GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
best buy's b2g1 on preowned has lots of easy credit out there but i think i'm going to save my BB credit for next week, as hard as it is to do lol i have too much GS credit not enough BB and I'm trying to avoid getting real money involved... but I might have to - spending $55 to get $85/90+ in credit is waaaay too tempting lol
Such as what games

best buy's b2g1 on preowned has lots of easy credit out there but i think i'm going to save my BB credit for next week, as hard as it is to do lol i have too much GS credit not enough BB and I'm trying to avoid getting real money involved... but I might have to - spending $55 to get $85/90+ in credit is waaaay too tempting lol
I don't see too much, a few $14.99 that go for $8 base, only about $3 profit after gcu, b2g1, and 50% bonus.

Deus Ex mankind divided could be a good one but there are no other $29.99 games to pair it with that also go for $ 15 base.

Such as what games
I was talking mostly about 3ds games, gone long before you posted... and assuming that you either use the 40% bonus PUR coupon or trading in next Tue/Wed during the 50% bonus

nothing special or secret, just the usual suspects that always come up with high TiVs- stuff published by Nintendo, and Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Bravely Default, Kirby... etc etc etc

edit - apparently some of them are back in stock as of 6:30am PST

I was talking mostly about 3ds games, gone long before you posted... and assuming that you either use the 40% bonus PUR coupon or trading in next Tue/Wed during the 50% bonus
nothing special or secret, just the usual suspects that always come up with high TiVs- stuff published by Nintendo, and Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Bravely Default, Kirby... etc etc etc

edit - apparently some of them are back in stock as of 6:30am PST
Their shipping times were not good, $12 shipping or it won't arrive until the 29th. I just got a few ps4 games to keep.

Dark souls 2, project cars, and resident evil revelations 2 for $28 is pretty good.

So I'm considering trading in Titanfall 2 and going digital on Xbox one, current value is $27.50 do you think trade values will hold until Tuesday for 50% trade bump?

Also, I saw $30 credit within 30 days for select games, but is that only towards the purchase of a new release. I'm not sure how it works and want to get the most credit. Thanks in advance.

So I'm considering trading in Titanfall 2 and going digital on Xbox one, current value is $27.50 do you think trade values will hold until Tuesday for 50% trade bump?
Also, I saw $30 credit within 30 days for select games, but is that only towards the purchase of a new release. I'm not sure how it works and want to get the most credit. Thanks in advance.
The most that you'll get if there's no drops is $40

Yes, only if you received the email from GS. Should also be in your active offers. It expires today.
. Thank you for the reply. Never got the email! I'd wait for 50% but I'm doing Turtles and I'm thinking with the sale on Turtles tub won't hold.

I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 and all I got was the bookcase and game for it.

There were no stickers with a barcode showing that I got the game from Gamestop.

Am I gonna have a problem returning this game even if I have the receipt?

I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 and all I got was the bookcase and game for it.

There were no stickers with a barcode showing that I got the game from Gamestop.

You should not. I've peeled stickers off games I thought I keep and then returned them. If they refuse complain.

FYI, a store I don't usually go to refused to accept Disney infinity figures for trade today.

I know the plan was to stop taking these in trade later this month. This store claimed to be starting on that policy early, worded in a way that somehow I would be impressed how proactive they were being. Also got a song and dance about how they could find another store that would take them. Very odd in general, and not worth making an issue over a few dollars compared to the $300+ in other stuff I was trading.

Amiibo were fine.

Just head back to the store and let them know. They should be able to just check inventory and see that they have one more Tomb Raider than the system shows since they gave you the case but not the game.

Just head back to the store and let them know. They should be able to just check inventory and see that they have one more Tomb Raider than the system shows since they gave you the case but not the game.
He got the game. Check the first line near the end.

Can anyone tell me if rewards certificates can be used to purchase games online? I have enough for $15 in rewards certificates and want to get a $15 game on Black Friday. Thanks.

Anybody know if the 20% extra on Black Friday goes towards consoles? Based on how it's worded, it seems like it would, even tho it usually doesn't.

