Gazelle Trade-in FAQ and Discussion Thread

RedGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Gazelle.com

As the weeks have gone by, I have noticed discussion of Gazelle.com trade-in's within the Amazon Trade-in thread. I have decided to take it upon myself to create a thread solely for the purpose of discussing Gazelle.com and posting information pertaining to it.

This post will be updated to look.. spiffier with a full-fledged FAQ within a day or two, when I find the time.

For now, I'll list some basic information about Gazelle.com.

Credit Increases:

+5% Amazon Gift Card TIV: When trading in at Gazelle.com, if you choose Amazon Gift Card as your payment method, you will receive 5% more for your trade-in's.

Promotional Codes (entered during Checkout) ALL CODES ARE ONE-USE PER ACCOUNT, DO NOT STACK:
gazellebonuscode.jpg

*Credit to no_exit for above picture.

Flipping to Gazelle

Flipping refers to buying items at one place and trading in or selling them elsewhere at a profit (however, sometimes it is done to transfer credit from one place into credit at another or pure cash.)

FAQ

Q) What is Gazelle.com?

A) Gazelle.com is a site where one can trade in items ranging from Electronics to Video Games to Cell phones.

Q) Are there TIV's any good?

A) Some of their TIV's are -very- good, some are average and, like any other trade-in site or establishment, some trade-in values are poor.

However, from my experience and from the experience of other CAG members, I'd say the TIV's are above-average. Especially when one takes into account promotional codes or the +5% Amazon Gift Card TIV. To note, they seem to match Amazon.com's trade-in values on video games. However, they lag behind by around a day or two. So if a value plummets on Amazon, you can still lock it in at Gazelle.

Q) Is Gazelle.com a reliable place to trade-in games?

A) Many members of CAG have used Gazelle for trading in un-needed items and have had good experiences.

TIMING

Q) How long do I have to send in my items?
A) You have 30 days to get your item postmarked according to Gazelle. Don’t always wait because they won’t want to continue to offer 30 days if everyone takes that long & your post office may not want to send your stuff out.

Q) What happens if I send the item after 30 days?
A) You get the TIV as of that day.

Q) How long does it take to ship to Gazelle?
A) From West Coast up to 3-8+ days, usually about 6. From East Coast about the same, though frequently a day or two faster.

Q) How long does it take them to verify the item’s condition?
A) A few days, but can take longer.

Q) How long does it take to receive Paypal/AMZ credit email after item is approved?
A) Usually 1-4 days, but can take up to 10.

Q) I submitted a game but it did not show up on gazelle or email me...
A) It can take up to 24 hours for it to show up, but it's usually less than a minute.

SHIPPING

Q) Who pays to ship to Gazelle?
A) Gazelle pays.

Q) Do they give you a box?
A) If you want one but only for orders that have ~3-6 games (forget exact amount), they will mail you a priority mail box (but they give you parcel post label…). The box will arrive in ~3 days-1.5 weeks.

Q) Why did I get an email saying I’ll get a box when I did not request one?
A) When you delete games from a large order it will then default to giving you a box. Just un-request it.

Q) Can I cancel a shipment after I get a box?
A) Yes, but don’t abuse this or face possible sanction.

Q) Does Gazelle insure your shipment?
A) They claim they do, but no one has run into this problem yet.

Q) Shipping label does not fit on box, what do I do?
A) Set your printer to print 5x8 postcard and this will work fine & fit bubble mailers.

Q) Should I open my games before sending in if they’re new?
A) Does not matter.

Q) Why was it delivered to Cockeysville instead of Hunt Valley, MD?
A) They get them shipped to both of these addresses, which are streets away from each other.

WHAT TO INCLUDE/CONDITION

Q) Do I need to send the instruction manual?
A) No, but again don’t send everything without manuals if you want this policy to stay the same.

Q) Can I print out my own cover art or use generic?
A) Yes, possibly YMMV, again don’t abuse, and try to send cover art that has UPC label that matches the UPC for the game. To check this punch the UPC into Amazon searchbox.

Q) Will they take games without UPC Label on artwork and still give you full value?
A) Yes, YMMV though, as 2 people had this work but both sent in sealed games.

Q) Can I use a generic case?
A) YMMV, again don’t abuse.

Q) How picky are they over game condition?
A) Less picky than Amazon.

