GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on now. Your original question says what do i do in this situation? Youre being as general as possible about something thats very cut and dry. Then youre acting naive about peoples responses. Quit being coy through the internet. Cookie monster gave you a solution. The end.
Cookie Monster gave me a solution I can't use or I would 😥

I was talking to the other guy. I cant quote from the tapatalk app. I didnt bother to realize cookie was answering nightmare's question. But my comment was in regards to the gift card Walmart nonsense. Confidance i'm not flaming you. Youre flaming us. Quit it.

I was talking to the other guy. I cant quote from the tapatalk app. I didnt bother to realize cookie was answering nightmare's question. But my comment was in regards to the gift card Walmart nonsense. Confidance i'm not flaming you. Youre flaming us. Quit it.
I ask a question. You refused to answer. You failed to properly discredit my statement in your attempt to put it down. And then say I'm the one flaming.

Makes sense

Burned a manager today because she refused a return on a system I bought last night. She didn't give me the right HDD nor power cord for the brick. I'm at a loss for words about my experience.
If I had to guess someone prior to you bought the console used , took the cord , and then swapped out the the HDD. They prob retaped , returned it and the employee didn't open it to check. I would fight that one tooth and nail.

I did another small trade in(less than $500atm) today, no ban. I had a small trade in when i exceeded the $500 limit and less than $600 one week ago.

If I had to guess someone prior to you bought the console used , took the cord , and then swapped out the the HDD. They prob retaped , returned it and the employee didn't open it to check. I would fight that one tooth and nail.
I didn't verify the contents because this is a manager I know and she swears up and down she check the HDD and whatever else. Store won't budge and I can't return to another because of the HDD discrepancy. Their customer service was a dead end so I just burned her on the survey. 😥

I didn't verify the contents because this is a manager I know and she swears up and down she check the HDD and whatever else. Store won't budge and I can't return to another because of the HDD discrepancy. Their customer service was a dead end so I just burned her on the survey.
If she swears up and down that she checked the hdd and whatever else then ask her the specific date and time she personally took it in as a return or a trade in. Seriously that is an issue that should resolved at a store level. Everyone resorts to "burning them" on a survey because of what they read on here and if that's the last resort and you're ready to get the dm on the phone the by all means do it. In your case, if what you're saying is true then you got screwed.

This was brought up in another thread. eBay gift cards can no longer be used to buy other gift cards. RIP free eBay bucks.

Someone in the BB trade in thread mentioned the idea of buying items off of BB's eBay page and then returning it in store for in store credit. That could be a loophole but I wouldn't abuse it too much.

I think I'm just going to hold onto my credit until I can find things I want, like a cheap PS Vita.

This was brought up in another thread. eBay gift cards can no longer be used to buy other gift cards. RIP free eBay bucks.

Someone in the BB trade in thread mentioned the idea of buying items off of BB's eBay page and then returning it in store for in store credit. That could be a loophole but I wouldn't abuse it too much.

I think I'm just going to hold onto my credit until I can find things I want, like a cheap PS Vita.
Woah! I actually just finished up using my eBay cards to buy other gift cards just a few days ago!! That was close!!

*shaq-fu!* This sucks major donkey balls!

I noticed today ebay did not give me any ebucks but I thought it was because the item I bought was under the eBayMotors category.
Its like every company is out to get us by going through this thread! I suggest we communicate via morse code or something lol.

Gotta keep them spies at bay and all.

*shaq-fu!* This sucks major donkey balls!

I noticed today ebay did not give me any ebucks but I thought it was because the item I bought was under the eBayMotors category.
Its like every company is out to get us by going through this thread! I suggest we communicate via morse code or something lol.

Gotta keep them spies at bay and all.
2016 is the worst year :(

How would he be at fault here, would you open up a sealed game or console to verify the disc or contents are in there before you leave the store ?
I actually do with any used purchases from Gamestop because there is such a high probability of being screwed over. You shouldn't have to do that so I wouldn't say it's his fault exactly, just something to learn from going forward.

