GBAstar's CAG Giveaway: May: Closed! Winners Announced Soon! | June: LIVE! Prizes announced this weekend!

[quote name='GBAstar']
I'd also like to think of a way to make the contest more unique. I'm not a big fan of requiring people to like something on facebook or register somewhere; I like keeping contests clean and simple but I'd also like to give actual real life CAG contributors a better chance at winning versus some of the entrants who create accounts ONLY to enter contests[/QUOTE]

Problem is that some people (including myself) really do only use social networking sites for contests & promotions. Doesn't mean we aren't real/active CAGs, just that we don't need to use/have interest in using sites like that to speak with people.
As I see it, unless you have a website/newsletter CAGs might be interested in getting into (do you?), I don't see what else you'd get CAGs to do...besides commenting on blog posts/liking a social network page.

Just my two cents; & I'd like you to count me in for this month! Thanks.

EDIT: [quote name='FlamedLiquid']Count me in. Was wondering what this was all about.

If you want to lessen the chance of people that make multiple accounts you could set a certain sign up date. [/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='delsus09']Problem is that some people (including myself) really do only use social networking sites for contests & promotions. Doesn't mean we aren't real/active CAGs, just that we don't need to use/have interest in using sites like that to speak with people.
As I see it, unless you have a website/newsletter CAGs might be interested in getting into (do you?), I don't see what else you'd get CAGs to do...besides commenting on blog posts/liking a social network page.

Just my two cents; & I'd like you to count me in for this month! Thanks.

EDIT:
Yes.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I wiped my facebook account a few years ago and only use it for coupons and promotions. I don't have a problem with the way things have been the last few months. I want to give this stuff away--that's the whole point of this thread. Just wanted to get some input and see how people felt.

Thanks for entering.

NOTE: I'll update the April participation list in the next few days. Keep an eye on post #3.

bread's done
Back