Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

AJRogers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Trade in two games from the list on this flyer, and get a new game from the list for $19.99 or $9.99

Gamestop is extending the Deal, posted by JohnLa101
[quote name='JohnLa101']Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.[/quote]

Extended Deal - Expires 11/23

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/23/08
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541265.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/23/08

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541266.jpg

Old Deal Ending 11/02

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Games.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Gamelist.jpg

I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75 - No deal, not on list

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
ah crap the new image shows no resistance, DBZ Burst Limit or Bourne Conspiracy...ick well there goes my chance to get Saints Row cheap. Well maybe I'll still try, do I need to mention the flyer at all?

I was gonna go trade in resistance and my copy of marvel ultimate alliance gold (the 2 pack version) and was refused due to the new flyer. It doesnt have a start date on it so couldnt really argue the point. Also they said the version of mua:gold wouldnt have been accepted cause its not the stand alone copy.

My intent was to get one of the games on there payed in full and then once it comes out return it for left 4 dead. Funny how stuff works sometimes. Is it possible to return the game if its unopened for a different game? gift receipt work?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Well the expiration on the old flyer is 11/02 maybe its good till then.[/QUOTE]

I hope so, because ALL the games I wanted to trade in are now gone from the list :(

I will try today....also, do you HAVE to print out the flyer to do this or should it just work when I go in?

Finally bit on this deal and traded in Resistance and Bleach: Shattered Blade toward Fallout 3 for PS3. The cashier was cool enough to stack my edge card for an extra 10% of the base trade in value of both games. Wound up paying 19.69 after tax – no complaints here :eek:)

So far no bugs at all with the PS3 version (keeps fingers crossed) and the game is incredible….

[quote name='doubledown']I hope so, because ALL the games I wanted to trade in are now gone from the list :(

I will try today....also, do you HAVE to print out the flyer to do this or should it just work when I go in?[/quote]

The old deal is available until the 2nd. The new deal starts after that.

Technically you don't HAVE to print the flyer as it should all work after it is rung up, but I wouldn't trust that. I would still print it and keep it in my pocket or something.

[quote name='JohnLa101']well, I uploaded the scans to image dump but couldn't attach the pics here, so here are the links:

New games you can get: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265

Eligible Trades: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266

Since most people are more tech savvy than myself, I'll assume one you guys will be able to upload the images here.
index.cgi
[/quote]

Thanks! I'll be paying for my COD:WaW preorder with this deal now, and picking up Star Wars or Dead Space most likely! :bouncy:

I also updated the OP.

I think I really took advantage of them in this deal. I traded Gears of War and Smackdown 08 for 360 and got Rock Band 2. My total trade in value was $18 before he adjusted the price to make it $40.

Got rid of 2 games from over a year ago that I never play any more for a game that we spent 4 hours playing just last night... I think I did okay.

any chance some kind soul can post the new images on another host or list the new games available, my work wont allow access to imagedump...thank you kindly

[quote name='oc_bastard']Finally bit on this deal and traded in Resistance and Bleach: Shattered Blade toward Fallout 3 for PS3. The cashier was cool enough to stack my edge card for an extra 10% of the base trade in value of both games. Wound up paying 19.69 after tax – no complaints here :eek:)

So far no bugs at all with the PS3 version (keeps fingers crossed) and the game is incredible….[/quote]

I got a lockup last night after I got out of the Vault...headed down the road to the first down & was wondering around and got a complete system lockup on the PS3. Decided it was time to go to bed after that, so I cannot say if I can repeat it.

[quote name='chrisfhctm']I think I really took advantage of them in this deal. I traded Gears of War and Smackdown 08 for 360 and got Rock Band 2. My total trade in value was $18 before he adjusted the price to make it $40.

Got rid of 2 games from over a year ago that I never play any more for a game that we spent 4 hours playing just last night... I think I did okay.[/quote]

Umm... look at what they sell the games for before you go on about taking advantage of them. That being said, I traded in TW08 and Oblivion to get Fallout3 yesterday and they are not on the new list. I'll consider myself lucky, but I wouldn't say I took advantage of them.

[quote name='timmylamb']any chance some kind soul can post the new images on another host or list the new games available, my work wont allow access to imagedump...thank you kindly[/quote]

New games available:

Trade 2 plus $19.99:

Call of Duty: World at War (360/PS3)
Dead Space (360/PS3)
Fable II (360)
Fallout 3 (360/PS3)
Gears of War 2 (360)
Guitar Hero World Tour (360/PS3)
Left 4 Dead (360)
Little Big Planet (PS3)
Madden NFL 09 (360/PS3)
Mirror's Edge (360/PS3)
Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360/PS3)
Tom Clancy's EndWar (360/PS3)
WWE: Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 (360/PS3)

Trade 2 plus $9.99 (Wii only, except Lego Batman):

Animal Crossing City Folk
Wario Land: Shake It!
Wii Music
Wii Play
Mario Kart Wii w/Wii Wheel
Lego Batman (360/PS3/Wii)
Call of Duty: World at War

[quote name='timmylamb']awesome guessed very much appreciated, thanks man!![/quote]

No problem. I'd post the list of games that can be traded in with this deal, but it is just too long, sorry. I will say that Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (all systems) is still on the list, but I imagine it will still require an override.

