GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
ya dun goofed saving your coupons till the end of the month, now the lure of trying to get in on some B2G1 action while using the coupons will twist and bamboozle your mind into madness.

1FNkvke.gif

on the plus side TIVs seem to have held up, TLG, FF15, BF1 and NHL17 all still $25 base TIV

When you're looking for a Wii game for your collection, and all ~10 copies at GameStops near you are disc-only or don't have the manual... :(

I had 2 preowned :pS4: FF XV show up out of nowhere yesterday morning after the local stores showed none. I actually reserved one and kept it ( free :) ). It looks like new gutted and not preowned.
Yeah the FFXV I found was a day one with everything inside. The dlc code was valid too.

ya dun goofed saving your coupons till the end of the month, now the lure of trying to get in on some B2G1 action while using the coupons will twist and bamboozle your mind into madness.

1FNkvke.gif

on the plus side TIVs seem to have held up, TLG, FF15, BF1 and NHL17 all still $25 base TIV
BB shows $20 base for FF15. Yesterday and today.

Thanks! Given what everyone has said so far, it looks like it's hard to use multiples unless one game is considerably more expensive than the other two. So perhaps that means combining a ~$40 game with two others that are ~$15.

I have:

$5 - 1

$10 - 1

$15 - 1

$25 - 3
Those $25 ones are possibly the most difficult to work with. If you are having trouble with finding $15 games that you actually want, it may be useful to look at pairing 2 ~$18 games with a $40-45+ game or using both a $25 and a $10-15 to pair a ~$55 game with the ~$18 games.

Suggestions for certain ~$18 games that tend to hold value for reselling elsewhere, and/or could be on the next trade bump:

Cheaper Nintendo first party games (e.g. Zelda WW HD, DKC: Trop Freeze, SM Galaxy 2, Pikmin 3, Cap Toad Treasure Tracker)

Any Minecraft game

Finally, there are also some current price drops that it might make sense to use a $25 cert on to get the Pre-owned game for $3 or less without doing a B2G1 (e.g. GTA V, Lego SW: TFA, Diablo III: UEE, Dark Souls III)

I have a question on the Xbox One S controller, I was hoping the community could help.

I just received the GOW4 Xbox One S bundle from Gamestop. This came with the console, $30 gift card and extra controller. I swapped the white extra controller for a black one at Gamestop. I noticed the middle panel by the sync button and USB connection is not tight and pushes down almost like a button. I attached a pic showing the area. Is this normal for the S Controllers? Unfortunately, I sold the GOW4 blue controller so I do not have another S controller to compare too. I waned to check with the community before I swap it at Gamestop.

Thanks for your help.

Teddy

Anyone else getting "Invalid Card Number" errors when trying to check their Gift Card / Trade Credit Balances on the website?
Worked just fine for me right now. Guess it was temporarily down for less than a day because I checked a gift card I had yesterday at the same time and had no issues either.

ya dun goofed saving your coupons till the end of the month, now the lure of trying to get in on some B2G1 action while using the coupons will twist and bamboozle your mind into madness.

1FNkvke.gif

EXACTLY, I'm in the odd situation of having no GameStop credit needed to be moved but I feel the need for speed!

Worked just fine for me right now. Guess it was temporarily down for less than a day because I checked a gift card I had yesterday at the same time and had no issues either.
I can now get my PUR card trade balance to show when logged in to the website but the App still will not update, so looks like they are making progress.

That's true. If you return any games you buy with Reward certificates you lose them. I did what you're asking and the manager made an adjustment so I wouldn't have to cover the value of the cert. You may get by once, but it's a gamble.
Thanks. I was initially going to try it, but I figured losing a couple dollars trading it into Best Buy was worth it and so I didn't test it out myself.

Do gamestop flag customer by ID or Pur Acct?  I still have a few games on me that I would like to dump but Gamestop won't allow anymore trades. Anyone know?

I hate it when GS has cases out for games they have no stock for. Wasted 20 minutes in store because they couldnt find GTA V preowned and in the process of me going back to get another game some guy had a complicated return. Turned what would have been $59 GS to $88 BB into only $83 GS to $96 BB.

So the 20% bonus is only for Steam cards, correct?

What's the cheapest way to get the bonus without spending all of my credit on Steam cards?
Buy a $10 steam card in the same transaction as all your trades. You can save the remaining credit.

And if you really have no use for a steam card, pm me and I'll give you an offer w/ paypal

I hate it when GS has cases out for games they have no stock for. Wasted 20 minutes in store because they couldnt find GTA V preowned and in the process of me going back to get another game some guy had a complicated return. Turned what would have been $59 GS to $88 BB into only $83 GS to $96 BB.
Same have 2 titanfall 2 with case and disc is mia

A day and a half later, still no fvcking code. WTF Gamestop?

edit...looked at the email again and it said the code would be delivered within 12 hours or purchase. I'm the lazy dumbass who should have bought at the store.

Thanks for the feedback guys in the FFXV trade in. Bought it earlier today as a part of the B2G1 free. Used a $10 cyber cert to bring it down to $28, also picked up SFV for $19 and Dragon Quest Heroes was free. Total was $46.11. I didn't even get a chance to play because my son is not feeling well. So I hope to play tomorrow and if I don't like it I will Definetly trade it in if the $40 holds.

Quick question regarding the buy 2 get 1 free , I want to get a phone for me and my wife and my son, thing is that they only have it available online , can I order from inside the store and pay there ? I don't want to use my credit card online

Quick question regarding the buy 2 get 1 free , I want to get a phone for me and my wife and my son, thing is that they only have it available online , can I order from inside the store and pay there ? I don't want to use my credit card online
I believe the offer ends on the 28th so you might not have an option

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back