GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm so has anyone had a experince with gamestop,shipping items and not chargeing for it?. My master edition which i used a trade card to pay for was never charged. Credit is still there. I dont think i used a credit card as a backup payment either.

Hmm so has anyone had a experince with gamestop,shipping items and not chargeing for it?. My master edition which i used a trade card to pay for was never charged. Credit is still there. I dont think i used a credit card as a backup payment either.
Happened to me. Even received an email saying payment was declined after the items had shipped. I'm chalking it up to a GS mess-up and I got some free GBA and GCN games.

I had something similar around Christmas. I had bought four iPads and the credit was taken from my cards. A few weeks later I did a trade in and when I checked my receipt later I had more money on the card than expected (the exact amount for the first iPad). The next day even more money was on the card. The card was maxed out at that point and I had thrown my other card away already to verify the total. All in all I got ~$500 back.

Once again these are ballpark estimates.

Switch Version

Preowned:

In Stock: 0
Low Stock: 0
No Stock: 300
Sample Range: 0 - 0
National Range: 0 - 0
National Estimation: 0

New:

New In Stock: 293
New Low Stock: 7
New No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 886 - 1765
National Range: 11518 - 22945
National Estimation: 17232

Wii U Version

Preowned:

Low Stock: 7
No Stock: 293
Sample Range: 7 - 7
National Range: 91 - 91
National Estimation: 91

New:

New In Stock: 145
New Low Stock: 125
New No Stock: 30
Sample Range: 560 - 995
National Range: 7280 - 12935
National Estimation: 10108
Seems like people buying wiiu Zelda because it will be "rare" are mistaken.

It looks like the PUR Pro Gaming Pass starts next Sunday, 3/12. Nier and Mass Effect Andromeda are the 2 games eligible for the $10 off discount so far. Still looking for the requirements to get the PUR Pro Gaming Pass, but my guess is you just have to buy one of the eligible games, starting with Nier.

My flips finally arrived. i'll be flipping them for ~$16 profit. I'll be heading tomorrow to trade them in. I just hope that employees still remember that the promo hasn't expired yet. Thanks blackbeard fr the hard work on the spreadsheets.

It looks like the PUR Pro Gaming Pass starts next Sunday, 3/12. Nier and Mass Effect Andromeda are the 2 games eligible for the $10 off discount so far. Still looking for the requirements to get the PUR Pro Gaming Pass, but my guess is you just have to buy one of the eligible games, starting with Nier.
Guess I gotta return and rebuy

My flips finally arrived. i'll be flipping them for ~$16 profit. I'll be heading tomorrow to trade them in. I just hope that employees still remember that the promo hasn't expired yet. Thanks blackbeard fr the hard work on the spreadsheets.
Just a FYI base TIV and prices change tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just a FYI base TIV and prices change tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I'm trading in heart gold, soul silver, and kirby return to dreamland. I know you mentioned that they're scarce and always in demand. I picked them because they're value hasn't dropped. A nice bump would be nice. Thanks for the warning.

Blackbeard, would you be able to run estimates on stock for Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Zelda Spirit Tracks?

Just curious to see where they fall with regards to Pokemon stock levels and the TIV values.

Really wish they'd do something else besides mass effect. I already have that coming from VCO and GCU so no way it'll drop lower than 40 a piece with that promo.

With regards to the aforementioned games probably no change or slight bump. As far as other games typically month end is when stealth bumps come in. I don't think he can really predict.
Well hopefully a 4 dollar bump would be nice. Yeah I know I was just asking for his opinion see what he thinks.

Went to one of my local but far out stores..

Me: whats the return on prp
SL: no return possible on prp
Me: even if i was mislead on the details of the prp?
SL: unfortunately, like dlc the prp is a one and done
Me: but i have to sign a disclaimer for the dlc, the prp is suggested
SL: yeah i cant refund one
Me: okay if my Switch touchscreen is broken, will you exchange one?
Sl: technically, we cant exchange the system on that basis, but i probably would if i had one, but that option is months away at best.
Me: so i need to know what this purchase covers
Sl: have to call customer service for that answer
Me: have to buy something thats 1.00 or less
Sl: no no no need for that, just call in
Me: yes yes yes need for that, this .97 pair of socks please.

I wont burn him, but i will be honest about the limitations of such a pushed purchase. I know he is worried though, nd rightfully so, dude basiclly told me that i am screwed off that 30

Blackbeard, would you be able to run estimates on stock for Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Zelda Spirit Tracks?

