GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy TIV are listed too. This spreadsheet is a godsend. Only thing left to do is another sheet comparing flips between the 2 ;)
Thanks, BB to GS comparison is a coding hell because games are named so differently/wrong on the BB trade site and BB uses different skus between their TIV and new items as well which makes it hard to get TIV to new item comparisons.

Also for anyone wondering the GS TIV drop was an average of 24.30% on most PS4 and XBONE games only.

I bought 2 $50 Amazon cards yesterday. If they made any changes it may have happened today.
Bought a $25 Ebay gift card yesterday with no issues as well. I'd like to hear if anyone from California has tried getting a gift card today, I'd be really surprised if they don't anymore with credit.

Just got this in a email from Gamestop, i think someone mentioned this would happen just like BB does to non elite members with points.

You can now choose to save your points or “stockpile” them for something awesome in the PowerUp Rewards Catalog, or opt to automatically redeem your points for a $5, $10 or $15 reward certificate (valid in any GameStop location).

Reward certificates will be emailed around the first of every month and will also be available in your Active offers. Now, when you log into your PowerUp Rewards account, you’ll see a Reward Preference section where you can choose how you want to manage your points.

Please Note: If you choose to receive a reward certificate, (and qualify to receive one), the first certificates will be issued on or around June 1, 2016. If you don’t make a selection before 5/26/16, your selection will default to stockpile your points while you are Pro member.

Was gonna trade in my PS4 copy of FFX/X-2 HD for the Steam version that just came out, and of course they drop the base value by $3. Come on GameStop. Your values are literally worse than my local mom and pop shops now, so what's the point?

Was gonna trade in my PS4 copy of FFX/X-2 HD for the Steam version that just came out, and of course they drop the base value by $3. Come on GameStop. Your values are literally worse than my local mom and pop shops now, so what's the point?
They wanted to boost pre-orders without actually giving you 50% more....

you may have trouble trading it at all.

Since the title is not in the system I don't see anyway of finding it in their database by any search terms (tried RBI, Baseball, and Sign) and the UPC (865790000148) and SKUs (5084100 / 5233400) all point to "No Sign" :)ps4: Trackmania Turbo).

So, all of the Infinity stuff I have is worth $388.20 in base value in total, but I only want to trade all of it in if I get the 50% bonus from buying Doom.

Would they still give me that bonus for all of my stuff even if I end up with a ton of credit left over? Should end up being $621.20 for everything I have if values hold.

So, on GS website am I missing where it says the 50% extra kicks in at 9PM EST? I don't see it anywhere, just valid 5/12-5/15. Trying to unload some DI figs.

Edit: should add, my store will not take trades for midnight launches. County wide rule no trades after 9PM

So, all of the Infinity stuff I have is worth $388.20 in base value in total, but I only want to trade all of it in if I get the 50% bonus from buying Doom.

Would they still give me that bonus for all of my stuff even if I end up with a ton of credit left over? Should end up being $621.20 for everything I have if values hold.
They should give you the remaining credit on a gift card, yes.

you may have trouble trading it at all.

Since the title is not in the system I don't see anyway of finding it in their database by any search terms (tried RBI, Baseball, and Sign) and the UPC (865790000148) and SKUs (5084100 / 5233400) all point to "No Sign" ( :ps4: Trackmania Turbo).
Also doing an * search does not bring up the game.

Not sure if it was just my store or possibly more spread, but none of the 50$ Amazon/Kindle giftcards were working.

Had to buy a couple of the 25$ ones which strangely were working fine. (Even though the employee thought he pulled them all)
The $50's didnt work for me either
I originally read this as $50 gift cards weren't working when buying them with credit. Went in to cash out my credit and found out that the $50 amazon cards don't work period, even if I'm using cash money.

There is a huge difference between not working when you try with credit and not working at all.

Well that sucked I too $83 worth of stuff according to the app, got hit with $4 in refurb fees. Fine.

Didn't get the 50% promotion, showed the associate the flyer and she pointed out on her receipt that I did get it and her manager pointed it out as well. I got $65 in credit vs the $124

So I've never really had this happen I guess I could give them bad marks on the survey. I should have canceled the transaction and walked out

Well that sucked I too $83 worth of stuff according to the app, got hit with $4 in refurb fees. Fine.

Didn't get the 50% promotion, showed the associate the flyer and she pointed out on her receipt that I did get it and her manager pointed it out as well. I got $65 in credit vs the $124

So I've never really had this happen I guess I could give them bad marks on the survey. I should have canceled the transaction and walked out
definitely shouldnt have signed off on that

So if you didn't get it then what did they point out on the receipt?

Oh well there is a lesson learned from this. Looks like they gave me the 20% bonus toward Doom not the 50%

probably pointed out the 20%. the website still advertises 20% for doom, uncharted, etc. and then 50% for doom as well.
Yep they did that and I said that's not 50% and I felt like I was brushed off. You guys are right I should have canceled the transaction.

But at least I get Doom!

What has everyone's experience been like with the survey? I bought MLB The Show the other day and the dude working was a huge prick not only to me but to customer's he wasn't even helping

I originally read this as $50 gift cards weren't working when buying them with credit. Went in to cash out my credit and found out that the $50 amazon cards don't work period, even if I'm using cash money.

There is a huge difference between not working when you try with credit and not working at all.
People are taking it as if GS is preventing the transaction when it is likely Amazon that pulled the cards and GS has no control over this.

Just another lesson that you should walk in knowing exactly how much you should be getting with bonuses, so that you can cancel the transaction if something fishy happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back