GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmph. I got emailed - 

Super Smash Bros Wii U - 30.00

Bravely Default - 27.50

Pokemon Heart Gold - 27.50

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 25.00

This could pan out quite well.

Well, system denied me on both eBay and Shell GC's. Both cashiers were very nice and tried to push it through manually but no go. Tried paying using a trade card, gift card, and then finally a PUR card but no dice. Any other NH/MA folks have luck recently?

Yes gift card to eBay recently in MA. I don't know when but I possted it a above.

Hmph. I got emailed -

Super Smash Bros Wii U - 30.00

Bravely Default - 27.50

Pokemon Heart Gold - 27.50

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 25.00

This could pan out quite well.

I have donkey kong tf for $12, super mario all stars $12 and mlb 2k13 360 @ $25.
Thanks updated these except Bravely Default as it was taken off the website I think last week so I have no current data for it. And again this sheet is a projection for tomorrow 7/22 and 7/30 based off the emails going out today to people.

I got these from emails we received:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $35

Mario Kart 8 $30

Zelda Twilight Princess HD $30

Star Fox Zero $30

NSMB/Luigi U $30

Mario Maker $30

Super Smash Bros U $30 (wheres the bump?)

Uncharted 4 $25 (also no bump?)

Also should note that the fine print says the "top values" expire on 8/14 so it is possible the values could hold beyond the weekend.... (crosses fingers for some kind of 50% promo staking with high values like last 2 years)

Sorry, he's completely wrong. You can send them back to BB via a return shipping label from BB.com customer care. You're not stuck with them, though returning them in-store may not work since the BB POS may see them as vendor-sourced items, which can't be returned back in-store. They're like a custom ordered item, so the POS rejects the return. Which is an issue I ran into with some MLB 16 copies that I wanted to return.
Please feel free to chime in.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Used-Game-Return-Policy/td-p/973874

I got these from emails we received:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $35

Mario Kart 8 $30

Zelda Twilight Princess HD $30

Star Fox Zero $30

NSMB/Luigi U $30

Mario Maker $30

Super Smash Bros U $30 (wheres the bump?)

Uncharted 4 $25 (also no bump?)

Also should note that the fine print says the "top values" expire on 8/14 so it is possible the values could hold beyond the weekend.... (crosses fingers for some kind of 50% promo staking with high values like last 2 years)
50% promo wont work with cash. Also hopefully this are actual base bumps and not just a promo bump since that wont stack with the cash either

Didn't see this posted yet but you can get $200 for PS4 and $100 for N3DSXL without trading towards anything. Just got in my email and could not find an end date.

Em6t5Fr.jpg

Also checked the PS4 trade in price on Gamestop and showing $200: http://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-500gb-system-black/114375

Was going to wait until the end of the year to trade in my PS4 but think this is the best option besides if they do a trade up promotion and would not have to return a console to get the money back.

Didn't see this posted yet but you can get $200 for PS4 and $100 for N3DSXL without trading towards anything. Just got in my email and could not find an end date.

Em6t5Fr.jpg

Also checked the PS4 trade in price on Gamestop and showing $200: http://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-500gb-system-black/114375

Was going to wait until the end of the year to trade in my PS4 but think this is the best option besides if they do a trade up promotion and would not have to return a console to get the money back.
Those have been the values on those for a few weeks now.

50% promo wont work with cash. Also hopefully this are actual base bumps and not just a promo bump since that wont stack with the cash either
I know.

Where did I say I wanted cash? Yuck!

Using a $30 game as an example, I would take $48 credit over $33 cash any day. Also, the last time I went hog wild on cash trades (March 19-20) I got trade banned for 3 months.

I bought 2 red dead redemptions from BB for $8.99 + tax. One came in a generic case and the other was a GOTY. Tempted to give them the GOTY edition.
In your situation, I would definitely trade in the GOTY and keep the regular version. If you want the Undead Nightmare later on, it will be no more than $9.99 on the Xbox store. If you dont, you get the base game plus ~$8 profit.

Edit: seeing Vic's post above, maybe it's worth just trading the base game for $13 and keeping the GOTY plus ~$6. Decisions, decisions.

I hope these are not promo TIV these games are either the same today or less:

UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End
Grand Theft Auto V
Dark Souls III
Overwatch Origins Edition
Super Smash Bros.
Far Cry Primal

In your situation, I would definitely trade in the GOTY and keep the regular version. If you want the Undead Nightmare later on, it will be no more than $9.99 on the Xbox store. If you dont, you get the base game plus ~$8 profit.