MISCELLANEOUS

Q) If I reject the new TIV they give me who pays to ship it back?
A) You do.

Q) How does Amazon credit get sent?
A) You will get a redeemable code much like an Xbox Live or PSN network DLC code. You just redeem that as a gift card on Amazon.

Q) Can I cancel games that I submitted on their site?
A) Yes, you can cancel games individually without the values of the others affected.
*credit to J7.

TC Notes: Please post about your experiences with Gazelle or anything else you think should be added to this post, I'm always up for more information. I apologize for not keeping it as up to date as I should.

~Thanks, RedGamer.

Last edited by a moderator:
No limits.. yet... But keep up the 8-10 or more game submissions and there may very well be one soon. If you are going to do it, do what Dustboogie mentions and at least break them up into a few different orders.

I'm having trouble submitting games to gazelle it doesnt update to my account after submitting try doing it with MW2 hardened edition.

I've been saying that gazelle is busted at the moment. They stopped updating their TIV's to match amazon. Something is fishy. I'm expecting BIG CHANGES once its back up to speed.

[quote name='Estebon']I've been saying that gazelle is busted at the moment. They stopped updating their TIV's to match amazon. Something is fishy. I'm expecting BIG CHANGES once its back up to speed.[/QUOTE]

They do continue to function though. I got a payment yesterday for several games, and today got about 4 boxes for things I submitted earlier in the week. And I have a lot more to send in, so as long as they honor everything submitted so far I'm OK with some changes ;).

wow, that's lots of trade-is io! iv never done gazelle, but maybe now that bestbuy is down to 3, i could send 3 to this place sometime. idk tho, seems like alot of work.

Gazelle is easy as shit. I would like them to match amazons prices on some games but some others are still high.

they lost my package it was delivered june 1st and i chatted with them to see if they knew why it hadnt been verified and they said they had to open a ticket becuase its missing. but they do have a record that they recieved it so hopefully they give me my money

[quote name='bredbu']they lost my package it was delivered june 1st and i chatted with them to see if they knew why it hadnt been verified and they said they had to open a ticket becuase its missing. but they do have a record that they recieved it so hopefully they give me my money[/QUOTE]

Looks like this may have happened to me too on more than one. And wouldn't you know one is my most expensive package. I've already copied and pasted the tracking page from usps into a document. How can I take a screen print of that page & is there anything else I should do?

[quote name='hqn101']I'm having trouble submitting games to gazelle it doesnt update to my account after submitting try doing it with MW2 hardened edition.[/QUOTE]

See the FAQ. It can take up to 24 hours. As it did for me the other day.

[quote name='Velo214']That's a great list J7[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='J7.']Looks like this may have happened to me too on more than one. And wouldn't you know one is my most expensive package. I've already copied and pasted the tracking page from usps into a document. How can I take a screen print of that page & is there anything else I should do?

See the FAQ. It can take up to 24 hours. As it did for me the other day.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Yup lol just got confirmation of ten trade-ins for which I have one.

Had a bunch of orders verified and paid today. I wish DealTree would pay me for the ones they verified this weekend...

Gazelle ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

They emailed me that they received them, everything checks out...AND this:

When our team checked out your Wii New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii New Super Mario Bros. Wii, they found they were better than we had expected, which means we're going to pay you more. We have increased the value of these items by $10.00.

Thats awesome right there. No idea why its better than what they expected, but its great of them to do that. They have my business forever now

Huh, I was going to say it sucks that Gazelle doesn't email you when they verify your stuff, but after reading the last post I guess it's just me. :/ Logged into the website to check and my stuff has been approved. Says payment by June 22nd though, I thought they were faster than that.

[quote name='rainking187']Huh, I was going to say it sucks that Gazelle doesn't email you when they verify your stuff, but after reading the last post I guess it's just me. :/ Logged into the website to check and my stuff has been approved. Says payment by June 22nd though, I thought they were faster than that.[/QUOTE]

If you chose paypal, expect it no later this week.

[quote name='Morphx2']Gazelle ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

They emailed me that they received them, everything checks out...AND this:

When our team checked out your Wii New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii New Super Mario Bros. Wii, they found they were better than we had expected, which means we're going to pay you more. We have increased the value of these items by $10.00.

