GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="fredyyy" post="12789844" timestamp="1436318359"]thanks a lot Vigilante!! this was good to know...but what about the coupon I mentioned do you know if it was for PUR only?[/quote]

It specifically mentions a non pro value
I don't see how it could be Pro only

They shouldn't. The only way you'd get less for a trade-in is if the disc was damaged and they had to apply a refurbishing fee. For PS4/XB1 discs, though, that shouldn't be an issue since they're Blu-ray.
You would be surprised what Gamestop employees try with Refurb fees. I was trading in at a store that I've never been to and they tried to slip in a $3 fee on a PS3 game. I asked them WTF is this fee for and he showed me the fingerprint on the disc. I took it and wiped it off with my shirt and he took it off. I was pissed!

You would be surprised what Gamestop employees try with Refurb fees. I was trading in at a store that I've never been to and they tried to slip in a $3 fee on a PS3 game. I asked them WTF is this fee for and he showed me the fingerprint on the disc. I took it and wiped it off with my shirt and he took it off. I was pissed!
You're right, I forgot to point out the employee-stupidity factor.

Hubert: 2
Vig: 0
:whistle:
358560_o.gif

To stack a $20 off with a $15 off.. and then use the $15 off again later which coupon is it? $ off any Gamestop item or $ off any pre-owned item? 

Haha happy birthday to you too buddy!! Unfortunately, I didn't receive anything in my account..probably it's because I updated my birthday on the profile few days ago :/ should I tell the associate in the store maybe he can do something about it?
Yeah, especially if they know you or if its ACTUALLY your birthday month (show a valid ID) they should be able to knock off the 20% manually for you without a problem (though obviously YMMV).

You're right, I forgot to point out the employee-stupidity factor.
Hubert: 2
Vig: 0
:whistle:
Totally unrelated but thanks Hubert for putting MLB 15 on sale for GCU members and also giving the extra 20%! Woo-hoo!

So score should be:

Hubert: 1

GS: -1 for dropping the TiV overnight.

Some people got it in their email, check your PUR email if you havent already. I didnt get one but I took a printout of the above to GS; they didnt care one jot. Got myself a $48 GC for ESO.
Thanks, I actually received that email and the barcode is the same (confirming it's a generic coupon).

How likely am I to get the case and manual for older 360 and PS3 games when I order online?
It seems like it is getting more and more common to get disc only games. I rarely get complete games from the site anymore. That's just my experience though; I may be unlucky.

Well some greeting cards are a penny as well as the Gamestop "bags" from 2014. Before you say the plastic ones not the plastic ones.

Borderlands Rayman Grand Theft Auto are the ones and maybe more.

When did they start sending out those coupons for ESO and anyone know the title of the email? I don't believe that I got one but will show that picture and hopefully they won't care about it being a saved image

When did they start sending out those coupons for ESO and anyone know the title of the email? I don't believe that I got one but will show that picture and hopefully they won't care about it being a saved image

Sent: Jul 5, 2015, 12:17 PM

Subject: Get Paid for Your Copy of The Elder Scrolls Online

Anyone have a recent experience with trading in a non-Microsoft branded X360 or X1 power adapter?  Wondering if I should even bother taking one in during the 50% coupon next week.

Anyone have a recent experience with trading in a non-Microsoft branded X360 or X1 power adapter? Wondering if I should even bother taking one in during the 50% coupon next week.
Like clockwork.

4x each about every 6 weeks.

It's always up to any individual cashier what they will and will not take, but nothing prevents them from accepting them.

Do any other Gamestops out there hide the Kindle gift cards behind the counter?

I always have to ask for them, and they always get from one of the cabinets.

Anyways, I turned my Gamestop credit into Amazon credit for Prime Day!

Really blows my mind how people just willingly throw their money away. Guy in front of me buying a used copy of FIFA 15 for almost $40. 

It was $19.99 at TRU about a month ago. And I believe it's $29.99 on Amazon and BB.

I cringe, every time. It's astonishing. 

Really blows my mind how people just willingly throw their money away. Guy in front of me buying a used copy of FIFA 15 for almost $40.

It was $19.99 at TRU about a month ago. And I believe it's $29.99 on Amazon and BB.

I cringe, every time. It's astonishing.
I do at times too but not everyone searches other stores though they should. Have to remember not everyone is cheap or cares to be. I find when I use to tell people about to buy something that it's cheaper elsewhere, they either "don't have the time" or "are already in the store".

I seriously considered it. The guy didn't look like a methhead or anything like that. Just a bad decision maker.
Similar situation happened with a dude and his ps4
Almost purchased it, but he was getting more in cash that I was willing to pay for a used console.
The guy needed money for rent, so he traded in his ps4, extra controller and a stack of games. I shed a tear lol

problem with outbidding gamestop is you dont know how employee will react, it I get banned from gs next closest place that sells games is 10 minutes further each way

problem with outbidding gamestop is you dont know how employee will react, it I get banned from gs next closest place that sells games is 10 minutes further each way
That was the main reason I didn't say anything. I didn't think about a ban, but there's only two Gamestops close to me and I didn't want to deal with them giving me grief down the road over it (trying to hit me with refurb fees, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back