GameStop Wii Game Discounts, Updated 9-3-15

Billytwoshoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Been some time since the last update, finally past the Skylanders / Infinity discount floods so far for most of this year, had some decent discounts recently on actual games.  I've selected the highlights from this last drop today, though you can see the full list here.

Note these are all pre-owned prices, unless otherwise noted.

$0.99

$1.99

$2.99

$3.99

$4.99

$6.99

$8.99

$9.99 (Good to watch out for future B2G1 sales)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the list. I have everything but Wario Land, FFF, and Klonoa. Only Wario Land is near me but idk if I want it haha.

^ I passed ARF for $16 on AWD. Regret it ever since. 

I think $1 shipping only works if all you have in the cart is 1 Lego Batman. Otherwise you can get your cart up to $25 before any discounts and use saver for free shipping.
Good call, thanks! it worked once i removed the cag16 code out, so evidently the $1 value shipping wont stack with cag16.

Heres hoping for a complete LEGO Batman. Wont hold my breath.

Thanks for the heads up, I did an inventory check & only one store within like 70 miles of me had it in stock, and it was the one across the street from where I work.  Ran over there on my lunch break & it was complete!  :D

Rhythm Heaven Fever is easily one of the best games I've played on the Wii. But you pretty much need to have at least some interest in the genre.

Gonna scour a local Gamestop on the way home to see what they have. Haven't checked in about a month or two.

Gaaaahhh, so many cheap games. And I just stocked up on some PSP stuff! 

BTW, I thought they are supposed to move into the mobile market more? I wonder if the price drops are to help them get the games out of their system?

Got a bunch of buy 2 get 1 free under 19.99 code. Anyone know how to use on the site? Tried to enter the code but kept saying invalid.

Shiren the Wanderer for $3?? I would totally buy that game again if I had any conceivable need for a second copy. (I already bought two copies of the DS game, for Rescuing purposes.)

One of these days when they have a B1G1 or even B2G1 I'll buy a ton of these cheap Wii games honestly just for the collection. Doubt I'd ever go back to them. I have fond memories of playing Elebits back at launch in 2006 so maybe that.

New drops posted (possibly more tomorrow), mostly already cheap games even cheaper. Here are the highlights (IMO):

$0.99

Elebits

FlingSmash (Game Only) Good for cheap CN coins if the code is unused

$1.99

Blast Works

Ultimate Shooting Collection

$2.99

Secret Files: Tunguska

de Blob 2

Shiren the Wanderer

$4.99

Cursed Mountain

Dawn of Discovery
Strange, I just found Cursed Mountain last night but it was $6.29 with PUR. Guess they hadn't updated the price yet. Oh well with the B2G1 it would ended up free. It was complete and in good conition so can't complain.

Shiren the Wanderer for $3?? I would totally buy that game again if I had any conceivable need for a second copy. (I already bought two copies of the DS game, for Rescuing purposes.)
I found a Shiren earlier this year for the Wii, complete - only one I've seen before or since so I was very happy to have grabbed that one. And just a couple of weeks ago I ended up at the only Gamestop in the state (I believe) that had the DS game so I snatched it. Cart only of course, but beggers can't be choosers (and it was like $2 anyway).

I have a list of Wii & DS games I'm on the lookout for - quite a long list actually. I guess I can admit this since I'm "among friends" :p, but they are actually spreadsheets with the GS used prices listed and links embedded that take me to the stock locator page on GS' site for that game. Sad, I know. ;) Anyway, anytime I'm going out of town I check my list against the GS's in that area to see if any of them have something I'm looking for. Many of these cheap games are VERY hard to find, especially complete. But I enjoy the hunt, and I've built up a decent little collection for not very much money (I'm around 55-60 Wii games now, probably about that many DS too).

Basically what I'm saying is, if you see a used cheap Wii game you think you want, better to grab it then than end up trying to track it down later.

Howdy guys. Been on the hunt for some Wii stuff and was hoping for Shiren the Wanderer or Dawn of Discovery. No luck on those. But I did pick up Arc Rise Fantasia and Okami on Wii and Mirror's Edge on Ps3. Used a b2g1 and it was a pretty solid deal. $36 for all 3. All the games were very excellent complete in box. I've never seen an Arc Rise Fantasia at my local store I couldn't believe it! 

I've got another b2g1 for next week. Anyone have some recommendations for more obsure wii games?

