GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if GS was the giving kind, it would've instead given the DS/Vita cases and/or game artwork away, instead of throwing them in garbage.
Are you serious about them throwing vita cases? I just ordered a vita game off them and came in generic case. I want to order another used copy to try and get one in the original case but it's out of stock at the moment.

Would it be fine to trade in Just Dance 2017 for multiple platforms at the same time? Like 4 platforms?
The last itme I did it was during the minecraft stuff. I think I may have traded in one for each platform but I would not do that again. I also have traded one copy for two platforms and say "I have one for each system to play with friends who have both" or "I am trading in my brother's copy".

Is there a item purchase limit on GS.com before they flag your account as a reseller? I know the unofficial policy for Bestbuy its 3 for both GCU and non-GCU items.
I'm not sure they flag anymore. There is a purchase limit that is enforced, meaning if you try to buy more than the limit, it will automatically redirect back to your cart with an exceeded limit message. And this is a rolling 30 days limit.

Funny thing about the girl that I believe flagged me...if anything, I was the more polite one during all 3 tradeins with her. I'm the one that went to the counter each time and asked how her day was going (kind of a habit due to my own line of work, being nice gets you way further!). She, on the other hand, was rather cold and emotionless (typical GS employee?).

In the end though, I'll chalk this whole thing up as a lesson learned. By the way, if my account was flagged at that store, can other stores see the same thing? Other stores in other districts?
No offense but doing all your trades with the same employee was your first mistake. I try to switch up the associates that I trade with because they tend to remember you and what items you had. Sometimes, I'll go into the store to see who's behind the counter and then go back to the car to get the items that I plan to trade if it's a different employee.

Did GS recently have a Buy2Get1 preowned sale? I noticed some Vita games I'm missing in stock at my local store but I wanna wait for that sale. I have the free membership so I don't have any coupons.

The last itme I did it was during the minecraft stuff. I think I may have traded in one for each platform but I would not do that again. I also have traded one copy for two platforms and say "I have one for each system to play with friends who have both" or "I am trading in my brother's copy".
Yeah I usually have my boy with me and say I got one for my ps4 and one for his wii

Yeah I usually have my boy with me and say I got one for my ps4 and one for his wii

Probably going to trade in an xbox one that has a trade value of 110. Will I get both the extra 50 for trading in a console + the 50% if a preorder a switch game? (110+110(.5)+50) 215 for the trade in minus the cost of the prerder game or will they only do one or the other?

Probably going to trade in an xbox one that has a trade value of 110. Will I get both the extra 50 for trading in a console + the 50% if a preorder a switch game? (110+110(.5)+50) 215 for the trade in minus the cost of the prerder game or will they only do one or the other?
Enjoy LA LA land...

quick question

Will gamestops recieve extra zelda se or me copies?

I've been looking everywhere to get one and hope i can somehow obtain one at midnight

i've asked a couple stores and they said it's possible and to call a day or two before launch

It's kind of funny, I tend to save up $500-$1000 worth of trades at a time anymore and never have issues. I think the little trades more frequently stick out more since it's always the "hot" items.

quick question

I've been looking everywhere to get one and hope i can somehow obtain one at midnight

i've asked a couple stores and they said it's possible and to call a day or two before launch
Its possible people won't finish paying for their pre-orders within the 48 hours its held, but as for having stock available outside of pre-orders that seem unlikely

quick question

if you really want it at midnight I'd try Target, they're the only ones saying they're selling their stock in store only.

Gonna be ruff.

quick question
They weren't even supposed to let you preorder a ME in store. Don't bother trying to find a ME at GameStop.

There's a 40% trade boost promo towards any new game for PUR PRO members from 2/27 thru 3/5.  Sorry in advance if this was mentioned before.  

It's kind of funny, I tend to save up $500-$1000 worth of trades at a time anymore and never have issues. I think the little trades more frequently stick out more since it's always the "hot" items.
I've got few questions for you. Have you lost much credit saving up for big trades, Do you wait for TIV bumbs or only flip games that hold value? Or all of the above? I just hit $450 in Gamestop credit last week and I'm looking to pursue bigger flips. Thanks in advance.

I've got few questions for you. Have you lost much credit saving up for big trades, Do you wait for TIV bumbs or only flip games that hold value? Or all of the above? I just hit $450 in Gamestop credit last week and I'm looking to pursue bigger flips. Thanks in advance.
Haven't really lost any credit saving up and I always wait for bumps. I don't play sports games and I play very few FPS on consoles which helps a ton for values staying higher. It's really not rocket science though, pay attention to Blackbeard's sheet, look at the titles that are consistently highly valued and buy them when they are cheap whether it's BB or Gamestop or wherever you have credit. Then flip them when they hit values you find acceptable and roll that forward.

