GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
afraid you'll get a contact high?

just wipe it down with some lysol or all purpose cleaner. or just leaving it outside on a nice day for a few hours will prob get rid of it. It may smell strong but it's not permanent.
Yeah, I can see the weed and dust caked on the fan as well as the inside of it. I could instantly smell it too once I opened the box it came in. I'll just exchange it since I rather not be bothered with it or have to smell it even after I clean it. Yeah, did I tell you I hate the smell of weed.

Do they have serial numbers attached to them? If not, you could buy a second used one at full price (use cash, no PUR), and return the smelly one with the cash receipt.
Yeah just going to exchange it at my local store. I'll make sure the next one isn't like it.

afraid you'll get a contact high?

just wipe it down with some lysol or all purpose cleaner. or just leaving it outside on a nice day for a few hours will prob get rid of it. It may smell strong but it's not permanent.
I bought a dualshock 3 controller a few months ago that smelled like cigarette smoke. No matter what I did I couldn't get rid of the smell. I went as far as taking it completely apart and washing every single piece that I could with soap and water. I couldn't believe how penetrared the smell was so I just ended up returning it.

Reward certificates are on sale

$25 Pre owned 10,000 points
$15 PO 6,000 Points
$10 PO 4,000 Points
$5 PO 2,000 Points

Have 70k to spend this should be fun.

Returned a game with receipt today and was asked for name and address in order to return it.
Yeah, I did business with them this weekend just because of good discounts on DQ:Heroes and getting rid of old PS3 games that I now have on PC/PS4. Long story short is they track almost everything they can in these systems as they're a pawn shop under most state laws. Also, for returns, they track them all to watch for system abusers and will shut folks down. Ex-employee, so I saw some of our frequent flyers get axed because of their tendencies. Not saying you are, but that's why they ask for those details.

$15 PO 6,000 Points
$10 PO 4,000 Points
$5 PO 2,000 Points

Just as I cash out my points on PSN credit...

Cashing out 54,000. I honestly don't need any games though, any recommendations for stuff to flip to credit or sell?

Edit: fuck, can't seem to redeem.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the B2G1 will keep going after today. I wouldn't mind using those certs to either flip credit or get some PS4 games.

Otherwise, can this stack with the B2G1 pre-owned game offer my account got for the PURP renewal?

Is it possible to get Ratchet & Clank in store if I bought the BF bundle with the Last of US, since the Cyber Monday bundle comes with both?

$15 PO 6,000 Points
$10 PO 4,000 Points
$5 PO 2,000 Points

only one denomination can be used in a transaction right?

Got enough for two $15 codes but if I can't use them both on the same item will prob just get the $25. thanks!!

Only for preowned huh? Well I converted my points to credit with the boomerangs these past few days and padded my collection with the B2G1. Preowned certs would've been worthless since I picked three same-priced items each time, so now I don't feel bad

Remember that you can't use two of the same type of coupon per order. So no $10 cert + $10 cert. But you can do $5 cert + $10 cert. Also you can only use 3 certs per day.

Yeah, I did business with them this weekend just because of good discounts on DQ:Heroes and getting rid of old PS3 games that I now have on PC/PS4. Long story short is they track almost everything they can in these systems as they're a pawn shop under most state laws. Also, for returns, they track them all to watch for system abusers and will shut folks down. Ex-employee, so I saw some of our frequent flyers get axed because of their tendencies. Not saying you are, but that's why they ask for those details.
Thanks for the info. It's just weird cuz I had a receipt, the game was new, and I've never seen this employee before nor has he seen me before. I did buy it with trade credit though. I think he said something about me not having a card though, probably meant powerup card. He never asked for my pur phone number

Is Pokemon Platinum x3 a good game to buy and flip during the next 50% extra trade in credit? I should have ordered that new 3DS when I had a chance because they are selling for ~$165 on craigslist.

Remember that you can't use two of the same type of coupon per order. So no $10 cert + $10 cert. But you can do $5 cert + $10 cert. Also you can only use 3 certs per day.
I've actually used more then 3 per day but the employee in question may deny you. Maximum you can use per order is 3 though so $25+10+15 off making it $50. So no getting all four to get a recent game for free.

Is Pokemon Platinum x3 a good game to buy and flip during the next 50% extra trade in credit? I should have ordered that new 3DS when I had a chance because they are selling for ~$165 on craigslist.
It is risky since there a ton of bootlegs out there and employees might deny trade ins. It is sad when you notice the games they have out for example Metroid Prime Hunters is a demo cart and bootlegs.

Of course 2DS in my area are sold out. Anyone have any idea what to cash out on or no? I figure Pokemon will keep its value.

It is risky since there a ton of bootlegs out there and employees might deny trade ins. It is sad when you notice the games they have out for example Metroid Prime Hunters is a demo cart and bootlegs.

Of course 2DS in my area are sold out. Anyone have any idea what to cash out on or no? I figure Pokemon will keep its value.
how can you tell if its bootleg, i cleaned out most of the pokemon games at my local store.

how can you tell if its bootleg, i cleaned out most of the pokemon games at my local store.
Well I guess it really depends on the area but DS not 3DS have tons of bootlegs out there. You can tell by opening the cart, how it appears such as how Nintendo is engraved on the back, the visible portion of the motherboard, the sticker placement, the stickers appearance, the serial key on the visible portion of the motherboard and back of cart.

Yeah, it is a risk. I received a fake Leaf Green from gamestop a long time ago and it was a pain in the ass getting them to refund me because they didn't have a replacement copy. Took weeks and even then the manager wasn't happy about the refund. Maybe sun and moon x3 might be a better choice to flip.

Just a Public Service Announcement:  Last year with the points promo CAGs that bought multiple of the same denomination certs would only have one show up in their active offers at a time.  They had to jump through hoops to get their points back.  So you might want to buy different denominations and wait till you use them before buying extra sets.  Just an FYI.

Just a Public Service Announcement: Last year with the points promo CAGs that bought multiple of the same denomination certs would only have one show up in their active offers at a time. They had to jump through hoops to get their points back. So you might want to buy different denominations and wait till you use them before buying extra sets. Just an FYI.
I already have 49 coupons in my active offers. Also I had them all show up just fine last year as well.

godofwar7, on 27 Nov 2016 - 10:54 PM, said:
I already have 49 coupons in my active offers. Also I had them all show up just fine last year as well.
Then disregard my previous statement. We should be good to go.

Edit: Can you verify the codes are different on the actual coupons? I believe that's what multiple CAGs ran into last year.

Does it help if you have a high volume of purchases to even out the returns?

I've actually used more then 3 per day but the employee in question may deny you. Maximum you can use per order is 3 though so $25+10+15 off making it $50. So no getting all four to get a recent game for free.

I think a lot of that is just ymmv. I used every denomination of new coupons for a new Xbox that I bought two months ago

Then disregard my previous statement. We should be good to go.

Edit: Can you verify the codes are different on the actual coupons? I believe that's what multiple CAGs ran into last year.
Yep the couple I checked are all different

49 49 damn how many points did you have?
Over 200k
Went for 12 of each coupon type

After last years cyber Monday deal, I made sure to not spend a single point until today.

49 × $5 = $245
So if $25 is 10,000
He would have 100,000 at the least.

It's probably a mix between 100,000 and 490,000 (if all 49 were $25)

why would you waste 10k points on $25 used stuff when you could blow 7800 points on this fly ass wallet

pKBvu2T.jpg

wouldn't mind picking up a cheap wii u in store but dunno if they will have their cybermonday $189.99 deal in store or online only

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-wii-u/systems?nav=131b0-c4

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back