GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know how to solve this error code when trying to purchase best buy gift cards on ebay?

Error Codes: 70245 70358 TRANSACTION_REFUSED

Anybody know how to solve this error code when trying to purchase best buy gift cards on ebay?

Error Codes:​
70245 70358 TRANSACTION_REFUSED​
Call paypal, spend about an hour getting transferred to 3 different people. Get very frustrated and then you'll get someone who knows what they are doing. Your probably buying too much at one time. What sucks is that now that your account raised a security flag, expect to run into that error code more frequently.

The problem with going this route. Is that you aren't really making much.

As you took your store credit, which in most states makes your purchases tax free, and converted it to eBay credit, then back to a GameStop gift card, which does require tax on purchases. So, you don't really get a 20% ROI on that. It's more like 11-15%.

Just FYI.
I'm pretty sure it's not even half the states.

Yeah I got denied Visas only twice. Both times they straight up asked me what I was using. I could have lied but they were the type that would notice and post void the whole transaction. Other places I didn't say anything. I swiped, hit the correct button and left. Easy
Being vague and just saying "a card" would have helped.

This was a good trade week,Ended up with $1075 in trade credit. And also have codes for Rainbow six vegas 1&2 and have a season pass code for siege on PS4 which i dont even own a ps4 lol

The problem with going this route. Is that you aren't really making much.

As you took your store credit, which in most states makes your purchases tax free, and converted it to eBay credit, then back to a GameStop gift card, which does require tax on purchases. So, you don't really get a 20% ROI on that. It's more like 11-15%.
Just FYI.
Wtf? You're turning $100 into $120 plus you'll earn some ebaybucks. Rinse & repeat. Dumbassgamer award goes to...

To me it is only worth it if I have nothing better to do but really I rather spend my time making real money.
To each their own right? Not everyone values their time in the same manner. Might also have to do with where some of us are in life too.

Since Sundays are their shortest days they can get by with 4 workers.

Yeah I was the one that reported this when I experimented over a year ago. Since their system links accounts, be sure to use this as a last resort though and on a completely different PUR account you've created.
Are you saying GS will link accts by name? I was thinking whatever number is on the id and the separate id numbers on different pur wouldn't receive a red flag.

To me it is only worth it if I have nothing better to do but really I rather spend my time making real money.
I see this kind of phrase said a lot. What kind of job can you do whenever you want and still make that kind of profit? And just be able to quit whenever without some repercussion?

Only thing that pops in my mind is Uber and that sounds awful.

I see this kind of phrase said a lot. What kind of job can you do whenever you want and still make that kind of profit? And just be able to quit whenever without some repercussion?

No time to buy a gift card, but time to write a post about how they're too busy making real money to spend time buying a gift card.

Are you saying GS will link accts by name? I was thinking whatever number is on the id and the separate id numbers on different pur wouldn't receive a red flag.
No. People will share names but not ID. So if you have two PUR accounts and you trade-in with the same ID, the system links both accounts together (and links both trade amounts together). So if you want to keep things separate consistently use one ID to one PUR and use the other ID to the second PUR.

Call paypal, spend about an hour getting transferred to 3 different people. Get very frustrated and then you'll get someone who knows what they are doing. Your probably buying too much at one time. What sucks is that now that your account raised a security flag, expect to run into that error code more frequently.
Currently on hold for 45mins now...

The time it took you to make that post, you could have bought the gcs with bonus $10 each. I was at gamestop this weekend for the trades and always keep eBay gcs on hand for eBay bucks or deals like this.

Free money is free but whatever floats peoples boats.

For those of you using your ebay credit to purchase these GS gift cards, do you ever run into trouble at the store turning the paper printout into more ebay cards?

edit: nevermind... I see its for physical cards and currently oos

To each their own right? Not everyone values their time in the same manner. Might also have to do with where some of us are in life too.
I've been self employed for several years, and if I don't put in the effort, that's my fault not wanting to get where I want in life. I completely understand and am thankful for this forum as it has helped but I also know what I have to do to not depend just on a few extra bucks. My goal is be making more then the cop that bragged he was making $90k a year but it won't happen by watching these forums on a daily basis and spending money on things we just backlog away.

edit - again i'm not perfect, I spent $5 not long after this post...

App/game/web development, graphic design, online marketing, video production. I do most of that from home. Video production at least gets me out of the house/area, when I want. My focus lately is just web related work. Uber around here is just a waste of time but it is an option at least (I know a few drivers, enough said). Last time I drove a group of people (a few band members from "I Prevail"), really made me think that I didn't want the responsibility of others in my vehicle.

You need to ask for a supervisor and ask for a manager override. I did this 2 days ago to purchase $300 in BB gc.
We'll they told me to wait an hour but if it doesn't work after that, then I guess I'll call them back. So as soon as I get ahold of them I can just ask for a supervisor override?

