GameStop Wii Game Discounts, Updated 9-3-15

Billytwoshoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Been some time since the last update, finally past the Skylanders / Infinity discount floods so far for most of this year, had some decent discounts recently on actual games.  I've selected the highlights from this last drop today, though you can see the full list here.

Note these are all pre-owned prices, unless otherwise noted.

$0.99

$1.99

$2.99

$3.99

$4.99

$6.99

$8.99

$9.99 (Good to watch out for future B2G1 sales)

Last edited by a moderator:
Castle of shikigami is a fantastic game for those who can not play the HD version on a 360-J.

Baroque is also a very unique dungeon crawler by Atlus.

I'd recommend these two games to those who enjoy shoot'em ups and roguelikes.

WiiPlay Motion has been cheaper during sears clearance (I picked mine up for $5 each), but as far as sales and price drops go, this is probably the cheapest I've seen as well.

I agree. With the 360 getting basically all of the SHMUPs, any on other systems is welcome.

If you can find it, SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 is $5 for the Wii. Totally great collection.

I placed an in store pickup reservation for Sakura Wars this morning but wasn't able to make it in today.

I should be able to waltz in tomorrow with no problems, right?

I placed an in store pickup reservation for Sakura Wars this morning but wasn't able to make it in today.

I should be able to waltz in tomorrow with no problems, right?
I think they hold it for up to 2 business days, so tomorrow should be fine.

For some reason the last three reservations I've done at GS were declined, but when I went in that same day as the cancellation, the games were sitting right there on the shelf. You should be good if you at least got the confirmation email.

[quote name="786110" post="11434966" timestamp="1389402327"]I placed an in store pickup reservation for Sakura Wars this morning but wasn't able to make it in today.

I should be able to waltz in tomorrow with no problems, right?[/quote]

yes. They hold it for 3 days.

I was able to get Castle Shikigami 3 for $3 thanks to this thread. Unfortunately it was disc only but what can ya do. Anyway I just wanted to add that Heavenly Guardian is $1. Poor reviews but I'll try it for a $1. I remember wanting that when it was announced as a budget release but it got delayed and I forgot about it.

Damn, didn't realize A Boy and His Blob was that cheap. Unfortunately there isn't anywhere near me that has it. Is there a way to get Gamestops to ship from one store to another? Doubt that they'd do it for me for a five dollar purchase though..

Updating this thread after a long hiatus, GS finally did some more widespread drops on Wii games, with the noteworthy (IMO) drops below.  Good prep material for the next B2G1 sale.

$2.99

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Ghost Squad

$3.99

The Conduit

Boom Blox 

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree 

$4.99

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings  (This comes with the classic Fate of Atlantis game, matches Steam pricing for that alone)

Endless Ocean

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor (been at this price for a month or two, but finally added it to the list)

Updating this thread after a long hiatus, GS finally did some more widespread drops on Wii games, with the noteworthy (IMO) drops below. Good prep material for the next B2G1 sale.

$2.99

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Ghost Squad

$3.99

The Conduit

Boom Blox

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

$4.99

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (This comes with the classic Fate of Atlantis game, matches Steam pricing for that alone)

Endless Ocean

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor (been at this price for a month or two, but finally added it to the list)
Need to find a complete copy of Endless ocean. Been waiting to pick it up.

Still looking to find a few others on that list as well but haven't had much luck (Phantom Brave, Sakura Wars, Castle of Shikagami, Guilty Gear Accent Core, etc....)

Thanks for bumping the thread. I totally forgot about keeping an eye out for cheap Wii games. I picked up Harvey Birdman today. It was completely mint like it had just been taken out of the shrinkwrap. It looks pretty nuts for only $2.99. CGRUndertow's review describes it as a dumbed down, juvenile Phoenix Wright. It's so bizarre I had to pick it up.

