Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

AJRogers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Trade in two games from the list on this flyer, and get a new game from the list for $19.99 or $9.99

Gamestop is extending the Deal, posted by JohnLa101
[quote name='JohnLa101']Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.[/quote]

Extended Deal - Expires 11/23

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/23/08
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541265.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/23/08

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541266.jpg

Old Deal Ending 11/02

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Games.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Gamelist.jpg

I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75 - No deal, not on list

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HERETOSTAY']Looks like I'm going to trade in Devil May Cry 4 and Dirt for NBA2K9 for the PSE.[/QUOTE]

DMC4 isn't on the current list.

Well, time to go get Fallout 3!

[quote name='Callandor']DMC4 isn't on the current list.

Well, time to go get Fallout 3![/quote]

DMC4 (PS3) is on the current list (expires sunday). It is not on the new list.

[quote name='guessed']DMC4 (PS3) is on the current list (expires sunday). It is not on the new list.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm just dumb and blind then. :cry: My bad.

Got rid of my old Gears 1 CE (bought and launch) and Ninja Gaiden 2 (from yourfree360games.com) for Fallout 3.

Might tap this a second time for Mirror's Edge.

[quote name='JohnLa101']well, I uploaded the scans to image dump but couldn't attach the pics here, so here are the links:

New games you can get: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265

Eligible Trades: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266

Since most people are more tech savvy than myself, I'll assume one you guys will be able to upload the images here.
index.cgi
[/QUOTE]

:( I was hoping to trade in a couple wii games for Resistance 2

[quote name='phragit']:( I was hoping to trade in a couple wii games for Resistance 2[/quote]
Get something worth $60 and exchange it when R2 comes out.

Traded in Gears and Oblivion for Fallout 3. They knew of the list, but had no idea what was on either the trade or buy list. Just rang it up to find out.

I went to GS tonight to trade in the follow titles all before promo and edge for Fallout 3:

Pool Party - Wii 4.75
Dark Sector - 360 4.50
Bully - 360 7.75
Burnout Paradise - PS3 12.25

All right so the guy tells up front "I'll give you the best deal out of either credit or the 2 game deal"(I should have known they would screw me over).

Instead of giving me the 40 credit for Bully and Burnout Paradise they gave me 32.

I ended up having to pay an additional 11.86 credit on top of the four games I traded.

Oh well I'll just go to GS tomorrow and have them adjust the mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I walked into a Gamestop today, asked the dude working if there were any changes to the games listed for this deal, he said no, I bought copy of Medal of Honor Vanguard on Wii, went outside to my car and got Lost Odyssey, walked back in and traded Medal of Honor and Lost Odyssey +$20 for Fallout 3.

MoH:V trades for $4 and sells for $16 after edge. Lost Odyssey trades for $12, and it was only going for $22 on Amazon, plus I haven't played it in a long time. I'm surprised they didn't say anything.

I'm going to return Fallout tomorrow and try to put the credit down on Gears 2.

Seriously considering doing this again with my own copy of GTA4 and Lego Star Wars :TCS the same way. Maybe for Mirror's Edge or a return to pay for Chrono Trigger DS and Banjo Kaoozie.

GTA4 is down to $20 used on amazon.. going to be $24.99 used at gamestop before you know it. Their bins are full of the game.

[quote name='jer7583']Seriously considering doing this again with my own copy of GTA4 and Lego Star Wars :TCS the same way. Maybe for Mirror's Edge or a return to pay for Chrono Trigger DS and Banjo Kaoozie.

GTA4 is down to $20 used on amazon.. going to be $24.99 used at gamestop before you know it. Their bins are full of the game.[/quote]
QFT, which is why I'm going to bite.

So the accepted games cannot change till 11/23, correct? B/c with Lego Star Wars and sometimes others, this will be a great way to get some new games at a $15-20 discount.

Sweet. Left 4 Dead is on the list. Since it's not out yet can I still trade in 2 games for it or do I have to wait until it comes out first?

[quote name='Quintox']QFT, which is why I'm going to bite.

