Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Airplanespin']My coupon showed up last week. I bought Journey, which was the last one in the store, so it was opened. Since the game is installable, I figure I'll just return it and grab another instead.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't work like that. It installs it to make it quicker, but you need the disc in to play ANY of the games on the disk.

So how does this coupon thing work? Do free members get it? Luckily my Gamestop opened up after the hurricane. Were even luckier to have a generator and a PS3 to hook up. If this isnt for free member can someone who already owns the collections spare me a coupon? My little brother would love the ratchet and clank collection or the god of war saga

[quote name='Airplanespin']My coupon showed up last week. I bought Journey, which was the last one in the store, so it was opened. Since the game is installable, I figure I'll just return it and grab another instead.[/QUOTE]

They require the disc still, just to prevent people from doing what your talking about.

I just PMed at BB I got everything but Jak (already have it) and an extra copy of god of war collection as a christmas gift. They brought a manger and I had to show him a copy of one of the email coupons (grabbed off google saved to my photo file on my phone), a saved banner, and the actual web page. All and all it took about 20 minutes or so because of all the price adjustments, but DH will be happy when he gets home!

Of course it could help that I am 30, female, and had a 2 year old child with me. I find I often get things price matched that my husband can't just because I'm a woman. Women wouldn't manipulate video game deals since they don't play games right? lol I play more than DH.

[quote name='auralia']I just PMed at BB I got everything but Jak (already have it) and an extra copy of god of war collection as a christmas gift. They brought a manger and I had to show him a copy of one of the email coupons (grabbed off google saved to my photo file on my phone), a saved banner, and the actual web page. All and all it took about 20 minutes or so because of all the price adjustments, but DH will be happy when he gets home!

Of course it could help that I am 30, female, and had a 2 year old child with me. I find I often get things price matched that my husband can't just because I'm a woman. Women wouldn't manipulate video game deals since they don't play games right? lol I play more than DH.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, I find having my kids with me increases my success rate. Though I'm a father and not a mother, I think your combo works for sure

I already used the one in my rewards account for GoW and Infamous, this was sent to me via email so first come first served. I don't need it
EBC3037593-P0V15KL1

[quote name='phoenixlau']Since you were there anyway, why didn't you trade in Infamous 1 and 2 for Infamous Collection in the same transaction (or if you prefer Best Buy credit, Infamous 1 to BBY and Infamous 2 to Gamestop)? Infamous 2 TIV held at $9 today, Infamous 1 might still be $4, so that's $19.50 after bonus at least.[/QUOTE]

I'm a collector. I NEVER trade in games. I would buy a redundant collector's edition before I even considered trading in a game I already own.

For reference, I already own all three of the Ratchet and Clank games for the PS2, yet I still purchased the Ratchet and Clank collection. And I'm going to keep all of them. For me, it's not just about always having one playable copy. I like having an original copy, as well as a high-res playable version.

The same is true for the Infamous games. I got those titles brand-new for really good prices. They are the original copies of the games complete with boxes, instruction manuals, and inserts. On top of all that, Infamous is a really good series. I'm never trading those.

[quote name='Koopa22']I already used the one in my rewards account for GoW and Infamous, this was sent to me via email so first come first served. I don't need it[/QUOTE]

I believe they are the same. I compared the PDF file I download from my PUR account to the email I received later and it was identical.

I am not a PUR member so I decided to try to get a PM with the coupon I bought.

BB: "We will price match if you join our premium game club for 15 then we'll have to verify which games are on sale"

Target: "We don't price match percentage off only exact prices."

So I went to GS and got a PUR card but the card won't activate. This is getting to be more trouble then it's worth.

[quote name='aus_nacht']I am not a PUR member so I decided to try to get a PM with the coupon I bought.

BB: "We will price match if you join our premium game club for 15 then we'll have to verify which games are on sale"

Target: "We don't price match percentage off only exact prices."

So I went to GS and got a PUR card but the card won't activate. This is getting to be more trouble then it's worth.[/QUOTE]

The whole "don't match percentages" is a lie. Just do the math... 50% off $40 is $20. There's your exact price.

