Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

AJRogers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Trade in two games from the list on this flyer, and get a new game from the list for $19.99 or $9.99

Gamestop is extending the Deal, posted by JohnLa101
[quote name='JohnLa101']Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.[/quote]

Extended Deal - Expires 11/23

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/23/08
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541265.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/23/08

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541266.jpg

Old Deal Ending 11/02

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Games.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Gamelist.jpg

I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75 - No deal, not on list

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guessed']I know Facebreaker is on clearance, but i hadn't seen reports of it going below $25 yet. How much did you pay for them?[/quote]

They were surprisingly marked $7.xx. It rang up $24.xx though, but fortunately, the cashier just manually entered the price.

Well I could get Fallout 3 and use my legit receipt from when I bought it at launch to exchange for Gears.. If they don't just do an exchange with the trade deal receipt. Just not sure it's worth the trouble to save $20.

[quote name='natureboy46']Do you need the manual to trade at Gamestop? Never traded in a game there before.[/quote]

Nope, just the disc.

[quote name='ObiBen']I'm seriously considering trading in Boom Blox and Smash Bros. for something.[/quote]

I gotta believe you could do considerably better selling them.

[quote name='natureboy46']Do you need the manual to trade at Gamestop? Never traded in a game there before.[/quote]

[quote name='Yanksfan']Nope, just the disc.[/quote]

Some stores/employees I believe charge a "refurb" fee for games traded in without cases/instructions. It has never happened to me, personally, but most of my trades are complete. Also, they might be pickier with a promotion like this vs. a standard trade.

Used the deal again today,

:ps3: Resistance - $7.75 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Halo 3 - $18.00 - $20.00 with deal (paid $9 for it muahahaha)

Walked out with Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 and I splurged and bought a PS3 eye to use with LBP.

[quote name='guessed']Some stores/employees I believe charge a "refurb" fee for games traded in without cases/instructions. It has never happened to me, personally, but most of my trades are complete. Also, they might be pickier with a promotion like this vs. a standard trade.[/quote]

True, any GS employee can seemingly make up a rule if they so choose. The game rings up the same price no matter what, but if the employee has it in his head to ding you a couple bucks even if the disc is in great condition, it is hard to convince them otherwise.

[quote name='shrike4242']Conflicting reports on this from past threads with this deal.

Some have said it's just done as an even exchange without any issue.

Other people have said that the return value on the game is what you've paid for it, $9.99 or $19.99, and you don't get anything back in credit for the $40 you've been given towards the original purchase from the trade-in.

I wouldn't use this as a "get game X, and in >30 days, get game Y, which I want instead of game X" scenario.[/quote]

Yep, it is indeed YMMV. My experiences have always been just fine, but it doesn't mean that anyone will have the same. Though I would say they are more likely than a Wal Mart YMMV.

[quote name='stoned99']You know you still have to pay 20$ on top of trading the games right ?[/quote]

I believe he mentions paying the 20 bucks along with the games, so it certainly looks like it.

[quote name='japaki']So wait, if I trade in two of my games for this promotion and pay the 19.99, and leave it sealed until Gears 2 can I return it for gears 2?[/quote]
Yes.

So does anyone know if I could trade in two copies of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 and still get the deal or does it need to be two different games?

[quote name='pvsurfer03']So does anyone know if I could trade in two copies of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 and still get the deal or does it need to be two different games?[/quote]
Probably YMMV. I've done it before with two copies of the same game but sometimes a GS employee can be a jerk.

Anyone here have any good tips for where to find two games to trade on this list? Looking to pay under $10-12 for each game otherwise it's kind of pointless to trade them in.

[quote name='mvp828']CAGs please don't due this, it is such a rip-off. BlockBuster offers you so much more for most of those.[/quote]

You can actually buy a couple of these games on the trade-in list at Blockbuster for really low prices ;).

[quote name='DarkRider23']You can actually buy a couple of these games on the trade-in list at Blockbuster for really low prices ;).[/QUOTE]

Please share.

[quote name='jmbreci']Trying to decide if I need Fable 2 while I am waiting on LBP & Resistance at TRU (on the B2G1).[/QUOTE]

Wait, is there another TRU B2G1 sale coming up that I don't know about?

[quote name='rufio2004nfg']Wait, is there another TRU B2G1 sale coming up that I don't know about?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he means exchanging sealed "placeholder" games that he bought during the B2G1 for those games that weren't out yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guessed']I'm pretty sure he means exchanging sealed "placeholder" games that he bought during the B2G1 for those games that weren't out yet.[/QUOTE]

I thought so too but he mentions LBP and that's out already. Maybe his TRU just doesn't have it yet. Oh well. Just double-checking because I couldn't find anything in the forums about it. Thanks for the reply

[quote name='CaoPi']goozex to GS anyone? Tiger 08 is 350 pts on there for 360[/quote]

Deal ends Sunday. I don't think you are likely to have the Goozex trade completed by then.

