Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

AJRogers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Trade in two games from the list on this flyer, and get a new game from the list for $19.99 or $9.99

Gamestop is extending the Deal, posted by JohnLa101
[quote name='JohnLa101']Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.[/quote]

Extended Deal - Expires 11/23

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/23/08
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541265.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/23/08

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541266.jpg

Old Deal Ending 11/02

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Games.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Gamelist.jpg

I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75 - No deal, not on list

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']the new list is a ripoff but this one is actually a decent trade ins are

lost planet PS3 12.99 at gamefly
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed Wii 12.99 Gamefly
and Star Wars for 360[/quote]
Neat, thanks

EDIT: actually Lost Planet is only one that still holds

[quote name='UltimoRey']anyone know if this would work with a preorder for mirror's edge?[/quote]

I don't see why not, as it appears on the list. Worst case scenario, wait for the game's release.

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']Called mine tonight and they had no idea what I was talking about.[/QUOTE]

Some places have a stand up at the store entrance, which makes it more amazing they don't know. There's even a pad with the offer sheets where you can pull one off for your own use.

[quote name='UltimoRey']anyone know if this would work with a preorder for mirror's edge?[/quote]

The problem with using this for pre-orders is the computers will not manually ring up with a pre-order.

The clerk will have to manually bump up your trades up to $20, thus forcing the use of math without the register, necessitating the use of math, which is sadly a challenge for some clerks...:lol:

It does not,

But all you have to do is put $5 dollar pre-order and then do the trade when you pick the game up.

I did that for GOW2 and it worked just fine.

I even have a $5 pre-order of COD WOW and I have my two cheap games ready for trading.

I hope that helps.

[quote name='mr rico college']It does not,

But all you have to do is put $5 dollar pre-order and then do the trade when you pick the game up.

I did that for GOW2 and it worked just fine.

I even have a $5 pre-order of COD WOW and I have my two cheap games ready for trading.

I hope that helps.[/quote]
thats the scenario i was envisioning
thank you

[quote name='jer7583']Heads up on Hollywood Video standalone stores are having a huge sale on some of their 360 and PS3 used product.

I got GTA4 for $7.50 and MGS4 for 12.00 today there, used them for $22 apeice at gamestop for this deal and paid for CoD:WaW. Total of about $40ish for the game then (I used other flip credit for the rest)[/quote]

is this for real?

[quote name='darknight88']is this for real?[/quote]
It's real if your HWV store mistagged their next gen price drops. There were a BUNCH of high-profile titles that got mistaken huge drops. Might still be ringing up that way, but it's extremely YMMV.

Odd (and possibly stupid) questions:

1) Does/Would GameStop have any restriction about the games being traded to them being unopened??
2) Is there any restriction from trading in 2 of the same title? (Don't beileve so but wanted to verify)

Picked up 2 copies of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (PS3) at Circuit City on clearance for $30 and plan on trading in both copies for CoD: WaW this Tuesday. As a precaution, I woud like to keep the games sealed in case GS does not accept them and I need to return them to CC.

Anyone ever do anything similar to this or have any suggestions - thanks in advance.

[quote name='oc_bastard']
1) Does/Would GameStop have any restriction about the games being traded to them being unopened??[/quote]

my gamestop just opened it, made sure a game was in there, and then scaned it. Said that some people have been able to reseal the games and have the game not be in there, so they are made to open them.

[quote name='kidrocklive']my gamestop just opened it, made sure a game was in there, and then scaned it. Said that some people have been able to reseal the games and have the game not be in there, so they are made to open them.[/quote]

Strange, my local GS Manager does not open them but all the other workers do. Maybe YMMV.

I also ask if they are going to accept/qualify the game before I let them open the game. I don't want an opened game if GS does not accept the game. Kinda silly but I always make sure before they open the game!

Well, if you are going to trade in these two it not worth it:

Call of Duty 4 Xbox 360 Base trade value is $19.25 with 30%bonus+Edge = $27.65
Saints Row 2 Xbox 360 Base trade value is $25 with 30%bonus+Edge = $35

Because you can get just $62 in credit with the current trade-in deal if you have any three other games to trade in with them with Edge Card which means you can get a brand new game depending on your states sales tax with them any way and have some extra credit from the other three games.

