GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I went in and wanted to trade in some stuff, but they couldn't get my PUR account (or any other account) by my card or by looking up my number. After they rebooted their computers they looked up my info via the phone number and were able to process my trade in, but scanning the card didn't work. My info is fine on the app and the correct balance shows up when looking up my card balance on the website. Anyone ever have this happen? I'll go to another GS later to test scanning the card it when I get a chance. I'd really prefer to not have to read my phone number out loud at every GS I go to if I could avoid it.

Is $125 the best we're going to see for console trade-in values on current gen systems anymore? I'd really like to get back to $150 again for Xbox One and $200 for PS4. I'm guessing both of those are gone for good? I know i'm asking for pure speculation here, but people in this thread probably have a decent handle on how these trade values fluctuate.
just depends if Sony or Microsoft decide to partner up again to move some old consoles out. I don't really see it happening though, Microsoft has zero incentive to get people to move from xbox one to xbone one S and Sony doesn't seem to give two shits whether people buy a PS4 Pro or not.

Last few times both companies partnered up with Gamestop / Best Buy / etc and bumped up trade values to $200-250, with the new MSRP floor of $299 I just don't see it happening. Maaaaaybe you see a promo to get a few more ps3 and 360's traded up, but I can't imagine a whole lot of people are still out there on the fence.

Today I went in and wanted to trade in some stuff, but they couldn't get my PUR account (or any other account) by my card or by looking up my number. After they rebooted their computers they looked up my info via the phone number and were able to process my trade in, but scanning the card didn't work. My info is fine on the app and the correct balance shows up when looking up my card balance on the website. Anyone ever have this happen? I'll go to another GS later to test scanning the card it when I get a chance. I'd really prefer to not have to read my phone number out loud at every GS I go to if I could avoid it.
Same thing happened to me tonight when I went to buy something. I think their systems are having issues.

Sheets are going to be late again. GS is adding new games without store pickup sites so I have to add more code again to adapt. It's scanning now and seems to be working. Nothing special anyway TIV are still shit.

That's the sign your PUR account has been banned?

Doesn't it also not let you log into the website?
I was saying it in jest.

But truth to be told I believe if your account is banned by LP your PRO account is wiped completely (online as well). If you're just temp-trade banned, you should have no problem logging into your PRO account online. It would depend on which type of ban we're talking about.

Bad tivs feel bad man

It'll probably be like this the rest of the year, huh.

They probably are seeing more people trade in towards big holiday games and not care about the value as much.

I was saying it in jest.

But truth to be told I believe if your account is banned by LP your PRO account is wiped completely (online as well). If you're just temp-trade banned, you should have no problem logging into your PRO account online. It would depend on which type of ban we're talking about.
That's what I thought it was, if you can't log into your PUR account, you're done.

fuck I need a bump I can't hold out for much longer
3-peeing.gif

would love it if Gamestop had a good trade in value for the PS4(500GB) i want to upgrade to the PS4 PRO but I dont want to sell mine on amazon seller central but I would have to worry that the person buying it from me will want to send it back(Even though there is nothing wrong with it) so selling it to a store would make more sense but so far Best Buy is offering 120 for it and gamestop is offering the same..so am hoping that one of them offers something better so I can trade it in

would love it if Gamestop had a good trade in value for the PS4(500GB) i want to upgrade to the PS4 PRO but I dont want to sell mine on amazon seller central but I would have to worry that the person buying it from me will want to send it back(Even though there is nothing wrong with it) so selling it to a store would make more sense but so far Best Buy is offering 120 for it and gamestop is offering the same..so am hoping that one of them offers something better so I can trade it in
Mane I'm mad as hell that I tried twice to read this.....

WHAT?

So I found out my iPad mini can't update to iOS 10. I never use it anyway so I'm looking to trade it in. $70 cash is pretty generous in my eyes.

Do I need to bring in a charging cable? What about the wall adapter?

The website is funny because it is showing 70 trade credit and 70 cash. When I uncheck Sync/Charging cable present, it drops the trade credit to 69 but keeps the cash at 70.

I'm a little surprised that GTA V is on sale for $30, but still trades in at $22—up to $26ish w/ 20% bonus for pre-ordering Destiny or something. Might try to offload mine tonight if it holds.

How long does it take for PUR rewards points to show up? I need 200 points for a coupon that i wanna redeem tomorrow. I made the purchase yesterday

So I found out my iPad mini can't update to iOS 10. I never use it anyway so I'm looking to trade it in. $70 cash is pretty generous in my eyes.

Do I need to bring in a charging cable? What about the wall adapter?

The website is funny because it is showing 70 trade credit and 70 cash. When I uncheck Sync/Charging cable present, it drops the trade credit to 69 but keeps the cash at 70.
As MSUHitman stated, you do not need to. When I traded in my electronics, it was only a few dollars difference as well. So totally up to you if you'd like to keep it or trade.

Not really a deal but was checking out the Powerup Rewards, and there are Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman panties available... Also a kickass Scorpion bathrobe.

Went to my local Gamestop in Bensonhurst yesterday, and they changed it up that more than half the store was selling collectibles, pushing all the games back. Just happens I was going there to buy a collectible too... I guess the revenue from these items are starting to outdo the games. Guy at check out was like "170,000 points, whoooooooaaaa dude! Garnly!"... Not really when their most expensive item is nearly 4x that amount.

Not really a deal but was checking out the Powerup Rewards, and there are Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman panties available... Also a kickass Scorpion bathrobe.

Went to my local Gamestop in Bensonhurst yesterday, and they changed it up that more than half the store was selling collectibles, pushing all the games back. Just happens I was going there to buy a collectible too... I guess the revenue from these items are starting to outdo the games. Guy at check out was like "170,000 points, whoooooooaaaa dude! Garnly!"... Not really when their most expensive item is nearly 4x that amount.
In for 2 pair of each panties.

I feel like I shouldn't have to say this, but they aren't panties worn by Harley Quinn (Not that I think she'll wear any panties, she's a crazed commando chick) and Wonder Woman (She'll probably wear some Amazonian Crotch Armor), but rather Harley Quinn/Wonder Woman themed panties. I think the Harley Quinn ones are for protection, they have mean eyes starting you down on the backside.

Harley_Quinn_Ear_Panty.jpg

Feel like I have to provide reference... 

"Don't you dare pull these down mister! Or you're gonna get it!"

Guess I finally found my flipping rival from the area.

I feel like I shouldn't have to say this, but they aren't panties worn by Harley Quinn (Not that I think she'll wear any panties, she's a crazed commando chick) and Wonder Woman (She'll probably wear some Amazonian Crotch Armor), but rather Harley Quinn/Wonder Woman themed panties. I think the Harley Quinn ones are for protection, they have mean eyes starting you down on the backside.

Harley_Quinn_Ear_Panty.jpg

Feel like I have to provide reference...

"Don't you dare pull these down mister! Or you're gonna get it!"
Should've been a thong

Reps that announce your points balance or total points to date to the entire store need a sharp kick in the nuts. That's not something that needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back