So the accepted games cannot change till 11/23, correct? B/c with Lego Star Wars and sometimes others, this will be a great way to get some new games at a $15-20 discount.[/quote]

The new flyer that someone posted links to in their one post had mostly newer release titles on the new list and even eliminated the two games I used last night for this deal.

I traded in:

Resistance: Fall Of Man-$6.75 before promo bump to $20
Godfather: Don's Edition-$7.75 before promo(I believe)

Then I paid $23.59(they taxed the ENTIRE price of the game I chose, Fallout 3, as opposed to just adding tax to the $19.99 I had to pay out of pocket. fuckers.)

I asked them before doing the deal if I could return the game in a week unopened and trade out for Little Big Planet, which I was then going to return to Best Buy and get my $63.59 I paid for it there on Monday back.

They said it was fine, but I ended up telling my buddy I picked up Fallout 3, he wanted it, so I sold it to him for $20 off retail($40). I came out $6 to the positive(since I got Godfather from a trade here and Resistance from some uber cheap credit from Blockbuster) and he got a game he wanted to play.

Okay, so does someone want to explain to me how this is even remotely a good deal unless you either A) already own one of the required games needed to trade, or B) are able to buy one of the required games for less than $20 after tax.

The latter isn't even a good deal, and really the only way that process would even be somewhat worthwhile is if you could buy the games for less than $10.

[quote name='mvp828']Okay, so does someone want to explain to me how this is even remotely a good deal unless you either A) already own one of the required games needed to trade, or B) are able to buy one of the required games for less than $20 after tax.

The latter isn't even a good deal, and really the only way that process would even be somewhat worthwhile is if you could buy the games for less than $10.[/quote]

some of the games (godfather, MOH:A, Tigerwoods 08) on that list have been clearanced out at Target in the past, also some of them are cheap at BBV if you do lots of tradings this is a good deal. But I think the only good game on that list is Fallout.

[quote name='mvp828']Okay, so does someone want to explain to me how this is even remotely a good deal unless you either A) already own one of the required games needed to trade, or B) are able to buy one of the required games for less than $20 after tax.

The latter isn't even a good deal, and really the only way that process would even be somewhat worthwhile is if you could buy the games for less than $10.[/quote]

Toys R Us has/had Godfather on clearance for $10 and I'm sure you could find a Craigslist ad selling Resistance in a bundle with other games to make it worthwhile. Those are the two games I used, but if I had not bought/traded for them cheaply, I wouldn't have done this deal either.

I mean, if you do some of your own legwork, you CAN find a deal on some of these games to get in on this offer. Although, from the looks of the NEW list of accepted games, it's looking like they wised up and put only newer games on there now.

lost odyssey and gta 4 won't sell for any more than 20 anywhere else.

For people who want don't want anything on that list when you do your trade in and pick out a game just ask for a gift receipt. Go to another store make your return and get your credit back or pick out a new game!

[quote name='AlphakirA']anyone know if disc only works?[/quote]

It may or it may not. It depends on your store and if they want to be jerks about it. But the flyer says something about them being 'full working condition', which definitely leaves it up to their discretion.

Say you just finished GTA IV(along with a lot of other people) and tried playing Skate (bought at target for $15) but it's not your cup of tea, especially after gta. You trade em both in for $40 and get Fallout 3 for $19 in credit.
This has been a true story.
You're not charged tax on purchases made with credit($40) but if you use cash for the remaining $19, that portion will be taxed. Deal doesn't show up until totaled.

[quote name='lorne']Say you just finished GTA IV(along with a lot of other people) and tried playing Skate (bought at target for $15) but it's not your cup of tea, especially after gta. You trade em both in for $40 and get Fallout 3 for $19 in credit.
You're not charged tax on purchases made with credit($40) but if you use cash for the remaining $19, that portion will be taxed. Deal doesn't show up until totaled.[/quote]

I bought Skate at Target on clearance for under $15 and tried playing it but did not enjoy it although it had cool graphics.

I bought WWE vs Smackdown at TRU just for flipping at GS for $14.99.

Took them both in and got Fallout3 for $18 and change!

No Tax on deal when you use Edge Credit to pay balance!

