GameStop Wii Game Discounts, Updated 9-3-15

Billytwoshoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Been some time since the last update, finally past the Skylanders / Infinity discount floods so far for most of this year, had some decent discounts recently on actual games.  I've selected the highlights from this last drop today, though you can see the full list here.

Note these are all pre-owned prices, unless otherwise noted.

$0.99

$1.99

$2.99

$3.99

$4.99

$6.99

$8.99

$9.99 (Good to watch out for future B2G1 sales)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone lucky to find a wii play motion with a motion plus controller in store? None available within 100 miles here in san diego. 

Anyone lucky to find a wii play motion with a motion plus controller in store? None available within 100 miles here in san diego.
Check Kmart if you have one around you. I picked up a Luigi controller for $24 and they have the wii play motion w/ remote still sealed around here..but they aren't clearanced yet. Worth giving a scan every week or two.

GS did have them somewhat regularly, but once they dropped to $19.99 new price, they cleared out the same day of the drop. I tried calling a few in to reserve (at 11 am no less) and someone in the area already placed them on hold...

That was awhile ago though, forget exactly when.

Check Kmart if you have one around you. I picked up a Luigi controller for $24 and they have the wii play motion w/ remote still sealed around here..but they aren't clearanced yet. Worth giving a scan every week or two.
Thanks for the heads up. I never really check the electronics department at the 2 Kmarts in my area, one is empty while the other is a mess when I walk by. I'll look for the luigi one the next time I stop by. That's the same one that my girl friend was wanting, we were actually holding off until a good deal comes by and that would be the perfect price point. She evens wants to get the Wii U GameCube controller in the luigi color way too for Smash Bros U.

GS did have them somewhat regularly, but once they dropped to $19.99 new price, they cleared out the same day of the drop. I tried calling a few in to reserve (at 11 am no less) and someone in the area already placed them on hold...

That was awhile ago though, forget exactly when.
I realized I saw this thread pretty late in and figured that they were all long gone by now. You are doing good work sir. I need to amass my collection of wii games and your thread will be helpful.

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread and keeping it updated. I used your list as the basis for my Wii hunting. Here is a gallery of what I ended up with after about 2 weeks of hunting. http://imgur.com/a/WRqI8

Damn, people in Cincinnati and Cleveland take good care of their shit. All the games here are generic Gamestop cases. Or did you have to really go scrounging around to find them in good condition?

Damn, people in Cincinnati and Cleveland take good care of their shit. All the games here are generic Gamestop cases. Or did you have to really go scrounging around to find them in good condition?
I went to about 15 Gamestops in total. It varied by location. Some stores were almost entirely generic cases and some were great. Generally the ones in higher income areas had games in better condition. I usually would find more in a stand alone location VS one of the ones in a mall. I would say the best 2 locations were Wooster OH and Milford OH. They had a ton of games that were for the most part in good condition and the employees were nice.

You know, I used to do the same for PS2 games when Gamestop first started liquidating them, so I have a big collection of PS2 games now in good condition, but a decade later, they're an eyesore to me. They take up a lot of space and I don't knw what to do with them, nor with all my movies on VHS and DVD. A lot of them are on PSN or Netflix - I want there to be like a video game library so I can donate my collection.

Last Blade rocks. I have all the SNK compilations on Wii. In case you didn't know, Gametap has a lot of the great SNK classics including Last Blade and Garou. They're included in the classic plan, which is only 4.99 a month. I've been meaning to try it out myself - I just hope the client's not bloatware.

You know, I used to do the same for PS2 games when Gamestop first started liquidating them, so I have a big collection of PS2 games now in good condition, but a decade later, they're an eyesore to me. They take up a lot of space and I don't knw what to do with them, nor with all my movies on VHS and DVD. A lot of them are on PSN or Netflix - I want there to be like a video game library so I can donate my collection.

Last Blade rocks. I have all the SNK compilations on Wii. In case you didn't know, Gametap has a lot of the great SNK classics including Last Blade and Garou. They're included in the classic plan, which is only 4.99 a month. I've been meaning to try it out myself - I just hope the client's not bloatware.
You lost interest in collecting?

