStops I'm going to use it. The Journey collection is my must-buy title, but I'm sorely tempted to pick up the Ratchet and Clank/Jak and Daxter collections as well.

I'm a little torn on the Killzone collection. I don't have any of the Killzone games, so its a great value, but I'm not sure if its really worth it.

I got a code in email. starts with EBC, I went to a store, the cashier entered it, but he said it did not work because I am not a pro member. Is it true that I have to be pro member?

Thanks

[quote name='foxhunt99']I got a code in email. starts with EBC, I went to a store, the cashier entered it, but he said it did not work because I am not a pro member. Is it true that I have to be pro member?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

i think so...if it doesn't work for you would you mind PMing it to me? XD

Id probably get the Resistance trilogy if that was already out and included in this, but I really didn't like Killzone when I played it on the ps2. So i'm not sure about that one.

One of the better games I played on the ps2 that never got a sequel was Psi-Ops. Game as fun.

[quote name='hiljay']i think so...if it doesn't work for you would you mind PMing it to me? XD[/QUOTE]

No where on the coupon or the site does it say you need to be pro. I haven't attempted to use mine yet, but I'm just a Power Up Rewards (Black Card) holder. I haven't payed to go pro. I'll keep you updated on its effectiveness.

my pro acct expired in may. my code worked just fine.

[quote name='foxhunt99']I got a code in email. starts with EBC, I went to a store, the cashier entered it, but he said it did not work because I am not a pro member. Is it true that I have to be pro member?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Richard Kain']Ratchet and Clank is probably the better choice overall. Their games tended to be a bit more consistent in quality and pacing. Jak and Daxter 2 is widely regarded as the worst/weakest in their respective series.

Although frankly, I would suggest picking up both collections. While the coupon is single-use, you can get as many of the collections as you please when you use it. And while I would rank Ratchet and Clank above Jak and Daxter, both series are still quite solid, and these high-def collections have been getting pretty solid reviews. With a 50% off coupon, you could acquire both collections for $30 or less. It's well worth it to get playable versions of these classic PS2 series in high definition.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your insight. However, I don't plan on spending more than $5 on either title--since I'll be combining it with the +50% Trade in bonus for this. In terms of storyline, would you say that Jak and Daxter 2 can hold its own despite the weak aspects of gameplay?

I got my coupon yesterday. I went to the GS by work and they only had the opened "new" copies. This time I didn't care as no other GS showed them in stock. Luckily the codes all worked or I would raised hell on the manager who sold them to me. I got GoW Saga, Killzone Trilogy and Infamous collection.

[quote name='Snuggelz']Sweet deal, I'm having trouble choosing between Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter. I'm interested in both Platforming and shooters. However, I heard R&C kept it's playstyle exactly the same, so i feel like i might get bored with it--while Jak changes it up. Oh and J&D's ~130 trophies compared to R&C's 35 is making me lean toward Jak.

Any insight on choosing between both from someone who's played both series?[/QUOTE]

It really comes down to do you want a more linear platform shooter franchise or a more open world type franchise. Ratchet and Clank is more linear. Jak 2 and 3 tried to be more GTA clone type games with some platforming and shooting elements. They both take place in the same world, so 3 seems like an expansion pack to 2 to me. Jak 1 was not even a shooter at all if I recall and is the most pure platform game of the ones on both disks.

Due to the differences in weapons and the upgrades they have in the Ratchet and Clank games, I would argue that it has more varied gameplay across the 3 games. With that said, Jak 1 is night and day different from 2 and 3 (however those are all but identical).

Got the coupon this morning and went to a local GS which had the four I was interested in.

Uncharted did not ring up on sale.
Infamous was $15, Journey was $15, and Killzone was $20. The copy of Journey was the only one in the store so it was open and on the shelf but the others were new.

As an aside, I traded in my copy of Infamous 2 that I got at Sears for $10 a couple of weeks ago. I got $9 base + 4.50 from the coupon + 90c from PUC so I got $14.40 in trade towards the $14.99 Infamous collection. If you have the odd scenario that I did where I have Infamous 2 but not 1, you can pick up 1 and the DLC for 50c, in essence.

