GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
but yeah I wouldn't keep a wii u anymore unless you have small kids, great platform for them but terrible for adults with virtually no new games coming out.
I disagree.

Bayonetta 1 + 2, ZombiU, The Wonderful 101, Devil's Third, Fatal Frame and SMT x Fire Emblem are all targeted towards the adult crowd. You might say, those are a just a few, but I think most of them are or will be quality EXCLUSIVES. You also have games like DKC: TF, Pikmin 3, Splatoon, Smash Bros., Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends and Lego City Undercover. Games that can be enjoyed by anyone and everyone.

On the comment of ''virtually no new games coming out.'', that's true and not true. A bunch of games will be coming out... it's just Nintendo didn't space them well. Yoshi's Woolly World (a game that's already finished and released in Europe) will release in Oct here in NA. That's retarded. The other consoles would be having bigger droughts if it wasn't by third parties. It's tough for Nintendo to support a console just by themselves.

NOW though, if you want your third party games more, you shouldn't even have a single thought about buying a Nintendo console.

I just got this email from GS:

Sell Us
Your Copy of The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited and Get
$48.00
Pro
Trade Value**
$45.00
Promotional
Trade Value

Hurry, this special value ends on Sunday, July 12!*

Must present coupon to redeem offer

i think the coupon may be generic, doesn't seem long enough to be account specific nor is it in my active offers.  I also only got it on one of my GS accounts, the one that I bought a used copy on.  

Last 2 digits of my coupon code are 61

i think the coupon may be generic, doesn't seem long enough to be account specific nor is it in my active offers. I also only got it on one of my GS accounts, the one that I bought a used copy on.

Last 2 digits of my coupon code are 61
Same last digits and also not in my active offers

So we can use this on any game? Getting $48 for my Batman AK, is not bad (i might just wait until the GOTY to play if it works)

I just got this email from GS:

Sell Us
Your Copy of The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited and Get
$48.00
Pro
Trade Value**
$45.00
Promotional
Trade Value

Hurry, this special value ends on Sunday, July 12!*

Must present coupon to redeem offer
boo didn't get it. anyone happen to have a spare or don't mind sharing the coupon if its generic?

I only got it for Elder Scrolls, i had also bought a used copy of arkham knight (part of b2g1) but didn't get an email about that.  The email makes it sound like its only good for TESO, I don't have any used games left at the moment so can't check.  

Too bad no b2g1 at best buy this week, woulda lined up perfectly.

I believe it's a generic one. So here it is:

attachicon.gif
A.png
thanks a bunch

For people looking to move Target Credit to GS,  you can PM BB Just Dance 2015 (X1, X360, Wii, Wii U) for 19.99.

There is a cartwheel coupon for 50% off just dance 2015.

It its YMMV but if your store doesn't care you can pick them up for 9.99.

GS trade in value (with PUR)

X1  $15.40

X360 $14.30

Wii $14.30

Wii U not worth it

If these values maybe hold for the 50% bonus next week it might be worth to get a couple copies to hold on it.

I got coupons on each used game bought today.

During B2G1 I received 5 coupons for a purchase of 6 games

The Most Important question is when do GS trade in values go up?

They cant be decreasing forever. Do they go back up during Winter time? Yearly releases of course must go down.

I got coupons on each used game bought today.

During B2G1 I received 5 coupons for a purchase of 6 games

The Most Important question is when do GS trade in values go up?

They cant be decreasing forever. Do they go back up during Winter time? Yearly releases of course must go down.
Not sure it seems to be they never go up really but they have bonus values that make them go up but if you're talking about the 50% trade-in coupon its only good from 7/13 - 7/19 then it expires so its not like you can save it till winter time.

Does the trade in limit reset at the beginning of every month? For example, lets say I trade in 3 of the same on June 30, will the limit will reset back to 0 on July 1 and I can do another 3 and be fine.

I forgot all this shit since GS is just barely bringing back all these promos.

Thought I read somewhere about Batman trading in for a guaranteed  $40, where would I find that? Shows $33 for PUR on their website trade-in values.. trying to decide between Gamestop or Best Buy tradein.

Thought I read somewhere about Batman trading in for a guaranteed $40, where would I find that? Shows $33 for PUR on their website trade-in values.. trying to decide between Gamestop or Best Buy tradein.
30 is the base, up till 7/22 the value is boosted to 40 or 43 for PUR. However during the 50% it's possible you could get 48.

Thought I read somewhere about Batman trading in for a guaranteed $40, where would I find that? Shows $33 for PUR on their website trade-in values.. trying to decide between Gamestop or Best Buy tradein.
Receipts with bought copies of Arkham Knight mentioned the promo.

They typically also have a rail-display on the xbox1 (and possibly ps4) racks that says so as well -- took a picture of it as well in case there were some shenanigans later.  (Expected some because of the PC version getting axed possibly causing the market value to plummet before then)

I'm hoping my GS will take off the $20 on the Order as there are two different stores, one with CE and one with the Premium edition, and would be all over this deal if they would allow the $20 off since it doesn't state anything other than a new copy.

Haha happy birthday to you too buddy!! Unfortunately, I didn't receive anything in my account..probably it's because I updated my birthday on the profile few days ago :/ should I tell the associate in the store maybe he can do something about it? 

Haha happy birthday to you too buddy!! Unfortunately, I didn't receive anything in my account..probably it's because I updated my birthday on the profile few days ago :/ should I tell the associate in the store maybe he can do something about it?
I recommend a wink, a hush and lots of fondling.

hahaha I will tell the associate give me the discount or I will take you with me to the mother base ;)

Who wants to try their Order coupon on a Collector's Ed. or Premium Ed.?

Here's the fine print:

attachicon.gif
orderq.png

I'm hoping my GS will take off the $20 on the Order as there are two different stores, one with CE and one with the Premium edition, and would be all over this deal if they would allow the $20 off since it doesn't state anything other than a new copy.
Can we just show that coupon above or is it a specific coupon code per user (not generic)?

Does gamestop give extra for new sealed games i bought somewhere else? Selling almost all my 360 games to get a X1.

Also, will GS give me less money if the game I'm trading in is missing the manual and the cover art or it doesn't matter?
They shouldn't. The only way you'd get less for a trade-in is if the disc was damaged and they had to apply a refurbishing fee. For PS4/XB1 discs, though, that shouldn't be an issue since they're Blu-ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back