GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, last time I looked at the Switch tab it had a ton of stores in stock. I was considering buying one and selling it on CL, to convert GS credit to cash, but looks like I waited too long. As a side note, is it even worth doing that? Is there still demand for the switch on CL? Only reason I ask is because I was at Best Buy and Walmart last week, and I saw switches at both stores. So they can't be that hard to come across.

So are the trade values/bonus percentage going to flow over into today or was Sunday the last day for moving things at that insane rate? I did my fair share of damage yesterday but eneded up taking today off due to dr appointment and realized I had some xtra time during the day

Wouldn't it be funny if the update killed not only this weekend's stealth bump values, but ensured that in the future, there are safeguards in place to make sure they don't pay us more for games than we bought them for?

Dang, last time I looked at the Switch tab it had a ton of stores in stock. I was considering buying one and selling it on CL, to convert GS credit to cash, but looks like I waited too long. As a side note, is it even worth doing that? Is there still demand for the switch on CL? Only reason I ask is because I was at Best Buy and Walmart last week, and I saw switches at both stores. So they can't be that hard to come across.
Definitely still demand out there. If you are selling for only MSRP you will find a buyer since it removes any need for hunting. Put an ad in CL, offer up, let go, and Facebook groups and you'll find someone.

It depends on your area. I live around Milwaukee and the Scalpers keep dropping their prices because people aren't buying from them. Every time I go to any Target around here they have a few in the case. I was in Northwest Indiana for the weekend and again every target had some. One of the Gamestops I went to there was a woman getting angry with an employee because they didn't have any. I told her that the Target across the street I had come from had 3 and the whole store cleared out. Those guys were pretty pissed lol. But it made it quicker to get my flips and get out.

Wouldn't it be funny if the update killed not only this weekend's stealth bump values, but ensured that in the future, there are safeguards in place to make sure they don't pay us more for games than we bought them for?
I'm sure our captain BB can find a way to help us screw them

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby. Don't you put that evil on us!

They are either completely redoing their sites or someone is pulling an all nighter because they fucked up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
That, or they forgot to turn the site back on after they were done...

EDIT: when was the last time you ran the neon switch tab?

Here is a couple of DPCI's that were good finds for me this weekend -

207-32-9034

207-34-0119

207-34-0179

207-34-1626

207-34-1630

207-34-0161

Used the GCU coupon on Last of Us, Uncharted collection, Ratchet & Clank along with PvZGW2, ASM2 plus some boomerangs (BLOPS collection was gold) and a couple of things I had laying about to turn $325 (including gas) into

$655 store credit

$50 on preorders I will probably cancel

$15 PUR renewal

$112 on CoD WW2 digital

some beta codes

a hat

2 copies of BLOPS 1 for 360

1 PS3 & 360 copy of BLOPS 3

Dead Rising 2 HD ps4

Probably about $25-$30 in rewards

FYI: One Piece: Burning Blood PS4 was on clearance at my local Target for $9; trades in at Gamestop with the Stealth bump for $12.xx (can't remember exactly and app is down), with COD/D2 bump is $20, with $5 bonus card is $25.

Grab 'em if you see 'em.

was the call of duty/ destiny bump only good for the weekend? found a couple of things, had to hidden gem instead.
The app shows the end date of that promo to be yesterday, 4/30. Does it happen to still work or is there a new promo going now?
The CoD/Destiny bump should have ended yesterday, but you can still get 40% (50% with PUR Pro, same as preordering only CoD over the weekend) if you buy a specific game: Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition, Yooka-Laylee, Little Nightmares, Stardew Valley, or Puyo Puyo Tetris.

The CoD/Destiny bump should have ended yesterday, but you can still get 40% (50% with PUR Pro, same as preordering only CoD over the weekend) if you buy a specific game: Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition, Yooka-Laylee, Little Nightmares, Stardew Valley, or Puyo Puyo Tetris.
Oops sorry for the shinfo... you can still get dat 50% boost for COD WWII and make some nice chedda

so, is gamestop even able to do trades? anybody on the east coast been in a store yet?
I believe the bumps are still good.. Just called my local store and asked for trade value on Pokemon Pearl which I think was bumped to $17 base, and he confirmed it was still at $17

Back from vacation and time to salvage what's left of the weekend bonuses. Only ended up with one copy of Blops Trilogy, the middle part I actually wanna keep though for Xbone. I got my NESC so that's all that matters, but shame I missed out on 60%, B2G1, and apparently Dead Space.

Sorry to y'all ordering shit last night just before the site crashed. 14 hours is a lot of sales lost, which makes me worried the rewards cat is about to be as awfull as most credit card and cell phone ones are.

Well they have been down nearly 12+ hours I think. I'm sure having their whole online business down for 12+ hours was not according to plan.

Especially after a few hours they changed the wording on the site to this: "GameStop.com is currently down for routine maintenance.

We expect to be back up in a few hours.Thank you for your patience."  and it's been way more then a "few hours". LOL.

