Gamestop: The Dark Spire $9.99 New, $8.99 Used - B&M

[quote name='eau']Atlus' recent premium boxed DS games are not shrinkwrapped but factory sealed with round transparent stickers like those that are used on some software retail packages. The DS game inside the premium box is factory sealed like regular DS games as well. The soundtrack CD (in a sleeve) is not sealed IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for the info! Yeah, my mistake - I saw the gamestop price sticker and assumed gutted display copy. I thought the round stickers were slapped on by some gamestop employee trying to reseal it...

Thanks for the heads-up on this one. I'm another huge Wizardry fan and I've had my eye on this one for a while now. The price drop just sealed it for me so I picked it up over the weekend. I'm glad to see a lot of folks buying it. We need to support games such as this for the DS.

I had no trouble at my local Gamestop. They gave me a sealed copy that had the game box and CD inside. Then again I've never had problems with my Gamestop, so I count myself lucky.

OK, well, I found an actual new, sealed copy of The Dark Spire at a Gamestop around work today. Does anyone know what Gamestop's policy would be RE: returning the other gutted "new" copy I bought from them a few days ago? They didn't even "re-seal" it with a clear plastic sticker (as they did with a couple of the games I bought fromt he recent Game Days sale).

[quote name='ghostmedicine']OK, well, I found an actual new, sealed copy of The Dark Spire at a Gamestop around work today. Does anyone know what Gamestop's policy would be RE: returning the other gutted "new" copy I bought from them a few days ago? They didn't even "re-seal" it with a clear plastic sticker (as they did with a couple of the games I bought fromt he recent Game Days sale).[/QUOTE]

Youre gonna have to make a case they forgot to seal it then. Cause normally they put the seal on and say if the seal is removed, you cant return it for a refund since its "new" and you removed the seal, so now its not. Hopefully the employees at your store arent assholes and theyll just do it for you. But they may give you a hard time since the person didnt seal it for you.

[quote name='Squarehard']Youre gonna have to make a case they forgot to seal it then. Cause normally they put the seal on and say if the seal is removed, you cant return it for a refund since its "new" and you removed the seal, so now its not. Hopefully the employees at your store arent assholes and theyll just do it for you. But they may give you a hard time since the person didnt seal it for you.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's pretty much how I thought it would go. I think I'd rather spare myself that potential scenario and just pass it along to someone else, either as a gift or eBay, etc. Thanks for your input.

GDMFSOB! I just bought it new at GS for $19.99. I figured with the soundtrack and outer box it wouldn't drop so fast. I wonder if I should keep my receipts and try to get a credit when the price changes so soon after I buy something new. Eh, that would be futile, I buy new stuff from Gamestop maybe twice a year.

[quote name='ianoid']GDMFSOB! I just bought it new at GS for $19.99. I figured with the soundtrack and outer box it wouldn't drop so fast. I wonder if I should keep my receipts and try to get a credit when the price changes so soon after I buy something new. Eh, that would be futile, I buy new stuff from Gamestop maybe twice a year.[/QUOTE]

If it is still unopened, you can return new unopened merchandise back to Gamestop within 30 days. Then you can just repurchase it again for that price, so no biggie. But if you did open, then they gonna give you trouble ;P.

[quote name='Squarehard']If it is still unopened, you can return new unopened merchandise back to Gamestop within 30 days. Then you can just repurchase it again for that price, so no biggie. But if you did open, then they gonna give you trouble ;P.[/QUOTE]

Depending on the employee, you don't even need to physically return it in my experience, the employee will just credit you back the amount with just the receipt, same as any other store.

On their end, I think they are doing a return / rebuy but on your end, you just really need the receipt (but I'd bring the game just in case, I've never needed it). So even if you did open it, if you get a nice employee they won't ever need to see the game. They haven't when I've got games adjusted, like Bionic Commando just recently (which I had already opened when I got my adjustment.. just don't tell them it's open, obviously :p). It's YMMV on the employee but I doubt you will find a GS employee who won't give you $10 back if you explain it nicely and go at a time when they are not busy.

[quote name='Roufuss']Depending on the employee, you don't even need to physically return it in my experience, the employee will just credit you back the amount with just the receipt, same as any other store.

On their end, I think they are doing a return / rebuy but on your end, you just really need the receipt (but I'd bring the game just in case, I've never needed it). So even if you did open it, if you get a nice employee they won't ever need to see the game. They haven't when I've got games adjusted, like Bionic Commando just recently (which I had already opened when I got my adjustment.. just don't tell them it's open, obviously :p). It's YMMV on the employee but I doubt you will find a GS employee who won't give you $10 back if you explain it nicely and go at a time when they are not busy.[/QUOTE]

Its kind of like the other guy who wanted to return his game he got gutted but the employee didnt reseal it for them. Its gonna be YMMV on that one too. My stores will do it for me since I go there all the time, but itll vary like you said, on which employee you get and at which store. My stores are pretty strict, and I've seen them turn down customers all the time since its been opened, but I've never had a problem with it, so can't complain myself. But doesn't work for everyone. Just making sure he knows its easier to do it if its still sealed so he wont even have to worry about running into any issues since Gamestop technically doesn't have a price guarantee policy.

i got a brand new sealed copy! there was a display box that still had the soundtrack left but it was so beat up. i don't know what people do to these - looked like it was thrown around and stepped on

bread's done
Back