Gameznflix.com coupon! $12.75 for 3 out at a time! This is CHEAP!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
The source? My Dad. LOL

EDIT: Just found out where he got the code from, it's from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameznflix.com

If you don't know, Gameznflix (http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?kbid=1447) is a site like Netflix and Gamefly, just together. You can rent movies and games. The only thing is their selection is limited and they DON'T have any DS games.. GRRR!!

But, when you click on sign up, go to I HAVE A COUPON and type in emmys.

Now look at the prices!

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month

3 out a time for $12.75 a month?! Holla!

I may do two at a time.. I haven't signed up YET I'm just sharing this info for anything.

I don't know if it's going to be YOUR price..as in if you stay with this company for a year.. will it STILL be $12.75? (or whatever you choose)

And a personal question. I live at home. If my dad uses this for him/mom/brother..can I have my own account..? We have the same name too LOL (with the exception of Jr in it)

I don't post deals often, but I hope this is useful to at LEAST someone!

Enjoy!

EDITED to change link to CAG referral link.

Also, here's the FAQ since alot of people seem to have questions
http://www.gameznflix.com/support/quickfaq.asp

Here is a list of the distribution centers, since this too gets asked alot in this thread!

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA

This is the customer service number if you need any assistance!
1-888-542-6817

Man, as for me, I've just been ebaying Gamefly accounts like crazy. $25 for 15 2-month gamefly accounts. 30 months of "2 games out at a time". Only prob is you need a diff credit card to use it coupon.

I've been debating the rental vs buying for games that i've missed in the last year (since I just got a 360). On one hand, the games I want to play the most (King Kong, Condemned) are cheap enough now that for the cost to rent it I might as well pay a couple more bucks and just buy it. On the other hand, these games are pretty much a 1 shot deal with no replay value. I'm torn between the two. :)

Either way, thanks for the heads-up! This is a really good deal IMHO

gotta try it at less than half the price of gamefly. however, no gba or ds games sucks :cry:

edit: it says distro center in la so i better get these games quick.

I've been using GnF for about 2 months now and am satisfied. The only thing annoying me is that RB6 Vegas has been my next in queue for 3 shipment cycles now and I have yet to have it sent. I keep getting the next games below RB6, which I understand is because they are OOS on it, but it is still kind of annoying. I wish I could cancel and get the cheaper deal :(

The only thing that really pisses me off about this site is that there's no DS games!! Even if they had a SMALL crappy selection, at LEAST they can say "Well fuck you, we offer them!"

Though, I've looked at this site a year ago and from that point on until now I can def say that things are growing. I know they added a few more shipping centers, so hopefully this gets more popular and thus..get more games, movies and carry DS games !!

[quote name='lilboo']The only thing that really pisses me off about this site is that there's no DS games!! Even if they had a SMALL crappy selection, at LEAST they can say "Well fuck you, we offer them!"

Though, I've looked at this site a year ago and from that point on until now I can def say that things are growing. I know they added a few more shipping centers, so hopefully this gets more popular and thus..get more games, movies and carry DS games !![/quote]I have that same problem I really wish the Offered Ds games.

I have heard horror stories about this company. Try googling it and you'll see what I mean. (horrible CS, hard to cancel, longer waits then gamefly, and less games) As the old saying goes.. You get what you pay for. (atleast with this service anyway)

I had a horrible experience with this service. I tried it last month. Their shipping times were about a week long. It took them another week to verify that they got my game back (Probably got to them in 2 days). Their selection is terrible. I got an unplayable disc and they have no way to report that to them. You have to put a note on the disc, mail it back, wait for them to get it and then re-add the game to your queue. I also had one game that they said they shipped and I returned it on the same day. Another delay as I had to add it to my queue again.

Just my two cents on GamezNFlix.

My turnaround has been great over the past 3-4 months with the service. They have really upgraded their service and most things I send in are marked as received in 1-2 days and I get the new one 1-2 days after that...in some cases.

