Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

AJRogers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Trade in two games from the list on this flyer, and get a new game from the list for $19.99 or $9.99

Gamestop is extending the Deal, posted by JohnLa101
[quote name='JohnLa101']Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.[/quote]

Extended Deal - Expires 11/23

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/23/08
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541265.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/23/08

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541266.jpg

Old Deal Ending 11/02

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Games.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Gamelist.jpg

I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75 - No deal, not on list

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ninjazn']I apologize if this has been answered, but can 2 of the same titles be traded in? For example trading in 2 copies of Madden 09 for Xbox 360?

Also 2nd question, if I trade in 2 Xbox 360 games, can I get the $19.99 game for the PS3?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

YMMV on the 1st question.

As for the second question, yes.

[quote name='Ninjazn']I apologize if this has been answered, but can 2 of the same titles be traded in? For example trading in 2 copies of Madden 09 for Xbox 360?

Also 2nd question, if I trade in 2 Xbox 360 games, can I get the $19.99 game for the PS3?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I got turned away on your first question. My GS employee said they NEVER allow you to trade in 2 of the same games, deal or not.

[quote name='zegolf']I got turned away on your first question. My GS employee said they NEVER allow you to trade in 2 of the same games, deal or not.[/quote]

Many people got the same response. Under rare instances, some CAGs did get away with it after a manager override to the system.

I have 2 copies of Bully but I split them and used them during different transactions.

Ah, okay. I saw Facebreaker for PS3 at Target clearance for $14, and GRID for Xbox 360 for $12, if I pick up both it would be $28.83 after tax. Then trade both in at Gamestop and pay the extra $19.99 for COD:WAW. Basically it would be like paying ~$48/$49 for COD:WAW.

Is it worth it? I'd also have to drive from Target to GS.

I had done this deal 4 times to get Wii Play for the 4 remotes cheaper than you can buy the remotes new. Then I regained my memory post brain-fart and remembered that I only need 3 since the console came with one. I went to GameStop to return the unopened Wii Play with the original receipt and got major static. First the kid tried to tell me that I could not return it at all. Then he told me I'd have to return it to the same location I purchased it, and they'd have to give me my trades back if they still had them. He was calling all of these different managers trying to figure out how to do his job. Finally, I asked him if I could just trade it for another title in the deal in which I got Animal Crossing -- which he did relunctantly because "it makes sense, but I don't know".

So then I went around to the other side of the mall where another GameStop was located and returned Animal Crossing for my full refund. So rediculous when it could have been done in one simple transaction rather than two complicated ones. The customer loses out, but the company ends up eating the cost on labor and reduced customer service.

I know they would laugh their rears off if they saw me applying for a position, but I think I could make a huge difference and an operations manager and/or analyst -- and I'm not talking about managing a B&M. I've seen so many holes in their operations, it drives me wild with annoyance and frustration.

[quote name='Ninjazn']Ah, okay. I saw Facebreaker for PS3 at Target clearance for $14, and GRID for Xbox 360 for $12, if I pick up both it would be $28.83 after tax. Then trade both in at Gamestop and pay the extra $19.99 for COD:WAW. Basically it would be like paying ~$48/$49 for COD:WAW.

Is it worth it? I'd also have to drive from Target to GS.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I say "yes" is that I played the crap out of GRID, enjoyed it & got a bunch of Achievements to boot!:) I picked up Facebreaker specifically to flip (I do not have a :ps3:).

Also, I have a bunch of credit at Gamestop & the stores are not THAT far away from each other.

If you REALLY want COD:WAW... Like I really wanted Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead & soon to get GOW2. ;)

[quote name='Siberkat']The only reason I say "yes" is that I played the crap out of GRID, enjoyed it & got a bunch of Achievements to boot!:) I picked up Facebreaker specifically to flip (I do not have a :ps3:).

Also, I have a bunch of credit at Gamestop & the stores are not THAT far away from each other.

If you REALLY want COD:WAW... Like I really wanted Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead & soon to get GOW2. ;)[/quote]

I'll head on down to my local Target after my classes are over. I'm hoping I can find 2 Wii games that are eligible to be traded in and are less than $12 so I can trade them in and get COD:WAW for Xbox 360 for even less. :D

[quote name='TMNT770']does the game have to be complete with cover and manual to be able to trade ?[/quote]No, I traded in two that were disc only in a generic blank case.

haha yeahh....
they never did put up advertisement or anything..
soo yeahh my big bro found this..
and i found the big deal...
haha yeahh...thanxs CAG

[quote name='goatwoody']I'm thinking about trading the exact same games as well. I enjoyed both games immensely but how many times can you play Lost Odyssey after beating it? And how many people will still be playing the original Gears of War now that 2 is out AND 5 of the maps are in the new Gears? I don't think that many. I could be wrong though. Halo 2 had a good following ever after Halo 3 came out.