Is there another way to use those gift cards from ebay?
You can still probably use them to buy Amazon/Ebay/Visa gift cards, but there's no way around asking the employee if you can do so in the first place, as the employee has to scan each one individually. In my earlier post, I was just trying to allude to the fact that physical GS gift cards are less conspicuous as you can just swipe them on the debit/credit card reader. Maybe most Gamestop stores don't even care whether we are buying gift cards using GS credit/gift cards. Maybe we're just paranoid. I just know that we have a good thing going, as I can't think of any other retailer that allows you to use in-store credit to purchase competitors' gift cards.

Gamestops in baycarea CA are not allowing buying gift cards with gift cards now. Tried to be stealth and they are peeking over counter and stuff. The memo is going around.

:(

You could try putting a credit card/debit card, over your gift card to be more stealthy.
or keep your PUR card in your fly, im sure once you unzip they wont be so eager to keep peeking.

edit: nevermind, bay area, probably not a good idea

No. People will share names but not ID. So if you have two PUR accounts and you trade-in with the same ID, the system links both accounts together (and links both trade amounts together). So if you want to keep things separate consistently use one ID to one PUR and use the other ID to the second PUR.
Got it. Seems like the safest thing to do is get a state I'd since I assume its number is different from my DL.passport would seem weird to me. They record an id for any tradeins to so it would be a hassle to carry it around as well. Thanks for the info

I told the employee that I had multiple games but for different platforms. She said she didn't care. Other times when they mention it I says" I'm within policy right? " And they say " yes" to which I respond would we be able to make this process as quick as possible?" Which usually speeds up the process and gets any junior detectives off my ass.

Wow did y'all trade in 4 copies of the same game (different platforms) at each store cuz I don't have the guts to do that
I usually max out my GCU limit for games I know I'll never play. That meant 12 copies of Minecraft (3 for each platform).

I got rejected for trading in more than one at 2 locations. The others they either didn't care or I just said I do a lot of trading online and these are the leftovers.

i did one rainbow 6 x1 and ps4. cashier was like damn you play the same game on two platform.
Lol I had one minecraft for ps3 and one for 360 but put one on top of all the games and the other all the way at the bottom. Sometimes they'd bring up some smartass comments but didn't happen this time since I didn't do 3 or 4 of the same game

Got it. Seems like the safest thing to do is get a state I'd since I assume its number is different from my DL.passport would seem weird to me. They record an id for any tradeins to so it would be a hassle to carry it around as well. Thanks for the info
I don't remember for sure exactly but when I looked up CA state ID, you can't have a DL and a state ID at the same time. It seems like it's meant for people that don't drive. Your driver's license essentially acts as your state ID. Passport is global so it kind of makes sense that you can't have a state ID and driver's license ID at the same time.

I usually max out my GCU limit for games I know I'll never play. That meant 12 copies of Minecraft (3 for each platform).

I got rejected for trading in more than one at 2 locations. The others they either didn't care or I just said I do a lot of trading online and these are the leftovers.
Why? cuz they know you?

Why? cuz they know you?
No none of them know me. I tried spreading them out inbetween games but it does look weird to have 4 copies of a game instead of like 2. They just say it's an anti theft policy, even though they are different platforms. None were ever mean about it. I just let it go and not argue.

The others either didn't say a word or were simply just curious, because it honestly does look odd. As long as you are friendly back (I commented on their FF XV shirts) and have a reasonable excuse lined up, they move on with the trade in.

No none of them know me. I tried spreading them out inbetween games but it does look weird to have 4 copies of a game instead of like 2. They just say it's an anti theft policy, even though they are different platforms. None were ever mean about it. I just let it go and not argue.

The others either didn't say a word or were simply just curious, because it honestly does look odd. As long as you are friendly back (I commented on their FF XV shirts) and have a reasonable excuse lined up, they move on with the trade in.
I'm just worried about being called a slickdealer and raise suspision which could lead to my account being red flagged

I'm just worried about being called a slickdealer and raise suspision which could lead to my account being red flagged
You'd have to get super unlucky. They don't get paid enough to deal/care with that. The only important thing for most associates is that they don't do something that would get them fired.

Well just a word of caution, ebay giftcards are not the way to go. No I got a useless $150 ebay gift card that I cant use for another 24hrs.

I don't remember for sure exactly but when I looked up CA state ID, you can't have a DL and a state ID at the same time. It seems like it's meant for people that don't drive. Your driver's license essentially acts as your state ID. Passport is global so it kind of makes sense that you can't have a state ID and driver's license ID at the same time.
That sounds odd. Illinois, you can have both. My cousin had a state id, DL, Passport and Military ID at the same time. Walmart didn't take his Military ID.

That's the way Ohio is also. One or the other, but not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back