GameStop Wii Game Discounts, Updated 9-3-15

Billytwoshoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Been some time since the last update, finally past the Skylanders / Infinity discount floods so far for most of this year, had some decent discounts recently on actual games.  I've selected the highlights from this last drop today, though you can see the full list here.

Note these are all pre-owned prices, unless otherwise noted.

$0.99

$1.99

$2.99

$3.99

$4.99

$6.99

$8.99

$9.99 (Good to watch out for future B2G1 sales)

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to my local gamestop and got them to order some games for me. They said it would be in monday. 

This is what I got:

gunblade nyc
excitebots
sky crawlers
zack and wiki
trauma center second opinion
Baroque
Oppona
Shiren the Wanderer 

Next week I'll try to grab some more stuff like a boy and his blob

I went to my local gamestop and got them to order some games for me. They said it would be in monday.
This is what I got:
gunblade nyc
excitebots
sky crawlers
zack and wiki
Baroque
Oppona
Shiren the Wanderer

What is this? They ordered games for you?

Went to a store I don't get to as often today because it's 30mins away & picked up a complete Deadly Creatures & Sky Crawlers.  Unfortunately the Guilt Gear they had was disk only so I passed on it, but hey, 2 outta 3...  ;)

We're also going to visit my father-in-law next Sat. and after doing some online stock checking it looks like the store where he lives has A Boy & His Blob, Pikmin (not cheap, but hard as heck to find - will use a b-day coupon on this if they have it complete) and Lost In Blue 2 for the DS.  

This is what I got:

gunblade nyc
excitebots
sky crawlers
zack and wiki
Baroque
Oppona
Shiren the Wanderer

So do they ship them with their cases?

Anyone think Arc Rise Fantasia will show up online? Conversely, is it worth driving an hour to get? Trying to complete my Wii collection and this seems like one that I want and could be hard to come by.

Anyone think Arc Rise Fantasia will show up online? Conversely, is it worth driving an hour to get? Trying to complete my Wii collection and this seems like one that I want and could be hard to come by.
I landed a copy off of the website about a month ago. It was missing the manual but had the cover art and the disc was in great shape. I've seen it come back in a stock a few times since but it goes fast. Just keep checking.

I landed a copy off of the website about a month ago. It was missing the manual but had the cover art and the disc was in great shape. I've seen it come back in a stock a few times since but it goes fast. Just keep checking.
I got that at best buy when it was $15. Great game. Add that to last story, etc. to your wii collection.

I got that at best buy when it was $15. Great game. Add that to last story, etc. to your wii collection.
Got last story, got xenoblades. After arc rise, it seems like a serious drop off rpg wise. Plan on picking up tales of symhonia next week, but there is not much after that.

Thanks to this thread I picked up MLB Power Pros and man is it fun. Especially for $2.50

No cover or manual sucks but I found anf printed a cover so it looks all nice and pretty with the other Wii games.

Thanks to this thread I picked up MLB Power Pros and man is it fun. Especially for $2.50

No cover or manual sucks but I found anf printed a cover so it looks all nice and pretty with the other Wii games.
Great game, really fun and unique. The cross between baseball and RPG is like my dream come true, but I can't hit worth shit.

Alright, ask and I shall receive. Arc Rise Fantasia showed up at the local store, picked it up with the birthday coupon. My Wii backlog has gotten huge in the last couple of weeks.

Just found copies of SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1 and Data East Arcade Classics complete with cover art and instructions for $4.99 each before PUR.  I can't wait to play some Bad Dudes.

Great game, really fun and unique. The cross between baseball and RPG is like my dream come true, but I can't hit worth shit.
I saw a copy of MLB Power Pros today and was going to pick it up but it was scratched to hell so I passed. I've been wanting to play it since I've heard so many good things. I guess the hunt continues.

Seems like a bad week for drops this week. Couldn't find anything notable that is a new drop. Ordered some stuff that showed up as instock the last couple of days: OneChanbara, Tenchu, Sengoku Basara, Wacky Races and Muramasa.  Also looks like one of the local stores got Baroque recently, which I will be picking up today. Still some good ones online though like Lost in Shadow and Deadly Creatures, among others. Totally random as to whether or not you get a complete copy or not though. Which reminds me, does anyone know where I can find cover art scans for Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands, Disney/Pixar's Up, or Ultimate Shooting Collection? Seems like everywhere I have looked either does not have those games, or has lower resolution scans of them. Any help would be appreciated on that.