I traded in Eternal Sonata and Lego Star Wars the Complete Sage today for GOW 2. What a steal! Without the deal, I had $11 trade-in, but with it, I got $40 trade-in. Wonderful deal. And to think, most people don't know about this deal. There was no sign or anything advertising it at the gamestop by me.
THANK YOU CAG!!![/quote]

haha yeahh....
they never did put up advertisement or anything..
soo yeahh my big bro found this..
and i found the big deal...
haha yeahh...thanxs CAG:D:D:D

I didn't see this posted before, but I called my local GameStop and they said the promotion does end on the 23rd, but it's likely this deal will get extended, but maybe just with different titles swapped in.

ok i have a problem i have 3 games pure gta 4 and orange box all for xbox 360 i wanna do this trade 2 get a new game for $20 but i feel like im getting cheated is there any other way that i can come out better by using some other deal? please help
i mean pure by itself is worth 25.25 so help i really wanna play fallout 3 lol

I want to use this deal one more time to pick up "Left 4 Dead" I just dont know what two games I want to get rid of to do it. I have the OB and LSW for the 360 and I also have Mario Strikers Charged and RE:UC for the Wii. It seems it makes the most sense to dump the two 360 games because they would be the cheapest to pick up later down the road, but I know for a fact that I will never play those two Wii games ever again. But the two Wii games might hold their value longer and still be eligible for a deal like this if GS does another one down the road.

[quote name='lilsmokey618']ok i have a problem i have 3 games pure gta 4 and orange box all for xbox 360 i wanna do this trade 2 get a new game for $20 but i feel like im getting cheated is there any other way that i can come out better by using some other deal? please help
i mean pure by itself is worth 25.25 so help i really wanna play fallout 3 lol[/quote]

Trade in GTA4 and orange box and get the game for 19.99 then...

Use the Cellfire coupon and trade in Pure for 25.25 + 30% (cellfire) + 10% edge (40% additional). I know the cellfire coupon is only for when you trade in 2 games, but just bring up the code and don't say anything accept what was the total for trade in on Pure. If it's not 35.35, then ask if the coupon worked. If they figure it out that it requires 2 games, you are SOL on that one, but chances are they may manually adjust it.

So basically, you will get Fallout 3 and roughly $10-15 in credit on your edge card.

Used this deal today and got a game with a gift reciept. Can I exchanged the game and reciept for gamestop credit later on or will I have to get a game when I exchange it
Thanks in advance

OK, Here is "My Humble Opinion": If you want a game & you got the 2 Trade ins to get the game, you go for it.

You could wait for the B2G1 Free deal for next week at GS & trade in your games with cellfire coupon. No guarantee you will get the games you want.

You can sit on the games & wait & hope that another, better deal might come along. Again, no guarantee.

Depending on your current backlog (Mine is INSANE!!!) & if you have credit at GS (I do not have as much as some, but a good amount.), I still grab a deal when I can. Just picked up L4D & played with my friends (It is a BLAST!). That makes it worth it right there.

So, in closing \\:D/."Go For It!"\\:D/

Off to play some more L4D. :D

I traded in GTA4 and Skate to get Fallout 3, but forgot to get a gift receipt. If I return Fallout (sealed) in order to pick it up used during the B2G1, what should I expect to get back onto my Edge card?

[quote name='JJSP']I traded in GTA4 and Skate to get Fallout 3, but forgot to get a gift receipt. If I return Fallout (sealed) in order to pick it up used during the B2G1, what should I expect to get back onto my Edge card?[/QUOTE]

They should just give you a generic Gamestop giftcard for the full amount ($59.99 plus tax) thats what they did for me last week when I returned my sealed Fallout 3 to get COD:WaW and the store didnt have any at the time. For some strange reason they could not apply the return amount to my Edge Card and thats why I ended up with the generic Gamestop gift card.

I am hoping I can return my sealed copies of Mirrors Edge and Gears of War 2 that I got with this deal and pick up used copies with the cellfire and edge discount it would give like an extra $33.00 in credit.

[quote name='ajh2298']They should just give you a generic Gamestop giftcard for the full amount ($59.99 plus tax) thats what they did for me last week when I returned my sealed Fallout 3 to get COD:WaW and the store didnt have any at the time. For some strange reason they could not apply the return amount to my Edge Card and thats why I ended up with the generic Gamestop gift card.

I am hoping I can return my sealed copies of Mirrors Edge and Gears of War 2 that I got with this deal and pick up used copies with the cellfire and edge discount it would give like an extra $33.00 in credit.[/QUOTE]
Excellent. I was afraid I was going to get screwed and get back $40-ish (the $21 or so I paid plus the original, pre-promo TIV's).

[quote name='JJSP']I traded in GTA4 and Skate to get Fallout 3, but forgot to get a gift receipt. If I return Fallout (sealed) in order to pick it up used during the B2G1, what should I expect to get back onto my Edge card?[/quote]

If it's within the 30 days mark you should get full price....

Also can someone explain why my Avatar isn't showing up in my sig?

