GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah looks like it was removed. Wish I could get $160 for my old 1tb Xbox but I bought an s when they had the free controller deal. Hopefully they will do a bonus towards the switch or something.

DON'T GET EXCITED

Switch is available from preorder at gamestop Italy.
https://www.gamestop.it/WiiU/Games/99738

400 euros, which is like 420 or so U.S. although the it does say price not confirmed.

So maybe the switch will be more than what people though and hopefully U.S. pre-orders will come soon.

For anyone that is interested, It looks like original Wii consoles with a motion plus controller are trading for 50 cash/credit, seems like it was boosted. Without a motion plus controller you can get 35 cash/credit, pretty good values there.

Lol if it's really that price RIP
No chance. It's a high placeholder price so that they don't have to increase the price when it's a bounced. $400 is a high outlier for any kind of switch related SKU. Even a ultra high storage bundle with a game is unlikely to hit $400.

For anyone that is interested, It looks like original Wii consoles with a motion plus controller are trading for 50 cash/credit, seems like it was boosted. Without a motion plus controller you can get 35 cash/credit, pretty good values there.
Thanks! I have been looking to dump a few Wiis.

any idea what the refurb fee is?

Would like to take part in the extra 50 bucks for the PS4 trade in but I already own a PS4 PRO, I want to trade mine in to get the Switch so hopefully gamestop will change the requirements for trade in and I will bring it in..175 for the original PS4 Id be happy with

Any word yet from GS "insiders" about when Switch per-orders will happen? I'm guessing late next week but whether it's a weekday or weekend will affect which store I go to. Would rather go to my main GS but it's a weekend-only destination for me.
My guess would be that official preorders will open either the night of the announcement friday night (rush to your gamestop right now!!!111) or in the morning after the announcement (saturday)

Has anybody tried trading in dead rising for the guaranteed $30 today with the 50% coupon? Just curious if they stack or if one overrides the other

So does that mean $35 with no controller? Or without a motion plus controller? I got one with no controller...and possibly a busted disc drive...lol

So does that mean $35 with no controller? Or without a motion plus controller? I got one with no controller...and possibly a busted disc drive...lol
pretty sure that is with controller. I was in one day and they rejected a wii w/o a controller and nunchuck. So I don't think you can get by w/o a controller included. I also think the sensor bar is required as well.

Just an FYI for those who picked up Mighty No. 9 during the BestBuy sale. The PS4 copy comes with a digital copy and I got 16 bucks for my physical copy with the 50% bonus. 

Just got back and got 31.70 for dead rising 4 when I put it towards two monkey bomb funkos. The buy one get one half off wasn't coming up in the system, not sure if the monkey bomb was excluded (sold out online so idk) but I add two funko's to my cart online and discount comes up. Showed him the ad and had no problem adjusting it. 

So ended up with two funko's that normally cost $26 for the pair plus anther 11.72 left over in credit for dead rising 4. I'm happy :D

but yea today is last day to get $30 for dr4 and pretty sure last guardian as well. 

Maybe in March they are going to pass it off as retro... Technically most of them can play Game Cube games natively.
That makes more sense with switch release.

My conspiracy tinged mind was thinking they're trying to hoard the controllers to sell back to people to use with Switch. Like most conspiracy theorists, I have no idea what I am talking about. Like all these deals on elite Xbox controllers recently. Makes me think an updated one is incoming. I am pretty sure I am wrong on this too.

In other news, I found moving trade credit from GS to Amazon via retro trade-ins might be worthwhile. There was a lot of stuff that was one to one value and a small amount that was profitable. Did a large order of games that would also net me $100ish but this assumes GS makes few cancels/mistakes, they aren't scratched to hell, and Amazon trade in processors don't reject most of it. Let's see what happens.

Blackbeard, prophet of boomerangs and patron saint of flippers, is querying Amazon trade in values possible? I feel like you mentioned it a while back as either too complicated, a moving target, something...? I did notice lots of retro games have multiple listings for the same game and even trade in at very different values. KotoR II right now for example. I am curious too see how these get processed by Amazon.

So I forgot I hadn't changed the auto preference of $5 cert for points since going pro, and I had a little over 10,000 points. After I saw the $5 cert auto issue I changed my preferences to bank points. After I did this though, a second $5 cert was in my active offers. They have different codes (screenshot both), but I still have a little over 5,000 points on my account. Has this happened to anyone else?

Received my 12 Pokemon's today from the b2g1 (used 9 Pokemon's and last guardian to trade up) Everything showed up fine except my Pokemon X, looks ugly and might get a refurb fee for it. Strangest thing is my Pokemon Moon and sun came in sealed (brand new).
2 sealed sun and used 1 sun and 2 moon

Blackbeard, prophet of boomerangs and patron saint of flippers, is querying Amazon trade in values possible? I feel like you mentioned it a while back as either too complicated, a moving target, something...? I did notice lots of retro games have multiple listings for the same game and even trade in at very different values. KotoR II right now for example. I am curious too see how these get processed by Amazon.
Yes it is possible and yes it is more complicated and a moving target since Amazon prices/TIV change randomly throughout the day. I lack the motivation since not many people said they would benefit from it, getting trades accepted is a bitch apparently, and I myself don't trade in to Amazon at all this moment. As of right now the idea is on the back burner while I continue to hammer out functionality in the current queries as well as trying to improve speed as I have been trying to cut the full gamestop query down from 1hr to 30 mins.

You lock in the price on Amazon and then trade the product. They have final call on if its really worth that much at the end of the day if I remember correctly. Heard its painful and long. Not too mention your value can be completely shot out if its not up to snub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back