The list is where it's at as is a little bit of individual research in terms of looking at things that don't drop in price and are consistently popular. Case in point GTA V. In terms of sports games Madden, FIFA, and 2K always always always go on sale during Black Friday which leads to low values, but niche games like NHL and UFC don't often go on sale and stick at high values. And of course there's the rare game like Just Dance which I cannot see for whatever reason having such a high TIV and at some point every month is uber cheap. 

The list is where it's at as is a little bit of individual research in terms of looking at things that don't drop in price and are consistently popular. Case in point GTA V. In terms of sports games Madden, FIFA, and 2K always always always go on sale during Black Friday which leads to low values, but niche games like NHL and UFC don't often go on sale and stick at high values. And of course there's the rare game like Just Dance which I cannot see for whatever reason having such a high TIV and at some point every month is uber cheap.
Thanks! This is helpful.

Haven't really lost any credit saving up and I always wait for bumps. I don't play sports games and I play very few FPS on consoles which helps a ton for values staying higher. It's really not rocket science though, pay attention to Blackbeard's sheet, look at the titles that are consistently highly valued and buy them when they are cheap whether it's BB or Gamestop or wherever you have credit. Then flip them when they hit values you find acceptable and roll that forward.
Thanks! I think this will be helpful in throwing some Jr. Detectives off my trail.

Weekly Price and TIV Changes tab on the sheet is up TapaTalk Link

There are a lot this week.

Notable TIV increases without price change:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Nintendo Wii
Afrika Playstation 3
Monster Jam Path of Destruction Playstation 3
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 Xbox 360
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 Playstation 3

Notable TIV drops without price change:

Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star Playstation 4
Gravity Rush 2 Playstation 4
Paper Mario Color Splash Nintendo Wii U
Hitman: The Complete First Season SteelBook Edition Playstation 4
Hitman: The Complete First Season SteelBook Edition Xbox One

Weekly Price and TIV Changes tab on the sheet is up TapaTalk Link

There are a lot this week.

Notable TIV increases without price change:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Nintendo Wii
Afrika Playstation 3
Monster Jam Path of Destruction Playstation 3
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 Xbox 360
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 Playstation 3

Notable TIV drops without price change:

Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star Playstation 4
Gravity Rush 2 Playstation 4
Paper Mario Color Splash Nintendo Wii U
Hitman: The Complete First Season SteelBook Edition Playstation 4
Hitman: The Complete First Season SteelBook Edition Xbox One
fifa 17 probably need an update. bb back to regular price

Looking for advice here. Looking to trade a 1 TB older model Xbox one for the Xbox one S. Which Xbox should I get that's 500 GB, not interested in physical copies of games and I have externals for space. Which should I get out of the 500 GBs or should I buy a console elsewhere like eBay?

Looking for advice here. Looking to trade a 1 TB older model Xbox one for the Xbox one S. Which Xbox should I get that's 500 GB, not interested in physical copies of games and I have externals for space. Which should I get out of the 500 GBs or should I buy a console elsewhere like eBay?
There's no huge difference between any of the bundles except for what game(s) come with it and maybe the color of the console. I looked at their website and they have:

- Gears of War 4 bundle (blue console) - $250

- Minecraft bundle (white console) - $250

- Battlefield 1 bundle (white console) - $250

- Halo Collection bundle (white console) - $250

GS stores are receiving stock of Horizon Zero Dawn today

New In Stock: 17
New Low Stock: 0
New No Stock: 283
Sample Range: 51 - 102
National Range: 754 - 1508
National Estimation: 1131

Estimate Progress: 100%
Elapsed seconds: 3.9076092

For you the clear choice is the Battlefield 1 bundle as at GS it includes the physical disc and not a code. Right now Battlefield 1 Xbox one trades back to GS for $20 base so if you're getting before the 26th you can do the switch assessory or game preorder promo (put $5 down on it) and you'd get $32 back in credit if you're PRO.

So would be 110+50=160 for your old 1TB Xbox one, then 249 for the Xbox 1 S 500gb, so $89 out of pocket, then $32 for trading in BF1 so $57 net for your upgrade.

I hear Corey in the House is a pretty high value item.
Game is an easy 200% flip right now

348.gif

On eBay there's a deal for a 1TB X1 S with gears 4 for $239.

Finally! Got my last package to flip today in the mail. A couple of my items lost value today, whatever! I'll wait until Friday before I totally hate myself
I haven't really lost anything on trade-in this time (excluding the pokemon games, which I'll just hold onto until the next 50% boost, if the TIV goes up then), but I have broken even on some games I bought specifically to flip, namely The Last Guardian, which I had thought I had hit the jackpot when I got 2 copies for $25 each... and then the game's MSRP dropped. Sorta annoyed about that, but that's what I get for buying before and not during the promo period. Always buy games during the trade-in bonus promo period in order to make the most bang for your buck and not have to count on luck or hoping that the TIV holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back