Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

AJRogers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Trade in two games from the list on this flyer, and get a new game from the list for $19.99 or $9.99

Gamestop is extending the Deal, posted by JohnLa101
[quote name='JohnLa101']Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.[/quote]

Extended Deal - Expires 11/23

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/23/08
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541265.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/23/08

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541266.jpg

Old Deal Ending 11/02

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Games.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Gamelist.jpg

I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75 - No deal, not on list

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a pretty sweet deal with this. I took in Lego Star War CS for xbox360 and Lost Planet for PS3 to trade in for Mirror's Edge for PS3. For some reason the promo didn't come up automatically. So, after a few minutes of trying to figure out what was going on, the clerk adjusted the new price of Mirror's Edge to $19.99 instead of adjusting the trade in values. So...I got the trade in values plus Mirror's Edge for $19.99 so my grand total with tax was $4.01. :bouncy:

Has anyone tried exchanging a game in this deal for a different one? I definitely want little big planet, but I'm wondering if I can get LBP with the deal and swap it out for Valkyria Chronicles the next day or at the store around the corner.

[quote name='zegolf']Just confirmed that my GS does NOT take 2 of the same games for trade-in. HotD and LSW it is...
[/quote]
I have Gears 1, COD 4 & Lego Star Wars Saga (one for 360 one for PS3) to trade in so if I go in two different times will they have a record that I traded Star Wars already and not let me trade it in?

[quote name='SneezyBeezy']I have Gears 1, COD 4 & Lego Star Wars Saga (one for 360 one for PS3) to trade in so if I go in two different times will they have a record that I traded Star Wars already and not let me trade it in?[/quote]

You don't even need to go twice, since Lego Star Wars 360 and Lego Star Wars PS3 are not the same game. Also, some employees will let you do duplicates, and some won't, so even if you had 2 of the same game, you would still stand a chance of doing both trades at the same time (especially since you'd be grouping one with Gears and the other with COD 4).

[quote name='guessed']You don't even need to go twice, since Lego Star Wars 360 and Lego Star Wars PS3 are not the same game. Also, some employees will let you do duplicates, and some won't, so even if you had 2 of the same game, you would still stand a chance of doing both trades at the same time (especially since you'd be grouping one with Gears and the other with COD 4).[/quote]
Thanks a bunch. :)

Going to trade in halo 3 and SC4 in for GOW2 I guess. Im beyond done with halo and SC got boring without a proper SP mode, Ill just buy SC1 on XBLA down the road if I get homesick haha

[quote name='SneezyBeezy']I have Gears 1, COD 4 & Lego Star Wars Saga (one for 360 one for PS3) to trade in so if I go in two different times will they have a record that I traded Star Wars already and not let me trade it in?[/quote]

I just traded in both of LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga for 360 and Wii yesterday for Fable 2 no questions asked.
So don't worry too much.

[quote name='newlu']I just traded in both of LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga for 360 and Wii yesterday for Fable 2 no questions asked.
So don't worry too much.[/quote]
Thank you.

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Thinking of trading in COD4 and Fallout 3 to buy Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts.[/quote]

I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread (Nuts and Bolts isn't on the list of games you can get, and Fallout 3 isn't on the list of games you can trade), but you'd probably do much better selling Fallout 3 than trading it in to GS.

[quote name='guessed']I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread (Nuts and Bolts isn't on the list of games you can get, and Fallout 3 isn't on the list of games you can trade), but you'd probably do much better selling Fallout 3 than trading it in to GS.[/QUOTE]
Easily. Hell, you could throw Fallout 3 on here and trade it straight up for Banjo, keeping COD4 and maybe scoring $5 or $10 to even it out.

[quote name='newlu']I just traded in both of LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga for 360 and Wii yesterday for Fable 2 no questions asked.
So don't worry too much.[/quote]

Yeah my guess is it's a personal preference per employee. Ended up buying LSW from the store, then telling the guy I was turning right around and trading it in for GoW. He took it, no questions. I know Gamestop sucks and all, but the guy applauded my CAGness. Used the Cellfire coupon and the flip and got GoW2 for almost as much as the used price (plus edge and cellfire) AND I got the "new purchase" bonuses.