They are either completely redoing their sites or someone is pulling an all nighter because they fucked up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I would wager the latter. After all this is Gamestop we are talking about and we all know they hire the best 3rd world programmers alive (saw it here at work personally when they brought in some cheap clowns from god knows where and we had to pay a ton in clean up/damages to the hotel because they didn't know how to use a western toilet). With their high security your credit card info is always safe here. When will these companies ever learn that a few dollars saved by cutting corners isn't worth it in the cyberworld.

If by some chance the values do hold today do u think they will hold tomorrow?

Missed out on the Flippassaince this weekend and cant make any runs today due to classes T-T

Here is a couple of DPCI's that were good finds for me this weekend -
207-32-9034
207-34-0119
207-34-0179
207-34-1626
207-34-1630
207-34-0161

Used the GCU coupon on Last of Us, Uncharted collection, Ratchet & Clank along with PvZGW2, ASM2 plus some boomerangs (BLOPS collection was gold) and a couple of things I had laying about to turn $325 (including gas) into

$655 store credit
$50 on preorders I will probably cancel
$15 PUR renewal
$112 on CoD WW2 digital
some beta codes
a hat
2 copies of BLOPS 1 for 360
1 PS3 & 360 copy of BLOPS 3
Dead Rising 2 HD ps4
Probably about $25-$30 in rewards
What GCU coupon? I'm guessing you mean gamers club unlocked? Ratchet, uncharted, etc are still $16, which isn't that great a deal and I doubt the tiv at gs was that high...

I would wager the latter. After all this is Gamestop we are talking about and we all know they hire the best 3rd world programmers alive (saw it here at work personally they brought in some cheap clowns from god knows where and we had to pay a ton in damages to the hotel because they didn't know how to use a western toilet). With their high security your credit card info is always safe here. When will these companies ever learn that a few dollars saved by cutting corners isn't worth it in the cyberworld.
Never. NEVER EVER EVER NEVER. The corporate muckety-mucks are so far removed from the daily in's and out's of their own company, that by the time any data makes it to them it is filtered to the point that it doesn't sound so bad. All the while, the people who carry the company on their backs are getting their asses stomped in by a pair of boots dipped in shit.

EDIT - I'm not speaking specifically about GameStop, but about corporations in general that outsource their labor to third-world countries in order to save a buck.

What GCU coupon? I'm guessing you mean gamers club unlocked? Ratchet, uncharted, etc are still $16, which isn't that great a deal and I doubt the tiv at gs was that high...
I'm assuming they were referring to the "My Best Buy Offer" for an extra 25% off those games. They came out to $12 with GCU, and traded in at $20 with the 60% bump. I think it might be valid still if you login and check for offers on the website or app.

GCU members have a special offer where they an additional 25% off Uncharted Collection, Ratchet & Clank, MLB: The Show 16, and The Last of Us Remastered. Stacks with the regular 20% off so game is $11.99 each

sign in to your best buy account, click on "Hi, ____ (name)", and then click on "member offers". Valid Mar. 28, 2017 - May. 2, 2017

Or it won't work at all. ;)
I can't test it but it feels like the same situation as the day after Christmas when the computer systems get overloaded and PUR certs work on multiple transactions because I am assuming whatever POST data that they need to send to their server to expire the coupon never makes it due to the overloaded connections. They are saying on reddit their in store systems are extremely slow right now.

I'm assuming they were referring to the "My Best Buy Offer" for an extra 25% off those games. They came out to $12 with GCU, and traded in at $20 with the 60% bump. I think it might be valid still if you login and check for offers on the website or app.

GCU members have a special offer where they an additional 25% off Uncharted Collection, Ratchet & Clank, MLB: The Show 16, and The Last of Us Remastered. Stacks with the regular 20% off so game is $11.99 each

sign in to your best buy account, click on "Hi, ____ (name)", and then click on "member offers". Valid Mar. 28, 2017 - May. 2, 2017
Ooh, nice. Thanks for the heads up. Have been wanting to pick up Uncharted and Ratchet again.

so, is gamestop even able to do trades? anybody on the east coast been in a store yet?
Weekend stealth bump is still on. Traded in 11 games towards tetris for Switch. Got 40% + 10% bonus.
$262.50 credit today.
Total credit racked up this weekend $1940; 5 trade transactions. I'm done.

Yeah if you go on the best buy website you can see my offers under the pop up when you click on your name and it worked on multiple copies on friday.
Shit. I traded them in and re-bought them at BestBuy and didnt know about the coupon. It ended up being like $14 shipped per pre-owned copy for me but still.

Also, looks like I have to call the hotline. Decided to be an idiot and order a GC on the website and it never showed up.

Since TIVs on the site are fucked at the moment, I was wondering if anyone could report on TIVs for the following:

Dishonored 2 PS4 & XB1
Borderlands XB1

Life Is Strange PS4

Ratchet & Clank PS4

Deformers PS4

Dead Souls III PS4

Since TIVs on the site are fucked at the moment, I was wondering if anyone could report on TIVs for the following:

Dishonored 2 PS4 & XB1
Borderlands XB1

Life Is Strange PS4

Ratchet & Clank PS4

Deformers PS4

Dead Souls III PS4
Should be the same base TIV on my spreadsheets currently as the boosted values were "guaranteed" through today

"multi-use" coupon? You think a used coupon could work today or are you just saying if I had one that had not been used yet, it would work multiple times? Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back