GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
But if they do go out of business, and this thread is closed, how/where will you bitch about it?

EDIT - To be fair, I shouldn't be singling you out. There are a LOT of people that love to hate on this for-profit business. :)
There are a lot of legitimate reasons for hating on Gamestop, like adding in a product/service that the customer did not agree to purchase (which is illegal, and could create grounds for a class action especially if DMs are encouraging such behavior), but simple supply and demand issues hardly gives cause for that reaction.

There are a lot of legitimate reasons for hating on Gamestop, like adding in a product/service that the customer did not agree to purchase (which is illegal, and could create grounds for a class action especially if DMs are encouraging such behavior), but simple supply and demand issues hardly gives cause for that reaction.
Less competition is bad. We all know the future of Best Buy is questionable and isn't in certain areas which will leave us with Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Target and some others. With the possible future of digital only gaming and so many bankruptcies Gamestop's death would be a major blow.

Yes, Gamestop has some shitty practices but using supply and demand to raise and decrease prices should not be one of them. The opening of new games and selling them new, the amount of waste generated in donate able products, Gamestop shipping the wrong game, customer service mistakes(exists in all if not most stores), Gamestop refurbishing quality, employee abuse(taking a item that was on hold), putting extra services or warranties on items and the list goes on and on.

Well they have another mystery bag on PowerUp Rewards

This mystery grab bag contains mystery items from PAX East, Nintendo, Uncharted 4, and Street Fighter. Limited quantities!

Has anybody gotten the free $5 Gamestop gift card when purchasing a $30 Netflix card?

It states that the deal expires on 7/24
I'll try it as soon as those stupid gift cards from Cardency get here.

Has anybody gotten the free $5 Gamestop gift card when purchasing a $30 Netflix card?

It states that the deal expires on 7/24
I'll try it as soon as those stupid gift cards from Cardency get here.
I did it tonight. The cashier rang up the $5 gift card, and the system automatically knocked the Netflix card down to $25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may have already been mentioned but there is a page showing $25 extra trade credit towards Pokémon products.  It seems like an incredible trade-in deal from what I can tell, so I must be missing something.  There are games on the list that trade in for less than $25 so you would be more than doubling your trade value in a lot of cases.  Obviously, you're limited on what you can buy (supposedly), but they do list iTunes and Google Play GC's.  Specifically, my son was interested in trading in Pokémon X for a newer Pokémon game and this looks like it would make the new game free if the base trade value holds up.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade#25pokemon

This may have already been mentioned but there is a page showing $25 extra trade credit towards Pokémon products. It seems like an incredible trade-in deal from what I can tell, so I must be missing something. There are games on the list that trade in for less than $25 so you would be more than doubling your trade value in a lot of cases. Obviously, you're limited on what you can buy (supposedly), but they do list iTunes and Google Play GC's. Specifically, my son was interested in trading in Pokémon X for a newer Pokémon game and this looks like it would make the new game free if the base trade value holds up.

What I take from that is the people saying no trade credit towards virtual gaming currency are full of shit.

It's not $25 extra, but just get $25 tiv for the games. Most of those games already have $25 tiv too. Classic GameStop.
that being said there should be some good opportunities in that list.

This may have already been mentioned but there is a page showing $25 extra trade credit towards Pokémon products. It seems like an incredible trade-in deal from what I can tell, so I must be missing something. There are games on the list that trade in for less than $25 so you would be more than doubling your trade value in a lot of cases. Obviously, you're limited on what you can buy (supposedly), but they do list iTunes and Google Play GC's. Specifically, my son was interested in trading in Pokémon X for a newer Pokémon game and this looks like it would make the new game free if the base trade value holds up.

Looks like Fifa 16 XB1 trades in for $25 with that. Nice flip for anyone who got in on the BB DOTD that happened a few days ago

Are the eBay bucks promotions a rare sight during the early portions of a quarter? Seems like last month there was a promo at least once a week.

Are the eBay bucks promotions a rare sight during the early portions of a quarter? Seems like last month there was a promo at least once a week.
We only started to see them around the end of April which was the first month of last quarter. I do not know if that is a trend from previous quarters.

It's not $25 extra, but just get $25 tiv for the games. Most of those games already have $25 tiv too. Classic GameStop.
that being said there should be some good opportunities in that list.
Thanks for the clarification. Not sure why I read it as bonus $25 credit. That would have been too good to be true.

It is definitely interesting that they are essentially validating the practice of buying GC's with trade credit.

Yeah, it's a trend to not have any promos during the first weeks of the eBay bucks spend months. There is a chance of a promo next week, though.

Got a coupon code for '5% off any pre-owned game with a trade-in' in my email.

Lol...
It's universal and multi-use. EBC3052622

5% Off: Offer valid 7/15/16 through 7/17/16. Valid on Pre-Owned software only. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice

So how long is GameStop allowed to hold things for people? I literally called right when they opened and they said the item in question was on hold for someone. That's BS, I can see holding it for the remainder of the day but for multiple days?

Gamestop employees shifts start before the store opens. If someone did a pickup online before the store opened, the employee would get it processed before the store opens.

I once put up a hold on a DBZ Pop and received the no stock BS email after 4hours. Later on that day I went to the same store and asked about the hold and I was told that they didn't have it. Three days later I went to a different store and asked if they had the same Pop figure and they said no, but they offered to call the original store I went to because it was showing as in-stock on their tablet. They called and they found out that it was on hold for an employee. During all this time it was showing as in-stock on the website, but not holdable. 

I learned from this that Gamestop employees are asses and never ever trust them on holding something.

Why do they even allow the holding of items? I'm trying to purchase the item NOW, so why would you let some other bozo hold it hostage when he might not even buy it? Just really ticks me off

Why do they even allow the holding of items? I'm trying to purchase the item NOW, so why would you let some other bozo hold it hostage when he might not even buy it? Just really ticks me off
Are you questioning the concept of holding? It's to get a customer into the store since they know that they will have at least 1 item to purchase when they arrive. This isn't exclusive to GameStop as most retailers have a form of holding though most other retailers require a temporary payment for it as well.

I use the web hold system sometimes to catch pre-owned copies of newly released games, but I always go that same day to pick it up. I can understand it might be frustrating, especially when it stops you from purchasing the game / item, but it's just a service to help out customers (and gamestop of course).

I've also had gamestop give away on-hold copies. It's happened to me twice, but only once did it affect me. The other time I walked in the store to pick it up, and they saw it was on hold. They said "Well, we're not suppose to, but since you're here I can sell it to you" only to realize it was me that it was on hold for...

I use the web hold system sometimes to catch pre-owned copies of newly released games, but I always go that same day to pick it up. I can understand it might be frustrating, especially when it stops you from purchasing the game / item, but it's just a service to help out customers (and gamestop of course).
Web hold is fine, it takes the game out of inventory. Phone hold still shows it as available at that store.

Are you questioning the concept of holding? It's to get a customer into the store since they know that they will have at least 1 item to purchase when they arrive. This isn't exclusive to GameStop as most retailers have a form of holding though most other retailers require a temporary payment for it as well.
That's fine, but hold it for the remainder of the day, not multiple days. And I know Best Buy and Walmart don't hold games for people.

Best buy does in store pick up and holds the pick up for 7 days. Ive never had an issue with bb in store pick up. Gs is like a 50/50 thing to the point where i just dont even bother.

So I called back that GS and now he put the item on hold for me, despite it supposedly being on hold for someone else three hours ago. Yet he says he can't ship it to a closer store because they just did an inventory and can't ship things for a week? Are they just BSing me? Sounds very shady

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back