The slow down in the process is when your queue is filled with new released video games, like mine (I'm primarily a 360 guy). Tony Hawk Project 8 and Call of Duty 3 have been in my queue for probably 2-3 weeks now without releasing. However, I got Viva Pinata 3 days after putting it in the queue.

I would say that GameFly is better about having enough new releases on hand to get orders processed, but I'm on an annual plan that runs me $21/month for six disks out at a time. Their movies are much quicker than their games, so the deal has been well worth the money.

So, just keep that in mind when signing up. I like them, but don't expect miracles.

[quote name='Wario64']is it easy to cancel? i mind as well try it out for a month since it's cheap[/quote]It's so simple to cancel all you do is press cancel and walla no more subscription and then you just have to mail in your game within 2 weeks so you don't get charged for it.

[quote name='Vergeofinsanity']I have heard horror stories about this company. Try googling it and you'll see what I mean. (horrible CS, hard to cancel, longer waits then gamefly, and less games) As the old saying goes.. You get what you pay for. (atleast with this service anyway)[/QUOTE]

yeap i have read too many horror stories to even trust this company with my dogs liceces number let alone my credit card number. NO ds games is another major -

CHECK THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU FIRST

This company is sleazy at best. Check earlier threads about them too. You may luck out and do okay with them, or you may end up spending months trying to get your money back, etc.

There's a REASON they're cheaper than Gamefly and Netflix-they are NOT a reputable company.

take this as a MAJOR RUMOR but i heard Blockbuster might do more with gameing with the movie plans. I dont know if they are talking about going to more coupons per month or allowing you to rent games when you return movies. Worker said something about this last week but heard that she heard the price will be 29.99 for 3 at a time (im sure she got this mixxed up with the old instore game rental plan)

either way i doubt do it unless they started renting ds games here

[quote name='McAck']Thanks OP! This looks like a good deal. Mixed reviews though, what to do?...[/QUOTE]

I'll have a very detailed (and by the looks of it, lengthy) review up tonight. I think it will be a pretty easy way of filtering through the pros and cons and will include both my experiences with the company and what other CAGs have had to say. If you are having a difficult time deciding what to do, maybe it will help.

i added 12 x360 games onto my queue and only 1 is available (test drive unlimited), wtf

i think i just threw $10 down the drain

Great, I just signed up 2 days ago for the normal prices. I haven't even received anything yet, so I'm trying to figure out how to get the cheaper price. Oh well, it may not matter because things aren't looking good enough for me to stick around.

It may be a little premature of me, I don't have any high expectations for this service. They have a dedicated Blu-ray section, yet they don't even have 99% of those titles. That's crap. I think I've found maybe 5 Blu-ray titles that are not "On Order". It's not just Blu-ray though, on all their sections they have titles listed as new releases but that doesn't mean they have them.

Game selection seems ok, but not great. I'll see what happens.

Thanks shipwreck, I will def have to check that out. With this price for 2 out I am almost sold already. I was gonna try gamefly, but I am a REAL cheapass so this is good for me;)

I await Shipwreck's review, but wanted to add my two cents. I have been a GnF sub since last February and the service is subpar. You get what you pay for. Up until October, I had no problem getting games quickly, esp new releases. Almost everything comes up as Short Wait when added to queue, but that used to mean short wait, generally those games would ship in 2-3 days., which was no big deal. However, GnF has done a terrible job keeping up with the onslaught of game releases this fall. I have five games in my queue all Nov/Dec 360 and Wii releases and nothing has shipped for a week. For those who signed up recently don't forget that MLK day was a day without mail, so GnF did not ship any games on Monday. As long as you don't want new releases the service is good, but as soon as you want Rainbo Six: Vegas, Gears, any Wii game, etc. you can forget about it. What really makes me mad is a coupon code like this, b/c GnF should be focused on keeping current customers happy and not trying to sign anyone else up. They can't keep up with the current sub base they have; therefore, it is pointless to sign anyone else up. Sorry for the long rambling post, but I am just so pissed at GnF, it was a great way to play all the latest games, but now I'm not so sure.

