GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last game I remember having a game coupon for preowned, was Watch Dogs. Guess they have to be flooded with preowned copies that never sell before we see a coupon like that again.

Anyone ever get any trouble from gs when trying to return a game bought with trade promo?

I want to return the division and get a amazon gift card to buy starfox, should I just pressed order starfox at game stop instead?

Haven't seen anyone mention this so apologies if it's a repeat but the current donation promotion does multiply the entire transactions point totals. I bought $250 worth of amazon gift cards, donated $1, and got 5060 power up rewards points.

I thought it was tripling the points but that math doesn't make sense to me. I'm probably missing something though.

Haven't seen anyone mentions this so apologies if it's a repeat but the current donation promotion does multiply the entire transactions point totals. I bought $250 worth of amazon gift cards, donated $1, and got 5060 power up rewards points.

I thought it was tripling the points but that math doesn't make sense to me. I'm probably missing something though.
d

Haven't seen anyone mention this so apologies if it's a repeat but the current donation promotion does multiply the entire transactions point totals. I bought $250 worth of amazon gift cards, donated $1, and got 5060 power up rewards points.

Does that work with store credit too?

It worked out correctly. You get double points on new merchandise right now (including POSA cards) so that's the 5,000 points. The $1 donation is 20 points (with the 2X bonus) multiplied by 3, which equals 60.

FYI just got an email from ebay about 8% ebay bucks on purchases of $100 or more. Ends 4/21/16 @ 11:59 PST. Time to roll giftcards.

If you haven't received the email, it should be on the banner on the home page if you received it.

A lot of users haven't received this weeks promo. It's really random.

I had to 10$ bonus for 2 XB1 or PS4 games, printed it, and now it's not in my active offers like the other stuff I printed.  Wonder if it'll still work.

Now through 4/30, buy 2 pre-owned games or accessories at $14.99+ & save $5.
Cgf6e4wXEAUGRXN.jpg

Now through 4/30, buy 2 pre-owned games or accessories at $14.99+ & save $5.
Cgf6e4wXEAUGRXN.jpg
FYI I can confirm this promo stacks with the 20% off coupon, a $ off cert, and the normal 10% PUR discount.

It rings up like this:

Most Expensive Game

-20% off coupon

-$ off cert

-2.50 off promo

-10% PUR

2nd Game

- 2.50 off promo

-10% PUR

It's not red flagged. It just vanishes and the employee can't find you in the system anymore. You can still create another account and do trade ins you just lose $15.00

Last game I remember having a game coupon for preowned, was Watch Dogs. Guess they have to be flooded with preowned copies that never sell before we see a coupon like that again.
Lol I checked both the app and computer versions of the coupon and didn't c where it specifically said new or preowned or any Mad Max...does GS even sell movies in store? Lol the coupon was just vaguely $20 off Mad Max lol

I went by tonight to use my trade 2 get the extra $10 offer and there was this lady in front of me buying a BO3 PS4 system for her kids. The guy asked whether she had a PUR card (she didn't) and while he repeatedly told her she didn't have to pay to get the points, she very stubbornly said no every time. I jumped in and was like "if she refuses then you can put it on my card" and the cashier was like "that's cool with me!". She was all for it and that was before she realized she got a discount on the used games she was buying with it. So I'll get a nice $400 worth of points for being at the right place at the right time. #winning

I went by tonight to use my trade 2 get the extra $10 offer and there was this lady in front of me buying a MW3 PS4 system for her kids. The guy asked whether she had a PUR card (she didn't) and while he repeatedly told her she didn't have to pay to get the points, she very stubbornly said no every time. I jumped in and was like "if she refuses then you can put it on my card" and the cashier was like "that's cool with me!". She was all for it and that was before she realized she got a discount on the used games she was buying with it. So I'll get a nice $400 worth of points for being at the right place at the right time. #winning
technically they are not allowed but he seemed to want to have a high pur/customer ratio. more power to you for capitalizing on that

technically they are not allowed but he seemed to want to have a high pur/customer ratio. more power to you for capitalizing on that
I've let people use my card all the time. It blows my mind to this day when I offer someone to let them use my card when they are buying a huge stack of games and don't accept it. One time this guy was buying probably 15 used games and I said you can use my card and save a ton of money for free and he flat out refused and seemed bothered.

I've let people use my card all the time. It blows my mind to this day when I offer someone to let them use my card when they are buying a huge stack of games and don't accept it. One time this guy was buying probably 15 used games and I said you can use my card and save a ton of money for free and he flat out refused and seemed bothered.
In their defense, they must be thinking:

jonathan-meme-generator-creepy-guy-creepy-intentions-b218e5-396x500.png

Somewhat related. Sometimes when I'm in a store I see someone buying something extremely over priced and tell them where they are get it cheaper. Most of the time people seem bothered that you're trying to save them money. They either say they are already in the store or it'll take too long to get to them. Ok, go ahead and spend 3x more for that printer.

Somewhat related. Sometimes when I'm in a store I see someone buying something extremely over priced and tell them where they are get it cheaper. Most of the time people seem bothered that you're trying to save them money. They either say they are already in the store or it'll take too long to get to them. Ok, go ahead and spend 3x more for that printer.
While it's all in good faith, a lot of people unintentionally try to justify their purchase because they can't handle being wrong. That or they think you're out to make them look like a fool in public.

While it's all in good faith, a lot of people unintentionally try to justify their purchase because they can't handle being wrong. That or they think you're out to make them look like a fool in public.
Some people are just busy and they need what they need when they need it. We can't all be cheap asses lol

Those people keep Gamestop afloat for us to take advantage of GS any chance we get. ($72 dollar trade in for splatoon, yes please GS)

It's not red flagged. It just vanishes and the employee can't find you in the system anymore. You can still create another account and do trade ins you just lose $15.00

Typically only when the coupon is purchased with PUR points.
So is there a limit to safely use other coupons? Like 2 or 3 per account? I have a friend with a code and can get it from him to use myself, but I thought these were linked to a pur account.

so, if i renew my PUR Pro, will i get all the coupons from this month again?. i know during an earlier 50% bump when i renewed it printed out a coupon code on the receipt. im particularly interested in the extra $10 coupon.

My local Gamestops tried to sell movies again a few years back. Then they removed them.
The only time I see movies is if it's like those movie+game versions at GS..like that Tekken Hybrid game that came with the movie....

For all we know from just reading the fine print, the coupon could be $20 off Mad Max movie at the stores that carry movies lolol but prolly not xD

so, if i renew my PUR Pro, will i get all the coupons from this month again?. i know during an earlier 50% bump when i renewed it printed out a coupon code on the receipt. im particularly interested in the extra $10 coupon.
So when I made my PUR Pro account, I did NOT receive the coupons for that month, so I don't think you will.

Are none of the PUR coupons able to be used online anymore? I just tried all of mine, adding the specific items required, and they all say "The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon." lol

Are none of the PUR coupons able to be used online anymore? I just tried all of mine, adding the specific items required, and they all say "The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon." lol
Are you talking about Active Offer coupons or CAG16 + SAVER? If the former, those coupons have never worked online; if the latter, they can both be used at seemingly random times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back