GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
It works! Just make sure to sign before looking at the trade in values :D
No, no. Very Bad Man Bobby's Beasting. :D

no-no-no-very-bad-man-Babu-Bhatt-seinfeld-gifs-finger-wag.gif

whoa whoa whoa, you can have a negative balance?!
Well, much like Best Buy's Reward Zone, if you use your points and then you return something, naturally the points you earned on that purchase would be deducted. Ergo, if the points in your account is less than the points you earned on that purchase you're returning, your points balance will end up in the negative.

Managed to flip State of Decay and Resident Evil Revelations 2 that I got for $6 each from Redbox for $32 in credit today with the $10 bonus. Pretty solid.
I did the same, i bought the games to play, but who am i kidding. traded in revelations 2, sniper elite 3, god of war 3 and final fantasy x/x-2 hd. $33 (plus tax) turned into $66.

Anyone have any luck buying the prepaid Visa cards with GS credit? I know actually getting the employee to try it would be the first hurdle. I wonder if the registers would even allow it if the employees allow it. I'm going to give it a shot. 

I just completed a $10 extra trade credit for 2 xbox one games. First they claimed i needed an active offer on my account and then said i needed the pro membership. I pointed out that the trade offer on their website had no mention of that. They finally asked the manager and she said to do an override after she read the fine print.

Is this a change in their policy for their public offers on their website or just BS? The offer mentions not valid on cash trades and i wanted store credit so no issue there.

I just completed a $10 extra trade credit for 2 xbox one games. First they claimed i needed an active offer on my account and then said i needed the pro membership. I pointed out that the trade offer on their website had no mention of that. They finally asked the manager and she said to do an override after she read the fine print.

Is this a change in their policy for their public offers on their website or just BS? The offer mentions not valid on cash trades and i wanted store credit so no issue there.
I just assumed that it was an active promo when I went in too, but it didn't apply automatically. I had to tell the cashier about it, and he scanned something on an iPad to get it to work.

I had no luck with this today, actually i first went in to trade in some older games, wolfenstein and and dead rising 3 and did not get the $10 extra credit. The associate said that the games "had to be at a certain value" to get the deal. I then called the other gamestop in my area who told me that the value had to be above $2.50 which both of those games traded in for $5. Going back to the store that i initially did the trade at (i know i should have never completed the transaction) and telling them that the other store said the value had to be $2.50 then prompted them to say i needed the coupon.

Even after showing them the website which said nothing about the coupon being required they refused to honor the deal even with the additional games I brought on my 2nd trip. Instead of course they tried to sell me on powerup rewards....

Now i remember why I mainly shop at best buy these days.

I still have yet to see them in store.
My store has a bunch of the visa cards now. I got turned down. It was probably the nicest GS employees I know. He always goes above and beyond to help me, so if even he turns me down, I have no chance. I was still able to buy Shell and ebay cards though. But according to him, he's not allowed to sell BP or Shell cards for customers trading with trade credit, but it's alright with a GS giftcard (I bought them with amazon credit). Maybe he was just doing me a favor. I'm not sure.

My store has a bunch of the visa cards now. I got turned down. It was probably the nicest GS employees I know. He always goes above and beyond to help me, so if even he turns me down, I have no chance. I was still able to buy Shell and ebay cards though. But according to him, he's not allowed to sell BP or Shell cards for customers trading with trade credit, but it's alright with a GS giftcard (I bought them with amazon credit). Maybe he was just doing me a favor. I'm not sure.
That what was a store told me around here when they started cracking down (GC to pay was fine, trade credit was not)

why do you guys wave around your payment method before you buy something? or are you buying these gift cards at the same time you do your trade ins?

why do you guys wave around your payment method before you buy something? or are you buying these gift cards at the same time you do your trade ins?
In my case that I referred to, I was doing a trade in during the same visit. (that district hadn't started cracking down before that visit)

I still have been able to buy Amazon and BP cards in that district when not trading in.

In my case that I referred to, I was doing a trade in during the same visit. (that district hadn't started cracking down before that visit)

I still have been able to buy Amazon and BP cards in that district when not trading in.
they never said anything when i bought gift cards during the trade ins, but they always acted weird and hesitant. I usually just put the money on the card now and go to a different gamestop to buy the gift cards.

I didn't wave anything. I handed him a visa card and he stopped the transaction when I tried to pay. It sucks it's an e-giftcard from Amazon that's printed on a piece of paper than the cashier has to scan. I guess you could swipe a regular giftcard super fast and try to get away with it before they realize what's going on, but I don't want to do that. I don't want to burn any bridges because I'm in this for the long game. Not to fuck it up and do something that's going to piss off the employees.