A list like this can remind people that the Wii did have some good third-party games.
I agree there were some good ones. One of my favorites is Mad World. I'm not sure how well the 3rd party games actually sold. The Wii had a gigantic, enormous, extraordinary console install base, but I think a lot of people just let their consoles collect dust. I lot of people I know bought the console, but didn't buy much software (especially 3rd party software). I still go over to friends and relatives houses and in their entertainment center they have a dusty Wii with Wii Sports and Wii Play (sometimes Wii Fit) sitting next to it. One friends has SSX Blur too, but I bet he paid like $49.99 and not .99 cents like in the OP. :wall:

BTW I can't help but take note your name and avatar. I was born in 88 and one of my first ever gaming memories is playing Sonic 2.

I agree there were some good ones. One of my favorites is Mad World. I'm not sure how well the 3rd party games actually sold. The Wii had a gigantic, enormous, extraordinary console install base, but I think a lot of people just let their consoles collect dust. I lot of people I know bought the console, but didn't buy much software (especially 3rd party software). I still go over to friends and relatives houses and in their entertainment center they have a dusty Wii with Wii Sports and Wii Play (sometimes Wii Fit) sitting next to it. One friends has SSX Blur too, but I bet he paid like $49.99 and not .99 cents like in the OP. :wall:

BTW I can't help but take note your name and avatar. I was born in 88 and one of my first ever gaming memories is playing Sonic 2.
I made it specifically for you.

...Or it's just an insane coincidence, haha.

More price drops today, but most of them are not really noteworthy.  Trauma Team is the most significant, good price if you can find a complete copy (not that many copies floating around, plus the resale value never tanked like its Wii predecessors).  Onechanbara is a great price too, if not only for a simple M-rated guilty pleasure (which are pretty far and few between on Wii).

$1.99

Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers

$9.99

Trauma Team

Wii Play Motion (Game Only)  (actually this dropped last week, decided to add it in the mix this week for future B2G1 potential)

Also a ton of Cabela's games discounted today if anyone was interested in those.

I look forward to even more price drops as we continue to get into the next gen. Retailers are going to need the space so the Wii games (new and used) will likely get discounted swiftly over the next year.....or at least I hope :)
It wont happen anytime soon. Wii games still sell since the wiiu plays them. Lamestop certainly wont diminish them much since used stuff is their business.

360 and ps3 systems are still being made and ps3 still has quite a few great games coming out so they wont go anywhere anytime soon either.

You'll get some price drops but no great purge, no one is going to dump off games that are still selling. Wiiu sucks overall and ps4 and xbone are still struggling to get games that arent cross gen.

Damn store doesn't know a good game when it sees it; offering Shiren the Wanderer for $5 (and the DS game for $2). Those are a steal.

I already got most of what I want for Wii, but here's hoping there's a copy of Baroque near me.

when do you guys suppose they'll start chucking the cases like they did with the DS/PS2?
A few stores that I've been to have already started throwing out the cheap 360/Wii game cases and keep the games in yellow sleeves near the register.

Last edited:
Not so on the case dumping. Maybe YMMV. I went to an out of the way GameStop last night and found the following all complete with case and manual (prices after PUR discount):

The Conduit: Special Edition - $3.59
Sam & Max: Season 2 - $2.69
Harvey Birdman - $2.69
Trauma Center: New Blood - $6.29
Let's Tap - $4.49
Drawn to Life: Next Chapter - $2.69
Broken Sword: Director's Cut - $4.49

The Wii is still a decent console, IMO, and since I have no plans to buy PS4 and XB One at this point, I can see myself continuing to enjoy its library. I had also recently purchased Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for $4.49 at another store, which is also very enjoyable.

I've recently (over the past 6 months or so) started digging into the Wii's library some and it's amazing to me how many hidden gems there are.  It seems like every time I pick up a few I hear about a few more so my list never shrinks - if anything it grows!  :p  Anyway, I went out of town this past weekend & hit a few stores I hadn't been to before - managed to grab all of these complete:

Heavenly Guardians (couldn't pass for .99)

Dragon Quest Swords ($4.99)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Rabbids Go Home ($9.99 - had this once before & really enjoyed it so I've been meaning to pick it back up)

Shiren the Wanderer (paid $14.99 new because haven't seen it used anywhere & it's Atlus)