[quote name='JohnLa101']well, I uploaded the scans to image dump but couldn't attach the pics here, so here are the links:

New games you can get: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265

Eligible Trades: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266

Since most people are more tech savvy than myself, I'll assume one you guys will be able to upload the images here.
index.cgi
[/quote]

Thanks so much, you the Man!

Going through new list and making a CAG Strategy!!!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Anyone know the trade-in price for DBZ Burst Limit is? I don't even want to know for GTA:IV...[/quote]

It was around $8 before promotions and Edge.

I used a new copy and got the $20 credit with this special promotion!

OK....this deal is sucking now, since they removed both Resistance AND Godfather: Don's Edition from the list of accepted titles for the 'new' deal.

Oh well.

Here's to hoping the old titles still work, as I may actually try this later today.

[quote name='iluvmywife']

It was around $8 before promotions and Edge.

I used a new copy and got the $20 credit with this special promotion![/quote]

I thought they won't take new, sealed games?!

Also can this be combined with the Cellfire (20% off / 30% trade-in) coupons?

I just want to make sure I have everything right when I go in today to trade.

I have a copy of DBZ: Burst Limit and GTA IV and am hoping to nab a copy of Dead Space. Does that work?

Just traded in GHOST SQUAD and GODFATHER (PS3) and picked up Fallout 3. They still had the CURRENT flyers on the counter, so it was allowed :)

Trade values are: (for reference)
- Ghost Squad - $9
- Godather - $6.75

[quote name='doubledown']Just traded in GHOST SQUAD and GODFATHER (PS3) and picked up Fallout 3. They still had the CURRENT flyers on the counter, so it was allowed :)

Trade values are: (for reference)
- Ghost Squad - $9
- Godather - $6.75[/quote]

How much did you end up paying though? Also are these new or used copies you receive?

My GS still had the old flyer laying around. I traded in Resistance + The Orange Box and got Fallout 3 for $18.37 (edge card stacked). I will exchange it for Resistance 2 when it comes out next week.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']How much did you end up paying though? Also are these new or used copies you receive?[/QUOTE]

I paid $19.99 + tax....exactly what the flyer says. Basically, they make each trade in worth $20. FALLOUT 3 was new and sealed.

(Apparently my EDGE card did not stack....oh well).

Traded in RSV2 and Orange Box both for the 360 for Midnight Club LA. The cashier chick insisted the EDGE card did not stack with the promo which kind of sucked.

Now I have 3 placeholder games to exchange for the upcoming barrage of games being released these next couple of weeks.

I tried to trade Ghost Squad and The Orange Box(PS3) and was denied, saying that it had to be from teh same category. They even scanned it and it didnt work. Of course, maybe thats cause I asked for Little Big Planet.

[quote name='jza1218']I tried to trade Ghost Squad and The Orange Box(PS3) and was denied, saying that it had to be from teh same category. They even scanned it and it didnt work. Of course, maybe thats cause I asked for Little Big Planet.[/quote]

Yep. LBP is on the upcoming promotion's list. Ghost Squad and The Orange Box for the PS3 are also not on the next promotion's eligible trade in list either.

Maybe you should have picked up a placeholder game from the promotion going on now, and go back the next day and try to exchange it for LBP. YMMV though.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Yep. LBP is on the upcoming promotion's list. Ghost Squad and The Orange Box for the PS3 are also not on the next promotion's eligible trade in list either.

Maybe you should have picked up a placeholder game from the promotion going on now, and go back the next day and try to exchange it for LBP. YMMV though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it didnt click. Oh well lesson learned, as I traded in Orange Box(literally got what I paid for it) and Rock Band and used remaining credit for LBP. And those cellfire coupons are awesome, FYI.

[quote name='NoobHammer']Just traded Lego Indy and Kung Fu Panda for Fallout 3. Was 18.xx after all was said and done. Good use of store credit :)[/quote]

Was it the bundle? Did you separate them before trading?

[quote name='Punk0']Umm... look at what they sell the games for before you go on about taking advantage of them. That being said, I traded in TW08 and Oblivion to get Fallout3 yesterday and they are not on the new list. I'll consider myself lucky, but I wouldn't say I took advantage of them.[/quote]

The reason I say that is because I got a lot more out of that deal than I would have gotten if I sold them to someone else, or just traded them in on their own. I know I didn't really hurt them, but I got the best deal I could have gotten out of those two games.

I'm thinking about trading in my GTAIV just because there are so many copies of that game, by the time I want to play it again, it'll be super cheap. I just don't have another game to pair it with and may have to buy one or something which blows -- I can't decide what to do

for those that wish to get limited editions of the games on the list here is a tip. Get your reserve payed off for the regular edition of the game and then preorder the limited edition. Essentially two copies and when pick up day comes just have them put the credit towards the limited edition and if they wont let you simply return and use the credit for the limited edition. huge YMMV as most associates aren't cool with this, but those ones that are make this an awesome deal.