[quote name='CaoPi']:drool: GS is smart about there games now, goozex with MGS4 is easily worth 1,000 points if you did a trade[/quote]

However you have to get a match in time as always. I love Goozex but figured this was a way I could get at least 20 dollars out of some titles(gta IV, orange box, ratchet and clank Tools of Destruction) that were dropping like flies. Orange box especially 300 goozex points(15 bucks) still better trade value than anywhere else however that and GTA IV have been losing value rapidly. I got gift receipts for them and plan to return then rebuy once they are used and there is a good coupon deal.

[quote name='kidrocklive']my gamestop just opened it, made sure a game was in there, and then scaned it. Said that some people have been able to reseal the games and have the game not be in there, so they are made to open them.[/quote]

[quote name='iluvmywife']Strange, my local GS Manager does not open them but all the other workers do. Maybe YMMV.

I also ask if they are going to accept/qualify the game before I let them open the game. I don't want an opened game if GS does not accept the game. Kinda silly but I always make sure before they open the game![/quote]

Appreciate the input. It's a stupid question on my part, but for all the years i've been dealing with GameStop, this is the first time i'll be taking in sealed copies of games in to trade as pre-owned and wanted to get a sense of what to expect.

Thanks again !!

[quote name='Megalith']Has anybody been able to score the LE versions by paying $30 instead of $20?[/quote]

I tried to do that with Gears 2 but my GameStop wouldn't do it, they said that since the ad only mentioned the regular edition that's what I'd have to get :cry:.

[quote name='Lunaris']I tried to do that with Gears 2 but my GameStop wouldn't do it, they said that since the ad only mentioned the regular edition that's what I'd have to get :cry:.[/quote]

Pick it up, turn around and do a return for full price then buy the LE for $10 more? Anyone tried a return with this deal?

[quote name='oc_bastard']Appreciate the input. It's a stupid question on my part, but for all the years i've been dealing with GameStop, this is the first time i'll be taking in sealed copies of games in to trade as pre-owned and wanted to get a sense of what to expect.

Thanks again !![/quote]

Um whats so hard about opening the games before you go in there? I knw most of the stores around me wont even take a sealed game.

[quote name='nintendofan9999']So the Lego Indian Jones and Kung Fu Panda from buying the 360 pro model do work yes?[/quote]

Yep, those are what I used to grab Gears 2.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Pick it up, turn around and do a return for full price then buy the LE for $10 more? Anyone tried a return with this deal?[/quote]

Yea I tried that too, at a different GameStop, they wouldn't go for it. YMMV though.

[quote name='Lunaris']Yea I tried that too, at a different GameStop, they wouldn't go for it. YMMV though.[/quote]

Has anyone tried just doing a return of any of these games for credit?

[quote name='Megalith']I forgot about the gift receipt trick earlier, but couldn't you just exchange a title for the LE using the gift receipt?[/QUOTE]

I don't see any problems with that. Just pay the difference in price and you'll be good to go.

I did this when I returned Midnight Club with a gift receipt, and paid the extra 20 bucks for the LE of Resistance 2.

[quote name='YoUnGKiLlAh']i guess ill be heading down gamestop tomorrow to trade in orange box and ninja gaiden for mirrors edge[/quote]

Anybody know if Gamestop is actually getting Mirror's Edge in today? ...or is it tomorrow?

Their website lists ship dates, and for the bigger releases, the street dates are usually the same as the release dates, but it seems like in general, they get the game one day after what's listed on the site. So, just wondering if anybody has any concrete info about that.

Going to take in C&C3: Kane's Wrath and Okami to trade toward ME today (or tomorrow).

[quote name='mkernan']Anybody know if Gamestop is actually getting Mirror's Edge in today? ...or is it tomorrow?

Their website lists ship dates, and for the bigger releases, the street dates are usually the same as the release dates, but it seems like in general, they get the game one day after what's listed on the site. So, just wondering if anybody has any concrete info about that.[/quote]

I have Mirror's Edge preordered. When I picked up COD last night they told me it would be in Wednesday.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Do you have to print out the flier when handing in the games?[/quote]

When I got my Gears 2 with this deal, there was a carboard standee with a snowman on it that had the fliers on it.