I had GS not accept the opened but sold as new copy they gave me for a return a little while back... ended up buying the game at Target's b2g1 free sale for cheaper and returning that one, then trading in their stupid opened copy.    Neeeveeeer again.  

I had GS not accept the opened but sold as new copy they gave me for a return a little while back... ended up buying the game at Target's b2g1 free sale for cheaper and returning that one, then trading in their stupid opened copy. Neeeveeeer again.
next time take a video.

I had GS not accept the opened but sold as new copy they gave me for a return a little while back... ended up buying the game at Target's b2g1 free sale for cheaper and returning that one, then trading in their stupid opened copy. Neeeveeeer again.
At the very least, address it in store before you leave with the game. They can probably "seal" the game with their magical circle seals.

BB and GS comparison is back up, I made some heavy changes one being that it now only shows games that actually are being sold at BB as new and the games do not have the shitty / wrong all caps titles from their TIV site. In addition there have been some fixes so I am doing way less manual editing of the raw data. I am getting about 70% complete data sets with this first go around and plan on fixing the rest of the 30% (Mostly NA GS TIV and Prices)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1330826904

Get Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for $1

WHEN YOU TRADE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TITLES:
  • BATTLEFIELD 1 (PS4, XB1)
  • BIOSHOCK THE COLLECTION (PS4, XB1)
  • DISHONORED 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS (PS4)
  • ELDER SCROLLS V SKYRIM SE (PS4, XB1)
  • FARMING SIMULATOR 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • FIFA 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • FORZA HORIZON 3 (XB1)
  • GEARS OF WAR 4 (XB1)
  • MADDEN NFL 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • MAFIA III (PS4, XB1)
  • NBA 2K17 (PS4, XB1)
  • NHL 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (VRC) (PS4)
  • TITANFALL 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • WATCH DOGS 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • WITCHER WILD HUNT COMPLETE EDITION (PS4, XB1)
  • WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY (PS4)
  • WWE 2K17 (PS4, XB1)
Offer valid 11/22/16 - 11/23/16. $1 offer valid toward the purchase of a new copy of the standard edition of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Legacy edition has a net price of $21 and Legacy Pro edition has a net price of $61 after trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Get Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for $1 WHEN YOU TRADE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TITLES:

• BATTLEFIELD 1 (PS4, XB1)
  • BIOSHOCK THE COLLECTION (PS4, XB1)
  • DISHONORED 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS (PS4)
  • ELDER SCROLLS V SKYRIM SE (PS4, XB1)
  • FARMING SIMULATOR 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • FIFA 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • FORZA HORIZON 3 (XB1)
  • GEARS OF WAR 4 (XB1)
  • MADDEN NFL 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • MAFIA III (PS4, XB1)
  • NBA 2K17 (PS4, XB1)
  • NHL 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (VRC) (PS4)
  • TITANFALL 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • WATCH DOGS 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • WITCHER WILD HUNT COMPLETE EDITION (PS4, XB1)
  • WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY (PS4)
  • WWE 2K17 (PS4, XB1)
Offer valid 11/22/16 - 11/23/16. $1 offer valid toward the purchase of a new copy of the standard edition of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Legacy edition has a net price of $21 and Legacy Pro edition has a net price of $61 after trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
Would be tempted if I didn't abhor CoD so much. However, this does give a good hint at what might be flappable, if you can get your BB to honor the Early Access prices in-store. Pick up a few of the $30 games (NBA, Madden, FIFA, BioShock, etc.) and trade them in for $40.

Might make a PURP renewal worth it, if you can.

It's not a deal. Cod just happens to be on sale for $40 and those games will trade in for $40 with the 50%.
Still, it's basically saying that I can get $40 trade in credit for games I already have OR I can try to get BB to in-store honor online prices and get COD for $25. I don't WANT COD for $25, but still....

Found the mirrors edge collectors edition without the game today for $50. Had $15 in certs. $37 out the door. I already have the game and it's a cool edition so I thought for that price why not.

So if those high value titles are trading for $40 each and a B2G1 is running, that means you can buy 3 for $100 and make +$20. Or trade in two and get one of those titles for ~$20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back