[quote name='barrit']I believe they are the same. I compared the PDF file I download from my PUR account to the email I received later and it was identical.[/QUOTE]

My bad if anyone tried using it. I had no idea.

I didn't even think to look.

[quote name='auralia']I just PMed at BB I got everything but Jak (already have it) and an extra copy of god of war collection as a christmas gift. They brought a manger and I had to show him a copy of one of the email coupons (grabbed off google saved to my photo file on my phone), a saved banner, and the actual web page. All and all it took about 20 minutes or so because of all the price adjustments, but DH will be happy when he gets home!

Of course it could help that I am 30, female, and had a 2 year old child with me. I find I often get things price matched that my husband can't just because I'm a woman. Women wouldn't manipulate video game deals since they don't play games right? lol I play more than DH.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I need to send in my wife with the kiddies if and when I get denied...

[quote name='Romeo']The whole "don't match percentages" is a lie. Just do the math... 50% off $40 is $20. There's your exact price.[/QUOTE]

Math is hard. *dryly* I even showed them that the prices are on the ad on the website.

CS said I have to wait 24 hours for the PUR card to activate. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I can get the games with my free membership.

[quote name='strait edge follower']STILL NO COUPON !!!!!! Why is everyone else getting this thing ????????????????[/QUOTE]

i know that feel bro.

[quote name='legendarydogs']So how does price matching this work at best buy? just show them the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I just showed them the printout today and they gave me the match. They just manually calculated the 50% and put that amount in the system as the price match. It worked great. My only problem was that they only had two of the items I wanted in stock. I may try another Best Buy soon.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I just showed them the printout today and they gave me the match. They just manually calculated the 50% and put that amount in the system as the price match. It worked great. My only problem was that they only had two of the items I wanted in stock. I may try another Best Buy soon.[/QUOTE]

Did you show them the printout of Gamestop's website that shows the sale or a printout of the coupon?

[quote name='arbryant1']Did you show them the printout of Gamestop's website that shows the sale or a printout of the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get a coupon yet. I am still going on the assumption that it is just delayed since more and more people seem to see them trickling in. I just showed them the printout of the website (there is a few posts with the link in this thread). I was afraid they would ask me for the coupon, but they didn't seem to care and were pretty happy to do it. I have had a lot of luck at Best Buy where others haven't so i'm sure it's all very YMMV. The transaction did need a manager's override. I'm not sure if that is because the cashier was new (she definitely was) or if it is always that way. A common tip I see here (that I agree with) is always go to the regular cashier and stay away from the game department people for price matches and coupons.

[quote name='soonerdoc']Sorry it is tough to look through 100+ pages. Is the offer still active online? I have the coupon in my PUR active offers. When I go to the website and put the games in cart and try to check out, I put in my PUR number and the code SONY50 and it says code is not valid.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry to ask again but haven't seen a confirmation. Is this no longer available online?

I'm about to swing by Best Buy and attempt a price match. I'll try to find a male cashier who looks extremely bored or a female cashier who looks like she could be charmed into helping out. I will report back with my results.

[quote name='arbryant1']I'm about to swing by Best Buy and attempt a price match. I'll try to find a male cashier who looks extremely bored or a female cashier who looks like she could be charmed into helping out. I will report back with my results.[/QUOTE]
Or you could try it the other way around. ;)

[quote name='soonerdoc']Sorry to ask again but haven't seen a confirmation. Is this no longer available online?[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't work online for me, but I never got a coupon either. The webpage for the deal says in-store only. This whole ordeal has been so convoluted that I don't know what the true deal was supposed to be. Gamestop really should be ashamed for how they handled this (or still are handling this). Especially since I have seen this deal mentioned as "news" on sites like IGN and Joystiq. It's not like it's only a few people on a few "deal" sites who know about it. Now that it is so public, they should make it open to anyone who is a rewards member - coupon or not.

[quote name='arbryant1']I'm about to swing by Best Buy and attempt a price match. I'll try to find a male cashier who looks extremely bored or a female cashier who looks like she could be charmed into helping out. I will report back with my results.[/QUOTE]

If you come back with a phone number but no price match, will that be a success or a failure? Your answer will say a lot about you. Answer carefully. Fellow gamers are judging you...