I did the first time but I did not recently.
It's my first burn on the survey thing but I exhausted all other options before resorting to that and yes it's partly my fault but it is what it is, lesson learned. I'm just going to buy a HDD off eBay and do a return with that hard drive.

It's my first burn on the survey thing but I exhausted all other options before resorting to that and yes it's partly my fault but it is what it is, lesson learned. I'm just going to buy a HDD off eBay and do a return with that hard drive.
According to the worker at the time the current District Manager quit so I don't even know if my message reached anyone. I asked another store and they verified that he quit or was fired. I was told the store and the DM reads the surveys but I am guessing since there isn't one the employee decided to shrug it off.

Well out of $30.

According to the worker at the time the current District Manager quit so I don't even know if my message reached anyone. I asked another store and they verified that he quit or was fired. I was told the store and the DM reads the surveys but I am guessing since there isn't one the employee decided to shrug it off.
I doubt i will receive a message or call either way. Just got that feeling. :-({|= :whistle2:( :bs: :wall: :nottalking:

I doubt i will receive a message or call either way. Just got that feeling. :-({|= :whistle2:( :bs: :wall: :nottalking:
Know what you mean I thought they wouldn't didn't called customer service told me to get a refund at store tried via email and they don't respond back. Getting charged three times for a single item is a bitch. I hate most Gamestop employees. Need to pay more attention to my receipts and never trust employees to do their job properly.

Maybe another store can help. I'm going to try that later.

I went back to the store and they said there was nothing they could do plus they had penny items that would not sell. God I was pissed.

Honestly I feel that you're at fault here. You should have verified the contents of the box before you left the store.
You should be able to trust people. I have to open new games and check used game discs now. I got burned to many times and should not have to be careful when buying things.

Doom is a flip to Best Buy.

So does this apply to gift card listings not sold by paypaldigitalgifts too?
BalfourRage posted this in the other thread.

"The Gift Card may not be used to pay eBay or PayPal service fees. The Gift Card also may not be used to buy eBay Gift Cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots)."

dumb question of the hour

how many systems can you trade in before you get banned? or has no one tried it

I have traded in 2 DS lite systems in the past few weeks and was wondering if the limit is 4 like everything else

Looks like GS has dropped the upcoming Nintendo Selects games to $17.49 for used copies, I wanted a first print of Lego City Undercover so I went ahead and got it used instead.

Anyone know of any good boomerangs or + values for BB to game stop that are not pre owned Nintendo game.  My best buy doesnt carry used nintendo games at all sadly.

anyone have any idea how long before GS finally rolls out their retro trade-ins nationwide? Im on the west coast and have been waiting forever to trade stuff in...I mean its already been a year and a half.

anyone have any idea how long before GS finally rolls out their retro trade-ins nationwide? Im on the west coast and have been waiting forever to trade stuff in...I mean its already been a year and a half.
The values are really bad. It's under $15 for almost any game that's not a square rpg or Nintendo first party game. I asked to look up some higher priced Saturn games once and they were all $10-15 for $100 games.

There are plenty of people everywhere looking to give cash for these games. Not sure why you'd be waiting around for GameStop.

Can someone remind me of the trade-in requirements for an Xbox One?  It's not in the OP (or I couldn't find it).  I know you need the power brick/cable and controller, but do you also need an HDMI cable or USB cable?  Anything else?

If your Gamestop accepts Retro trades, it's a great place to send your accessories. They take the N64 memory expansions for a lot, plus some other items here and there are def. worth it. Keep your rarities for online selling though. I had a nice buy the other day at one-they had an N64 copy of worms armageddon for around $107 after PUR

If your Gamestop accepts Retro trades, it's a great place to send your accessories. They take the N64 memory expansions for a lot, plus some other items here and there are def. worth it. Keep your rarities for online selling though. I had a nice buy the other day at one-they had an N64 copy of worms armageddon for around $107 after PUR
anyway to check online for stores that accept retro stuff?

Bump for a bump eh.
Free PS4s and MORE! Ya just gotta put in a little work. That's all!

p1wtYRc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back