GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess after my brother did a retro trade on Tuesday my main account hit the cash limit. I guess my brother called about his account (I know, bad idea) and the guy said the cash limit is $500. He should have taken some credit at the second store but whatever. His account is almost good again though. Might take some systems to a store this weekend and just don't use an account and get credit.
Is there a limit on trade credit? I have over 20 functional retro systems that I am looking to trade-in, so that I can clear out some space. I've never done a trade-in of that magnitude, as I usually just do small flips at my leisure - maybe $20-100 tops in a month. Thus, I have concerns about getting hit with a ban and/or pissing off the manager of my local store. Ultimately, I'm looking to spend about half the credit on an Xbox One S when there is a deal on black friday and save the rest for a rainy day.

Is there a limit on trade credit? I have over 20 functional retro systems that I am looking to trade-in, so that I can clear out some space. I've never done a trade-in of that magnitude, as I usually just do small flips at my leisure - maybe $20-100 tops in a month. Thus, I have concerns about getting hit with a ban and/or pissing off the manager of my local store. Ultimately, I'm looking to spend about half the credit on an Xbox One S when there is a deal on black friday and save the rest for a rainy day.
Its YMMV with both the manager and the back end process to determine bans. Worst case on the ban side is that you get a 30 or 90 day ban on trading, but your PUR account would be fine. No harm in trying if you only do light trading otherwise and would be okay not being able to trade for a brief period of time. If you go over 2k or so in trade credit during a rolling 30 days it could be a ban as well, cash is less than that.

Anyone know the base for a gameboy sp ? I couldn't find it on the website.
Nvm I found it by searching in the app, it's 25$.

Its YMMV with both the manager and the back end process to determine bans. Worst case on the ban side is that you get a 30 or 90 day ban on trading, but your PUR account would be fine. No harm in trying if you only do light trading otherwise and would be okay not being able to trade for a brief period of time. If you go over 2k or so in trade credit during a rolling 30 days it could be a ban as well, cash is less than that.
I'd be fine with a short ban on trading. Nevertheless, I am very friendly with my local manager, so I don't want to ruin my relationship with him; however, I do have a lot of stores in a 10 mile radius - Would it be better to dump a few at different stores? I don't mind driving around for a day, as long as I wouldn't be hit with the ban until I have completed my trades. Is it retro-active upon review of your account by their system or can it happen in real-time like while driving between stores?

I'd be fine with a short ban on trading. Nevertheless, I am very friendly with my local manager, so I don't want to ruin my relationship with him; however, I do have a lot of stores in a 10 mile radius - Would it be better to dump a few at different stores? I don't mind driving around for a day, as long as I wouldn't be hit with the ban until I have completed my trades. Is it retro-active upon review of your account by their system or can it happen in real-time like while driving between stores?
Make a second account?

Why is the solution never "just talk to the manager/person at the counter, tell them your situation and be cool about it?" You aren't doing anything illegal, so telling them your situation will probably cover you more often than not.

Just got back from picking up Titanfall 2, the clerk noticed my COD pre-order and told me a promo just started where you can get $10 trade in credit towards COD for any current gen game with a minimum value of $3.  I'm thinking he's only half right here and he's missing something.  Anyone else know anything?

Just got back from picking up Titanfall 2, the clerk noticed my COD pre-order and told me a promo just started where you can get $10 trade in credit towards COD for any current gen game with a minimum value of $3. I'm thinking he's only half right here and he's missing something. Anyone else know anything?
That's correct. You will get a $10 coupon off cod in your account

That's correct. You will get a $10 coupon off cod in your account
So it has to be PS4/XB1? Or Wii U?

Dang it I have KH 2.5 to trade but that's PS3.

Also is it automatic, or does the employee have to scan codes like the EA Pro Gaming Pass?

Has anyone tried any retro trades yet today? I have a pile of about 30 games at home that i'm going to try taking in tonight, and I see a couple people had issues with the 40% pokemon boost working :(

Why is the solution never "just talk to the manager/person at the counter, tell them your situation and be cool about it?" You aren't doing anything illegal, so telling them your situation will probably cover you more often than not.
I agree with your sentiment...Guess I'm just a little paranoid with all the ban talk that has been going on. This will be a one time thing. I accrued all these consoles in my search for the best motherboard revisions of each one. Now that I have my preferred revision and a backup for each console, I don't need the rest. I was slowly selling them on craigslist, but a big trade in would be a much more efficient way of getting rid of them. None of them are broken or have major cosmetic flaws and they are complete with hookups + controller, so I didn't think it would be a big deal outside of the volume.