EDIT: Store in Pearland, TX (east of 288 on Broadway)

SI

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']You kidding me ? Jak 2 is the best !!!!![/QUOTE]
I thought it was the worst and completely turned me off from the series. Loved Jak 1 but hated how they tried to infuse GTA into it. I didnt even bother with Jak 3 bc of it.

[quote name='kart007k']Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

UPDATE:

SONY50 is the code to get the savings online. Have fun.[/QUOTE]

If GOW 3 was mad cheap I would honestly just have gotten 3 and Origins, as I already own 1&2 on both ps2 (barely played, then when I got a seasonal job at TRU one year I picked up the other collection at $40 then)... I just disagree with them being DLC games and i'd want physical ones that could be resold when done. And to answer my earlier question in here, I just received my code today even being a free member, so now i really have to think. I already have J&D I got for free redeeming points from Sony Playstation/Capital one at about a $20 price point.

[quote name='sterlingice']Got the coupon this morning and went to a local GS which had the four I was interested in.

Uncharted did not ring up on sale.
Infamous was $15, Journey was $15, and Killzone was $20. The copy of Journey was the only one in the store so it was open and on the shelf but the others were new.

As an aside, I traded in my copy of Infamous 2 that I got at Sears for $10 a couple of weeks ago. I got $9 base + 4.50 from the coupon + 90c from PUC so I got $14.40 in trade towards the $14.99 Infamous collection. If you have the odd scenario that I did where I have Infamous 2 but not 1, you can pick up 1 and the DLC for 50c, in essence.

SI[/QUOTE]

:applause: You, sir, Are a gentleman and a scholar.

[quote name='Snuggelz']:applause: You, sir, Are a gentleman and a scholar.[/QUOTE]

I am not entirely sure what for but I will take a generous complement directed my way and thank you for giving it :)

SI

Heh, I got another email with another code this morning. Will probably use it on more copies for gifts as well as possibly try for some more of the controller combo packs with these games...

[quote name='karkyco']Heh, I got another email with another code this morning. Will probably use it on more copies for gifts as well as possibly try for some more of the controller combo packs with these games...[/QUOTE]

i really should stop coming to this thread. it only leads me to be sadder that people are getting two codes and i have yet to receive one.

I tried to use the coupon from my phone and it kept coming back as invalid. Was very odd. Going to try and print out the coupon from the website and go back.

I didn't get an email, but I checked my active offers on my account and found my coupon just sitting there. I used it to get Sotc/Ico, Jak, and Ratchet. The girl at the store asked if I wanted my coupon back in case I wanted to use it again for other titles while the sale lasts, so I'm guessing the coupon is not a one time use thing?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Still nothing for me as well[/QUOTE]
Daz, PM me on 11/12, if I haven't used it or sold it by then, you can have mine which expires on 11/14.

(tried to tell you through PM but your inbox is full)

To everyone who didn't get the offer, forget Gamestop. Find the coupon scan someone posted early on (sorry, I don't remember which page) and price match at Best Buy. Tried at two different locations, got the deal on multiple games, and they even let me keep the coupon after.

[quote name='Ironlocke']I didn't get an email, but I checked my active offers on my account and found my coupon just sitting there. I used it to get Sotc/Ico, Jak, and Ratchet. The girl at the store asked if I wanted my coupon back in case I wanted to use it again for other titles while the sale lasts, so I'm guessing the coupon is not a one time use thing?[/QUOTE]

The code is unique and only works once

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']The code is unique and only works once[/QUOTE]

yup coupon in active offers and e-mail are the same!

[quote name='Squigley']To everyone who didn't get the offer, forget Gamestop. Find the coupon scan someone posted early on (sorry, I don't remember which page) and price match at Best Buy. Tried at two different locations, got the deal on multiple games, and they even let me keep the coupon after.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's probably the best bet at this point - to print out or open on your phone the GameStop page with this promo, as welll as the coupon that was posted early in this thread. Most gamestops have been wiped out of their copies at this point or have gutted copies at best by now, at least that's what I've observed in the stores I've visited as well as looking at the inventory checker for the games. Almost all locations that still show up as having these indicate they are low stock, which usually means gutted.

bread's done
Back