Metal Slug Anthology ($9.99)

Titles in red are not currently in the OP.  I've also been hitting up those DS racks by the register, there are some fantastic hidden gems in there as well for really cheap.  Again, this past weekend I picked up:

Ontamarama - $1.99

Soul Bubbles - $2.99

Ragnarok DS - $6.99

Atelier Annie Alchemists of Sera Island - $6.99

Metroid Prime Pinball - $4.99

New Zealand Story: Revolution - $1.99

Flower Sun And Rain - $2.99

Trauma Center: Under The Knife - $4.99

Many of those I heard about from a YouTube channel I follow.  Anyway, don't look over those DS racks - no cases of course, but for the prices it's hard to complain TOO much.  ;)  

Hmmmm, gonna try and find Indiana Jones so I can own that Fate of Atlantis game. Always wanted to play that when I was a kid. Now the hunt begins to find the game in a complete case. Several stores by me haven't thrown out cases for games less than $5, but now is the time to start collecting the gems of the previous generation before they're all gone

Hmmmm, gonna try and find Indiana Jones so I can own that Fate of Atlantis game. Always wanted to play that when I was a kid. Now the hunt begins to find the game in a complete case. Several stores by me haven't thrown out cases for games less than $5, but now is the time to start collecting the gems of the previous generation before they're all gone
Don't forget that you can always print out the FoA Wii cover art if you do find disc only. That looks better on the game shelf than the Staff of Kings IMO.

I went back to the same store that I had previously posted that I went to a few days ago and bought the following all complete (prices after PUR discount):

Ocean Commander - 89 cents
Rooms - $2.69
Thrillville: Off the Rails - $2.69
Dawn of Discovery - $6.29

I passed on a copy of Nights for $1.99 and a copy of Wii Music for $2.99 because the cases were beat to hell, but I'm thinking about going back for both. I've already got a massive Wii game backlog. Can anyone recommend either game?

I'm planning to play 10 Wii games this weekend. I started with Lost Shadow, which is a surprisingly good trippy kind of action puzzle game. Sort of a cross between Ico on PS2 and Limbo on 360. I would highly recommend it. No spoilers, but I played for 30 minutes before I realized I hadn't truly begun the game.

I passed on a copy of Nights for $1.99 and a copy of Wii Music for $2.99 because the cases were beat to hell, but I'm thinking about going back for both. I've already got a massive Wii game backlog. Can anyone recommend either game?
Wii Music is fun for $3, especially if you have kids for a distraction now and then. Shallow would be the best adjective for it, but then again so are kiddie pools and those can still be entertaining with the right crowd and mindset.

Nights I wouldn't recommend, the flying sections are enjoyable (obviously), but not worth it to put up with a relatively unpolished game with too many tedious parts in between. Unless you are a die-hard Nights fan, then I guess you have to take what you can get.

Those are really great prices for a few titles I'm still thinking about getting, but the staff at the closest four Gamestops have been swapped out for complete d-bags.

Might try my luck at one of the mall stores, since foot traffic is so high they're slightly less likely to try and bullshit you IE: Pre-order the new Madden bro!/call of duty is hella-sick/#yoloswag. These are only a small sample of things I've actually overheard the clerks at my CLOSEST store say to customers/each other, completely un-ironically.

Double fuck them if they start throwing out the cases & use those yellow sleeves.

/rant

Thanks for the updates, folks.

Wii Music is fun for $3, especially if you have kids for a distraction now and then. Shallow would be the best adjective for it, but then again so are kiddie pools and those can still be entertaining with the right crowd and mindset.

Nights I wouldn't recommend, the flying sections are enjoyable (obviously), but not worth it to put up with a relatively unpolished game with too many tedious parts in between. Unless you are a die-hard Nights fan, then I guess you have to take what you can get.
Yeah, I never really understood why people went so nuts over Nights on the Saturn. I've never turned down a $2 game before, but I left it there on two separate occasions. Maybe there was a reason. I had planned to hit a different GameStop this weekend, so I'm hoping I might find some more cheap Wii games this weekend. Thanks, though.