[quote name='WNYX585AM']If you come back with a phone number but no price match, will that be a success or a failure? Your answer will say a lot about you. Answer carefully. Fellow gamers are judging you...[/QUOTE]
Success any day of the week, any deal. Why? because it could lead to much better quality gameplay hours than whatever games you were going to buy. haha

Nothing gets a lady going like a guy price matching video games.

[quote name='strait edge follower']To get the woman casheer goin just swipe your gamer unlocked card in between her tits, that will turn her on and you will get the price match ;)[/QUOTE]

lol That's usually what I do... wut?

But seriously, I'm thinking about hitting GS later to get Max Payne 3 SE, might have to look into this as well.

[quote name='strait edge follower']To get the woman casheer goin just swipe your gamer unlocked card in between her tits, that will turn her on and you will get the price match ;)[/QUOTE]So...What do girl gamers do with the guy cashiers?

finally got my coupon last night, picked up KZ, UC, Infamous, ICO, & GOW collections all new and sealed. now to wait for the BF deals to begin.

YASSSSSS!!!!!!! Girlllllll POWAHHHHHH!!!!!! I, just, kinda stand there and look lost!:lol: Lmfao! BB price matched the $112.49 PS3 Display deal for me from Kmart and I took Kmart's back to their store.

The Best Buy Price Match Attempt of 2012 was a swing and a miss. Initially, it appeared it was going to be a success. I grabbed copies of Ico/Shadow and the R&C Collection and went to the cashier. Handed her a copy of this page:

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

and asked if she could price match. She checked to make sure the two games were on the list and once she confirmed it she scanned in the games and tried to figure out how to take 50% off. Unfortunately, she had to get a manager override.

That's when things began to unravel.

When she returned with the manager, the manager said she was waiting to hear back from her supervisor due to the fact that Gamestop's sale included the coupon. Sure enough, the supervisor said they couldn't do it because Gamestop required their own coupon to get the deal and they couldn't match that.

I doffed my cap and thanked them kindly. One of the ladies asked if it would be OK if they still watched me walk away. "No ma'am," I replied, "That privilege only comes with a price match."

Though this little trip ended in disappointment for me - as well as a cashier and her manager - I like to think they'll have at least learned a little life lesson today.

I already received my copy of God of War saga from using the Sony50 code. So if anyone wants to use my coupon, they can.

Edit: I sent it to arbryant1.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mewman13']Here is both the banner and the coupon
RasOa.png

NoXeU.png
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help and bumping this up.

[quote name='Jehryn']Aren't the coupons one time use only? How would that picture work once they scan the bar code?[/QUOTE]

It's just to take to BB so they can PM.

GameStop wouldn't give me 50% off Uncharted. Even though it's on their site, it's not on the coupon. Don't know why there is a discrepancy, but I was bummed. I still picked up God of War, Infamous, and Ico, but they were out of Journey, and I didn't get the deal on Uncharted.

I also had no luck with getting the Uncharted collection with this deal. No biggie for me. I nabbed Journey and Jak.

I also noticed that Journey has a 30 day PS+ trial. I'm already a member, but would this trial stack? Sorry if this has been asked a million times already. Here goes 1,000,001.

Took those pictures to BB and they price matched Ratchet n Clank and SotC/Ico

I also got them to use the coupon on an order of Jak n Daxter :D

3 games - $30 bucks (had a $5 coupon)

[quote name='ponn01']just got my god of war saga from the website. no 30 day plus trial code :([/QUOTE]
It has been known that Gamestop has taken the code out and resealed the game, but the controller bundle still has the code I recently bought it.
what you can do is email SCEA support and provide proof of purchase and they will email you the code.
[quote name='jiggyteddy']I also had no luck with getting the Uncharted collection with this deal. No biggie for me. I nabbed Journey and Jak.

I also noticed that Journey has a 30 day PS+ trial. I'm already a member, but would this trial stack? Sorry if this has been asked a million times already. Here goes 1,000,001.[/QUOTE]
It stacks

[quote name='xenozfan2']Does anyone know if they will start doing this in store without a coupon? Still have not gotten one and it makes me sick.[/QUOTE]

I highly suggest trying best buy, just show them the coupon that was posted a page back.

bread's done
Back