GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='momouchi']New games DO NOT apply to the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

thanks. will head out later to pick up bionic commando then.

I just dont get why they gutt games. I can see that they need a case for the "new" shelf wall but to gut multiple copies just does not make sense. They have all the new games behind the counter anyways why is there a need for them to open up all the copies and put them in sleeves.

I remember getting a game as a gift that was one of the "new" gutted copies and the disc was scratched up. I brought it in to get a refund and they said that I could not get a refund (they had no sealed copies). They said that becuase I opened it I could not get a refund. Rediculous. I did not shop at GS for a while and still try to stay away at all costs. Hopefully it will pop up online so that I can PM at Best Buy or Walmart (much closer).

EDIT: Anyone check on the MGS4 LE yet? 2 stores by me say they have them via online checking

My store had Bionic Commando, and Wheelman. Too bad I don't need those games or it would be an instant purchase @ $20.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Anyone Check to see if the Endwar Headset Bundle is ringing up for $19.99 as well ???

:applause:[/QUOTE]

Guy I talked to said it was $60 but I didn't have him scan it. Scored BC, Hawx and Wheelman for the PS3.

Can we please keep the Gutting Debate out of this thread, most of us know they gut games and most of us know why. If you don't like it don't shop there.

clearshim.gif
[SIZE=-1]Deadly Creatures for $20 is just the right price for me. Been wanting this game since I read a preview about it in Nintendo Power a while back.
[/SIZE]

gut or not, bionic commando for 20 new is a steal (haven't played it yet), but you probably won't find that anywhere else, not even used for that price.

Went to a GS in Dallas. Manager said he had copies of BC in the back but couldn't sell one to me because of an "e-mail" he received about a price drop. Left empty-handed. Reminds me of why I usually avoid GS.

[quote name='Chocolatejas']Guy I talked to said it was $60 but I didn't have him scan it. Scored BC, Hawx and Wheelman for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Store I called said the MGS4:LE was $59.99 and the Endwar Bundle was still $89.99 and he looked them up in the computer so thats that.... dont really know if anything would be different if scanned but this guy that checked is legit enough to not pull the its $59.99 on the sticker blah blah stuff..

The MLB is the 2k sports title. Sorry if I was not more clear. One of the big disadvantages of trying to type long messages from the iPhone :).

Wheelman is okay. I picked it up for $9.98 at target and while I have enjoyed it in small doses I still do not know if I could recommend it.

The endwar bundle was not on sale on my GS. Only the stand alone game was $20. Some best buys still have the endwar bundle for both systems priced at $40 or less.

I called my local stores (Parkersburg, WV) about Bionic Commando and it still scanned at $59.99 at both stores. Looks like BC remains on my "rental" list.

Grabbed the last BC for 360 from Doc Stone Commons; was gutted but I already accepted a trade on Goozex for 1000 points. Have 3 days to beat it.

Only games I can remember from the list that I haven't seen mentioned are Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3) for 19.99 and Madden 09 Collector's Edition for 29.99. Rumors of 200 price drops were grossly exaggerated. It was slightly over a page long.

I was able to talk a BB manager into giving me the 360 Endwar bundle for $30 a few weeks ago (Minnetonka, MN store), worth a shot, especially if you're purchasing a few other items as well.

Picked up Wheelman(gutted, but a pristine case), Bionic Commando, and Prince of Persia, all 360. Didn't see anything on the list they had that has not been mentioned, but didn't look at anything besides 360.

The clerk said that if a store has the POP LE in stock it should be the same price as they both have the same SKU or UPC.

Oh how I love The CAG!

[quote name='benjamouth']Can we please keep the Gutting Debate out of this thread, most of us know they gut games and most of us know why. If you don't like it don't shop there.[/QUOTE]

I dont really have a problem with gutted copies but I can see why. Its a bit obsurd when you think about how its done. I bought gutted copies at the last sale and didn't think twice. As long as it works, I'm fine.

Although I did have a problem when i picked up my preorder of MLB09:the show. I was givena gutted copy and told him i wanted another one, no problem and gave me a sealed one.

[quote name='skulls dont fade']what do they do when the "gut" the game? just open it to prevent flipping?[/QUOTE]

They open them, they put NEW stickers on the case and directly on the insert in the case, which are a bitch to remove and look like ass if you don't. Sometimes the discs don't even look new, they're scratched and they slip them into sleeves just like the used games. I swear they take returned copies and resell them as new.

