GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now I see you need a code for The Division promo and I do not have one.  I guess I am not buying The Division from GS...way to go!

The big bad Gamestop man will ban him for returning the copy he bought at GS?
Because I don't want the Division. The promo requires you to buy the Division. Instead of keeping the Division from GameStop, I can now return it to Walmart with my receipt. So basically I do not need to buy the Division to get the 50% promo.

Because I don't want the Division. The promo requires you to buy the Division. Instead of keeping the Division from GameStop, I can now return it to Walmart with my receipt. So basically I do not need to buy the Division to get the 50% promo.
But you lost $20 by buying a copy and then trading it in

Just notice UPC is different. I guess I'll wait a little bit and return back to Gamestop.

Wanted to minimize my lost, so $20 is better then losing $60. Didn't realize the UPC is different for the game between GameStop and Walmart, so didn't work out the way I intended.
How would you lose 60?

All you had to do was trade in your games at GS, buy the Division. Then go to a different GS tomorrow and return it.

How would you lose 60?

All you had to do was trade in your games at GS, buy the Division. Then go to a different GS tomorrow and return it.
You're right, didn't think to return the game back to GameStop. Guess I didn't want the do something shady, and just want to get rid of the game and maximize profit.

That's one retarded CAG
I guess I've been called worst...

What's shady is returning a game from one store that you bought from a completely different store. What's not shady is reading game stops return policy and returning the game.

did you trade in any accessories?
I did, and there was no bump on accessories as expected if that's what you're wondering.

What's shady is returning a game from one store that you bought from a completely different store. What's not shady is reading game stops return policy and returning the game.
Well if the game has the same UPC code, I don't think that's shady since its just returning the same game back to the first place.

Personally think it's shadier to return a game that is tied to a promo.

I did, and there was no bump on accessories as expected if that's what you're wondering.

Well if the game has the same UPC code, I don't think that's shady since its just returning the same game back to the first place.

Personally think it's shadier to return a game that is tied to a promo.
thanks

If you trade 5 or more games that are $10 base you are coming out ahead. 

If you trade a lot more than that than you are really coming out ahead. 

Math.

The issue with the UPCs not matching may require some effort. It appears most retailers carry both versions. I'm not sure about Best Buy though since a scan of the Hazmat version comes up not found in the BBY app. 

Is it "safe" to buy one of these coupons from someone?  When you give your PUR number wouldn't they be able to see that you didn't get issued one?

And if I preorder a game I end up not wanting, do I actually have to go in store and cancel or will it just issue a refund if I don't pick it up in X amount of days?

I think I found a small flip, at least if you have Best Buy credit. Tax might kill it though.

UFC 2 will be on sale at BB tomorrow for $31.99 w/ GCU and trades into GS for $36.80 with the Division 50% and PUR.

Do you guys think that whoever didn't receive the coupons will get them in the next couple of days? I have a stack of 9 Xbox one games waiting to be traded in all with values of $15-20. I was thinking of just trading them in tomorrow with the 20% promo before the values tank on the 15th with the $10 extra.

Plus we aren't even sure if the $10 will stack with every two games.

And if I preorder a game with store credit and I end up not wanting it, do I actually have to go in store and cancel or will it just issue a refund if I don't pick it up in X amount of days?

And if I preorder a game with store credit and I end up not wanting it, do I actually have to go in store and cancel or will it just issue a refund if I don't pick it up in X amount of days?
Go in store and cancel yourself, I still have stuff from years ago lol

[attachment=21356:Screenshot 2016-04-09 at 10.19.14 PM - Edited.png]

Go in store and cancel yourself, I still have stuff from years ago lol

attachicon.gif
Screenshot 2016-04-09 at 10.19.14 PM - Edited.png
Lol so you just let Gamestop "borrow" $5 from you?

Lol so you just let Gamestop "borrow" $5 from you?
TBH, I forget to cancel every single time I go to that one lol. Some preorders don't even show up online on my account for some reason. I have a CoD AW preorder that I still have but it doesn't show up.

Probably more stuff too, one of these days I'll get my money back lol.

Do you guys think that whoever didn't receive the coupons will get them in the next couple of days? I have a stack of 9 Xbox one games waiting to be traded in all with values of $15-20. I was thinking of just trading them in tomorrow with the 20% promo before the values tank on the 15th with the $10 extra.
Plus we aren't even sure if the $10 will stack with every two games.
I only got the coupon in 1 out of my 3 accounts and it's far and away my least active. Kind of strange how that worked.

It's part of the choose your game bundle. They have links for gears Xbox with tomb raider, forza and rare replay as well.

Instead of having the regular choose your game bundle that comes with one game like other places you can get 2 at game stop.

Just happens that Microsoft double dipped by giving out gears as one of the free games.

When HJ said that they were "close" to their sale goals for Division, that was right on.

If anyone has a 50% trade bonus w/Division coupon they don't need, I'll send you some paypal for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back