[quote name='mastere333']I have Mirror's Edge preordered. When I picked up COD last night they told me it would be in Wednesday.[/quote]

I received two conflicting dates yesterday from two different managers, but tomorrow is indeed it's release date. I just received an automated message reminding me of it. I can't wait until Friday when I'll have the cash to buy. The only thing I'm worried about is it's replay value since the reviewers are saying the main storyline is like 7 - 8 hours long. >_>

What happens if you trade a game worth more than $20? Do they adjust it DOWN to $20 or do they give you more towards the deal?

Also, can you trade in two of the same games? Target has Facebreaker for $12.48. I didn't think it was eligible, so I passed....grrrrr.

It depends on the general staff and their level of don't give a shittance at the location you plan to trade in. Policy states they aren't supposed to accept duplicates but most managers around here couldn't care less. So long as it's just two and they aren't sealed a trade is a trade to them. I just give them the ol' personal copy + friends/little nephews excuse if they seem paranoid or talk about what I didn't like about the game to seal the deal.

[quote name='Megalith']I forgot about the gift receipt trick earlier, but couldn't you just exchange a title for the LE using the gift receipt?[/quote]

I just asked and paid the extra $10-$20 in one transaction, no biggie.

Hey guys I managed to get my hands on the list and I uploaded it and here it is. (Better quality :O(bigger really))

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/Manahzilla/Gamestopgameslist.jpg?t=1226441637

or

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3136/gamestopgamelisthqwe1.jpg

Also I traded in 2 wii games (Wario Ware : Smooth Moves and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles) for Call of duty world at war (Xbox 360). Just if anyone wanted to know if you could trade in 2 Wii games for a Xbox 360 game. (Don't know if this was answered or not but there you go :)) Also if you read the bottom of my picture it says "Offer not good on special editions or bundles". So no gears of war 2 LE :cry: (Don't know if that was answered or not but there ya go) Hope this helps you guys!

[quote name='lookatthat'] Also if you read the bottom of my picture it says "Offer not good on special editions or bundles". So no gears of war 2 LE :cry: (Don't know if that was answered or not but there ya go) Hope this helps you guys![/quote]

well, straight up you cannot get the LE editions, but offer to pay the difference...and no biggie...(handled by 2 different store managers) the only challenge now is getting to the store right at release as my local stores are rarely receiving any LEs that were not preordered.

[quote name='lookatthat']Hey guys I managed to get my hands on the list and I uploaded it and here it is. (Better quality :O(bigger really))

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/Manahzilla/Gamestopgameslist.jpg?t=1226441637

or

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3136/gamestopgamelisthqwe1.jpg

Also I traded in 2 wii games (Wario Ware : Smooth Moves and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles) for Call of duty world at war (Xbox 360). Just if anyone wanted to know if you could trade in 2 Wii games for a Xbox 360 game. (Don't know if this was answered or not but there you go :)) Also if you read the bottom of my picture it says "Offer not good on special editions or bundles". So no gears of war 2 LE :cry: (Don't know if that was answered or not but there ya go) Hope this helps you guys![/quote]

Didn't we already have these in the first post or is this something different?

would it be worth trading in
Super Paper Mario
Cooking Mama: Cook off
Super Mario Galaxy
Rayman Raving Rabbids

and then getting Fable 2 and Fallout 3?

[quote name='Cindaddy']Didn't we already have these in the first post or is this something different?[/QUOTE]

They are better quality.

I thoroughly dislike Gamestop's ridiculous promos. We are better off joining Goozex.com and trading with peers and only spending shipping cost and $1 trade fee.

What's the cheapest game I can buy from somewhere? I have one game on the list but none of my other games are eligible (except Burnout Paradise but that was taken off).

[quote name='Chronotrigga']What's the cheapest game I can buy from somewhere? I have one game on the list but none of my other games are eligible (except Burnout Paradise but that was taken off).[/QUOTE]
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga is $14.99 at Blockbuster used.

You could theoretically pick one up using the Cellfire coupon + Edge from GS for $11-12, I think. Just a note, Edge works with this deal, giving you $20 + 10% of the value. I traded :360: GTA4 ($12.50) and :wii: Metroid Prime 3 ($12.50) and got $21.25 for each of them.

[quote name='xbox360please']Mine were packed in in one box, were you able to trade them in anyway?[/quote]

Get 2 blank dvd cases and put them in there?

[quote name='xbox360please']Mine were packed in in one box, were you able to trade them in anyway?[/quote]

Yea, if they give you any trouble just remind them that there is clearly no mention of the 360 pack in games not being eligible.

bread's done
Back