I'll have to look out for Godfather at TRU... I guess if they are $5-$10 games I don't mind using GS credit to buy new...

[quote name='lorne']You're not charged tax on purchases made with credit...[/quote]

[quote name='iluvmywife']No Tax on deal when you use Edge Credit to pay balance![/quote]

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but being taxed on purchases made with credit depends on your area/state. I'm always charged tax when I make purchases at GS w/ credit. And I don't get tax credited to me on trade-ins.

[quote name='iluvmywife']I bought Skate at Target on clearance for under $15 and tried playing it but did not enjoy it although it had cool graphics.

I bought WWE vs Smackdown at TRU just for flipping at GS for $14.99.

Took them both in and got Fallout3 for $18 and change![/quote]So...we'll say Skate costs you $10 (under $15 you said...probably more than $10, though).

So Fallout 3 cost you roughly $10 (Skate) + $15 (WWE) + $18 (cash) = $43.

I'm just saying. Fallout 3 didn't just cost you $18 + change. $43 is still better than release MSRP, though, so there's that.

For my part, I'm hunting around for any lingering clearance titles on the list that I can get for $5 each so I can get some of those Wii games for a total of $20 + tax each.

[quote name='lorne']Say you just finished GTA IV(along with a lot of other people) and tried playing Skate (bought at target for $15) but it's not your cup of tea, especially after gta. You trade em both in for $40 and get Fallout 3 for $19 in credit.
You're not charged tax on purchases made with credit($40) but if you use cash for the remaining $19, that portion will be taxed. Deal doesn't show up until totaled.[/quote]

Man I got ripped again I didn't use cash, only credit and I had to pay 4.05 in tax. Is this state specific? Nevermind my answer is in the above post.

I returned the Fallout 3 I picked up with this deal still sealed and picked up a used mint copy with the cellfire coupon and was credited like 20 bucks, good deal.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The new flyer that someone posted links to in their one post had mostly newer release titles on the new list and even eliminated the two games I used last night for this deal.

[/quote]

Yes, I know that. What I mean is they can't suddenly be like "Oh we are not accepting Lego Star Wars Complete Saga anymore for this deal" or anything until the 23rd, correct?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It may or it may not. It depends on your store and if they want to be jerks about it. But the flyer says something about them being 'full working condition', which definitely leaves it up to their discretion.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll have to check my local store out. I'm sure one of the 6 or 7 will accept it :lol:. I do recall trading a disc only game in there last year or so and when i asked if I was getting the same amount of credit, the guy looked at me like I had two heads with a "why not?!" look, so I guess there's some hope.

[quote name='eugaet']So...we'll say Skate costs you $10 (under $15 you said...probably more than $10, though).

So Fallout 3 cost you roughly $10 (Skate) + $15 (WWE) + $18 (cash) = $43.

I'm just saying. Fallout 3 didn't just cost you $18 + change. $43 is still better than release MSRP, though, so there's that.

For my part, I'm hunting around for any lingering clearance titles on the list that I can get for $5 each so I can get some of those Wii games for a total of $20 + tax each.[/quote]

Pretty close. My wife picked me up Skate thinking I would like it but I really did not care for it. I wanted Fallout3 and decide to try to make the best of the it by flipping WWE in conjuntion with Skate.

Buying $5 games to flip for $20 is the way to go! $12 to $15 games is really not that great but helps a little if you want a new Title!

Having no tax when paying the balance with credit adds to the TIV. Which is why I trade in some games with the $10 for 2 games promotion at GS vs Ebay. Ebay plus Paypal fees will actually leave you a lot less than trading in at GS. When Games don't qualify for the extra $10 for 2 then I put them in lots and sell them on ebay.

I traded in a PS3 DBZ: Burst Limit and a disc-only Ghost Squad for Mario Kart Wii today. Edge stacked too, and the total came out to ~$8. Pretty sweet deal IMO, considering I got DBZ for $15 in a Target clearance and Ghost Squad for $20 from Best Buy when it first came out.

I may do this deal again next week to get rid of skate., which I'm also really not digging, and something else and maybe pick up Little Big Planet.

