GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
360 version as well.

NBA 2K17 360 trades in for the same amount, and should be the same price as PS3 in store at Walmart. The Walmart website shows a price of $29.47 for the 360 version, but Brickseek is showing a price of $19.93 at all stores in my search area.

PS3 SKU: 54525899

360 SKU: 54525901
Nice catch! Checked Brickseek and said my store had 17. Price was marked on the shelf at 19.93, picked up 3 for trading later today!

360 version as well.

NBA 2K17 360 trades in for the same amount, and should be the same price as PS3 in store at Walmart. The Walmart website shows a price of $29.47 for the 360 version, but Brickseek is showing a price of $19.93 at all stores in my search area.

PS3 SKU: 54525899
360 SKU: 54525901
I can confirm the 360 version is $19.93

Checked the FAQ and didn't see an answer to this - are PUR coupons tied to the account? I was thinking about redeeming a $20 PUR coupon on my account and having my wife do a trade on her account and picking up The Surge. 

Checked the FAQ and didn't see an answer to this - are PUR coupons tied to the account? I was thinking about redeeming a $20 PUR coupon on my account and having my wife do a trade on her account and picking up The Surge.
Why even risk it? Used a preowned cert from your account to buy a game from the boomerang list (there are lots of $15 and $25 options), and have her trade the game in towards The Surge (be cool and trade it at another store). You'll end up with a few extra $$ from the boomerang and won't have to worry about using a cert on a different account.

No changes at all today, please proceed to pillage your local GS, Switch restock for Memorial Day weekend was a lie, that is all.

I've been out of the loop for a while but I can't believe the Switch still isn't widely available. I saw 3 in Walmart last night just sitting there and thought the supply had caught up but then I see them selling for $60-100 over msrp on Amazon.

Gonna go rebuy uncharted collection with the $15 reward I earned from flips yesterday.

Look harder or just do a CTRL+F search next time, searching "coupon" would've yielded you the answer you're looking for

Q: Can I buy PUR certificates from other people and use them for myself, with my own account?
A: There have been reports of both accounts getting permanently banned, so this is inadvisable. Do it at your own risk.

I've been out of the loop for a while but I can't believe the Switch still isn't widely available. I saw 3 in Walmart last night just sitting there and thought the supply had caught up but then I see them selling for $60-100 over msrp on Amazon.
Its not that hard to find. Gamestop just doesn't want to carry them in store and prefer to force you to buy a bundle online

If you're flipping Switch games, take a second and check if the physical purchase My Nintendo Account coins have been redeemed yet.

I nabbed some for my wife's Nintendo that way. Hopefully there will be something worth using the coins on someday.

I know that it can take a day or two for the B2G1 coupon to appear but I'm curious if anyone knows what time of day they typically post new active offers.  Basically just wondering when the chance of it appearing today is extinguished.

Thanks guys.

If you're flipping Switch games, take a second and check if the physical purchase My Nintendo Account coins have been redeemed yet.

I nabbed some for my wife's Nintendo that way. Hopefully there will be something worth using the coins on someday.
They have the Pikmin 3 DLC and Yoshi and Pikmin 3DS themes available, but that's about it. I miss when they'd actually have full game downloads you could get, or all the physical swag from Club Nintendo

Look harder or just do a CTRL+F search next time, searching "coupon" would've yielded you the answer you're looking for

Q: Can I buy PUR certificates from other people and use them for myself, with my own account?
A: There have been reports of both accounts getting permanently banned, so this is inadvisable. Do it at your own risk.
Tyvm

fuck.  I just realized I traded in my 5th copy of a game today.  Stupid mistake, should have double checked my spreadsheet.  Never trade before having your morning coffee, folks.

Now I'm curious how fast the ban kicks in.  If I rush this afternoon, could I use my B2G1 to do the big boomerang I was planning on doing tomorrow?

Hmm, looks like what happens during bans isn't in the FAQ, this might be a useful topic to add there.

Got some of my credit back after funding my upcoming California trip. Also renewed my pro again no issues or BS this time. Thinking of making a 4th account as well since I recently moved and actually have a new address to use now! + this area doesn't ID

They have the Pikmin 3 DLC and Yoshi and Pikmin 3DS themes available, but that's about it. I miss when they'd actually have full game downloads you could get, or all the physical swag from Club Nintendo
I still have a bunch of Gold Nunchucks from back in the day when it was so easy to get coins

fuck. I just realized I traded in my 5th copy of a game today. Stupid mistake, should have double checked my spreadsheet. Never trade before having your morning coffee, folks.

Now I'm curious how fast the ban kicks in. If I rush this afternoon, could I use my B2G1 to do the big boomerang I was planning on doing tomorrow?

Hmm, looks like what happens during bans isn't in the FAQ, this might be a useful topic to add there.
To all casualties of the May 2017 Stealth Bump

Keen314

Brett3964

BryanDGAF

giphy.gif

fuck. I just realized I traded in my 5th copy of a game today. Stupid mistake, should have double checked my spreadsheet. Never trade before having your morning coffee, folks.

Now I'm curious how fast the ban kicks in. If I rush this afternoon, could I use my B2G1 to do the big boomerang I was planning on doing tomorrow?