I just called my local Gamestop, and they said this promotion is no longer eligible. Anyone else getting the same? I'm going to call a couple more in the area to see what's up.

[quote name='ajh2298']I am hoping I can return my sealed copies of Mirrors Edge and Gears of War 2 that I got with this deal and pick up used copies with the cellfire and edge discount it would give like an extra $33.00 in credit.[/QUOTE]

Well wish me luck the only store in my area that has both "Mirrors Edge" and "GOW2" used is the store that is staffed by the biggest jagg-offs in the history of Gamestop. I had my wife call this morning to check to see if they used copies in-stock and if they would hold them for her, I was surprised that they are even going to do that for us. I cant wait to see how they react to the cellfire coupon, and my rreturn of my sealed copies.

Going tomorrow with my second run. Bully and Rapala Fishing (Wii). That's right Rapala Fishing the game from almost 2yrs ago.

Going to probably get another AC:CF and just return it with a gift reciept for a used Fallout3 and others in the B2G1 free deal.

We can return these then right? I thought I saw something saying we could in here.

Traded :360: Orange Box (Finally finished all Half Life episodes, last night.) & :ps3: Facebreaker (Sealed) (which I got at Target for $12.48) & I got GOW2. :D

Traded in Original Scene it & Burnout Revenge with Cellfire & Edge, so paid nothing for GOW2.

Had the guy do 2 separate transactions (Felt bad, cause he was alone & the store was busy. ). When he asked why, I explained the cellfire thing would get screwed up with the other trade. He was cool with that.

Signed the form, left my thumbprint on the 3 pages & now looking forward to Thanksgiving. :applause:

Just picked up Left 4 Dead for $19.xx using credit.

I'm happy - Got GoW by trading a PS2 game + PC game (both I never played anymore) and traded a game for Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga, so I didn't spend a dime :)

(got the games by trading online, not at a store)

[quote name='DeltaOne']I just called another store in my area, and they HAVE extended this until the 23rd. SWEET![/quote]
....that's been in the OP for weeks...??

Does gamestop usually do these deals every month or so? I swear, I never hear about them and they never advertise it on their site or in store by me in Ohio.

Any idea when the next "Trade in 2 games for 1 brand new" deal will happen since this ends today?

[quote name='Siberkat']Traded :360: Orange Box (Finally finished all Half Life episodes, last night.) & :ps3: Facebreaker (Sealed) (which I got at Target for $12.48) & I got GOW2. :D

Traded in Original Scene it & Burnout Revenge with Cellfire & Edge, so paid nothing for GOW2.

Had the guy do 2 separate transactions (Felt bad, cause he was alone & the store was busy. ). When he asked why, I explained the cellfire thing would get screwed up with the other trade. He was cool with that.

Signed the form, left my thumbprint on the 3 pages & now looking forward to Thanksgiving. :applause:[/QUOTE]
When I traded in two games using Cellfire and then Orange Box and Lego Star Wars, the clerk was able to do it in one transaction. The computer kept track and did the right thing for all four games.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']When I traded in two games using Cellfire and then Orange Box and Lego Star Wars, the clerk was able to do it in one transaction. The computer kept track and did the right thing for all four games.[/QUOTE]

I kinda did not want to take any chances (didn't know the guy & been burned before). I also thought I had read in one of the previous posts (OMG, someone actually reads the previous posts!? ;)) that someone had a problem when they tried to do 4 games (2 trades & 2 for the deal). Oh well, live & learn. Thanks for the info. BTW, Great Job with the Target Thread.:)

I was able yesterday to return both my sealed copies of "Mirrors Edge" and "COD:WAW" that I got with this deal for used copies and it saved me over $48.00 after edge and cellfire, which he put back on a GC for me. I than traded in "The Orange Box" and "Lego Star Wars" to get "Left 4 Dead" and used $23.00 off the GC to pay the difference. I than went back later in the day and rebought my copies of the "The Orange Box" and "Lego Star Wars" with edge and cellfire since they were in mint condition and used up the rest of the GC and about $3.00 out of pocket.

I just called and wii Lego Complete Saga still qualifies (bought two yesterday on sale at Costco for $10.99/tx) trading those towards GOW2.

I was told a new list of games would be updated for this week. New games for 19.99 and new games to trade in.

On a side note they never applied my 30% cellfire to my trade in's. Instead they only applied a 10% edge card trade in. I'll have to drive in and fix it tomorrow.

[quote name='MarkHawk']I was told a new list of games would be updated for this week. New games for 19.99 and new games to trade in.

On a side note they never applied my 30% cellfire to my trade in's. Instead they only applied a 10% edge card trade in. I'll have to drive in and fix it tomorrow.[/quote]

I don't think the Deal + Cellfire + Edge stacks. Pretty sure everyone on here has said only the Deal + Edge will stack.

[quote name='zegolf']I don't think the Deal + Cellfire + Edge stacks. Pretty sure everyone on here has said only the Deal + Edge will stack.[/quote]

Yep only EDGE stacks

bread's done
Back