Seems like a bad week for drops this week. Couldn't find anything notable that is a new drop. Ordered some stuff that showed up as instock the last couple of days: OneChanbara, Tenchu, Sengoku Basara, Wacky Races and Muramasa. Also looks like one of the local stores got Baroque recently, which I will be picking up today. Still some good ones online though like Lost in Shadow and Deadly Creatures, among others. Totally random as to whether or not you get a complete copy or not though. Which reminds me, does anyone know where I can find cover art scans for Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands, Disney/Pixar's Up, or Ultimate Shooting Collection? Seems like everywhere I have looked either does not have those games, or has lower resolution scans of them. Any help would be appreciated on that.
http://www.dvd-covers.org/d/276698-2/1500x1007xPrince_of_Persia_The_Forgotten_Sands_DVD_NTSC_Custom_fwii.jpg.pagespeed.ic.cMTFy0fk4B.jpg

Not real cover, but it might do.

Yeah, this week's drops were either non-existant or nothing really noteworthy.  GS took about four months off from doing bulk Wii game drops before resuming last time.

They finally got a copy of Gunblade NYC / LA Machine Guns at my local gamestop ... and they raised the price.  I knew it wasn't going to stay low for that long.  Think I'll still buy it if it's minty and complete.

I finally found one of the games I been looking for. Grabbed a complete Guilty Gear Accent Core for $1.79 :). Wish it was the Plus variant but for $1.79 no complaints.

They finally got a copy of Gunblade NYC / LA Machine Guns at my local gamestop ... and they raised the price. I knew it wasn't going to stay low for that long. Think I'll still buy it if it's minty and complete.
Thanks for pointing this out, changed the OP accordingly. Odd why they would bother raising the price on a game that has so little stock in the first place. Certainly isn't a big name title either...

Thanks for pointing this out, changed the OP accordingly. Odd why they would bother raising the price on a game that has so little stock in the first place. Certainly isn't a big name title either...
Not that it was in the OP, but Ultimate Shooting Collection went from 1.99 to 3.99. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Bumping this thread because it seems relevant that Wii & DS games are b2g1 at GS.
Picked up
$1.99 games - GT Pro Series, Backyard Football & Sky Crawlers
4.99 - Centipede Infestation, My Sims Racing & Pinball HoF Gottlieb
9.99 - No More Heroes 1 & 2 and House of the Dead Overkill

For a total of ~$30 I am pretty happy. Had been looking for Pinball and Sky Crawlers since I started following the cheap Wii games at GS, and those 9.99 games I was waiting on a sale like this to pick up. All of those came complete too, which was nice. After this I may be nearing the end of my Wii collection, looking down the list of games there are not a lot more at any price that interest me too much, just have to find a Zack and Wiki somewhere.

I was on vacation and stopped on the way and grabbed the following. 

Order Up

Sengoku Basara

Zack and Wiki

Real Heroes: Firefighters

Safecracker

Endless Ocean

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

Sam and Max Season 2

The Conduit Special Edition

Battalion Wars 2

Deadly Creatures

Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection

All were complete and atleast in decent condition except Pinball which was missing the manual only. I returned and rebought them today for a total of $$30. Glad I was finally able to find a lot of these I've been looking for complete and even able to get b2g1.

You folks buying Deadly Creatures, are you finding it complete with cover art and manual? I've come across it in like 5 different Gamestops, but they've all been in the generic store packaging.

You folks buying Deadly Creatures, are you finding it complete with cover art and manual? I've come across it in like 5 different Gamestops, but they've all been in the generic store packaging.
I've only seen Deadly Creatures once at a GS that had the official cover art, but still no manual. All other copies I've found in the past were just disc only in the generic packaging.

LEGO Batman is 3.99 as the preowned deal of the week this week. Online only, but also only $1 shipping. Also if you are getting 3 7.99 games in the b2g1 sale and don't want to pay shipping you can throw this on there with saver to get free shipping. Picked up Samurai Warriors 3, King of Fighters Collection and Chuck E Cheese party games this way... Shut up I loved Chuck E Cheese when I was a kid ok and this way I can share it with my kid, sort of...

