GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have some credit stored up. Might trade in my old PS4 for a new one. Does anyone know: I currently have a 2TB hard drive with lots of games/apps installed in my PS4. If I take it out to swap with a new bundle, do I need to format the hard drive or will everything seamlessly transition to my new PS4?

Have some credit stored up. Might trade in my old PS4 for a new one. Does anyone know: I currently have a 2TB hard drive with lots of games/apps installed in my PS4. If I take it out to swap with a new bundle, do I need to format the hard drive or will everything seamlessly transition to my new PS4?
The ps4 will automatically format the hard drive and you will have to re download everything. I heard you can backup your data to an external hdd and restore from there, but the process takes a long time. Have fun

I've got a saved trade value for $250 it actually saved with today's date showing as when it expires (11/16/15). I'm really hoping my store will honor it and give the $50 credit. I was planning on swapping my release console for a newer one (most likely the Black Ops 3 console and just trading the game directly back in.).

Even if they don't honor it I might still trade it in since I've set aside the difference to swap for a new console. Mine has just been showing odd signs of something might be going on with it and I don't really want to chance it. I guess I should have went ahead and swapped it already but I guess I hoped GS wasn't going to lower the trade in value just for this promo. Which sucks cause I know a lot of the stores around me don't have any used PS4's in at all so they could use the stock of them. 

Edit: I've also printed out the confirmed trade value from the website that was saved to my account just incase the app changes somehow/some reason during the day. 

I see $200 cash, $250 trade credit on GS site. where you see the lower value?
On the mobile app. Also now if you try to save on the website the 200/250 trade in value it errors and doesn't save. Luckily mine is already saved with today's date and I can hope the manager honors it.

I mean, I figured it would drop, even to $200, but to $175? That's kind of a snub to their PRO members who got a preview of the coupon weeks ago.

So I actually managed to save the 250 trade value last night and it's still here this morning. Odds of them honoring the saved value and the coupon? (Although I'm asking mostly out of curiosity since I don't actually feel like letting go of my ps4 until Black Friday)

So I actually managed to save the 250 trade value last night and it's still here this morning. Odds of them honoring the saved value and the coupon? (Although I'm asking mostly out of curiosity since I don't actually feel like letting go of my ps4 until Black Friday)
I'm in the same boat. I printed mine though so I have a paper copy of it. I've called one local store so far (My normal store) they said they have no way of changing the trade in value. SO I'm going to try a couple other close by stores.

I'm in the same boat. I printed mine though so I have a paper copy of it. I've called one local store so far (My normal store) they said they have no way of changing the trade in value. SO I'm going to try a couple other close by stores.
Last time this happened with the PS4 values, they tried to tell me the saved value was base plus the new promo, which didn't even come close to adding up. I went around with them for about 15 minutes, and went to two other stores and got nowhere.

Wow 175$ for black and 200$ for the white , that's funny . Have they ever offered more for the same model/hd size but different color or a limited edition?

Look man I said this last night, I'll repeat it. They do not have to honor that value, it's in fine print. If you plan on frequent any of these stores I recommend not causing a stir. Don't force yourself onto anyone's shit list

Look man I said this last night, I'll repeat it. They do not have to honor that value, it's in fine print. If you plan on frequent any of these stores I recommend not causing a stir. Don't force yourself onto anyone's shit list
Yeah not getting on any shit lists.... The main store I visit my best friend is the store manager so I asked him first he said he couldn't but said it won't hurt to try other's. I'm not giving any personal info to the other stores so it's not like they know who i am. I'm also not pushing the issue etc. Nicely stating hey I have this saved trade offer I was about to head up there but see the website has changed are you still able to honor this etc.

---

The other option for people who want to maximize it I guess that missed out from trading in a day ago... They are still doing $250 towards an Xbox1 but I don't think the $50 extra PUR coupon will apply to it. Then if you really wanted to be a pain you could then return the un-opened Xbox1 and get a PS4.

Has anyone gotten triple PUR points yet for donating to St. Jude? I've done it on 2 transactions this weekend and only got the normal points.

Yeah not getting on any shit lists.... The main store I visit my best friend is the store manager so I asked him first he said he couldn't but said it won't hurt to try other's. I'm not giving any personal info to the other stores so it's not like they know who i am. I'm also not pushing the issue etc. Nicely stating hey I have this saved trade offer I was about to head up there but see the website has changed are you still able to honor this etc.

---

The other option for people who want to maximize it I guess that missed out from trading in a day ago... They are still doing $250 towards an Xbox1 but I don't think the $50 extra PUR coupon will apply to it. Then if you really wanted to be a pain you could then return the un-opened Xbox1 and get a PS4.
Are you sure the $250 towards an Xbox One is still going on? I thought it ended yesterday.