From the FAQ: "Going over this limit will get you trade-banned for 90 days, and possibly more for each repeat offense."

i saw 3 at walmart today, 2 at target yesterday and alot at best buy, i think gamestop is the only one making them seem scarce to push their BS bundles.

Question about extra trade in credit towards a particular purchase. 

Let's say I trade in about $300 worth of games and say I want to put it towards Tell Tales Guardians of the galaxy, which is only $30 and currently has a 40% trade in bonus. Will I get the bonus on each game I trade, or is there some kind of cap that the bonus cannot exceed the price of the item being purchased.

Let's say I trade in about $300 worth of games and say I want to put it towards Tell Tales Guardians of the galaxy, which is only $30 and currently has a 40% trade in bonus. Will I get the bonus on each game I trade, or is there some kind of cap that the bonus cannot exceed the price of the item being purchased.
You have to buy one copy of Guardians per game you want to trade to get the bonus.

Dear God FAQ Page 1

What is the limit you can put on those black trade cards? Also is the limit the same for PUR Pro card?
$999.99 for the black generic
Don't even bother asking for your credit on your PUR card. Ask for the merch card.

Right, but during the ban, what happens to your credit on your PUR card, your PUR points, etc?
Can't speak for if your credit is frozen, however I can confirm your points can still be cashed out and you can use the certificates.

Go today, because you will be banned tomorrow. Get it all out your system

Right, but during the ban, what happens to your credit on your PUR card, your PUR points, etc?
What would a temporary trade-in ban have to do with your existing credit or points? Just seems like useless and confusing information to tell people what DOESN'T happen during a trade ban

To all casualties of the May 2017 Stealth Bump

Keen314
Brett3964
BryanDGAF

giphy.gif
Haha! I busted out laughing. I went over things again this morning and I know for a fact I didn't go over any game or trade limits. So I must of been flagged by some jr detective "/. I went to one store a week ago that I never go to and I bet that's when it happened. Well I'm routing for y'all on the sidelines for awhile. At least I got away with $600 in credit before it happened.

There seems to be a limit of 2-3 in-store pickup holds, before the website errors out and doesn't let me do any more. I was sure somebody said you could add a "." to your phone number or email or something to get around this.

There seems to be a limit of 2-3 in-store pickup holds, before the website errors out and doesn't let me do any more. I was sure somebody said you could add a "." to your phone number or email or something to get around this.
you can do any email or # or you want. Its only your name that matters. I've done plenty of holds at different stores with different emails with no issue at pickup.

I put 12 games on hold at a store an hour before it opened this morning through the website.

you can do any email or # or you want. Its only your name that matters. I've done plenty of holds at different stores with different emails with no issue at pickup.

I put 12 games on hold at a store an hour before it opened this morning through the website.
I just keep getting an error saying that the order could not be completed and to try again later. I mean that's not the usual error I get, but all the same.

Sad day, gameStop by my house finally has Amazon gift cards. Went to get 1 and employee called DM. DM said no game stops in my city will allow trade credit > Amazon. :(

Sad day, gameStop by my house finally has Amazon gift cards. Went to get 1 and employee called DM. DM said no game stops in my city will allow trade credit > Amazon. :(
Don't say you're using your trade credit card, just use it when they ring up the sale. If you're super paranoid about it, you could put a sticker over the front of the card to hide that it's a gamestop trade credit card.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection on PS4 is a decent flip from Best Buy to Gamestop if you have GCU. It's $20 with GCU and Gamestop has a base trade value of $25 ($37.50 with the Rime promo and PUR Pro). Did that, PvZGW2, NBA 2K17 on 360, and Prey for $153.75.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection on PS4 is a decent flip from Best Buy to Gamestop if you have GCU. It's $20 with GCU and Gamestop has a base trade value of $25 ($37.50 with the Rime promo and PUR Pro). Did that, PvZGW2, NBA 2K17 on 360, and Prey for $153.75.
Yeah BB mentioned those in his spreadsheet.

Some of their employees just have good memories. I have 2 at my local that remember me and I haven't done anything at all to be memorable. I just buy a few games, make a few trades and leave. But they remember me and what systems and games I play. Most I've ever traded at once was a little over $100
Unfortunately they remember me coz of the high balances i used to have on my trade cards and amount of lifetime points is high which i don't think is that high and amount of money ive saved with my pro acct is considered high which i don't think is high at all... and they either love yelling it out or tell everyone to come over and look at the screen geez.... "Thats the most I've seen since working at Gamestop." rofl i don't live in a bad area or anything but i don't wanna be mugged outside of the store geez.. most of u with over a million lifetime points have prolly saved over $100k or so according to ur receipts with trade bonuses and all lol. Now i would think thats high!

Now with my alt acct...im gonna guess it is not safe to use my real acct's trade cards to buy things if that website https://www.gamestop.com/SVCredit/SVCard/Email links that trade card with ur main acct right?

Local half price books came in handy with the 20% off sale this weekend. Picked up a black ops II for 7.99 for x360 and a couple mario karts for the wii and mario bros for the ds for 11.99 each. Well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back