GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
No one is understanding what I am saying as usual.
i understand this, nobody is going to trade in an xbox one for $100, so we just keep waiting til we get a better offer somewhere else and then gamestop doesnt get the sale on the new xbox s or the opportunity to sell a used xbox one for more than they paid for it.

If gamestop wanted more Xbox one's they would be offering more than $100 for them. They aren't in need for more of them atm.

Now there could still be a deal if Microsoft wants to pay for some of it. Get an extra $50 or something.

i understand this, nobody is going to trade in an xbox one for $100, so we just keep waiting til we get a better offer somewhere else and then gamestop doesnt get the sale on the new xbox s or the opportunity to sell a used xbox one for more than they paid for it.
Oh lots of people do. Lots even took $80 cash for one.

The people who shop there aren't the smartest and just want quick cash.

Oh lots of people do. Lots even took $80 cash for one.

The people who shop there aren't the smartest and just want quick cash.
that just seems nuts to me, you would think they would at least think about how much they paid for it versus what they are getting back. i guess theft and drug use factors in as well though.

that just seems nuts to me, you would think they would at least think about how much they paid for it versus what they are getting back. i guess theft and drug use factors in as well though.
Partly. I get Xbox ones traded in all the time. At one point we had 35 used Xbox ones in stock.

Gonna pick up a couple Wii U games from BB and hope that the bump actually happens next weekend.

Question BlackBeard... on your chart, you list a 20% bonus on top of PUR Day values.  Where does that bump come from?

Gonna pick up a couple Wii U games from BB and hope that the bump actually happens next weekend.

Question BlackBeard... on your chart, you list a 20% bonus on top of PUR Day values. Where does that bump come from?
I threw the 20% "Collectables" and "Song of the Deep" Bonus in there because I thought it was happening today. It it is not calculated by stacking the PUR day values. I'm going to leave it in their for now in case another credit promo happens after 7/27.

I threw the 20% "Collectables" and "Song of the Deep" Bonus in there because I thought it was happening today. It it is not calculated by stacking the PUR day values. I'm going to leave it in their for now in case another credit promo happens after 7/27.
Gotcha. I actually am just gonna pick up Mario Maker, Star Fox Zero, and Metal Gear Solid V and hold until next week's PUR day. If another promo pops up, great. I have all of this Best Buy credit and no games to use it on. Already have Battlefield, etc. paid for

I can't believe there are still people dumb enough to let GS rip them off like that.
They're casual consumers. They're the most likely to pay retail price on electronics and entertainment. Food they will use coupons on and other stuff but they don't really shop around when it comes to entertainment value. Us CAGers we're gamers and game collectors. It's our hobby and we like to find deals to make our $$$ go far to enjoy our hobby.

They're casual consumers. They're the most likely to pay retail price on electronics and entertainment. Food they will use coupons on and other stuff but they don't really shop around when it comes to entertainment value. Us CAGers we're gamers and game collectors. It's our hobby and we like to find deals to make our $$$ go far to enjoy our hobby.
And not that I want people to "get ripped off" by Gamestop, but we need that type of consumer to allow us to even exist. If everyone who shopped at Gamestop waited for promotions so they could make a profit, Gamestop wouldn't exist

I decided to just go ahead and trade in Star Fox today, as I wanted an eShop card for the Sonic sale for the 3DS. I also picked up a used Dead Island for PS4 that actually had an unused code so I'm pretty happy with that trip out and deciding to just go today.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this topic but if you've hit the limit on Mario Maker and Star Fox, Best Buy has some Disney Infinity figures on clearance that are good BB credit-to-cash movers. They're $1.99 or $2.99 + tax (before GCU) depending on the figure, and sell for $3.85 cash at GS. Some of the ones that work are Poe, Obi-Wan, Ultron, Hulkbuster(?), Sabine, Ezra(?), Kanan, and Zeb.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this topic but if you've hit the limit on Mario Maker and Star Fox, Best Buy has some Disney Infinity figures on clearance that are good BB credit-to-cash movers. They're $1.99 or $2.99 + tax (before GCU) depending on the figure, and sell for $3.85 cash at GS. Some of the ones that work are Poe, Obi-Wan, Ultron, Hulkbuster(?), Sabine, Ezra(?), Kanan, and Zeb.
Thanks!

GS has the figures on sale now for $5 so I'd expect these to drop by Monday. If you're ordering these from BB online, I think you're going to end up wasting your time.

Is GS not accepting Star Fox Guard tradeins?? Or is it listed as something else lol can't find it on the app.  Was surprised all 3 Star Fox Zero copies I got today from BB are the first run/dayprint/whatever copies that came with the physical disc for SFG instead of a download code. 

GS has the figures on sale now for $5 so I'd expect these to drop by Monday. If you're ordering these from BB online, I think you're going to end up wasting your time.
Yeah I wouldn't buy them online, I just got like 10 of them at a local store.

Is GS not accepting Star Fox Guard tradeins?? Or is it listed as something else lol can't find it on the app. Was surprised all 3 Star Fox Zero copies I got today from BB are the first run/dayprint/whatever copies that came with the physical disc for SFG instead of a download code.
Not listed in the app but they give $2.00 base for Star Fox Guard. And as far as I know, physical copies of SFZ have always come with physical copies of Guard, never a download code.

Rest in peace in peace?????????????????????????????????
tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

Not listed in the app but they give $2.00 base for Star Fox Guard. And as far as I know, physical copies of SFZ have always come with physical copies of Guard, never a download code.
Oh ok, lol then wikipedia is wrong roflmao. Someone had put that there & their "proof" from vg247.com is some article that says "The limited First Print edition includes both games on separate discs and is the only way to purser a physical copy of Star Fox Guard." near the bottom lol.

So I found some flyers for another Pokemon Go trade promo and preowned promo. It mentions if you show a screen cap of Pokemon Go on your phone, you get a 10% bonus credit for "any" trade in, or 10% off a preowned game. It had a barcode on the bottom that I tried to scan and enter manually in a mock transaction, but it wouldn't go through. I couldn't find when this promotion starts unfortunately.

And there will be a 4 for $40 on preowned select games starting next Monday, 7/25.

Website is as well for me.

Looks like no additional DI bump and no last gen games I had on my list to check have been bumped.

A couple of bumps that I haven't seen listed:

Rise of Tomb Raider XB1 $25/27.50
Hyrule Warriors 3DS 22.50/24.75

Also, I haven't gotten these emails, but the emails you are receiving indicate that these values will stay the same through next weekend? I want to trade Star Fox and Mario Maker, but I can wait until next weekend if values will be even higher.

Can you buy and use gamersclub unlocked right away in-store or does it take a bit to activate for the discount?
It's immediate. Only restriction on buying it is if you do it online you get it on anything bought at the same time but then have to take the card they mail you in store for it to work on future purchases.

It's immediate. Only restriction on buying it is if you do it online you get it on anything bought at the same time but then have to take the card they mail you in store for it to work on future purchases.
I don't believe this is correct, I ordered it online a month or so ago along with fallout 4. Never received a card in the mail and I still get the discount on any order I place. They never even said anything about shipping a card in the mail.

I don't believe this is correct, I ordered it online a month or so ago along with fallout 4. Never received a card in the mail and I still get the discount on any order I place. They never even said anything about shipping a card in the mail.
I ordered it about a month ago and had to physically take the card in store before it worked and considering it says in store activation required I would continue to operate off the assumption that it is required (even if it's a silly thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back