GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm sorry if my info is incorrect. This is just how I've been told and have handled prps and never had an issue.

Not trying to lie to anyone or make them get a prp. Generally disappointed other stores refuse to honor it.
No need to apologize Deader. You are clearly one of GS's better employees. I got the additional coverage so I hope that my local GS manager will honor any defects. He is pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There seems to be misunderstanding of the 2 types of warranty offered by GameStop on the products they offer.

PRP (Product Replacement Plan) is for consoles, electronic devices in general.

GPG (Game Protection Guarantee) is for games.

The GPG did not use to protect against accidental damage, but since last holiday season, they decided to start protecting accidental damage, scratches, etc.

The PRP's purpose is to protect in case your system decides to fail for whatever reason that is not due to accidental damage, everything except cosmetic damage.

Things like:
-Not turning on
-Not reading games
-Not connecting online
-Buttons not responding
-Screen not turning on or screen not responding (if applicable)

Hope this clears up some confusion.
I recently bought a PRP when I got my backup 500 super slim PS3 because it was preowned and there was no way in hell to know what shape it was in when I bought it. I checked it to ensure it had no cosmetic damage, but there's no way to tell what shape the internals were in. So far, I've had no problems but I'm glad I bought the PRP just in case since it came from another gamer and God only knows where he or she put it or what care it received before I bought it.

I was thinking of getting the Ipad Pro 9.7 inch however it's only available online as all the stores around me don't carry ipads anymore. There's no option to get any type of warranty on it online. Is there just no option for warranty on ipad products? I'm planning on purchasing it then seeing if I can return rebuy in store with a warranty.

I've never had an issue taking back a broken system with a PRP and never got in trouble for doing so. I've been told from my DM it covers everything but lost or stolen.

But I've also never had anyone take a bat to their system or anything and try to return it.

I've taken back cracked 3ds screens and a broken in half 3ds and got no flack for it all at so I'd assume they dont encourage it but they will take it back regardless
Can you buy after purchase or is it at point of sale only?

If it's a true PRP then $30 is worth it with the kiddies

When is the b2g1 on last gen over?
This is why get when I add three previous gen items to the cart.

B2Get3rd Free Pre-Owned Prev. Gen Software - Buy Two Get the Third Free Pre-Owned Wii, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and DS Software. Free item must be equal or lesser value, In-Stock Only and prices subject to change. Expires: 3/5/2017

Listen snowflake... screwing other people is wrong. Screwing big corporations is fine cause they wouldn't give a second thought about screwing over little people .
Basically. All the scams people pull on this thread and then they want to criticize this guy for doing shit they probably do all the time. You guys abuse the shit out of GameStop trade policies on the regular. Get banned on the regular so let's not act all high and mighty.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Listen snowflake... screwing other people is wrong. Screwing big corporations is fine cause they wouldn't give a second thought about screwing over little people .
exactly, in fact, next time you go shopping for grocery items, write down the prices on the shelf tag for everything you buy, when you get home double check everything. i guarantee you were overcharged for at least 2-3 items.

Why not just shoplift the replacement game then? Where's your line?

Listen buttercup, if you want to justify shitty, immoral, and/or illegal actions, feel free. But that's all you're doing. You're making excuses. I'm not even saying that you're wrong about corporations. But that doesn't make what you suggested doing any less wrong/shitty/illegal. Period.

Basically. All the scams people pull on this thread and then they want to criticize this guy for doing shit they probably do all the time. You guys abuse the shit out of GameStop trade policies on the regular. Get banned on the regular so let's not act all high and mighty.
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Amen brother

Warning.  Boring story 4 some.  Please ignore if you're offended by a poster who decides to share their boring GS experience from today.

My nice GS manager wouldn't accept my defective retro returns because they each were part of a B2G1.  She kept saying they were free.  So I argued with her with a smile on my face, nothing heated, and only because I have had defectives games before from buying online and GS always refunded me even if part of a B2G1.  She wouldn't do the pro-rated refund.  We went back and forth and she kept saying the games were free.  Finally I switch up my argument and say well if the games were free can you order me a free replacement from online?  But that didn't go anywhere either.  I wasn't sure if she just didn't want to help me because I trade too much or because she really didn't think she could return my games or what.