LEGO Batman is 3.99 as the preowned deal of the week this week. Online only, but also only $1 shipping. Also if you are getting 3 7.99 games in the b2g1 sale and don't want to pay shipping you can throw this on there with saver to get free shipping. Picked up Samurai Warriors 3, King of Fighters Collection and Chuck E Cheese party games this way... Shut up I loved Chuck E Cheese when I was a kid ok and this way I can share it with my kid, sort of...
Thanks man did not know orochi saga was in stock online. Went on the site to make a B2G1 order around and it couldnt find anything so I said screw it I will buy either buy 3 or 2 with Castlevania Judgment. Went to checkout and it changes it to one. Then the hunt truly began. Ended up with Valhalla Knights Edler Saga ($9.99), Castlevania Judgment ($9.99), and Orochi Saga ($7.99) for around $21 with tax. Great prices for VKES and OS if they come complete and an okay price for CJ. I might want to switch that out when I get it but I didnt know what else to get. Either way thanks for the heads up on your order it helped me out.

Edit: When does this sale end? I know what I can replace CJ with at a nearby store. It all depends if I get this saver shipment gets to me before it ends.

Edit 2: It expires on the 27th.

Are you guys finding any cheap hidden gems in the DS section? I'm looking for some backups in case I can't find 3 similarly priced Wii games at one location.

It's kind of a pain to return and rebuy at different stores, but I definitely do it. Having some DS backup games might help avoid this.

Are you guys finding any cheap hidden gems in the DS section? I'm looking for some backups in case I can't find 3 similarly priced Wii games at one location.

It's kind of a pain to return and rebuy at different stores, but I definitely do it. Having some DS backup games might help avoid this.
All of the DS games are cart only, so I haven't even looked. If you are fine with cart only games though, I am sure there are some worthwhile ones around.

All of the DS games are cart only, so I haven't even looked. If you are fine with cart only games though, I am sure there are some worthwhile ones around.
That's the same hesitation I have. B2G1 isn't a good enough sale for me to want to purchase a bunch of cart only games. When they hit 75% probably years from now, I'll be interested.

Thanks for the heads up on the LEGO Batman, but how'd you get $1 shipping? I'm showing $3.50 is the cheapest option?

Thanks man did not know orochi saga was in stock online. Went on the site to make a B2G1 order around and it couldnt find anything so I said screw it I will buy either buy 3 or 2 with Castlevania Judgment. Went to checkout and it changes it to one. Then the hunt truly began. Ended up with Valhalla Knights Edler Saga ($9.99), Castlevania Judgment ($9.99), and Orochi Saga ($7.99) for around $21 with tax. Great prices for VKES and OS if they come complete and an okay price for CJ. I might want to switch that out when I get it but I didnt know what else to get. Either way thanks for the heads up on your order it helped me out.

Edit: When does this sale end? I know what I can replace CJ with at a nearby store. It all depends if I get this saver shipment gets to me before it ends.

Edit 2: It expires on the 27th.
I didn't see this, but when the sale started I got Valhalla Knights, KoF Orochi Saga, and No More Heroes 2. Price came to like $19. All came complete except Valhalla Knights, which was missing the manual.

some gamestops keep cases of the more expensive or noncollectable games. mine still had pokemon phoenix wright and chrono trigger with cases

Thanks for the heads up on the LEGO Batman, but how'd you get $1 shipping? I'm showing $3.50 is the cheapest option?
I think $1 shipping only works if all you have in the cart is 1 Lego Batman. Otherwise you can get your cart up to $25 before any discounts and use saver for free shipping.

I didn't see this, but when the sale started I got Valhalla Knights, KoF Orochi Saga, and No More Heroes 2. Price came to like $19. All came complete except Valhalla Knights, which was missing the manual.
I think I'd rather have those three :) There is a NMH2 near my house too - hopefully they will let me swap out CJ when I get it. It is set to arrive on the 28th though.

Actually found 2 things for $9.99 I want there. What is some other good $9.99 Wii/DS stuff I can check for not in the OP? Might as well do another B2G1.

Actually found 2 things for $9.99 I want there. What is some other good $9.99 Wii/DS stuff I can check for not in the OP? Might as well do another B2G1.
For Wii I would recommend looking for the following at $9.99:

Wario Land: Shake it!

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon

Dead Space: Extraction

Metal Slug Anthology

Monster Hunter Tri (only offline now though obviously)

Klonoa

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

I think I'd rather have those three :) There is a NMH2 near my house too - hopefully they will let me swap out CJ when I get it. It is set to arrive on the 28th though.

I already had Castlevania Judgment or it very well may have been one of them :) My nearest GS is down to mostly Just Dance, Sports, etc... Was happy I took a chance online and got those 3 out of the way since they arrived complete, minus 1 manual, and in good condition.

I was able to snag Arc Rise Fantasia online the week before. It also came complete. Think I've probably used up my good luck on complete Wii games from GS Online for a while, LOL!

bread's done
Back