Has anyone gotten triple PUR points yet for donating to St. Jude? I've done it on 2 transactions this weekend and only got the normal points.
http://www.gamestop.com/stjude
you get triple points on the donation, not the actual trade in

welcome to gamestop

also from the BBY thread, the black friday gaming deals (some of them) will go live on 23d for elite members. if 50% trade bonus is active same day, could be pretty, pretty nice

Are you sure the $250 towards an Xbox One is still going on? I thought it ended yesterday.
it's in the weekly ad that is supposed to run through tomorrow. But I did check with my friend again and he said that also ended last night. So looks like best I can do it $225.

Debating if it's worth it (It's only $25 less then it was a day ago). to swap my launch console for the COD bundle. (My buddy will let me trade in COD at time of purchase so that helps too since I don't plan on keeping it.)

it's in the weekly ad that is supposed to run through tomorrow. But I did check with my friend again and he said that also ended last night. So looks like best I can do it $225.

Debating if it's worth it (It's only $25 less then it was a day ago). to swap my launch console for the COD bundle. (My buddy will let me trade in COD at time of purchase so that helps too since I don't plan on keeping it.)
Probably get more for the COD if you wait until the 50% bonus. You'll have to sit on it for awhile though.

also from the BBY thread, the black friday gaming deals (some of them) will go live on 23d for elite members. if 50% trade bonus is active same day, could be pretty, pretty nice
Just curious, but are they even going to do trade-ins during the busy season? Target for example has signs up saying price adjustments are suspended around Black Friday so the staff can focus on sales instead of returns.

Just curious, but are they even going to do trade-ins during the busy season? Target for example has signs up saying price adjustments are suspended around Black Friday so the staff can focus on sales instead of returns.
That's normal though. Customer service at most stores is basically shut down at most store during the BF rush.

Last year they did. I remember trading in Evil Within sometime between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Sounds like you may need to go in store and have someone on the tablet make a trade stash and then email it to you and it will have the code in the email.

Still waiting to confirm.

What sucks about the console TIV dropping so much is that even with the PUR Pro coupon adding $50 it still isn't as much as it was yesterday without the coupon.  The last time they had a $50 TIV bump they only lowered the TIV by $25 so it was still beneficial to trde in the console.  Now if they don't honor the saved TIV from earlier this morning WITH the coupon, it won't be worth it to trade in.  We'll see how it goes.

Thats why i jumped on the $250... Knew it wouldnt get any better than that, and the TIV would go back to $175 at any moment. Maybe if you wait they might bump it up to 200 again, but considering how many people actually traded in.. They are problably well stocked with preowned xbox's and not in a rush to up the TIV.... Goodluck dude.

The ps4 will automatically format the hard drive and you will have to re download everything. I heard you can backup your data to an external hdd and restore from there, but the process takes a long time. Have fun
Yes takes about 6-8 hours for backup & 3-4 hours for restore once you swap drives. Only way to do it w/o having to redownload, or lose something like PT which can't be re-downloaded.

Yes takes about 6-8 hours for backup & 3-4 hours for restore once you swap drives. Only way to do it w/o having to redownload, or lose something like PT which can't be re-downloaded.
I'm not willing to test it out but it does let me add PT to my queue from my download list on the website. Has it been like that since they took it down and it's just a non-functional button or something?

Was this not posted?

309_260_Halo5trade.jpg

Traded in my launch PS4 today for $250. It took an over ride but they were really cool about it because i had the locked in price printed out and on my phone. Didn't bother trying to get the $50 added onto it. I'm happy to have secured a Darth Vader edition PS4 =)  Wish that it had come with a bigger HD though.

Traded in my launch PS4 today for $250. It took an over ride but they were really cool about it because i had the locked in price printed out and on my phone. Didn't bother trying to get the $50 added onto it. I'm happy to have secured a Darth Vader edition PS4 =) Wish that it had come with a bigger HD though.
You see now this irritates me. I spoke to one GS employee at one store and she said that the TIV was the TIV, no over-riding regardless of what saved value I have. I asked another GS employee at another store and he flat out said he couldn't over-ride, even if he wanted to (like someone else mentioned earlier), so either he didn't know how or was unwilling to do it.

But it sounds like the TIV can be overridden by the emp. if they want to. But if they have the option to not override the TIV that you have saved, what's the point of being able to save a TIV and print it out or show the saved TIV on the app?

You see now this irritates me. I spoke to one GS employee at one store and she said that the TIV was the TIV, no over-riding regardless of what saved value I have. I asked another GS employee at another store and he flat out said he couldn't over-ride, even if he wanted to (like someone else mentioned earlier), so either he didn't know how or was unwilling to do it.

But it sounds like the TIV can be overridden by the emp. if they want to. But if they have the option to not override the TIV that you have saved, what's the point of being able to save a TIV and print it out or show the saved TIV on the app?
Not just any employee can override. Requires manager approval. They don't need a key or anything, but if theyre taught not to override anything, then youre simply not going to get anywhere. How often do you see a gamestop employee override anything? They don't pricematch, not even their own website prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back