[quote name='Wario64']i added 12 x360 games onto my queue and only 1 is available (test drive unlimited), wtf

i think i just threw $10 down the drain[/QUOTE]
Wow.

I would only be using this for 360 games. If that's the case. Well. Screw that.

Maybe it's worth $10 to try out for a month or so. I guess there's always the chance it will work out.

I guess I'll wait for Shipwreck's review.

Hopefully by "tonight" he doesn' mean after midnight. I fucking hate that when forum assholes pull that shit. Don't be an asshole, Shipwreck! :D

shipping is slow depending on where you live, the turnaround for me was pretty long. I would rather do Blockbuster since they give you free instore rentals for games

[quote name='modium']Wow, this is a great deal. I've never dealt with the site before, anybody have any experiences with them, good or bad? I signed up for the 2 at a time plan, because if it's anything like Gamefly, I'll just play one and then play the other while my other one is in the mail.

lilboo, many thanks to you and to your dad :D[/quote]

I did their free trial once, and it was kind of a pain. Their site was very slow, all the time, and they dont have as many shipment locations, like netflix or blockbuster, so your games and movies don't come as fast. It was free though, so I can't really complain. All I got was movies also, I did not get any games, so I dont know if the process is different.

Hope I was able to help.

I'd sign up again if it was $5/month. Otherwise, you're throwing your money away. Games are never in stock, and forget about new releases. You really do get what you pay for, or even less in this case. The Gameznflix web site is also disgusting - could use a big makeover.

Stick with Gamefly - I've consistently received popular xbox360 new releases from them literally two days after they're released when they're at the top of my que.

To all those saying their service is sub-par, where are you all located? They only have ten shipping centers. They're found in:

* Boston, MA
* Washington DC
* Orlando, FL
* Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
* Dallas, TX
* Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
* Sacramento, CA
* Seattle, WA
* Los Angeles, CA
* Chicago, IL

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Gameznflix

I'm a little hesitant. Very hesitant.

I tried the trial of Gamefly last summer and didn't get one game after 2 weeks. I wanted to give them another shot but they wouldn't give me another trial - they say it's against company policy. Their e-mails also don't really address my questions. And that's from a reputable company like gamefly - I'd hate to think of what I'd deal with with this place.

Plus, DS games are half of the reason I'd like to use a rental service..

I can add a little more on my review. When I emailed asking about applying a military discount it took about three days (it was over a weekend) to get a response about their discounts. They had stated that I was already getting a discount as a Circuit City employee and could not get the military discount. I signed up back in October when I was working part time at Circuit City. I signed up for a free two month trial and figured I could now get the discounted rate since I am a DOD employee. (They offer discounts to active duty, guard, and DOD civilians). I have not been charged yet so I can't comment on what "discount" I may or may not be getting once I start getting charged. My trial was supposed to be up already but it appears I won't be charged until the first week of February. I can also say that the envelopes they send to you are really flimsy and tear easily when you open them. Many times I have had to tape up the envelope to ensure it gets back to them intact. Also their site is kind of buggy and slow. Sometimes I have to click on something and wait for 20 seconds even on the 7Mbps DSL I have from Quest. Also one time I added something to my que and it deleted everything from my que. After much frustrated back and forward clicking and refreshing I finally logged out and re-logged in and my que was back and intact. I don't know about others but I have not had any trouble getting anything I wanted to rent. In fact I got Gears of War really fast the day after launch. As long as you keep a good 15 items in your que you will always get something in my experience. I have also had no trouble with items getting "lost" in the mail like I did on my Blockbuster account back when I had that.

[quote name='whitereflection']To all those saying their service is sub-par, where are you all located? They only have ten shipping centers. They're found in:

* Boston, MA
* Washington DC
* Orlando, FL
* Dallas, TX
* Sacramento, CA
* Seattle, WA
* Los Angeles, CA
* Chicago, IL[/QUOTE]

more shipping places dont mean jack shit. Remember the more places they ship means the less games each place gets. I dont know how this works but if they do it like blockbuster you see.