[quote name='rufio2004nfg']I thought so too but he mentions LBP and that's out already. Maybe his TRU just doesn't have it yet. Oh well. Just double-checking because I couldn't find anything in the forums about it. Thanks for the reply[/quote]

Could be, as you suggest, that his TRU doesn't have LBP yet, or maybe he wants to do both exchanges at the same time. But, I don't think we are going to see another B2G1 from TRU this year. There will probably be at least one more (BF perhaps) for used games/accessories at GS, and Target is doing B2G1 on Wii games next week, which has created not much interest in the forum.

I used Resistance that I had from a B2G1 sale, and Smackdown vs Raw 2008 that I bought from Blockbuster for 14.99 and traded both in for Fallout 3.

Resistance $7.75 --> $20.78
Smackdown vs Raw 2008 $4.25 --> $20.42

Also used one of the Cellfire coupons on Dead Space and ended up walking out with Fallout 3 and Dead Space for a grand total of 63.68 I for one am a happy camper!

[quote name='guessed']Deal ends Sunday. I don't think you are likely to have the Goozex trade completed by then.[/quote]

seriously ends Sunday? that blows I was hoping to find more games at blockbuster or goozex

[quote name='CaoPi']seriously ends Sunday? that blows I was hoping to find more games at blockbuster or goozex[/quote]

Yea, the deal has actually been going on longer than this thread. It was first reported and had some minor discussion in the B2G1 thread, but not many people seemed too interested and likely, just fell out of the radar until it was posted here.

Anyone else find it AMAZING that World in Conflict is on the list for the 360....problem is, it's not even out yet and in publisher limbo lol

intern mistake FTL

[quote name='guessed']Fraud.[/QUOTE]

I guess your name fits you. Halo 3 LE tin was available on clearance at various Sears for as low as $4.97. I was fortunate enough to find a couple and flip them at GS for about $37 credit each. There was some other trade in promo going on to get it up to $37 at the time.

[quote name='bob330i']I guess your name fits you. Halo 3 LE tin was available on clearance at various Sears for as low as $4.97. I was fortunate enough to find a couple and flip them at GS for about $37 credit each. There was some other trade in promo going on to get it up to $37 at the time.[/quote]

You can borrow it (my name) if you'd like. I asked earlier in this thread how he got a few games that he mentioned for $9 each, and he responded that he used fraudulent credentials to get them through Microsoft's retail rewards site. The posts and responses have since been removed by moderators.

[quote name='natureboy46']Just traded Ghost Squad and Fight Night Round 3 (sans manual) for Fallout 3 - pretty happy with that.[/quote]
Did you pay $20 too?

trading in halo 3 and pro evo 2008 for fallout 3!!!

even if i sold halo 3 for 30 on ebay and pro evo for 10 or 15, after paypal and ebay fees i would be paying closer to 30 for fallout 3

I almost never buy new releases, but thanks to this deal I got Fallout 3 for 360! Wow I didn't think I would be playing this for 9+ months waiting for a price drop! Me so happy. :D

do i need the flyer for this promotion? because my locale gamestop dont have the actual flyer to show which games are eligable.

Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.

[quote name='JohnLa101']Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.[/quote]
Is Resistance 2 on the updated list? I was going to get a placeholder game until it was released but that could save me some trouble.

Use imagedump and just link them, that'd be sweet, like hella hella sweet.

Interesting. Now if Resistance stayed on the allowed list of trades and I can find one of the other games on the new list cheap, I might do this deal and get my $60 I paid in cash back for Little Big Planet.

Of course, I could've just waited and kept my pre-order from Blockbuster. :roll:

[quote name='Wblaze']How is this a good deal? You are better off trading in your games, getting the extra 10% for edge and buying what you want used.[/quote]

People need to seriously think before they post something like this. Most of the games on the list won't even get $30 for trading in two of them. Plus most of the games are on clearance and naturally cheap.

well, I uploaded the scans to image dump but couldn't attach the pics here, so here are the links:

New games you can get: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265

Eligible Trades: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266

Since most people are more tech savvy than myself, I'll assume one you guys will be able to upload the images here.
index.cgi

[quote name='JohnLa101']well, I uploaded the scans to image dump but couldn't attach the pics here, so here are the links:

New games you can get: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265

Eligible Trades: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266

Since most people are more tech savvy than myself, I'll assume one you guys will be able to upload the images here.
index.cgi
[/quote]

Thanks for the update. So now the only games listed are the ONLY eligible games for this trade-in offer?

Also, how does this work exactly? I just walk in and ask about the promotion? Do I have to print something out?

Nice, I actually see a couple of games on that list I actually want now. While the old one only had Fallout 3 that I was mildly interested in.

bread's done
Back