[quote name='Quintox']Yes, I know that. What I mean is they can't suddenly be like "Oh we are not accepting Lego Star Wars Complete Saga anymore for this deal" or anything until the 23rd, correct?[/quote]

Actually, I think LSW: CS is OFF the list as of the second of November, since the NEW list didn't have that or many of the older games on it already.

So, if anything, you'd better do the offer either today or tomorrow.

This new list is kind of a joke. Most of those games are VERY new and trade for more than 20 dollars anyways. Trade in 2 and then you would get an additional 10 bucks credit. It really makes no sense for most of those games to be on there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I think LSW: CS is OFF the list as of the second of November, since the NEW list didn't have that or many of the older games on it already.

So, if anything, you'd better do the offer either today or tomorrow.[/quote]

The new updated flyer on the first page still has Lego Star Wars Complete Saga eligible for all platforms. Unless they changed it since the post was updated why aren't they accepting them?

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The new updated flyer on the first page still has Lego Star Wars Complete Saga eligible for all platforms. Unless they changed it since the post was updated why aren't they accepting them?[/quote]

Sorry. I had thought they removed that game from the eligibility list.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This new list is kind of a joke. Most of those games are VERY new and trade for more than 20 dollars anyways. Trade in 2 and then you would get an additional 10 bucks credit. It really makes no sense for most of those games to be on there.[/quote]

Exactly. Or the fact that you could trade in two of them(if you're that dumb) and get the game free after the new trade deal starts.

That is, unless GS decides to lower the TIV's to some insanely low amount unless you do the deal. In which case, you'd be even stupider to do the deal then.

Nah, it's cool. I just wanted to make sure GS didn't plan on backing out at the last second. Just about all of the $5 - $10 flips disappeared from the last list. I can't remember the BBV price of it used but I think it was in the $12.99 range. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I can track down a copy. I'll save about $15 on Mirror's Edge if I go through with it as I doubt I'll find two copies of Bully anywhere.

Traded in Bully: Scholarship and GRID for Fallout 3. Not bad considering both were Target Clearance items, and I enjoyed playing them :).

Traded skate. and Lego Starwars for Saints Row 2 (thanks for the recommendation, CheapyD), and it was worth every penny of the $20 I incurred.

Traded
LEGO Star Wars
FIFA 08

got Fallout 3

and at another store I traded

Lego Star wars
Fifa 08

and got Fable 2.

Does anyone know if they are honoring the first list through tomorrow? I have Bourne and skate I want to trade in but it looks like they pulled bourne and it is not on the 2nd list.

People have been talking about Blockbuster and how good their trade in deals are so I figured I'd give it a try and one of my friends works there so I'd get to visit her at the very least. Bottom line. Blockbuster KICKS ASS!!!

This is what I traded in.

- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess $23 (on the GS lits of valid games)
- Drgon Ball Z: Burst Limit $25 (On list)
- Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom $15

for a total of $63
The two GS valid games totaled an amount of $48 in credit
BB sells a limited amount of higher profile new releases and Fallout 3 was one of them which is what I got.

Even without the extra game I traded in I stil would have an extra $8 in credit making Fallout 3 only $12 instead of $20. Also remember, the GS deal is giving you an extra boot on the games meaning they are giving even less without the deal.

I traded in 6 games to GS tonight. The manager, who handled the trade, mentioned that I could pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 using a couple of the games that I was trading in. He quickly showed me a folder that had the both lists of eligable games. I'm not sure if he was mistaken or what nut maybe I should have given it a shot. I figured I can get a used/mint copy for slightly less using Edge/Cellfire and I didn't want MC:LA. Now I see that LBP is on the list. :cry:

Games that I traded in (all $9.99 at BBV):

Spyro Wii
Manhunt 2 Wii
Rockstar Table Tennis Wii
Fear Files 360
Sonic and the Secret Rings Wii
Geometry Wars Wii

All of these games have a TIV between $4 and $7.

*edit* If someone who works at GS can check the folder with all the promos, the lists in the book seemed like it had way more games than the lists on the flyers. Maybe the manager was pulling my chain. :?:

bread's done
Back