[quote name='arizonapete']Went to a GS in Dallas. Manager said he had copies of BC in the back but couldn't sell one to me because of an "e-mail" he received about a price drop. Left empty-handed. Reminds me of why I usually avoid GS.[/QUOTE]Heh, which one was it?

[quote name='devil_blog_dracula']I called my local stores (Parkersburg, WV) about Bionic Commando and it still scanned at $59.99 at both stores. Looks like BC remains on my "rental" list.[/QUOTE]

$5 says they did not scan it. Just paused and said the price that they knew. I would call a different store or stop by when you are in the area.

[quote name='hollowfreak']They open them, they put NEW stickers on the case and directly on the insert in the case, which are a bitch to remove and look like ass if you don't. Sometimes the discs don't even look new, they're scratched and they slip them into sleeves just like the used games. I swear they take returned copies and resell them as new.[/QUOTE]

The employees are allowed to borrow games as part of their benefits. Sometimes they'll take the gutted games if there aren't any used copies of a game in yet. They aren't supposed to, but it happens a lot.

So this is live now? I'm in CST so my gamestops are open now. Also anything I'm missing on the list of games? Someone said something about a manager printing out one. If they're all in a bin or something I'd be happy to go take notes on what's there, but yeah. Any info on how this sale is organized?

[quote name='hobbie8046']Didn't know that, but am glad to hear it. :applause:[/QUOTE]

your kidding right, what about the car salesman that drive home the cars and then still sell them as new, no difference

Grabbed BC and Hawx for 360 both sealed. Also saw a lot of the other games on the list plus Damnation was there for 360 for $19.99 at my local GS.

[quote name='VintageBullet']Just picked up BC and Hawx from the GS in Germantown, WI. Great deals, wanted both these games for a while.[/QUOTE]

Wow when did they open a GS out there?

ER Doh answered my own question I forget that one off County line RD is G-Town lol damn counties divided by a street....

I know its a hot topic and I hope this doesn't open the thread into a trash session, but the practice of employees opening a game and testing it has been a LOOOONG tradition that goes back even to when I worked in a Babbages back in 1994.

Cars you buy have been test driven, clothes you have bought have been tried on in the store, it's been happening all over sales groups everywhere and I guarantee it won't permanently stop there if at all. I can't stress enough that if you get one that looks like it has been opened DON'T BUY IT.

Typically the companies don't mind it because it allows an employee (which is really a salesman/woman) to try the game and talk to it easier. I for one trust hands on over a website's bought reviews.

Anyway..... I'm off to go pick up a Bionic Commando. I think $20 is a decent price for it. I'm surprised I'm buying it at $20 before Target has it on clearance.

Is Oblivion GOTY worth the $20? Can this be picked up and played in short spurts, or do you need to put in 2 hours each sitting to get somewhere?

[quote name='Hockey37']Is Oblivion GOTY worth the $20? Can this be picked up and played in short spurts, or do you need to put in 2 hours each sitting to get somewhere?[/QUOTE]

I played it short bursts, but I would also go for a few hours.

$20 is a steal for goty, too bad its only ps3 though.

just got Sonic Unleasedh (19.99) + Bionic Comando (19.99)
North Miami Biach Gamestop

hope the recession continues... !!!!!!

[quote name='Hockey37']Is Oblivion GOTY worth the $20? Can this be picked up and played in short spurts, or do you need to put in 2 hours each sitting to get somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is absolutely worth it.

I think longer sessions are better, but I suppose you could play a little here and there. You can save just about anywhere, although most quests will take a couple hours.

[quote name='arcurifisher']your kidding right, what about the car salesman that drive home the cars and then still sell them as new, no difference[/QUOTE]

Ah, but there is a difference. When you buy a car your sales contract says that the car may have been used for numerous reasons. Although please, lets not hijack another thread with the gutted debate. I will end my part here.

just picked up Star Wars Force Unleashed, BC, and Prince of Persia all for 20 bucks, all xbox 360, Huntington Wv, pullman square GS

I went up there at 10 this morning and picked up Bionic Commando, Prince of Persia: LE, Mirror's Edge (used), Henry Hatsworth (shelf copy already open), Broken Sword (shelf copy also). Thank you original poster. Bionic commando and Prince of persia were not already gutted, so I hope everyone else has the same luck.

Fallout 3 > Oblivion

they both still rock though... I wasted over 100 hours on Fallout 3 and I still have not seen half of the stuff in the game.

bread's done
Back