Even though those sucked.

Errrr... quick question: you're not getting the credit on your trade-ins that you can put towards the $20 new game, but your really getting a $20 TIV for those trade-ins, right? Thanks.

Stupid Gamestop employees...A gamestop near me had a used Little Big Planet....I wanted to buy it but they said it was on hold.....I am sure whatever A-Hole employee has it supposedly on hold won't buy it for a few days....DAMN!!! Well my hunt begins again so I can use this 20% coupon. Grrrrrr....

[quote name='nietzsche74']Errrr... quick question: you're not getting the credit on your trade-ins that you can put towards the $20 new game, but your really getting a $20 TIV for those trade-ins, right? Thanks.[/quote]

You get a $20 TIV per game. Also, in most cases an additional 10% of the original TIV with the edge card.

Example: Warioware Smooth Moves has original TIV of $12.50. Your receipt after the trade would show a toal credit of 21.25 from trading it in ($20 + 10% original TIV). Same would go for your 2nd trade in game to complete the deal.

Hope that answers your question.

Has anyone successfully traded an unopened copy of a game they received from the first list for a game on the second list? I really don't want Fallout 3 for 360...

Has anybody returned a game that was on the list towards something else in the store. I picked up Fallout 3 and now have a chance to trade for a copy. I would like to return my sealed copy for the new Bond game.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This is a good deal for me. I can get two Lego Star Wars for 12.59 (no tax on store credit) 35 for Animal Crossing sounds good to me.[/quote]

YMMV on this one. My store wouldn't take 2 copies of the same game.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Has anyone successfully traded an unopened copy of a game they received from the first list for a game on the second list? I really don't want Fallout 3 for 360...[/quote]

Someone did this earlier in the thread, I believe.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Someone did this earlier in the thread, I believe.[/quote]

Yes, you can return a game you picked up from the earlier list for basically anything you want in the store. Be it a cheaper game and getting some money back or a more expensive game and adding some cash to pay the difference.

You might get some resistance from some up-tight managers but you're bound to find a GS that has lax employees. Also for future reference, make sure to ask for a gift receipt. You won't be questioned at all or be asked to look at your I.D. when you return any item.

I hope this helps.

Taking in GTA4 and Skate today - not sure what I'm picking up (still). Might wait a few days and grab L4D using this deal.

[quote name='JJSP']Taking in GTA4 and Skate today - not sure what I'm picking up (still). Might wait a few days and grab L4D using this deal.[/quote]

Just in case you didn't know...

L4D on PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L4D on 360

;)

I was going to return Fallout 3 for Dead Space, but I might just wait for Black Friday to pick it up at Target for $30.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Just in case you didn't know...

L4D on PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L4D on 360

;)

I was going to return Fallout 3 for Dead Space, but I might just wait for Black Friday to pick it up at Target for $30.[/quote]
I've got a Macbook. :whistle2:?

[quote name='jeremiahkd']Im going to throw a temper tantrum because resistance 2 isn't on that list.[/QUOTE]

Trade something in and pick-up one of the other games with a gift receipt and than wait a day and go to another store and return that game for Resistance 2.

[quote name='QiG']Has anyone tried exchanging a game in this deal for a different one? I definitely want little big planet, but I'm wondering if I can get LBP with the deal and swap it out for Valkyria Chronicles the next day or at the store around the corner.[/quote]

Sure just get a gift receipt return it and then get the game you want(gift receipts are your friend :) ). I did it yesterday with Resistance 2 for a minty 360 Fallout 3 with cellfire coupon(my closest GS had 4 copies!). First time I tried the cellfire just printed it out and handed it to the employee and it WORKED! YMMV 41.98 credit still got like 23.02 on that gift card.

Trying to decide if I want Resistance 2 and LBP using this weeks email coupon 20 % off ps3.