Then she opened a drawer and brought out my 4 Switch pre-orders.  3 straps and a grey joycon.  And asked me if I'm going to buy them.  I asked her if I could cancel because I didn't know the straps  came with the Switch.  I thought it was a separate purchase.    And she got mad at that.  You can't be doing this.  These aren't going to sell.  They send me this me stuff because you pre-ordered.  Now I'm stuck with this.   You got a great trade in value only because you're supposed to buy the accessory/game.  You can't keep do this.  I felt bad so I asked her if I could put it towards another Switch product and if they would make her happy.  I put it towards Splatoon 2 even though I'm paying $60 instead of $48 at BB.

Then she reminds me I was banned last year.  And out comes that the other manager blocked me.  (Her words.)  And then everyone at District level got invovled and looked at my trading and I had too many points etc.  All I said was interesting,  the other manager is always grumpy (my nice way of putting it) and he is the same guy that was telling me to keep bringing in games.  It would be nice if he makes up his mind.  

But whatever. I think she had enough of my trading.  I did $1500 the other week.  She also just got back from vacation from mexico and was there on a Sunday which was unusual so maybe she was extra crabby to be back.   

Anyway I was headed out of town 1 1/2 hours away anyway as I left GS and realized there was a GS there too.  Stopped by and they took back my retro games and gave me a pro-rated refund no problem.    

Man I was not going to do the GS trade thing any more (especially with no EBay/gas cards) and then this latest promotion happened and I couldn't resist. I had lots of games laying around because I sell some on the side.  But man this is more reason why I don't like dealing with them.  Not that I blame them exactly.  I mean I am not making them money really so I can understand it.  But if you don't want people to trade too much why not just publish a limit and let the customer track it.  Really I don't get the ban thing at all.   Makes more sense to let customers know where they stand.   

And also  why offer pre-orders and let you cancel them without penalty if you want the customer to actually buy the thing.  Nevermind offering the Switch straps as a pre-order is dumb because who needs a Switch strap at launch?  The pair of joycons come with straps.  The single joycon comes with a strap.  The Switch comes with straps.  No one needs a strap at launch.  WAs dumb to offer that pre-order option at launch.  

Why not just shoplift the replacement game then? Where's your line?

Listen buttercup, if you want to justify shitty, immoral, and/or illegal actions, feel free. But that's all you're doing. You're making excuses. I'm not even saying that you're wrong about corporations. But that doesn't make what you suggested doing any less wrong/shitty/illegal. Period.
Who died and made you judge, juror, and executioner? The world isn't black and white buddy. Life isn't black or white. You do know even laws aren't always right. But I guess in your mind everyone is created equal, and everyone should always do as they are told.

for a website community that always tries to find price mistakes, exploit promotions and sales ( I read a lot of people on here use a promo to preorder a game that is designated for that promo and then cancel the promo- isn't that immoral and illegal?) and be what the website name is ( cheapass), there sure are a lot of two faced members.

I read a lot of people on here use a promo to preorder a game that is designated for that promo and then cancel the promo- isn't that immoral and illegal?
Immoral.... maybe but you know "Screwing big corporations is fine cause they wouldn't give a second thought about screwing over little people."

Illegal? No it isn't illegal.

You need to cancel your preorders before they release. You need to be careful of release dates. I put mine on BotW but cancelled it before it released. They had no problem with it. I put towards another purchase. I'm preordering stuff like Mario Odyssey that doesn't have a release date. You need to be careful and avoid that Gamestop. They're looking into your account and it can get deactivated and you can loose everything.

You need to cancel your preorders before they release. You need to be careful of release dates. I put mine on BotW but cancelled it before it released. They had no problem with it. I put towards another purchase. I'm preordering stuff like Mario Odyssey that doesn't have a release date. You need to be careful and avoid that Gamestop. They're looking into your account and it can get deactivated and you can loose everything.
you need to bring her flowers. You need to take her out to Olive Garden. and you need to buy the GPG when you pick up Splatoon.

Who died and made you judge, juror, and executioner? The world isn't black and white buddy. Life isn't black or white. You do know even laws aren't always right. But I guess in your mind everyone is created equal, and everyone should always do as they are told.

for a website community that always tries to find price mistakes, exploit promotions and sales ( I read a lot of people on here use a promo to preorder a game that is designated for that promo and then cancel the promo- isn't that immoral and illegal?) and be what the website name is ( cheapass), there sure are a lot of two faced members.
The world? Life? Unjust laws? You're not fighting the good fight against oppression and tyranny here "buddy". You're trying to save a few bucks by committing fraud. Relax.