Thats awesome right there. No idea why its better than what they expected, but its great of them to do that. They have my business forever now[/QUOTE]

Whaaa? Did you mark them as incomplete or something? That's the only time I've ever had anything marked up and it was only $2 or so. You got $5 more for each one though? What was your base trade-in price, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, I wish they would update soon to match Amazom because Amazon bumped some stuff up to, it would seem, compete with GS's 50% deal. For example, Gazelle has Scribblenauts at $13 and while Amazon had it for $13 about a week ago, it went up to $14.25 a few days ago and is now $16.50! I didn't know that and traded it to GS for $16.39 with the promo + Edge. Another one is GT5 Prologue: $13 at Gazelle, but $15.25 at Amazon (and would be $14.80 at GS with promo + Edge).

They found my packages and verified them today.

[quote name='io']Whaaa? Did you mark them as incomplete or something? That's the only time I've ever had anything marked up and it was only $2 or so. You got $5 more for each one though? What was your base trade-in price, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, I wish they would update soon to match Amazom because Amazon bumped some stuff up to, it would seem, compete with GS's 50% deal. For example, Gazelle has Scribblenauts at $13 and while Amazon had it for $13 about a week ago, it went up to $14.25 a few days ago and is now $16.50! I didn't know that and traded it to GS for $16.39 with the promo + Edge. Another one is GT5 Prologue: $13 at Gazelle, but $15.25 at Amazon (and would be $14.80 at GS with promo + Edge).[/QUOTE]

He must've sent both and marked that he didn't have case nor art. They take off $3 for not having case and $2 for art.

I'm thinking now that they're not updating because they're getting ready to launch the new Gazelle. I got an email about it. The new features they mentioned were more shipping flexibility, easier item tracking, and a more powerful gadget calculator. They want me to be a beta tester for it but I'd rather not.

Also they are running a scavenger hunt contest. The person who sends in items from the most gadget categories by June 30th will receive $100.

So I guess their values may not change until the new Gazelle is ready. That's both good and bad... and we may not see new stuff added until then either.

[quote name='J7.']

So I guess their values may not change until the new Gazelle is ready. That's both good and bad... and we may not see new stuff added until then either.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, they do not have Split Second on there (see GS Father's Day glitch sale...) while Amazon does for $35.25. I added that and GT 5 Prologue in an Amazon submission as much as I hate to do that any more. But Gazelle doesn't even list one and is over $3 less on the other.

I haven't heard a thing about this new Gazelle until now though. As long as they stay in business and keep paying out for trades, I don't care what they do ;).

It always worries me that these places will just fold in the middle of the night and we'd be out any submissions that haven't paid out yet. I worry about this with both Gazelle and Dealtree/EZTrade-in. The one good thing about Amazon/NorAm is you don't really have that concern. Yeah, NorAm could fold but I'd bet Amazon would make good on any outstanding transactions.

At this point, I'm much more worried about dealtree than gazelle.

would suck if we had to go back to trading in exclusively at gamestop.

This is why I am not happy about people bragging about trading 20 copies of a game in where we know they will not make money on those games. In order to stay alive, these places actually have to make money.

Golden goose always gets killed by greed.

I would hope Best Buy or eBay would back their advertised trade in program like amazon does. Who knows with gazelle. I had problems with my 1st trade with them last summer but its been smooth sailin since.

What are people supposed o do with 2 copies of Super Monkey Ball or Sudoku Ball? Trade them in for
$20 and call it a
day? Don't whine about people killing deals and somehow ruining it
for you.

For what it's worth, these places DO take in other, non gaming stuff, and they probably make a killing on reselling ipods and other not-video game stuff. I doubt getting 50 family doctors or SMBs (as an example of recent events) is going to tank them.

[quote name='URABAHN']What are people supposed o do with 2 copies of Super Monkey Ball or Sudoku Ball? Trade them in for
$20 and call it a
for you.[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean 20 copies of SMB? They could not buy 20 in the first place. It's a great flip but people just have no self control. I bought and traded in a few copies. I didn't miss out on the deal at all. I didn't realize pointing out that if these companies don't make money, they don't survive was whining. Thankfully you were able to inform me. You are a godsend.

[quote name='callmewoof']For what it's worth, these places DO take in other, non gaming stuff, and they probably make a killing on reselling ipods and other not-video game stuff. I doubt getting 50 family doctors or SMBs (as an example of recent events) is going to tank them.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully!