[quote name="botticus"][quote name="shadowysea07" post="12063630" timestamp="1409799698"]
uuuuuuuuuggggh why are all these games in wooster :wall:[/quote]

Because it's 60 miles from any population center! Chocobo's Dungeon :([/quote]
And randomly a copy showed up nearby yesterday, and miracle of miracles I found it complete in halfway decent shape today. I also located a complete Godfather Blackhand at a store near my sister, who was able to grab it for me, so not bad! Really appreciate this thread.

I guess I am the opposite. I love to see all the games I have collected and played over the years. I do want to get some nicer shelves for the stuff though.

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread and keeping it updated.
Same here, OP. I keep the GS Price Drop pages bookmarked, but I still check this thread daily.

When does GS usually do price changes? A particular day of the week, or random?

Same here, OP. I keep the GS Price Drop pages bookmarked, but I still check this thread daily.

When does GS usually do price changes? A particular day of the week, or random?
Most drops happen late Tuesday night / early Wednesday morning, though sometimes they broke the trend and did additional drops on Thursday and Friday (though this only happened once or twice IIRC).

Restocks on games seem to happen every day if you are interested in buying them online though.

I went to about 15 Gamestops in total. It varied by location. Some stores were almost entirely generic cases and some were great. Generally the ones in higher income areas had games in better condition. I usually would find more in a stand alone location VS one of the ones in a mall. I would say the best 2 locations were Wooster OH and Milford OH. They had a ton of games that were for the most part in good condition and the employees were nice.
fuck :censored: :wall: Ugh I'm so jelly. I would love to drive down there buts its over an hour away and I just cannot justify going there on a gamble of finding anything I'd like. and nvrm

Most drops happen late Tuesday night / early Wednesday morning, though sometimes they broke the trend and did additional drops on Thursday and Friday (though this only happened once or twice IIRC).

Restocks on games seem to happen every day if you are interested in buying them online though.
I would say over the last 2-3 months the price drops have been happening ~4 pm PT Tuesday. I have been trying to check each week around that time and it appears that this week there is nothing.

First time seeing this thread, didn't realize there were so many discounted Wii games.  Unfortunately it's slim pickings locally; most say no results within 100 miles.

fuck :censored: :wall: Ugh I'm so jelly. I would love to drive down there buts its over an hour away and I just cannot justify going there on a gamble of finding anything I'd like. and nvrm
Yeah it is quite a ride out there. I was going past it on 71 so I figured an extra hour to get there and back was not too bad. It was the only one in the area that I saw had Klonoa. The best bet if you are going to make the trip out of the way for a particular game is to give them a call to make sure they still have it and what condition it is in.

I don't know what libraries you have around you, but our local libraries check out video games, or at least they do for Wii. They don't advertise it or anything, and I'd have never known they did that had I not been told by somebody else. They have a half decent selection too. I've never tried to check anything out because there are dozens of people who have resereved even the shovelware crap, but I think it's kinda cool to know that it exists.

Last edited:
Got an order in today, Klonoa came complete, Tomb Raider anniversary came disc only and instead of FF Crystal Bearers I got Echoes of Time. No manual with that, but had the case. Stickered as Crystal Bearers, but definitely is not. Works for me, had neither and got charged for a $5 game and received a $15 one instead.

I don't think I've EVER received a complete game from gamestop.com  bestbuy.com's pre-owned on the other hand I've gotten 9/10 complete.  Guess that's because they don't see everything but the disc as trash and worthless real estate.

I received am order today and 6 of the 7 games I ordered only came with a generic case, does anyone know if I can exchange the cases and maybe get the manuals at my local GS?

I received am order today and 6 of the 7 games I ordered only came with a generic case, does anyone know if I can exchange the cases and maybe get the manuals at my local GS?
I've had good luck getting them to swap covers for me. There was also one time where the copy of the game I picked up had a manual but they gave me one from the drawer that did not have one. When I went back they just gave me the manual for it. I'm not sure what company policy is but I imagine it somewhat depends on how nice the person working is.

I don't think I've EVER received a complete game from gamestop.com bestbuy.com's pre-owned on the other hand I've gotten 9/10 complete. Guess that's because they don't see everything but the disc as trash and worthless real estate.
That's funny, because not once have I ever received a pre-owned game from Best Buy complete. Every single time Best Buy has sent me a generic case. EVERY time.

Looks like they raised the price of Klonoa back to $6.99. Still a good price and I'd recommend it at that price, but something to keep an eye on. Haven't noticed any others increasing, but wouldn't be surprised if there are. 