Saw this today. Oh GameStop

attachicon.gif
IMG_0166.JPG
I thought that they didn't take games from other regions. :/

The world? Life? Unjust laws? You're not fighting the good fight against oppression and tyranny here "buddy". You're trying to save a few bucks by committing fraud. Relax.
Actually I'm trying to stick it to The Man," buddy"......but you wouldn't understand from the view up in your high horse of "morals"

That lady is a cunt, but you kind of fucked yourself over by getting so noticed.
How does one not get noticed. I go in to a store once and they remember 3 months later. It's annoying. I can buy a pack of gum and they will be like weren't you that guy that tried to trade in a pack of gum!

Warning. Boring story 4 some. Please ignore if you're offended by a poster who decides to share their boring GS experience from today.

My nice GS manager wouldn't accept my defective retro returns because they each were part of a B2G1. She kept saying they were free. So I argued with her with a smile on my face, nothing heated, and only because I have had defectives games before from buying online and GS always refunded me even if part of a B2G1. She wouldn't do the pro-rated refund. We went back and forth and she kept saying the games were free. Finally I switch up my argument and say well if the games were free can you order me a free replacement from online? But that didn't go anywhere either. I wasn't sure if she just didn't want to help me because I trade too much or because she really didn't think she could return my games or what.

Then she opened a drawer and brought out my 4 Switch pre-orders. 3 straps and a grey joycon. And asked me if I'm going to buy them. I asked her if I could cancel because I didn't know the straps came with the Switch. I thought it was a separate purchase. And she got mad at that. You can't be doing this. These aren't going to sell. They send me this me stuff because you pre-ordered. Now I'm stuck with this. You got a great trade in value only because you're supposed to buy the accessory/game. You can't keep do this. I felt bad so I asked her if I could put it towards another Switch product and if they would make her happy. I put it towards Splatoon 2 even though I'm paying $60 instead of $48 at BB.

Then she reminds me I was banned last year. And out comes that the other manager blocked me. (Her words.) And then everyone at District level got invovled and looked at my trading and I had too many points etc. All I said was interesting, the other manager is always grumpy (my nice way of putting it) and he is the same guy that was telling me to keep bringing in games. It would be nice if he makes up his mind.

But whatever. I think she had enough of my trading. I did $1500 the other week. She also just got back from vacation from mexico and was there on a Sunday which was unusual so maybe she was extra crabby to be back.

Anyway I was headed out of town 1 1/2 hours away anyway as I left GS and realized there was a GS there too. Stopped by and they took back my retro games and gave me a pro-rated refund no problem.

Man I was not going to do the GS trade thing any more (especially with no EBay/gas cards) and then this latest promotion happened and I couldn't resist. I had lots of games laying around because I sell some on the side. But man this is more reason why I don't like dealing with them. Not that I blame them exactly. I mean I am not making them money really so I can understand it. But if you don't want people to trade too much why not just publish a limit and let the customer track it. Really I don't get the ban thing at all. Makes more sense to let customers know where they stand.

And also why offer pre-orders and let you cancel them without penalty if you want the customer to actually buy the thing. Nevermind offering the Switch straps as a pre-order is dumb because who needs a Switch strap at launch? The pair of joycons come with straps. The single joycon comes with a strap. The Switch comes with straps. No one needs a strap at launch. WAs dumb to offer that pre-order option at launch.
I think the problem is that you keep trading to this particular gamestop store and they know that your doing this excessive. The plan is to spread it between other stores that way they don't flag your account. During the stealth bump and 60% extra tradein I went over 5 different stores and got a total about 1700 in credits. Not one manager complained. Also I have been slowly canceling my $5 Mario Odessey preorder that I use for the extra tradein credit. :D/

How does one not get noticed. I go in to a store once and they remember 3 months later. It's annoying. I can buy a pack of gum and they will be like weren't you that guy that tried to trade in a pack of gum!
That's your problem. Trying to trade in something like a pack of gum. Try video games next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back