Forgive my off topicness:

Have any of you guys ever had a package go missing without even being logged as accepted by USPS? I dropped a package off last week which USPS has no information on. I was in a hurry at the time so I didn't ask the woman to scan it before I left. BIG MISTAKE. I dropped it off with a netflix movie which arrived at netflix the next day, but my $73 package is nowhere to be found.

With all the talk of missing/late/undelivered/lost packages in the threads lately (dealtree, gazelle, amazon, etc), I'm almost starting to wonder if I shouldn't just ship my stuff myself, getting the priority mail shipping w/ insurance and dc. :p USPS has the annoying habit of treating priority mail like a god, but anything lesser like a piece of poo, e.g. parcel post or first class.

Those 2 copies of super mario brothers did NOT have the art or case. But I am happy either way. Gazelle is the best for me since I get paypal $$ :) Cant wait until the next Hastings or Gamestop glitch sale!

[quote name='J7.']They found my packages and verified them today.

He must've sent both and marked that he didn't have case nor art. They take off $3 for not having case and $2 for art.

I'm thinking now that they're not updating because they're getting ready to launch the new Gazelle. I got an email about it. The new features they mentioned were more shipping flexibility, easier item tracking, and a more powerful gadget calculator. They want me to be a beta tester for it but I'd rather not.

Also they are running a scavenger hunt contest. The person who sends in items from the most gadget categories by June 30th will receive $100.

So I guess their values may not change until the new Gazelle is ready. That's both good and bad... and we may not see new stuff added until then either.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bgame2']Forgive my off topicness:

Have any of you guys ever had a package go missing without even being logged as accepted by USPS? I dropped a package off last week which USPS has no information on. I was in a hurry at the time so I didn't ask the woman to scan it before I left. BIG MISTAKE. I dropped it off with a netflix movie which arrived at netflix the next day, but my $73 package is nowhere to be found.[/QUOTE]

No. That sounds like it may have been lost within USPS. I would think that they would've scanned it at some point. It sounds like it could've been lost before it reached the first processing point. I would check with USPS in a few days.

[quote name='URABAHN']What are people supposed o do with 2 copies of Super Monkey Ball or Sudoku Ball? Trade them in for
$20 and call it a
for you.[/QUOTE]

Yes, trade them in for 20 and call it a day if you're not able to trade any more to dealtree. Unless you meant 20. In that case at least spread them out in separate packages. Don't whine about people trying to preserve deals. Nobody here had their deal ruined.

[quote name='callmewoof']With all the talk of missing/late/undelivered/lost packages in the threads lately (dealtree, gazelle, amazon, etc), I'm almost starting to wonder if I shouldn't just ship my stuff myself, getting the priority mail shipping w/ insurance and dc. :p USPS has the annoying habit of treating priority mail like a god, but anything lesser like a piece of poo, e.g. parcel post or first class.[/QUOTE]

This is why I like Gazelle - my PO just checks the weight and as long as it is more than enough Parcel Post postage to cover Priority Mail at the much lower weight they cross off the Parcel Post part of the label and send it off as priority. For example, one I dropped off yesterday with a box sent by Gazelle and their own label was about 1 1/2 pounds for 5 games but Gazelle gave me a 5 lb Parcel Post label. That is more than enough to cover priority mail at 1 1/2 lbs.

But I haven't been having any problems with the USPS anyway. I sent one Parcel Post package to Dealtree a couple weeks ago and have been paid for that. Meanwhile, a bunch of my first-class packages have arrived at Dealtree - they just haven't deemed to verify them yet :roll:.

[quote name='io']This is why I like Gazelle - my PO just checks the weight and as long as it is more than enough Parcel Post postage to cover Priority Mail at the much lower weight they cross off the Parcel Post part of the label and send it off as priority..[/QUOTE]

How do you ask for this?

[quote name='confoosious']How do you ask for this?[/QUOTE]

Um, I just ask ;). I live in a small town and I'm there all the time so they know me. By now they have the routine down for Gazelle packages. Every once in a while I get a fill-in clerk that doesn't know about it so I just explain what they have been doing. All they need to do is check the cost of the label that is on there (eg, 5 lb Parcel Post). Then they can look up the priority cost for the actual weight (eg, 1.5 lbs). If A > B, then it should be no problem to just send it off. Sometimes they may want to generate a new postage label to do so (I had one of the fill-in guys do this) but for the most part they just sharpie out the "Parcel Post" part of the label and toss it in the priority mail bin. It has never failed - they get there in 2-3 days which beats the crap out of Parcel Post (7-10 days).