Howdy guys. Been on the hunt for some Wii stuff and was hoping for Shiren the Wanderer or Dawn of Discovery. No luck on those. But I did pick up Arc Rise Fantasia and Okami on Wii and Mirror's Edge on Ps3. Used a b2g1 and it was a pretty solid deal. $36 for all 3. All the games were very excellent complete in box. I've never seen an Arc Rise Fantasia at my local store I couldn't believe it!

I've got another b2g1 for next week. Anyone have some recommendations for more obsure wii games?
Baroque, Let's Tap (not obscure, but fun as hell), etc.

Sorry to bump for a question - but are they converting any of these from new to used? I have 3 stores around me with Shiren but they are all new. I'd like to say any Atlus game is worth $14.99 but I'd would much rather snag one for $2.99.

Sorry to bump for a question - but are they converting any of these from new to used? I have 3 stores around me with Shiren but they are all new. I'd like to say any Atlus game is worth $14.99 but I'd would much rather snag one for $2.99.
I haven't seen them convert a New to Used on Wii games in some time (either that or I haven't been paying close attention). They have been dropping some of the new prices though along with the plethora of used games.

I haven't seen them convert a New to Used on Wii games in some time (either that or I haven't been paying close attention). They have been dropping some of the new prices though along with the plethora of used games.
Has Sin and Punishment been converted? I noticed a couple copies showed up complete and in good condition at my local GS. May just be a coincidence but the first thing I thought was it converted...

Has Sin and Punishment been converted? I noticed a couple copies showed up complete and in good condition at my local GS. May just be a coincidence but the first thing I thought was it converted...
S&P still shows enough new copies in stock at my locals that I don't think they have been converted (yet). I would imagine they would do it sooner or later, as one of the first steps towards no longer carrying a platform is to stop having a "new" section.

I found a Shiren earlier this year for the Wii, complete - only one I've seen before or since so I was very happy to have grabbed that one. And just a couple of weeks ago I ended up at the only Gamestop in the state (I believe) that had the DS game so I snatched it. Cart only of course, but beggers can't be choosers (and it was like $2 anyway).

I have a list of Wii & DS games I'm on the lookout for - quite a long list actually. I guess I can admit this since I'm "among friends" :p, but they are actually spreadsheets with the GS used prices listed and links embedded that take me to the stock locator page on GS' site for that game. Sad, I know. ;) Anyway, anytime I'm going out of town I check my list against the GS's in that area to see if any of them have something I'm looking for. Many of these cheap games are VERY hard to find, especially complete. But I enjoy the hunt, and I've built up a decent little collection for not very much money (I'm around 55-60 Wii games now, probably about that many DS too).

Basically what I'm saying is, if you see a used cheap Wii game you think you want, better to grab it then than end up trying to track it down later.
I do the same exact thing with an excel spreadsheet and embedded links. When I know I'll be near a far away store I do the same as you and make a list. I also track down rare 360 games. The hunt for complete games is fun to me too.

Just saw the Shiren game at my local GS. It was complete but the tag said $14.99 for a used copy but probably just hadnt been updated. May swing by again today to grab it.

Just saw the Shiren game at my local GS. It was complete but the tag said $14.99 for a used copy but probably just hadnt been updated. May swing by again today to grab it.
are you sure it wasn't a new copy? GS.com lists it as 14.99 new/2.99 preowned

pretty much all of their wii games are gutted, so when you're looking at the "new wii games" rack, they certainly don't look new!

My local Gamestop has a couple "New" games without the original artwork in one of their generic cases. Lol. The New Wii games section is so pitiful nowadays. Although did you guys know that FIFA 15 is coming to Wii but not Wii U this year?

[quote name="desertfox41" post="12033859" timestamp="1408892649"] Although did you guys know that FIFA 15 is coming to Wii but not Wii U this year?[/quote] yeah, I know. EA is dumb.

Found the two Boom Blox games at a Gamestop yesterday, the original game for $3.99 and the sequel for $4.99.

I'm gonna do a bit of research to see which is better and go back and pick up that one someday this week.

Still haven't found a copy of Deadly Creatures with cover and manual yet. Same with Raving Rabbids TV Party...even though the in-store inventory check shows it at multiple stores, I've yet to come across it.

S&P still shows enough new copies in stock at my locals that I don't think they have been converted (yet). I would imagine they would do it sooner or later, as one of the first steps towards no longer carrying a platform is to stop having a "new" section.
Yea, I was out yesterday at a couple GS I don't visit trying to grab a few of the harder to find Wii/PS3/X360 games and actually saw a "new" copy. Guess the others were trade ins. It's kinda hard on the "new" Wii games to tell if they are gutted cause even the new copies look used because the have sat on the shelves so long :(

I did end up grabbing some hard to find titles like Where's Waldo, Fishing Master, and Reader Rabbit Kindergarten along with some other PS3/X360 games using the B2G1 coupons. Hopefully they keep the Wii games in stock for a bit longer.