The Wii is one of those console that has some of the greatest games of all time (Super Mario Galaxys), massive amount of shovelware and a ton of overlooked and underrated games.

I love searching for hidden gems.

More cheapies at a faraway store I passed by this morning (price after PUR discount):

Spectrobes Origins - $2.69
Roogoo Twisted Towers - $2.69 (an XBL port)
Marble Saga Kororinpa - $4.49
Star Wars: Force Unleashed - $2.69

Not Wii related, but I also found a copy of Time Crisis: Raizing Storm for PS3 for $8.99. Been looking for that one for a while since it uses Move.

More cheapies at a faraway store I passed by this morning (price after PUR discount):

Spectrobes Origins - $2.69
Roogoo Twisted Towers - $2.69 (an XBL port)
Marble Saga Kororinpa - $4.49
Star Wars: Force Unleashed - $2.69

Not Wii related, but I also found a copy of Time Crisis: Raizing Storm for PS3 for $8.99. Been looking for that one for a while since it uses Move.
FYI Sam Club sold Time Crisis ps3 for $5.

Not Wii related, but got a complete dark spire ds game $10.

Lunar Knights $7 cart only.

Anyone know how good is final fantasy cocobo fables for ds? Is it a RPG?

Bought Shiren the wander today. I really don't play these types of games but since its Atlus, I just went ahead and got it. It could go up in price so buy it while you can.

unfortunately finding most of these and much less in good condition seems like playing the lottery.

but good reminder probably time to start getting what you want on the WIi before some games randomly become rare and go up to insane prices.

Chocobo Tales is one of the Mystery Dungeon titles, which ironically is the same type of game as Shiren the Wanderer that was mentioned in the next post below yours, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Torneko and Chocobo Mystery Dungeon which has randomized dungeons. Also, I believe you lose your items if you complete a dungeon but you gain experience.

And there isn't a Sam's Club near me, but I had been looking for TC for PS3 for a while since I love light gun games. Also, I'd like to give a quick plug to Batman: Brave and the Bold for Wii. I don't know how cheap it is at GS, but I beat this weekend and can say that it was an enjoyable 2D beat em up game that used Wii controls. Developed by Wayforward, it's a kid's game but it has a decent difficulty level with plenty of fan service for DC fans or fans of the cartoon.

Chocobo Tales is one of the Mystery Dungeon titles, which ironically is the same type of game as Shiren the Wanderer that was mentioned in the next post below yours, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Torneko and Chocobo Mystery Dungeon which has randomized dungeons. Also, I believe you lose your items if you complete a dungeon but you gain experience.

And there isn't a Sam's Club near me, but I had been looking for TC for PS3 for a while since I love light gun games. Also, I'd like to give a quick plug to Batman: Brave and the Bold for Wii. I don't know how cheap it is at GS, but I beat it this weekend and can say that it was an enjoyable 2D beat em up game that used Wii controls. Developed by Wayforward, it's a kid's game but it has a decent difficulty level with plenty of fan service for DC fans or fans of the cartoon.

unfortunately finding most of these and much less in good condition seems like playing the lottery.

but good reminder probably time to start getting what you want on the WIi before some games randomly become rare and go up to insane prices.
I've been thinking the same thing. I was trying not to spend any GS credit and save up for a PS4, but I've been blowing it away little by little partly thanks to this thread. :) The other day I bought Sam and Max 1, and 2, SSX blur, Rhythm Heaven Fever, and a couple others. The games were in perfect shape, but the Sam and Max games didn't have manuals. Does anyone know if these games originally included manuals?

I'm tempted to get The Dragon Lair Trilogy and Muramasa: The Demon Blade. They're not the best prices at GS, but probably cheaper than Amazon and eBay. Anyone have an opinion on these? I have Dragon Lair HD for the 360, but the wii Trilogy sort of seems like an intriguing game to check out.

if you can find skycrawlers, I would pick that up, got it for about 6.50, very enjoyable when you use the non motion control setup, made me watch the anime, left me more confused though, just finished the game, might play more to unlock the other planes.

bread's done
Back