Note that you can check yourself online beforehand so you are armed with the info before you go in.

For example, I have a 4lb label to use today and the actual weight is also about 1 1/2.

So, using my zip and Gazelle's delivery zip (21031), I get a calculated Parcel Post cost of $11.57 for 4lbs. Priority at 4 lbs would cost $14.50. But it isn't 4lbs, it is between 1 and 2, so just using 2 lbs for the calculator, I get $9.55 for priority mail. Since the label is nominally worth $11.57, it should cover the $9.55 for priority at the actual weight. Note that some clerks may say that they don't know how much was actually paid on the Parcel Post label as surely Gazelle got some sort of online discount. At most, though, those discounts are 20%. So on this 4lb package I'm pushing the boundaries there a bit. But I've mailed other Gazelle packages that had 8lb Parcel post labels and only weighed 2 or 3 lbs - those are clearly OK no matter what amazong discount Gazelle got on the Parcel Post.

[quote name='confoosious']you're lucky. my po won't even scan a package so it's in the system.[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, they don't do that at mine either - but then I don't ask. However, they always get scanned by the sorting facility at the nearest big metro area, usually later that night or the next day.

Does it bother anyone else that they have not updated there prices for like the past 1 - weeks? I get nervous for some reason.

I just had a box delivered on monday and yesterday it was inspected. But it worries me some since I have about $600 on the way there. That would suck if that gets messed up and have a few Lego Indy 2 to still send in as well. I'll post when the next few shipments get inspected.

[quote name='confoosious']you're lucky. my po won't even scan a package so it's in the system.[/QUOTE]

And that is exactly why I am fuckout of luck on my missing package.

I should have known that the one time I did not recognize the USPS worker that I handed my package to, she would inevitably manage to lose my package without scanning it in. So as far as USPS is concerned I never brought that package to the post office.

I'm really annoyed at myself for not insisting upon an arrival scan and frustrated as hell that the USPS people don't scan the packages upon receipt as a matter of course.

I k

I canceled a transaction yesterday. It was very easy, just go to your history and click cancel. No need to give a reason or send email any longer.

Could just be an issue as to where you are also. I'm two states over from NorAm so I know when I drop an Amazon trade-in package with UPS, it always gets there in 24 hours. Usually the turnaround is very quick after that depending on how much they're backed up.

My experiences with Gazelle are much longer. Parcel Post is quite slow, especially if you are sending a larger package as I typically do. The turnaround between the two services is usually 7 days+ longer for me using Gazelle, because the credit isn't instantaneous, though you do get the extra 5%.

[quote name='confoosious']At this point, I'm much more worried about dealtree than gazelle.

would suck if we had to go back to trading in exclusively at gamestop.

This is why I am not happy about people bragging about trading 20 copies of a game in where we know they will not make money on those games. In order to stay alive, these places actually have to make money.

Golden goose always gets killed by greed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']I assume you mean 20 copies of SMB? They could not buy 20 in the first place. It's a great flip but people just have no self control. I bought and traded in a few copies. I didn't miss out on the deal at all. I didn't realize pointing out that if these companies don't make money, they don't survive was whining. Thankfully you were able to inform me. You are a godsend.[/QUOTE]

I was wrong, you weren't whining about getting a deal killed for you, you're whining about people flipping too many copies and the mail order service closes down. Is that accurate?

How many copies, how much money would you feel falls under self control? 3 copies, $60? 10 copies, $200? If a company goes out of business because of poor trade-in policies should we blame the consumer or the business? The business will succeed and fail on it's own merits and we shouldn't blame anyone that purchases more than 3 copies and turns it in for profit. You may have noticed Dealtree implemented a 3 copy per platform per year policy. That was probably done to maximize profits because they can realistically sell X number of a particular game but it's unlikely they can move 10,000 copies of an unpopular game like SMB, SBD, or Fairytale Fights.