Just curious to see where they fall with regards to Pokemon stock levels and the TIV values.
Zelda Spirit Tracks 3,809

Zelda Phantom Hourglass 3,900

not sure whats going on lately, saw someone else post about order issue, and I ordered 3 games with a trade card, they drained the card and sent no games and cancelled the order

could it either be a bump or a dump? Or which one do you think it would be for sure?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If it is a normal week whatever games go on sale / price dropped get a lower TIV and games coming off a sale or getting a price increase sometimes get a TIV bump. Every blue moon they forget to change the TIV of an on sale / price dropped game or even rarer they totally mess up the TIV like last September 28th when the high $ TIV games were trading in for $0.25 to a $1.00 and the under $5 games were trading in for $10 or more.

LOL I found the boomerangs from that day if anyone remembers:

wPD2VUc.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If it is a normal week whatever games go on sale / price dropped get a lower TIV and games coming off a sale or getting a price increase sometimes get a TIV bump. Every blue moon they forget to change the TIV of an on sale / price dropped game or even rarer they totally mess up the TIV like last September 28th when the high $ TIV games were trading in for $0.25 to a $1.00 and the under $5 games were trading in for $10 or more.

Ahh so it could be a little bit of both then huh well hopefully the games I want to trade get atleast a good little bump well thanks.

Blackbeard, thanks for your work, was able to get a Zelda SE in Harlan, KY. Got my gf to get a co-worker pick it up on his way in for me saved me a 2 hr round trip. Not to return the regular edition I got Friday, should be able to get a full refund and it was with flip credit.

LOL I found the boomerangs from that day if anyone remembers:

wPD2VUc.jpg
Yeah, that was a good day! I worked until 3PM, went to a soccer game, then did a couple sets of boomerangs on the way home and made $70 or so!

Blackbeard, any possibility for stock numbers on Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 on ps4/xb1?
:pS4:

Estimate Progress: 100%

New In Stock: 290
New Low Stock: 10
Sample Range: 880 - 1750
National Range: 11440 - 22750
National Estimation: 17095

Elapsed seconds: 0.012

:XB1:

New In Stock: 265
New Low Stock: 35
Sample Range: 830 - 1625
National Range: 10790 - 21125
National Estimation: 15958

Elapsed seconds: 0.011

Thanks man. I recently moved to Puerto Rico and there are no GameStops here. So I'm stuck with $300 in GameStop credit that I wanted to use to get my son a Switch. I guess I'll wait till I visit the mainland and hope they have a Switch in stock.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
All GS's in Puerto Rico closed last year when the government applied huge taxes to foreign based businesses to try to save their economy. Walmart is fighting them in court & everyone else US based just left.

So, since I can't get a Switch from Gamestop, I tried trading in my credits for Gas Cards (to justify buying a switch outside of Gamestop) and they wont ring up.

Were they always like that or is this something new? I had the Gamestop employees tell me my trade credits would work with gas cards and surprise, they don't. Any worthwhile gift cards that I can get by using my Gamestop trade credit?

Thanks.
AZ, EBay, gas, & Visa card purchases w/store credit were cut off last summer.

Picked up UMvC3 just now, they had about 10 copies sitting behind the counter for both Xbox and PS4. Not sure this is going to be a rare item or anything but whatever, I've been wanting to play this game for a while.

Picked up UMvC3 just now, they had about 10 copies sitting behind the counter for both Xbox and PS4. Not sure this is going to be a rare item or anything but whatever, I've been wanting to play this game for a while.
When it comes to just released games my estimates are super conservative. I would say GS printed at least 30,000 copies on each system and shipped them to stores and that does not include what the warehouse holds for online orders. So maybe 40k of each system?

I don't think the umvc3 disc will gain value unless the digital release gets delisted.

There's no reason for something to gain much value when it's available digital at retail.

I don't think the umvc3 disc will gain value unless the digital release gets delisted.

There's no reason for something to gain much value when it's available digital at retail.
Gamestop is greedy so they might decide to increase the rarity so the value goes up.

got a question for yall

i trade in 2 systems on seperate occasions to the same store with the extra bonus towards the switch

i havent picked up the system and im sure they sold it (48hr hold window over) when I go get my money will they give me any issues?

got a question for yall

i trade in 2 systems on seperate occasions to the same store with the extra bonus towards the switch

i havent picked up the system and im sure they sold it (48hr hold window over) when I go get my money will they give me any issues?
If they do, tell them to go fuck a goat and take your Preorder deposits back on a trade card unless they have a switch for you.

Titanfall 2 for Ps4 and XB1 is dotd at best buy is a flip if you wanna move credit around. 19.99 after gcu and trades in for around 25 after 40 percent bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back