I just traded in NFS Carbon and Orange box for Fallout 3. Both of those are on the old list and not the new one. The 2 GS's near me did not hve either flyer and knew nothing about the deal. I told him to just ring it up and see if it workes - it did.

Things went well at GS for once. Traded in DBZ Burst Limit which I got from Target on Clearance for $14 and Resistance, picked up Fallout 3 for $20. I told the guy I hadn't gotten my Game Informer for 2 months, so I got the last 3 issues. Still might have to trade in Bourne Conspiracy and BattleField to get Saints Row 2.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does this work cross systems? The last time I tried this deal (about 3 months ago), I tried to trade in 2 PS3 games for a 360 game and the GS system would not take it. Will that work this time? - I did not see anything in the fine print stating that it would not. I have 2 Wii games I could trade in, but I don't want anything they have listed for the Wii.

Anyone try this and hve it work yet?

[quote name='mvp828']CAGs please don't due this, it is such a rip-off. BlockBuster offers you so much more for most of those.[/quote]

+1,000
and with the holiday season around the corner, you can also get great money from Ebayers for those games as well.
Try the same thing with ebay, and you'll likely be able to pick up your game of choice for free (with your paypal balance) from another ebayer.

[quote name='robwhit1']Sorry if this has been asked already, but does this work cross systems? The last time I tried this deal (about 3 months ago), I tried to trade in 2 PS3 games for a 360 game and the GS system would not take it. Will that work this time? - I did not see anything in the fine print stating that it would not. I have 2 Wii games I could trade in, but I don't want anything they have listed for the Wii.

Anyone try this and hve it work yet?[/QUOTE]

I traded a Wii and Ps3 game and got a 360 game....so, yes....mix and match.

[quote name='sunnysky']+1,000
and with the holiday season around the corner, you can also get great money from Ebayers for those games as well.
Try the same thing with ebay, and you'll likely be able to pick up your game of choice for free (with your paypal balance) from another ebayer.[/quote]

I really wish BlockBuster was an option for me, but the nearest corporate owned store is a 4.5 hour round trip. And there is no way I'd get more for Ghost Squad (Wii) + Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (360) on eBay. Obviously, most of the games on the list can bring in better values, many can even get better trade values at GS if you don't use this deal. But, if done properly, this can be a good deal.

So, just to be clear on this:

You trade in two games from the list, get NO credit for them and a game from the purchase list becomes 19.99 or 9.99, right? (Or maybe each game gets an automatic $20 value each making the balance on the game to be bought 19.99 or 9.99)

It's not like the deal Microcenter had for Halo 3 which was trade in three games, get a coupon for Halo 3 for $30 AND you could use the credit you got for the three games you traded in towards Halo 3.

Am I correct here? Are there any clearance games that would make this worthwhile? Isn't Tiger 08 clearanced somewhere? The best deal I see is clearanced Target games which end up @ 7.50-15 if they reach 75% off, but at best that still makes these games $35 and there are very few games which end up @ 7.50.

picked up Smackdown 08 from BBV for 15 + the 12.48 Woods 08 I found from Target a while back got Fallout! Sweet, still have left over GS store credit from which I did flipping a while back.

[quote name='TheBigHouse']traded in Smackdown vs Raw 2008 and PES 2008, both of which had been collecting dust for a while now, and got Midnight Club Racing: LA[/quote]

I wonder if each Gamestop is a YMMV on honoring the older list trade in titles.

Not a great flip but TRU has Smackdown vs Raw for $14.99 today and GS (under the old list) would give $20 before Edge card promotion 10% of trade in value (10% of TIV before Promo 5877 bumps it up to $20).

[quote name='jdawgg76']So, just to be clear on this:

You trade in two games from the list, get NO credit for them and a game from the purchase list becomes 19.99 or 9.99, right? (Or maybe each game gets an automatic $20 value each making the balance on the game to be bought 19.99 or 9.99)

Am I correct here? Are there any clearance games that would make this worthwhile? Isn't Tiger 08 clearanced somewhere? The best deal I see is clearanced Target games which end up @ 7.50-15 if they reach 75% off, but at best that still makes these games $35 and there are very few games which end up @ 7.50.[/quote]

Basically yes. I used two Target clearanced games to pickup Fallout 3 for $20.99. I received about $25 extra than what I paid for the titles I traded in.

Also I spoke to the manager at the branch I visited, and it seems they are updating the list of trade-ins constantly. I think he said tomorrow or Sunday is when the new trade-ins will be posted.

Looks like I'm going to trade in Devil May Cry 4 and Dirt for NBA2K9 for the PS3.

Correction, 3 not E.

Looks like the best deals for this are lego star wars complete saga/Tiger Woods 08 + Cellfire?

[quote name='timmylamb']any chance some kind soul can post the new images on another host or list the new games available, my work wont allow access to imagedump...thank you kindly[/quote]

Added new links to the op, hosted via photobucket.

bread's done
Back