Tried trading my copy of Tiger Woods 10 for Wii to Amazon, but since it was from the MotionPlus pack, it got rejected (no UPC code on the case). If Gazelle is more lax about that kind of thing, maybe I'll try it with them. Even so, will I run into the same problem? Should I find the cover art online and print a new one with the UPC?

[quote name='easper']Tried trading my copy of Tiger Woods 10 for Wii to Amazon, but since it was from the MotionPlus pack, it got rejected (no UPC code on the case). If Gazelle is more lax about that kind of thing, maybe I'll try it with them. Even so, will I run into the same problem? Should I find the cover art online and print a new one with the UPC?[/QUOTE]

I would just print the upc and glue it on there or something lol.

[quote name='ttonylema']I just had a box delivered on monday and yesterday it was inspected. But it worries me some since I have about $600 on the way there. That would suck if that gets messed up and have a few Lego Indy 2 to still send in as well. I'll post when the next few shipments get inspected.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean. If you haven't encountered any problem yet, I wouldn't worry as Gazelle seems pretty good to people so far.

[quote name='nixmahn']Does it bother anyone else that they have not updated there prices for like the past 1 - weeks? I get nervous for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Read back a few posts.

[quote name='easper']Tried trading my copy of Tiger Woods 10 for Wii to Amazon, but since it was from the MotionPlus pack, it got rejected (no UPC code on the case). If Gazelle is more lax about that kind of thing, maybe I'll try it with them. Even so, will I run into the same problem? Should I find the cover art online and print a new one with the UPC?[/QUOTE]

First, see the FAQ. Second, ymmv as those were sealed copies, but I don't think it would matter.

[quote name='URABAHN']I was wrong, you weren't whining about getting a deal killed for you, you're whining about people flipping too many copies and the mail order service closes down. Is that accurate?

How many copies, how much money would you feel falls under self control? 3 copies, $60? 10 copies, $200? If a company goes out of business because of poor trade-in policies should we blame the consumer or the business? The business will succeed and fail on it's own merits and we shouldn't blame anyone that purchases more than 3 copies and turns it in for profit. You may have noticed Dealtree implemented a 3 copy per platform per year policy. That was probably done to maximize profits because they can realistically sell X number of a particular game but it's unlikely they can move 10,000 copies of an unpopular game like SMB, SBD, or Fairytale Fights.[/QUOTE]

See the error in your ways, cross over to the other side and become a born again gamer like myself. Confoosious spoke the gospel and converted me, may his words ring true with you. The gamer is pure, not looking for profit or personal gain, only pure enjoyment and satisfaction that is tainted by the heathens that trade games for profit or worse re-sell. All the while the gamer is the one who suffers as game prices escalate to levels that exceed MSRP and have no options for trading their used wears. Don't make Confoosious drag the proverbial PacMan Arcade Console across the desert and then push it over on him sealing his fate.

Just to test out the site since I've never used it before I'm trying a shipment of 5 games I'll most likely never play again for 54 dollars in credit.

So basically you take the box to the postal worker and make sure they scan it?

[quote name='converse']See the error in your ways, cross over to the other side and become a born again gamer like myself. Confoosious spoke the gospel and converted me, may his words ring true with you. The gamer is pure, not looking for profit or personal gain, only pure enjoyment and satisfaction that is tainted by the heathens that trade games for profit or worse re-sell. All the while the gamer is the one who suffers as game prices escalate to levels that exceed MSRP and have no options for trading their used wears. Don't make Confoosious drag the proverbial PacMan Arcade Console across the desert and then push it over on him sealing his fate.[/QUOTE]

amen :pray:

I asked mine to do that once and I was told the charge was 1.19 for proof I dropped it off.

Question on my situation.

I had an extra copy of CoD MW2 for ps3 for a friend I got from gamestop when they were having a few coupons that stacked like 2 months ago. I noticed on gazelle it'd net me like 35~ for credit and since he doesn't seem interested, I put in a trade. That was more than I paid anyway, good deal.

Apparently I accidentally had them send me something to ship it off and now another friend says he wants to buy it off me for his cousin. Can I cancel it even after having them ship me something out without paying anything?