Say this and gamefly buys 100 games. gamefly out in cali will have 100 games and ready to go. This place will have to break up the 100 games and send each shipping place only 10 games

So say your in IL. and your shipping out of chicago. well they could say our chicago place has none of your games so please wait up to 7 more days to get the game shipped form a different place. By the time your wait is up that other shipping place might not have it making you go to a 3rd shipping place and so on.

I would rather stick with gamefly at least you will get DS games and games.

if your using this for movies and you dont have a blockbuster i say try it. BUT if you got a blockbuster i say forget it

I would love to see Netflix or blockbuster get into the video game side of rentals. I wonder why neither have. I mean they left all the Video games by mail market to gamefly,.

The review will be up sometime between 8:00PM and 11:00PM. I have most of it written already, I just need to finish tweaking and add some screen caps.

(And I have to watch Serenity on HD-DVD) :)

I posted earlier about the sub-par performance, I live in Nashville, less than 60 miles from the distribution hub. It has nothing to do with shipping times, I'm talking about not having any games in stock. It only takes 1-2 days for the games to show up as received once I mail them and then 1-2 days for me to receive them once they ship. Getting GnF to ship me a game, there's the problem. I wonder if having hubs hasn't screwed up their service. In otherwords are the new releases spread out too much across the various hubs.

I've been using Gameznflix since October, and overall, I like it. It's way cheaper than Gamefly, and for the most part, I've been able to rent the games I want. They had some trouble with F.E.A.R. for the 360, and the very first game I mailed back to them, Resident Evil 4, got lost in the mail, but aside from that, it's all been pretty positive. I've mailed games back to them on Monday, and they got them on Tuesday, and mailed out my next game on Wednesday, and I got it on Friday. If you ask me, that's a pretty damn quick turnaround.

And about the distribution centers, I don't think it's a big deal. I've gotten 2 games in the mail at once, each from a different place, so it's not like, if you live in Indiana, you have to wait until the Chicago center gets the game you want.

I also got a new credit card in November, and forgot to update my CC info on Gameznflix. They sent me an e-mail stating they had outdated card info, so I e-mailed them back with my new card, and everything was straightened out. I've e-mailed them a couple times, with various questions (one period in December, I went 2-3 days without any games in my queue shipping), and I've gotten quick responses within the next day, and sure enough, those games shipped the next day.

As far as renting new games is concerned, I had both Gears of War and Lost Planet in my queue, and made sure I sent my old games back in time so that both those games would ship out right after they were released, and sure enough, they were. Lost Planet came out last Friday, and it was mailed out to me last Saturday.

So there's my review of Gameznflix.

I am in Riverside county right next to Los Angeles and during the free trial it took a few days to recieve my stuff as in more than 3 days.

Netflix, Blockbuster, and Gamefly all had better turnarounds and they usually had movies in stock unless it was some obscure foreign movie which they only carried a few of.

The problem with Gameznflix is that during the trial you cant tell how many games or movies they have in stock, alot of the stuff is just there as a placeholder image and they dont seem to carry it until somebody puts it on their queue.

[quote name='whitereflection']To all those saying their service is sub-par, where are you all located? They only have ten shipping centers. They're found in:

* Boston, MA
* Washington DC
* Orlando, FL
* Dallas, TX
* Sacramento, CA
* Seattle, WA
* Los Angeles, CA
* Chicago, IL[/quote]
The problem with this is you don't get to pick where your games come from.

I live in AZ, and sometimes I'll get some games from CA, sometimes from TX, and there has been times I've gotten games from the east coast so it took a while for me to get them.
I just wish you can pick which center(s) you get your items from to expedite shipping times, but they won't let you do that.

bad thing closest one around me is the chicago one. BUT i got movies from blockbuster from chicago and it took 3 days each way and i live only 3 hours away from it.

I signed up for the 3 out with the coupon last night. I put elebits, trauma center, and madden 07 for the wii in my queue. They all said short wait.

