GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't think it'll be that hard to get. My store had a big display box for the system and the extra controller right behind the counter. I imagine they wouldn't bother putting those out if they didn't anticipate having plenty to sell to potential impulse buyers. That said, it's Nintendo, so there's always a realistic chance of it being in short supply

I honestly don't think it'll be that hard to get. My store had a big display box for the system and the extra controller right behind the counter. I imagine they wouldn't bother putting those out if they didn't anticipate having plenty to sell to potential impulse buyers. That said, it's Nintendo, so there's always a realistic chance of it being in short supply
Thanks. I've got a GS a few miles away, I'll drive up at 10am just to make sure.

How hard is it going to be to get an NES Classic Edition on Friday. Any idea? Nobody is offering a pre-order.
reports were stores getting less than 10 units each and most less than 5.

I'll be waiting until the hype dies down to just walk in and buy one.

GameStop gift cards are back at AMZ. $50 physical cards if you wanna move credit again! Glad they finally got em back in stock. Been waiting since like May

GameStop gift cards are back at AMZ. $50 physical cards if you wanna move credit again! Glad they finally got em back in stock. Been waiting since like May
Man, I had to reread this several times. My brain kept trying to change the meaning to amazon cards back at Gamestop, if only that were true...

Added Vita and 3DS to the the Gamefly to Gamestop query, so all modern and last gen system are accounted for. Still need to work on compatibility with around 25 games not correctly grabbing Gamestop TIV (90% complete). After I am done I will see about getting Gamefly to Best Buy and Redbox to Best Buy but I already know that is going to take a lot longer.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1223048439
You are the man.

If you use power up rewards certificates on a used game, do you forfeit the certificates if you return the game?

I bought fire emblem fates two weeks ago and now it's $25 new on black Friday.

This would be why you dont freaking buy shit 3 weeks before Black Friday...
I had issued a $15 certificate for used for something else, well that something else got sold so i figured this was less likely to drop in price. The difference is like $12 so i'm not going to be too worried about it, just wondered how it worked.

If you use power up rewards certificates on a used game, do you forfeit the certificates if you return the game?

I bought fire emblem fates two weeks ago and now it's $25 new on black Friday.
If you're on good terms w/ the staff they can work around it - I've had them basically just knock the amount of the cert off of whatever else I picked up when I was in a similar situation in the past.

Sorry if this has been asked, but I went back a bit & didn't see it. The extra 10% trade-in that PUR members are getting tomorrow (on top of the normal 10%, if I'm reading that correctly) - does that count as a bonus offer or just as the normal PUR bonus? What I'm asking is will it stack w/ the 40% bonus on trading towards Pokemon? I know offers don't stack, except for the PUR bonus...so that's where my confusion is. 

I know it's not really known but is there a ballpark about when gamestop trade bans someone? Yesterday I had traded a ds and 4 move controllers for about $170. I saw the FF XV demo on a pro and I need it now. Thinking of trading a ps4 and a psvr would I be denied at this point?

Another question I don't do trade ins often so forgive me but if I add say pokemon when I trade in and purchase it with the ps4 will the whole trade in get the 40% Bump?
Thanks ya'll!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's not really known but is there a ballpark about when gamestop trade bans someone? Yesterday I had traded a ds and 4 move controllers for about $170. I saw the FF XV demo on a pro and I need it now. Thinking of trading a ps4 and a psvr would I be denied at this point?

Another question I don't do trade ins often so forgive me but if I add say pokemon when I trade in and purchase it with the ps4 will the whole trade in get the 40% Bump?
Thanks ya'll!
You should be just fine. You are well below the threshold. Just make sure you don't trade in any more move controllers for 30 days from your trade date.

Quick question. Will the 40℅ TI bonus towards Pokemon stack with the 10℅ TI bonus Pro members receive? Sorry if this question has been asked to death I went back through quite a few pages and didn't see anyone else ask.

No the extra 10% won't stack with any trade promos like the Pokémon 40%. It didn't stack with any promos on the last pro day.

I hardly ever go to GameStop so forgive my ignorance but I was on their terrible site and saw Pokemon collectibles are supposed to trigger a 40% bump for game trades. So I can buy some of those pokemon cards and that would work? I'm looking to upgrade to the Pro and need to make some decisions and that bump would certainly help me offset the cost some more on top of my rewards certificates I need to redeem lol. 

I hardly ever go to GameStop so forgive my ignorance but I was on their terrible site and saw Pokemon collectibles are supposed to trigger a 40% bump for game trades. So I can buy some of those pokemon cards and that would work? I'm looking to upgrade to the Pro and need to make some decisions and that bump would certainly help me offset the cost some more on top of my rewards certificates I need to redeem lol.
These items I think trigger that:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Pokemon+collectibles,28xp0

Btw to all those that were touting that the PS4Pro could game in native 4k, I was right and you were wrong.  Digital Foundry has put out articles today of how TLoU remastered runs horribly on Pro in 4k, worse then on a standard PS4 in 1080p.  They said at 1800p resolution which isnt even 4k 2160 is 4k btw, that frame rate is atroucious.  So again was the PS4Pro worth 400 bucks, no it wasnt.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the thread. Cheapy bought ha ps4.Maybe you should send him a pm sharing your thoughts. Im sure he cares to hear them about as much as the rest of us do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back