Edit: seeing Vic's post above, maybe it's worth just trading the base game for $13 and keeping the GOTY for ~$6. Decisions, decisions.
Thanks yeah. I think I'll just trade in the base game. Makes my GOTY version free plus some extra cash.

I do but I can't go crazy with it because you're only suppose to trade at your home store so cant do several flips of a single title.
Haha that's awesome. Glad to see even the employees getting in on the action!! But man it sucks that Mario Maker is shipping only around me now...Will these bumps really last til the 14th of August? There's no way they'd have the bump + cash promo that long right? Please be too good to be true but actually be true! I might order some Mario Makers for shipping if it really will last that long.

^I would guess that they copy/pasted the cash same as credit paragraph and that the values will only last through Tuesday.

..I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though.

Haha that's awesome. Glad to see even the employees getting in on the action!! But man it sucks that Mario Maker is shipping only around me now...Will these bumps really last til the 14th of August? There's no way they'd have the bump + cash promo that long right? Please be too good to be true but actually be true! I might order some Mario Makers for shipping if it really will last that long.
Need to build up to Elite Plus for free 2 day shipping on any size order. I ordered 2 each of Super Mario Maker and Star Fox Zero and not only was I able to order them on early on Wed but they already arrived today (Thursday) a day early.

This could work out great with the 20% bonus trade credit towards collectibles promo.
Does anyone know what exactly counts as a "collectible?" Would any of the pins, etc, that are pretty cheap count? If not, I would think one of the $5 pop figures would trigger it.

EDIT: I see each of my local stores has the 97 cent Star Wars tote bags showing available for pick up. The website lists them as "collectible." I will try with one of those.

Just search "Uncharted" and sort the results by lowest price. The three lowest priced (I think they're two stickers and a pin) are in stock at every nearby GS and count as a collectible while only costing $0.27.

This could work out great with the 20% bonus trade credit towards collectibles promo.
Does anyone know what exactly counts as a "collectible?" Would any of the pins, etc, that are pretty cheap count? If not, I would think one of the $5 pop figures would trigger it.

EDIT: I see each of my local stores has the 97 cent Star Wars tote bags showing available for pick up. The website lists them as "collectible." I will try with one of those.
Yeah, pretty much anything that's not a game, accessory, system or phone. Any of the clothing, toys, figures, keychains, lanyards, or other oddball things count towards the extra 20%. I have a friend who absolutely loves Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy, so I picked up a 1.97 Dorbz figure to trigger the 20% bonus.

As a plus, it's still hilarious when the cashier tells you your trade credit and looks super-confused when they ring something up and the trade credit goes way up instead of down.

So none of the values are updated on the site. I'm guessing we all just got emails early and the values will actually be live next week.

App updates around 3am EST I'm pretty sure.

Also, I don't think it's gonna be a bump on the register. That's not how it's been done before, the values were boosted on app and the site whenever we had stealth bumps. But if it is a bump, then we can expect not to get the same cash=credit values. Something I noticed was odd though was the TIV for ALBW was $17 iirc and is now $15. Can anyone verify? Maybe they just nuked some stuff

And shit. There goes half the dream. Transformers got nuked to $7 and Nobunaga's Ambition got nuked to $10. Damn you BBY!!

App updates around 3am EST I'm pretty sure.

Also, I don't think it's gonna be a bump on the register. That's not how it's been done before, the values were boosted on app and the site whenever we had stealth bumps. But if it is a bump, then we can expect not to get the same cash=credit values. Something I noticed was odd though was the TIV for ALBW was $17 iirc and is now $15. Can anyone verify? Maybe they just nuked some stuff

And shit. There goes half the dream. Transformers got nuked to $7 and Nobunaga's Ambition got nuked to $10. Damn you BBY!!
I think one time it actually was a promo bump. Once of the first times they did it. (maybe the time GT6 was a boomerang?)

It's definitely better to share. The values most likely get nuked regardless when the people that do know about the values trade in a bunch. It just means you gotta do your trades faster. Really sucks though because I did plan to make some rounds for the Trans and Nobu's :(

I was saying to share it. Yeah bb always nukes the values like twice during the week so i didnt wait around this time. I did one before Wednesday and another yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back