Today, Madden and Trauma Center shipped. Elebits didn't, but i'm pretty happy so far if I receive them in a few days.

Talk to you later

Ernie

Seems that this might be a good deal for me, i currently use gamefly but im on the east coast so it takes awhile for me to get my games. This company has a center in D.C. so my turn around time should be much quicker.

Having decided to give this a go last night I was nervous after clicking on the link you supplied and seeing the abyssmally low rating they have (under a 2 out of 10). Then I saw how poorly Netflix and Blockbuster do (both have slightly higher ratings) and realized that it's the site that has the problem. Check out Best Buy and Circuit City's ratings here... this is a complaint site and not a review site. Best Buy and Circuit City are far from perfect, but 1-2 out of 10 they are not and anyone thinking they're 1-2/10 hasn't done business with a truly sleazy company. I know there are people with an axe to grind against these two companies and I have my experiences with Best Buy where I left unhappy, but I can't in good conscience rate them that low.

[quote name='I82Much']http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Gameznflix

I'm a little hesitant. Very hesitant.

I tried the trial of Gamefly last summer and didn't get one game after 2 weeks. I wanted to give them another shot but they wouldn't give me another trial - they say it's against company policy. Their e-mails also don't really address my questions. And that's from a reputable company like gamefly - I'd hate to think of what I'd deal with with this place.

Plus, DS games are half of the reason I'd like to use a rental service..[/QUOTE]

So after I resigned up for the service, they sent out Elebits and Trauma Center out for me today. I'm quite surprized since both of those had been in my queue on my old account for two weeks along with 7 other titles without getting nay sent out.

I've been using the 3 plan for about 2 months now. The turn around time is pretty good IMO. Usually it goes like this. I send a game back on the 1st day, they receive and ship out my next title(usually in the top 3)on the 2nd, I receive it in the mail usually on the 3rd day or sometimes the 4th depending on the post office. I've only had one problem once, I sent back 2 games they received them the next day. The top 3 titles on my queue were on short wait, the 4th was readily available. Now I figured they might wait a day or two waiting for one or more of those top three to come in. If not they shipped the available one in the 4th slot. But nothing shipped for a week. I might have been more peeved but I still had a game I was repeatedly playing. Right when I figured I should contact CS the next day about it, the games in my 2 and 3 slots shipped.

The only other thing is, one of the main reasons I choose gameznflix was the combo of games & movies. Problem is I'm a big anime addict, and half of the dvds I wanted to rent are 'on order'. In fact there still on order and it's been more than a month. I might just say to hell with it and sign up for Netflix for my movie needs. Even if I only use Gameznflix for games it's still cheaper combo'ing it with Netflix than it would be with Netflix & Gamefly. Other than that, I've have no complaints, well aside from wishing they carry DS games that is.

One thing I do like is when buying the games, your buying new games and not used which to me balances the price difference for buying between their cost and Gamefly. The only thing is whatever the price is you then have to play another $4 something for shipping, which brings down the savings a little more. But still a brand new recently released 360 game for $8 or so bucks less than what it would cost anywhere else is always good. Plus I don't have to drive a hour or so to get it :)

On the coupon side of things though I do wish they have a option to input it for exstienting customers. And while I know it's been asked already I'm going to ask it again, because I have nothing better to do.

Do we know if this coupon has a expiration date?

and

Do we know for sure if this is a entire year thing or is it only for the first month or 3 months or something like that?

If its only for a brief period thing, then it's not worth me canceling and signing up again. I just like to know since my billing date is like a day or two away for this coming month, and I got 2 games currently and a 3rd just shipped to me today. Hate to turn around and send all those back immediately and wait again.

well i signed up this morning, added 15 x360 games to me queue, only test drive unlimited was available, everything else was short wait. test drive shipped today...let's see how long it takes to get here, and to see how long it takes for the other games to become available

when you are a member, do you get a discount for purchases?

edit- I mean immediately, do you get the discount, or not during the trial period and only when in a full plan

bread's done
Back