When does the 15% off for ps3 games start?
I looked into this last night. I didn't see any active or upcoming promo that ran for the ps3 games. I do know we ran that promo a few weeks ago so maybe it was an old promo not removed?

Has anyone tried any retro trades yet today? I have a pile of about 30 games at home that i'm going to try taking in tonight, and I see a couple people had issues with the 40% pokemon boost working :(
I'll do some mock up transactions today when I work. If you have any specific titles I can try those to verify. I'll respond back with any info I find.

Slightly Off-Topic:

What is GS protocol when dealing with high dollar pre-orders?  I pre-ordered a Launch VR bundle as soon as pre-orders came online in stores.  I had it mostly paid off except for a percentage that I was going to pay with certs.  I'm on good terms with the store managers and associate managers, and made sure to let them know a week in advance that I was out of town on launch day and wouldn't be back till the following Monday.  I called on launch day to confirm, and they confirmed that they would have it set aside.  I arrive on Tuesday and am told that the had sold all their launch bundles.  It's been almost 2 weeks since this interaction and the manager has called me every 2 days to say that corporate is sending them a copy, but at this point I'm not sure whether to just cancel the pre-order out or stick with it.  Still am excited for PSVR, but at this point it's the principle of pre-ordering something like this and not getting it that has me irked.

Slightly Off-Topic:

What is GS protocol when dealing with high dollar pre-orders? I pre-ordered a Launch VR bundle as soon as pre-orders came online in stores. I had it mostly paid off except for a percentage that I was going to pay with certs. I'm on good terms with the store managers and associate managers, and made sure to let them know a week in advance that I was out of town on launch day and wouldn't be back till the following Monday. I called on launch day to confirm, and they confirmed that they would have it set aside. I arrive on Tuesday and am told that the had sold all their launch bundles. It's been almost 2 weeks since this interaction and the manager has called me every 2 days to say that corporate is sending them a copy, but at this point I'm not sure whether to just cancel the pre-order out or stick with it. Still am excited for PSVR, but at this point it's the principle of pre-ordering something like this and not getting it that has me irked.
I'm sure you have every right to cancel a pre-order, regardless of price - you even have more reason given your situation and you could use that as an 'excuse' if they give you fits.

I'm digging through so much junk. The amount they're giving for some shitty accessories is insane.
post-53373-peter-griffin-go-on-meme-Imgur-r74t.gif

I'll do some mock up transactions today when I work. If you have any specific titles I can try those to verify. I'll respond back with any info I find.
I have too many to list, but I really appreciate the offer :) My main worth is in Starcraft 64, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Super Mario All-stars, etc. but I do have some other games in the $4-6 range. All SNES or N64 games. I saw a couple of people mention issues with getting the 40% boost, and to be honest I wouldn't trade these in without that boost.

Make a second account?
If they don't take your license during trades, I suggest splitting it over two accounts and going to two different stores just to be safe. The down side is that your points will be split between 2 accounts.

Out of curiousity, what did you get for the SNES controller? I can't find it on the app - perhaps I'm not searching for the correct term :)
It's listed on the receipt as "SNES Controller." I got $6 after PUR and the 40% Pokemon Sun/Moon promo. It was a cheapo 3rd party one so $6 was worth it to me.

It's listed on the receipt as "SNES Controller." I got $6 after PUR and the 40% Pokemon Sun/Moon promo. It was a cheapo 3rd party one so $6 was worth it to me.
Thank you very much! I've tried every variation of SNES / Controller / Super Nintendo / etc. I'm assuming they just haven't got everything added into the app yet :)

Edit: Apparently, the controllers are listed under the "Game" category and not accessory. Oops.

I'm seeing lots of talk of retro trade in, I have a basement full and I've yet to find anything I'd consider fair for these... Am I missing something?

I'm seeing lots of talk of retro trade in, I have a basement full and I've yet to find anything I'd consider fair for these... Am I missing something?
40% boost might apply to some so that might change your opinion. I wouldn't trade in any of my games but I plan on trading in some extra consoles using the extra $25 credit coupon. Not everyone got it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back