[quote name='converse']See the error in your ways, cross over to the other side and become a born again gamer like myself. Confoosious spoke the gospel and converted me, may his words ring true with you. The gamer is pure, not looking for profit or personal gain, only pure enjoyment and satisfaction that is tainted by the heathens that trade games for profit or worse re-sell. All the while the gamer is the one who suffers as game prices escalate to levels that exceed MSRP and have no options for trading their used wears. Don't make Confoosious drag the proverbial PacMan Arcade Console across the desert and then push it over on him sealing his fate.[/QUOTE]

dude, could you please stop following me around? your sarcasm is gay as all hell. :roll:

Especially since you're mixing religions in your awful pun.

[quote name='nakanenui']I canceled a transaction yesterday. It was very easy, just go to your history and click cancel. No need to give a reason or send email any longer.[/QUOTE]

Um, as far as I know it has always been this way - at least this year, anyway. It is Best Buy/Dealtree that makes you send an email to cancel.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Could just be an issue as to where you are also. I'm two states over from NorAm so I know when I drop an Amazon trade-in package with UPS, it always gets there in 24 hours. Usually the turnaround is very quick after that depending on how much they're backed up.

My experiences with Gazelle are much longer. Parcel Post is quite slow, especially if you are sending a larger package as I typically do. The turnaround between the two services is usually 7 days+ longer for me using Gazelle, because the credit isn't instantaneous, though you do get the extra 5%.[/QUOTE]

Well of course that makes a difference. Being on the West Coast, UPS is utterly the worst possible service for sending things across the country. It takes them a minimum 7-8 days, with of course no Saturday service either. With Gazelle, since I can use priority mail, it takes 2-3 days. Even when I send something Parcel Post it is usually better than UPS. With USPS, they don't intentionally delay things like UPS based on the level of service you paid for (how else do you explain UPS always delivering after 7 days?). With USPS media and parcel post can be slow, but it can also go fast if they have the room for it. I've sent Parcel Post stuff cross country that has only taken 4 days. I did have one take 10 days to Dealtree but that was an aberration and it spent most of that time right at their end getting sorted 3 times in Baltimore :roll:.

[quote name='Vortextk']
Apparently I accidentally had them send me something to ship it off and now another friend says he wants to buy it off me for his cousin. Can I cancel it even after having them ship me something out without paying anything?[/QUOTE]

I've gotten a few prepaid labels/boxes and not used them. I end up using the boxes for other shipments though. And sometimes I cancel one or two items out of it so I have to reprint them anyway. Sometimes you'll get a box sent without even noticing. Last night I cancelled multiple items from one submission and sent off what was left today. When I got home there I got an email from Gazelle saying they sent me a box for that order #-o. I've seen this happen before (and someone else mentioned it too) - if you reduce your number of games down to 5 or less, I think, from a larger order, it will go automatically to sending you a box unless you go in and cancel it. Once I printed the label I didn't look at my account again to notice that. Oh well, so they are sending me a box for an order I just mailed :lol:...

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Just to test out the site since I've never used it before I'm trying a shipment of 5 games I'll most likely never play again for 54 dollars in credit.

So basically you take the box to the postal worker and make sure they scan it?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You don't need to get it scanned, but it does prove you shipped it if it ends up lost before it gets to Gazelle.

[quote name='Vortextk']Question on my situation.

I had an extra copy of CoD MW2 for ps3 for a friend I got from gamestop when they were having a few coupons that stacked like 2 months ago. I noticed on gazelle it'd net me like 35~ for credit and since he doesn't seem interested, I put in a trade. That was more than I paid anyway, good deal.

Apparently I accidentally had them send me something to ship it off and now another friend says he wants to buy it off me for his cousin. Can I cancel it even after having them ship me something out without paying anything?[/QUOTE]

This is also in the FAQ.

[quote name='io']
Last night I cancelled multiple items from one submission and sent off what was left today. When I got home there I got an email from Gazelle saying they sent me a box for that order #-o. I've seen this happen before (and someone else mentioned it too) - if you reduce your number of games down to 5 or less, I think, from a larger order, it will go automatically to sending you a box unless you go in and cancel it.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did.
Q) Do they give you a box?
A) If you want one but only for orders that have ~3-6 games (forget exact amount), they will mail you a priority mail box (but they give you parcel post label…). The box will arrive in ~3 days-1.5 weeks.

Q) Why did I get an email saying I’ll get a box when I did not request one?
A) When you delete games from a large order it will then default to giving you a box. Just un-request it.

bread's done
Back