[quote name='beelor21']is This deal still going??
when does it end??

plzzz answer my question somebody...
and thank u...:D[/quote]
Read the first post. It ends 11/23.

[quote name='JJSP']Read the first post. It ends 11/23.[/QUOTE]
okayy...
thanxs...
wella im thinking bout
turning in lost odyssey and gears of war 1
for Call Of Duty: World At War....
sounds nice??

[quote name='lilboo']Haven't followed this thread..but..any good deals to flip? :whistle2:s[/quote]
:360: :ps3: :wii: Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga is $17.99 used at GS, $14.99 at Blockbuster. With Edge and Cellfire (or 20% PS3 coupon), it'd be $12ish at Gamestop. 'Course, that's really only helpful if you're buying with credit. Otherwise, you're still spending $44+tax for a new game.

Ditto for :ps3: :360: Orange Box, as it's apparently dropped to $17.99 used.

[quote name='lilboo']Haven't followed this thread..but..any good deals to flip? :whistle2:s[/quote]

Lego Star Wars buys used (with Cellfire and Edge stack) for $12.60, and flips into this trade for $20. That's about it.

Unless you can get a game for less than $20, there's no profit to be made.

[quote name='beelor21']okayy...
thanxs...
wella im thinking bout
turning in lost odyssey and gears of war 1
for Call Of Duty: World At War....
sounds nice??[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about trading the exact same games as well. I enjoyed both games immensely but how many times can you play Lost Odyssey after beating it? And how many people will still be playing the original Gears of War now that 2 is out AND 5 of the maps are in the new Gears? I don't think that many. I could be wrong though. Halo 2 had a good following ever after Halo 3 came out.

I traded in Eternal Sonata and Lego Star Wars the Complete Sage today for GOW 2. What a steal! Without the deal, I had $11 trade-in, but with it, I got $40 trade-in. Wonderful deal. And to think, most people don't know about this deal. There was no sign or anything advertising it at the gamestop by me.
THANK YOU CAG!!!

other people are getting luck with the high markdowns from hollywood video but I havn't been able to find MGS 4 or GTA IV for cheap

Snagged Animal Crossing for 34. Pretty decent. I'm going to look into doing it again, probably as a Christmas present for a friend. Thanks for the heads up on Orange Box, JJSP.
EDIT: 1UP's 50% rating has me a little depressed about Animal Crossing. Am I stuck with it if I didn't get a gift receipt?

[quote name='JJSP']Ditto for :ps3: :360: Orange Box, as it's apparently dropped to $17.99 used.[/quote]I'm not seeing Orange Box on the list of titles that you can trade in for this promo...

[quote name='eugaet']I'm not seeing Orange Box on the list of titles that you can trade in for this promo...[/QUOTE]
I stand corrected. Only the :360: version is eligible for this promo, as it's listed under "Half Life 2 - The Orange Box". The :ps3: version is apparently ineligible.

Gah! I even looked for 'Half Life 2'. Guess I shouldn't be trying to catch up on posts at this hour, and after 5 hours of server updates.

Thanks for the heads-up on Orange Box. I think I'll go get some sleep before I try to post again...

Does anybody know if there's going to be a new list next week, perhaps one including Resistance 2 or Valkyria Chronicles?

I traded Orange Box (360) and Lego Star Wars (Wii) for COD5. With pick both these games back up w/ cellfire coupon.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Does Left for Dead get five dollars off of a preorder still? Or is that online only?[/quote]

I can confirm that you pay regular price ($59.99) to pre-order in-store.

I traded for credit:

Halo (Xbox, duh)
Karaoke Revolution (Xbox)
Mario Golf (Gamecube)
007 Agent Under Fire (Gamecube)
Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)
Puzzle Quest (DS)
New Super Mario Brothers (DS)
Mario Kart (DS)
Age of Empires (DS)
Trauma Center (DS)
Clubhouse Games (DS)

I used for the trade 2 get new for $19.99:

Gears of War
Super Mario Galaxy

I ended up paying and additional $3.70 for Left 4 Dead (360) and Gears of War 2. I'm pretty happy about that.

bread's done
Back