I did all of my trades and purchases yesterday. I went in there only for the giftcards. I saw the visas for the first time yesterday at 8:30pm. I came home and immediately printed out some giftcards to give it a shot today. I was just reporting on my experience.

No problem returning The Division today.  The girl was real chill about it. I just said my Dad had the game and I was going to borrow it.  She did not even try to sell me on another game.  She actually thanked me for not opening the game which made me laugh inside. After renting Dark Souls III I decided I would rather be playing that instead of The Division anyway.  Right after I finish Batman: AK finally.

Took advantage of The Division coupon and the Redbox sale and traded in a few games, the 1st GS I went to, there was a Jr. Detective there inspecting all of my games at literally every possible angle (like he's inspecting precious jewelry), then was like "Can't accept Bloodborne, there's a top surface scratch on it." Didn't see any scratches on the disc the few times I looked at it since I got it last night (the game also worked when I played it for a bit last night and this morning), looked again, still didn't see anything visible. So, I said screw it, took my games and left. Went to a 2nd GS across the street and the dude checked everything out and took all of the games without a hitch.

I took a mental note of what Jr. Detective looked like so I can avoid trading stuff while he's there.

If you have a working Division code (that's still good through tomorrow) and trade feedback here, PM me. I'll paypal $5 for one...or maybe trade a 20% off coupon code.

Took advantage of The Division coupon and the Redbox sale and traded in a few games, the 1st GS I went to, there was a Jr. Detective there inspecting all of my games at literally every possible angle (like he's inspecting precious jewelry), then was like "Can't accept Bloodborne, there's a top surface scratch on it." Didn't see any scratches on the disc the few times I looked at it since I got it last night (the game also worked when I played it for a bit last night and this morning), looked again, still didn't see anything visible. So, I said screw it, took my games and left. Went to a 2nd GS across the street and the dude checked everything out and took all of the games without a hitch.

I took a mental note of what Jr. Detective looked like so I can avoid trading stuff while he's there.
These people are ridiculous...and they seem to be breeding more of them these days.

My most hated cashiers are the ones that try to sneak the refurb fee in without mentioning it. I mean, c'mon, if you're going to screw me, I like to be looked in the eyes...

These people are ridiculous...and they seem to be breeding more of them these days.

My most hated cashiers are the ones that try to sneak the refurb fee in without mentioning it. I mean, c'mon, if you're going to screw me, I like to be looked in the eyes...
I have had that happen to me before as well. I called the guy out on it and he started going "Well, it's scratch and I have to charge a refurbish fee on it". Like, you can't inform me that you have to charge a refurb fee? I wonder how many customers fall for that as they don't pay attention to the screen and/or don't check the values ahead of time and thus don't know when they are potentially being shafted.

Interesting GS trip. Before going in my plan was to do 2 separate trade ins: 1 for the 50% division trade in and 1 for the 10$ bonus for x1 & ps4 games because I knew they would not stack . After doing some quick math I found that any game that any X1 game under 10$ Was better suited to trade in for the 10$ bonus while anything over was better for the 50% bonus. I calculated that I should have received 220$ Before purchasing the division. So I go into GS telling the guy that I wanted to do 2 trade ins and he was like nah man the coupons should stack let me enter in all the games first. I was hesitant because I thought I would lose out on one of the coupons. So he finally enters all the games and scans the coupons and he was like nice they stacked. so the total was 210$ after he hit refurb fees on ever damn thing. So they did not "stack" rather the Computer gave the maximum value by assigning the X1 games under 10$ to the 10$ bonus trade in. So I wasn't mad at all. Employee thought that I was able to double dip and would have been cool with it.

TLDR: GameStop computer should give you maximum value when using multiple coupons in 1 transaction ( which Everone probably knew, cause I am noob)

I had the same issue last time they had this promo since I wasn't pro. The employee was nice enough to just let me use her coupon off her account. Gamestops marketing department sucks as I'm sure it's just an error on the website just like everything else as it is meant for pro members with the coupon.

After trading in $300 worth of stuff, I decided to pickup a game and the associate tried sneaking the useless game protection warranty on it without asking me if I wanted it. He seemed suprised I noticed.

Congrats to those who found bloodborne state of decay and revelations 2 at redbox. The only game I found that could be flipped was until dawn. Now what should I say when I return the division..