Yea, I was out yesterday at a couple GS I don't visit trying to grab a few of the harder to find Wii/PS3/X360 games and actually saw a "new" copy. Guess the others were trade ins. It's kinda hard on the "new" Wii games to tell if they are gutted cause even the new copies look used because the have sat on the shelves so long :(

I did end up grabbing some hard to find titles like Where's Waldo, Fishing Master, and Reader Rabbit Kindergarten along with some other PS3/X360 games using the B2G1 coupons. Hopefully they keep the Wii games in stock for a bit longer.
Fishing Master is great. Super fun. One of, if not the very best fishing games ever.

Fishing Master is great. Super fun. One of, if not the very best fishing games ever.
Glad to hear good impressions! It's been on my radar (along with a lot of obscure Wii games) because Hudson Published it so it's OOP. I've also heard it's solid so for $4 complete and a B2G1 I was happy to grab it :)

I think I'm over 100 Wii games now and still missing quite a few I need!

Glad to hear good impressions! It's been on my radar (along with a lot of obscure Wii games) because Hudson Published it so it's OOP. I've also heard it's solid so for $4 complete and a B2G1 I was happy to grab it :)

I think I'm over 100 Wii games now and still missing quite a few I need!
I'm at about 80ish. I don't think I'm going to quite make it to 100, but it'll be damn close by the time I run out of stuff I really want and stop seeing the games available in stores.

I'm at about 80ish. I don't think I'm going to quite make it to 100, but it'll be damn close by the time I run out of stuff I really want and stop seeing the games available in stores.
I'm at 60 right now, with another 70 on my wishlist. And there are probably still more I've either forgotten or just don't know about. I'm pretty sure this is some kind of karmic retribution for me making fun of the system all those years, talking about how it didn't have any games. :p

Dammit, why did you guys wait until the last day to mention Fishing Master? The B2G1 promo has been going on and off for a month and this looks like a cheap, fun game to pick up. I'm just going to pretend Sega Bass Fishing is still the best fishing game even though it probably hasn't been for a decade now.

I'm at 60 right now, with another 70 on my wishlist. And there are probably still more I've either forgotten or just don't know about. I'm pretty sure this is some kind of karmic retribution for me making fun of the system all those years, talking about how it didn't have any games. :p
Well, if I had a bottomless wallet and infinite time to play 'em, I'd probably have a Wii library at least 200 strong by now, but I'm trying to get games that I only really want to play and know I'll have time to do so.

For instance, I'm not really super-interested in all the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory titles on the Wii, so I probably won't get them, but if I had money to blow I'd get them just to own them.

Sorry for the confusion with the fishing games, but I was getting Fishing Resort and Master backwards. I have got both around the same time, and consistently get them mixed up. Master is a lot of fun, one I play with my kid, but Fishing Resort is actually the best fishing game I have ever played. It costs a good deal more though, so Fishing Master is probably the choice for most here. Sorry for the confusion guys, I was on a break at work when I posted and didn't have time to check if I was being stupid or not. Sadly I was.

Sorry for the confusion with the fishing games, but I was getting Fishing Resort and Master backwards. I have got both around the same time, and consistently get them mixed up. Master is a lot of fun, one I play with my kid, but Fishing Resort is actually the best fishing game I have ever played. It costs a good deal more though, so Fishing Master is probably the choice for most here. Sorry for the confusion guys, I was on a break at work when I posted and didn't have time to check if I was being stupid or not. Sadly I was.
I grabbed Fishing Resort recently from GS, it was $15 used (so $13.50 after PUR). I'd say that qualifies as cheap enough for this thread. :)

Found the two Boom Blox games at a Gamestop yesterday, the original game for $3.99 and the sequel for $4.99.

I'm gonna do a bit of research to see which is better and go back and pick up that one someday this week.
Bash Party is the better choice if you've never played either of them, overall just more content (though the online trading is now kaput). I personally appreciate the first one more as I spent much more time on it, though.

Though keep in mind the major fun factor comes in if you can do four player, one of the best couch multiplayer games I've played in a long time.

And since we're counting, I'm at about 80 on Wii titles that are in complete condition for the collection, and another 5 or so I'm waiting to find complete to replace the disc only copies I've found.

bread's done
Back