Looks like they raised the price of Klonoa back to $6.99. Still a good price and I'd recommend it at that price, but something to keep an eye on. Haven't noticed any others increasing, but wouldn't be surprised if there are.
Thanks for the heads up, updated the OP. I try to check every month or so on the list to see if they raised any prices, so far only a couple like this one.

And there were more drops today (saw reductions on both Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort), but nothing CAG worthy this week.

Thanks for the heads up, updated the OP. I try to check every month or so on the list to see if they raised any prices, so far only a couple like this one.

And there were more drops today (saw reductions on both Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort), but nothing CAG worthy this week.
Cool! I know Klonoa (and other cheap and sought after titles) have been in and out of stock online. It's a crapshoot whether it will be complete but at these prices + CAG16 it's worth taking a chance on some of them.

Speaking of, Gamestop must have the worlds cheapest and worse disc resurfacing machines possible. They look horrid with gunk all over them and deep swirls that make it look like it wouldn't possibly play. Anyone know why they look so bad? Other places resyrface and never look that horrible.

Just picked up No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2 yesterday for less than $10 total.  Thanks for the heads up!

Apparently I got the last No More Heroes 2 within 100 miles.

There's so many of these I want but my gamestop doesn't have shit for wii games and I need the o.g. box or I would order online. If it doesn't come with the box from the site can I just return it to the store? I think I've asked be for but forgot the consensus.

There's so many of these I want but my gamestop doesn't have shit for wii games and I need the o.g. box or I would order online. If it doesn't come with the box from the site can I just return it to the store? I think I've asked be for but forgot the consensus.
You have 30 days on arrival to return the game

Metal Slug Anthology is this weeks price INCREASE! Went from $9.99 to $12.99 :(

Edit: I believe a few increased including The Calling and Fritz Chess. Hoevervthose are almost always sold out.

These arent listed, but when I was at GS this past weekend, I picked up Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles ($9.99) and Darkside Chronicles ($19.99) pre-owned. Though they might as well have been new.

Drops this week appear to mostly be LEGO games dropping from 16.99 to 14.99. It would be nice if those went quite a bit lower.

Yeah not much this week, but updated the OP and title anyways.  Only real significant drop on used games this week was Epic Mickey at $6.99, though that pretty much matches what you can buy on Amazon.  Lego Batman dropped to $4.99, but that was a couple of weeks ago.

Interesting to see plenty of New titles dropping this week, most intruiging to me is Gunblade NYC & LA Machine Guns, as I have a hard time finding that one used.

Also, Castle of Shikigami III went up to $9.99, though I rarely saw that one in stock anyways.

Yeah not much this week, but updated the OP and title anyways. Only real significant drop on used games this week was Epic Mickey at $6.99, though that pretty much matches what you can buy on Amazon. Lego Batman dropped to $4.99, but that was a couple of weeks ago.

Interesting to see plenty of New titles dropping this week, most intruiging to me is Gunblade NYC & LA Machine Guns, as I have a hard time finding that one used.

Also, Castle of Shikigami III went up to $9.99, though I rarely saw that one in stock anyways.
Ugghhh...Castle of Shikigami III is one of the few missing in my collection.

I keep waiting for new titles like Gunblade NYC & LA Machine Guns to get converted.

It seems like they would have converted most by now. Strange that a game like Tornado they hold onto new copies for so long.

I have kids, and some of those 0.99 games will probably entertain them with or without a case/manual. Throw in that the games I wanted (Puzzle Quest, Overlord, Mad Dog Mccree, and Monster Lab) are games I have never seen locally and I will take my chances with GS online. Now if only I could ever find Zack & Wiki I would he happy.

Well, I went full retard and bought 12 wii games online. First time ordering online. Hopefully I'll get at least working discs.

Edit: Got some good ones like Geometry Wars, Excitebots and Sin & Punishment. Spent almost $29

I recently ordered three copies of Endless Ocean Blue World online, figuring at least one of them would be complete (or I could Frankenstein a good copy together).  While no CN codes, two of them came complete and in good shape.  Ended up returning two of them as planned and returned / rebought the third one with the $10 PUR coupon.

I appreciate the head's up. I got Ocean Commander, Sky Crawlers, Secret Files: Tunguska, Order Up, ghost Squad, and geometry wars for dirt cheap.

bread's done
Back