They never tell me, they do just do it. If I'm using a coupon, I just ask for all my stuff and go to another unless it's worthy of one.

It's most likely not.

After trading in $300 worth of stuff, I decided to pickup a game and the associate tried sneaking the useless game protection warranty on it without asking me if I wanted it. He seemed suprised I noticed.
Its worthwhile for people who don't take care of their stuff or have kids who don't take care of their stuff. He still should've asked. That's theft trying to sneak it on.

I usually would just say that I read the reviews and/or watched videos of the gameplay and realized I wouldn't be interested in playing it. And do indeed read and/watch lol in case they ask what u didn't like about it lol. That way u r indeed not making up something lol or using the same made up excuse when returning another game in the future lol "oh I brought it digitally" "u must have a big hard drive" lolol

Since everyone is giving stories, the other day I traded in some games and spent all the credit on purchases. During the transaction they mumbled something to themselves and I saw on the screen a 5 dollar deposit for some upcoming game added then they removed it right afterwards. So it didn't remain and I wasn't charged for it but I was wondering what happened?

Tried to do a small trade in today only to have the computer tell me I have "exceeded trade in limit". This is my first time getting any kind of trade ban (or even warning message) from GS so I am wondering what the trigger was and if they started tightening trade in restrictions. I did trade a decent amount of stuff (guessing maybe $600-700 through multiple trades) during the last good trade window on 3/19-3/20 and I may have sold back a few B2G1 or 4/$20 titles to a different store either the same day or the following day, but this is all stuff I have had no problem with doing in the past. I am generally very careful to "walk the line" and do not believe I have ever traded more than 3-4 of a game in a 30 day window. Heck, I even got in on almost $2K worth if trades/flips last summer without any issues. I haven't even done any trade ins since 3/20 so I have no idea when the "ban" went into effect.

I called CS and of course they are fucking worthless at giving you any idea of what the issue is. All they could tell me was that they would have their LP people look at it and that I "might" hear something from them in terms of questions for me, or removing the ban. They also mentioned that the max time of not being able to trade stuff would be 90 days but that doesn't necessarily mean that is what is on my account or if that is how long I would have to wait to trade again.

Has anyone ever had a shorter ban (like 30 or 60 days?) and what can I expect to hear (if anything) from LP?

Tried to do a small trade in today only to have the computer tell me I have "exceeded trade in limit". This is my first time getting any kind of trade ban (or even warning message) from GS so I am wondering what the trigger was and if they started tightening trade in restrictions. I did trade a decent amount of stuff (guessing maybe $600-700 through multiple trades) during the last good trade window on 3/19-3/20 and I may have sold back a few B2G1 or 4/$20 titles to a different store either the same day or the following day, but this is all stuff I have had no problem with doing in the past. I am generally very careful to "walk the line" and do not believe I have ever traded more than 3-4 of a game in a 30 day window. Heck, I even got in on almost $2K worth if trades/flips last summer without any issues. I haven't even done any trade ins since 3/20 so I have no idea when the "ban" went into effect.

I called CS and of course they are fucking worthless at giving you any idea of what the issue is. All they could tell me was that they would have their LP people look at it and that I "might" hear something from them in terms of questions for me, or removing the ban. They also mentioned that the max time of not being able to trade stuff would be 90 days but that doesn't necessarily mean that is what is on my account or if that is how long I would have to wait to trade again.

Has anyone ever had a shorter ban (like 30 or 60 days?) and what can I expect to hear (if anything) from LP?
I have heard stories on here that if you escalate it to LP they might ban you for life after closely looking into the trade history.

If your state/city needs an ID you could always get a new PRO card and a passport card for $55.

I agree that they might be either lowering standards or introducing something new to trigger a trade ban. My main account is still trade banned from my last trade in of a couple hundred bucks back on Jan 31st.

Maybe it was all of the USB cables I traded in though. Looking at my history the guy rang up like 7 PS3 USB cables lol

I traded 4 copies in a 30 day window for multiple games Feb-Mar and definitely went over 1k, maybe 1.5k. No ban as of yet, but thanks for reminding me to cash out my point balance.

I traded 4 copies in a 30 day window for multiple games Feb-Mar and definitely went over 1k, maybe 1.5k. No ban as of yet, but thanks for reminding me to cash out my point balance.

The dude went ragging to cs and now has the attention of loss prevention, which will be worse than the 90 day ban he would have been looking at. My guess is while he was flipping games from one store to the next, he caught the eye of a suspicious employee.

Nick, you have a 90 day ban for being a dumbass :) 7 cables? Come on, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back